• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Character Creation Guide for Sharseya =)

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1. Feel free to use this Character Sheet - courtesy of our wonderful Jaydude!
Sil? If you don't have a Character Sheet yet, feel free to use this?

Jay, this continues to make me chuckle! ""Small Silver Chalice"]This was puked up given to Alisa by a mimic named Barfy."

Hey, jaydude jaydude ? I was just making some alterations to the Character Sheet you created and I think you've shorted yourself a Character Feat? Alisa is supposed to have 7 and she has 6.
[TABS] [TAB=Attributes and Feats] Name: Race: Deity (if any): Alignment: Stats: (Ability Score Selection: [B]Selection choice + 3 Ability Points)[/B] Str: Dex: Con: Int: Wis: Cha: Level: 13 Character Class: Hit Points: Hit Dice: Action Points: Armor Class: Touch AC: Initiative Bonus: Fortitude Save: + Reflex Save: + Will Save: + Base Attack: + Melee: + Ranged: + [B]Character Feats by Level[/B] [LIST] [*][B]1st Level - [/B] [*][B]3rd Level [/B] [*][B]5th Level - [/B] [*][B]7th Level - [/B] [*][B]9th Level - [/B] [*][B]11th Level - [/B] [*][B]13th Level - [/B] [/LIST] [B]Signature Abilities[/B] 1st Level: 5th Level: 10th Level: [/TAB] [TAB=Skills] x Skill Points from x Intelligence. (x used so far) [B]Acrobatics[/B] (Dexterity): [B]Arcana[/B] (Intelligence): [B]Athletics [/B]- (Strength): [B]Crafting [/B]- (Intelligence): [B]Deception [/B]- (Charisma): [B]Diplomacy [/B]- (Charisma): [B]Intimidation [/B]- (Charisma): [B]Linguistics [/B]- (Intelligence): [B]Lore [/B](includes Profession from Pathfinder 1.0) - (Intelligence): [B]Medicine [/B](Wisdom): [B]Nature[/B] (Wisdom): [B]Occultism [/B](Intelligence): [B]Perception [/B](Wisdom): [B]Performance [/B](Charisma): [B]Religion [/B](Wisdom): [B]Sense Motive [/B](Wisdom): [B]Society [/B](Intelligence): [B]Stealth [/B](Dexterity): [B]Survival[/B] (Wisdom): [B]Thievery [/B](Dexterity): [/TAB] [TAB=Abilities] [B]Prepared Spells (using 13th Level Paladin as example) First level (Four slots)[/B]: Bless Cure Light Wounds Detect Evil Protection from Evil [B]Second level (Three slots)[/B]: Remove Paralysis Resist Energy [B]Third level (One slot)[/B]: Magic Circle Against Evil [/TAB] [TAB=Equipment] Currency: Start with 500 gold pieces to spend in the Core Book [SPOILER="+1 Rapier with Light on Command"] [HEADING=2]Statistics[/HEADING] [B]Cost[/B] 20 gp [B]Weight[/B] 2 lbs. [B]Damage[/B] 1d4 (small), 1d6 (medium); [B]Critical[/B] 18-20/x2; [B]Range[/B] —; [B]Type[/B] P; [B]Special[/B] — [B]Category[/B] One-Handed; [B]Proficiency[/B] Martial [B]Weapon Groups[/B] Blades, Light [HEADING=2][B]Description[/B][/HEADING] You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a rapier sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon. You can’t wield a rapier in two hands in order to apply 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier to its damage. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Composite Longbow"] [HEADING=2]Statistics[/HEADING] [B]Cost[/B] 100 gp [B]Weight[/B] 3 lbs. [B]Damage[/B] 1d6 (small), 1d8 (medium); [B]Critical[/B] x3; [B]Range[/B] 110 ft.; [B]Type[/B] P; [B]Special[/B] — [B]Category[/B] Ranged; [B]Proficiency[/B] Martial [B]Weapon Groups[/B] Bows [HEADING=2]Description[/HEADING] You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. You can use a composite longbow while mounted. All composite bows are made with a particular strength rating (that is, each requires a minimum Strength modifier to use it with proficiency). If your Strength modifier is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can’t effectively use it, so you take a –2 penalty on attacks with it. The default composite longbow requires a Strength modifier of +0 or higher to use with proficiency. A composite longbow can be made with a high strength rating to take advantage of an above-average Strength score; this feature allows you to add your Strength modifier on damage rolls, up to the maximum bonus indicated for the bow. Each point of Strength bonus granted by the bow adds 100 gp to its cost. If you have a negative modifier due to low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use a composite longbow. A composite longbow fires arrows. For the purposes of Weapon Proficiency and similar feats, a composite longbow is treated as if it were a longbow. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Rosewood Armor"] [HEADING=2]Statistics[/HEADING] [B]Cost[/B] 50 gp [B]Weight[/B] 15 lbs. [B]Armor Bonus[/B] +2; [B]Max Dex Bonus[/B] +6; [B]Armor Check Penalty[/B] 0 [B]Arcane Spell Failure Chance[/B] 10%; [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft./20 ft. [HEADING=2]Description[/HEADING] This suit of leather armor is wrapped in special rose vines. Treat this as leather armor with armor spikes. The vines must be watered with at least 1 gallon of water each day or they wither and die, turning the armor into normal leather armor.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Normal Gear"] [LIST] [*]A sturdy leather backpack. [*]A comfy bedroll. [*]2 small sacks. [*]1 large sack. [*]A dagger and sheath. [*]3 flasks of oil. [*]50 feet of hemp rope. [*]Two outfits of choice. [*]6 tindertwigs (matches, basically, but better. Lighting a torch is a standard action instead of a full-round action with flint and steel). [*]A tinderbox (much like flint and steel, but far more convenient). [*]Two weeks of good rations. [*]Two full waterskins. [/LIST] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Wondrous Items"] (Again using an example from a starting 13th Level Paladin) [LIST] [*][B][U]Bag of Holding Type I[/U][/B] - A fine, attractive over-sized satchel with strap about 2 feet by 4 feet in size, white, brown, or black in color. Metagame info: Regardless of what is put into the bags, it weighs a fixed amount. If the bag is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever. You have also been told [I]never[/I] to turn this bag inside-out... [B]House Rule: [/B]Retrieving a specific item is a move action (as opposed to a full-round action if the bags is holding more than an ordinary backpack would hold). Bag weight: 15 pounds. Contents Weight limit: 250 pounds. Contents Volume Limit: 30 cubic feet. [*][B][U][B][U][B][U]Belt of Ogre Power (Giant Strength) +2[/U][/B][/U][/B][/U][/B] - This belt is a thick leather affair, often decorated with huge metal buckles. Metagame info: The belt grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to Strength of +2 when worn (DM Note: Whenever worn, unlike the temporarily ability bonus for the first 24 hours). [*][B][U][B][U]Boots of Striding and Springing[/U][/B][/U][/B][I]- [/I]Or sandals or cloth shoes or whatever footwear you like most. Metagame: These boots increase the wearer's base land speed by 10 feet. In addition to this striding ability (considered an enhancement bonus), these boots allow the wearer to make great leaps. She can jump with a +5 competence bonus on acrobatics checks. [*][B][U]Cloak of Resistance +1[/U][/B] - A good-looking cloak, both sturdy and long-lasting, with a folding hood. Metagame info: These garments offer magic protection in the form of a +1 resistance bonus on all saving throws (Fortitude, Reflex, and Will). [*][B][U]Ring of Force Shield[/U][/B] - This ornate silver ring has a bright emerald set firmly in its base. Metagame info: This ring generated a shield-sized (and shield-shaped) [I]wall of force[/I] that stays with the ring and can be wielded by the wearer as if it were a heavy shield (+2 to Armor Class). This special creation has no armor check penalty or arcane spell failure chance since it is weightless and encumbrance-free. It can be activated and deactivated at will as a free action. [/LIST] [/SPOILER] [/TAB] [TAB=Background] (Insert a basic background here, anywhere between 1-3 paragraphs or more in a spoiler if you've a writing itch to scratch? See your fellow PCs' Character Sheets if it helps you [B]1. Where was your Character born? 2. How did A your Character isa grow up (including who their family is in basic terms, with or without first names, please)? 3. What kind of education does your Character have? 4. What was your Character doing prior to her life as an adventurer? 5. Why did your Character become an adventurer? 6. What short-term goals does your Character have? 7. What long-term goals does your Character have?[/B] [/TAB] [/TABS]

2. Make an Ability Score Selection.
Choose one Selection. Arrange these scores as desired. Remember to adjust for Character level and race. A little background here: I rolled these scores myself before the Conversation was deleted. =)
Selection 1 - 10, 16, 13, 16, 8, 9.
Selection 2 - 12, 15, 7, 18, 13, 11
Selection 3 - 13, 17, 14, 12, 9, 12
Selection 4 - 10, 13, 12, 11, 14, 15
Selection 5 - 10, 10, 17, 7, 13, 14
Selection 6 - 13, 14, 13, 11, 11, 14.

3. Select a Race.
Select from the following races:
(Small-sized)
Gnome
Kobold
Hobbit (Halfling)

(Medium-sized)
Dwarf (Mountain only)
Elf (Drow, Wild, Wood, Grey)
Half-Elf (not Wild Elf)
Half-Orc
Human (from Summerset, Highwind, Glimmerdawn, Issmir or elsewhere on Averlund or Rhumia).

(Large-sized)
Centaur
Felane (a Dannigan-created race)
Minotaur
Wemic

4. Select a Character Class (besides the Core Classes, see the bottom of the list in Shop Talk for Allowed Classes and Core Class Changes). Select all that goes with the Class (skills, Feats, etc.).

5. Select a Signature Ability (now or later). See Shop Talk for details.

6. Starting Magic Items, Gear, and Gold.
O.K. Long post here. Enjoy. =)

Starting Magic Items, gear, and gold. I have rolled protective gear individually. Each character starts with 500 gold pieces to spend as you please. If everyone wants mounts (in the form of light combat-trained horses with riding saddles and saddlebags), just let me know and they are yours. I would prefer that either everyone have horses or no one, but I am leaving that up to you to decide.

Everyone starts out with some basic starting gear for free (listed below). As for wondrous items, I have created a pool for your characters to choose from. Just like attributes, I don't mind if folks choose an item someone else has already picked. If everyone in the party wants Horseshoes of the Zephyr to race across the countryside with, have at!

Your character receives a +1 weapon with Light on Command. Weapon choice (as in Real Life) is largely a matter of personal choice and skill. I am not going to stick you with a quarterstaff or mace if what you really want to use is a good, sharp sword... Your weapon can be exotic if you so choose; just be certain your character is trained in its use.

Your character also receives magical armor or protection of some kind. I roll this randomly and take into account your character class or classes and your armor preference. So, if your character is of the armor-wearing variety (Fighter, Cleric, Rogue), give me the armor type you like most (i.e. Breastplate, Studded Leather, Plate Mail). If not, (Sorcerer, Wizard, Monk), I get you something to put between your skin and harm's way. Either way, I then make some random rolls and provide you with the results.

Normal Gear

Everyone begins with the following:

Starting Gear:
A sturdy leather backpack,
a comfy bedroll,
2 small sacks,
1 large sack,
a dagger and sheath,
a hooded lantern (if desired. Your weapons have Light on Command),
3 flasks of oil,
50 feet of hemp rope,
two outfits of choice,
6 tindertwigs (matches, basically, but better. Lighting a torch is a standard action instead of a full-round action with flint and steel),
A tinderbox (much like flint and steel, but far more convenient),
two weeks of good rations,
two full waterskins.

Wondrous Items hoard (choose any FIVE items, but choose wisely)

Amulet of Mighty Fists
- This two-sided amulet displays a fantastic carving very fit masculine body on one side with a feminine body on the other. Metagame info: This amulet grants an enhancement bonus of +1 on attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks and natural weapons. In my game, this particular amulet also grants the use of the feat: Improved Unarmed Attack instead of the melee weapon special abilities.

Bag of Holding Type I - A fine, attractive over-sized satchel with strap about 2 feet by 4 feet in size, white, brown, or black in color. Metagame info: Regardless of what is put into the bags, it weighs a fixed amount. If the bag is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever. You have also been told never to turn this bag inside-out... House Rule: Retrieving a specific item is a move action (as opposed to a full-round action if the bags is holding more than an ordinary backpack would hold). Bag weight: 15 pounds. Contents Weight limit: 250 pounds. Contents Volume Limit: 30 cubic feet.

Bag of Holding Type III - (GM Note: This big bad boy counts as two items). As above, except: Bag weight: 35 pounds. Contents Weight limit: 1,000 pounds. Contents Volume Limit: 250 cubic feet.

Belt of Ogre Power (Giant Strength) +2 - This belt is a thick leather affair, often decorated with huge metal buckles. Metagame info: The belt grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to Strength of +2 when worn (DM Note: Whenever worn, unlike the temporarily ability bonus for the first 24 hours).

Boots of Striding and Springing - Or sandals or cloth shoes or whatever footwear you like most. Metagame: These boots increase the wearer's base land speed by 10 feet. In addition to this striding ability (considered an enhancement bonus), these boots allow the wearer to make great leaps. She can jump with a +5 competence bonus on acrobatics checks.

Chime of Opening - Dwarven-made, this little charm sings a tune that can come in handy. Metagame info: A chime of opening is a hollow mithril tube about 1 foot long. When struck, is causes locks, doors, portals, shackles, and the like to open. It automatically dispels a hold portal spell or even an arcane lock case by a wizard of lower than 15th level. This is a brand-new chime which can function 10 times (GM Note: Unlike the normal version that cracks and becomes useless, this chime simply ceases to open things and can be recharged. The ringing sound is beautiful and something unique to hear and can be used as a signal. One can sound the chime without activating its magical properties if so desired).

Cloak of Resistance +1 - A good-looking cloak, both sturdy and long-lasting, with a folding hood. Metagame info: These garments offer magic protection in the form of a +1 resistance bonus on all saving throws (Fortitude, Reflex, and Will).

Dust of Tracelessness - (DM Note: 3 uses, all kept in individual tiny cloth bags bundled inside a larger bag embroidered with a picture of a confused-looking pack of wolves). Metagame info: This normal-seeming dust is actually a magic powder that can conceal the passage of its possessor and his companions. A handful of dust sprinkled along a trail causes evidence of the passage of as many as a dozen men and horses to be obliterated for 250 feet back into the distance. The results of the dust are instantaneous, and no magical aura lingers afterward from this use of the dust.

Elixir of Truth - (DM Note: Normally this is one-shot item. This is a bundle of 3 Elixirs of Truth in a small, handy pouch made to carry them.) Metagame Info: This elixir forces the drinker to say nothing but the truth for 10 minutes (Will DC 13 negates). she must answer any questions put to he in that time (each question requires a Will save. If one of these secondary saves is successful, she doesn't break free of the truth-compelling enchantment but also doesn't have to answer that particular question (if she does answer, she must tell the truth). No more than one question can be asked each round.

Elixir of Vision - (DM Note: Normally this is one-shot item. This is a bundle of 3 Elixirs of Truth in a small, handy pouch made to carry them.) Metagame Info: Drinking this elixir grants the imbiber the ability to notice acute details with great accuracy (+10 competence bonus on Perception checks for 1 hour).

Horseshoes of the Zephyr - These magnificent golden horseshoes leave tiny trails of stardust when they are used. Metagame info: They allow a mount to travel without actually touching the ground (always around 4 inches above). The mount must still run above a roughly horizontal surface, including solid or unstable surfaces like water or lava, and that movement is possible without leaving any tracks whatsoever. The mount moves at its normal base speed. All four horseshoes must be worn by the same animal for the magic to be effective.

Ioun Stone (Dusty Rose Prism) - What a pretty little gem! Metagame info: A crystalline stone that always floats in the air. When a character first acquires a stone, she must hold it and then release it, whereupon it takes up a circling orbit 1d3 feet fro her head. Thereafter, a stone must be grasped or netted to separate it from its owner. Benefit: +1 insight bonus to Armor Class. (GM Note: Plus it really does look cool...)

Lens of Detection - This magnifying glass has a lens about 6 inches in diameter with faint runes along the edges when one looks through the glass. Metagame info: Adds +5 to Perception checks. Also adds +5 competence bonus on Survival checks when tracking.

Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (3) - For when you want to live longer. They have a strong fruit flavor and are invigorating. Too bad it only comes in pints, right? Metagame info: Acts as a maximum Cure Moderate Wounds spell when imbibed, curing 2d8+10 points of damage. Three potions.

Stone Salve - (DM Note: Normally this is one-shot item. Three ounces of Stone Salve are kept safe in a small, tightly-capped and sectioned stone container of deep-blue hue.) Metagame info: This ointment has two uses. If an once of it is applied to to the flesh of a petrified creature, it returns the creature to flesh as the stone to flesh spell. If an ounce of it is applied to the flesh of a non-petrified creature, it protects the creature as a stoneskin spell.

Restorative Ointment - The honey-colored glass jar appears to be of Wood Elven design, for it opens and closes without a sound. Every time. Metagame info: Placed upon a poisoned wound or swallowed, the ointment detoxifies any points (as neutralize poison with a +5 bonus on the check). Applied to a diseased area, it removes disease (ass remove disease with a +5 bonus on the check). Rubbed on a wound, the ointment cures 1d8+5 points of damage (as cure light wounds). There are five applications.

Ring of Force Shield - This ornate silver ring has a bright emerald set firmly in its base. Metagame info: This ring generated a shield-sized (and shield-shaped) wall of force that stays with the ring and can be wielded by the wearer as if it were a heavy shield (+2 to Armor Class). This special creation has to armor check penalty or arcane spell failure chance since it is weightless and encumbrance-free. It can be activated and deactivated at will as a free action.

Ring of Jumping - A leather-bound band with the designs of all kinds of jumping creatures from crickets to antelope along its surface. Metagame info: This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Acrobatics checks made to make high or long jumps.

Ring of Mind Shielding - An ordinary-looking copper ring with the word, "Comfort" written inside its band. Metagame info: The wearer is continually immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, any any attempt to magically discern her alignment.

Wand of Cat's Grace - This wand is shaped like a very long, brown-furred cat. It is apparently usable by anyone... Metagame info: Adds +4 to Dexterity for 10 minutes. Has 25/50 charges. Mew!

That's enough for now. Have fun! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Last edited:
Hmm. You might want to put some CODE tags on this, since otherwise we all have no chance of accessing the actual code that goes into the character sheet. It's what I did for the Avatar Legends sheet.

Basically, just click the edit post button, and select all the text that makes up the character sheet code. Then go to the toolbar and click the three dots next to "Insert table" (same place you go to get the option to add spoilers), and click "Code" (It's represented by "</>"). Any code you paste in there won't be executed, and can be copy-pasted in its raw form.

I wondered how you had done that. Thank you, Jay! =)

Done. That's neat! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back