If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
"You're a big bad vampire. Hey, great, congrats. Now keep it to yourself."
Hello people of the Nation!
I have a cravings thread for particular fandoms and plots I want to do, but I’ve had a craving to pull some characters and bring them back to life, so to speak – those that never had their stories finished, or some that never even had their stories started. I’ll indicate what kind of genre or fandom they belong to, and flesh out what details I have on them. If anything strikes your fancy, just hit me up!
I still double up – that doesn’t mean you have to indicate two characters. I am happy to create new characters for a story and brainstorm them, too!
1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.
2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.
3. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF.
4. 4. I only RP on threads, (or GDocs in rare cases), so no PM, kik, discord, e-mail, or other rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!
5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.
6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.
1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.
2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".
3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.
4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.
5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.
Samale Acario and Onni Acario are the pair.
Onni Acario is the older brother of Samale, a seer in a family of seers that leads a people known for their more mental/psionic magics. The Acario patriarch considers that only those born with the talent of foresight could ever be his children.
Samale Acario is not a seer. She inherited the ability to read minds instead, and she has been faking it for years by reading the minds of other seers to get the “correct” answers, aware that her father would likely kill her mother, and her, for the dishonor, even though her mother was faithful.
In this kind of society, arranged marriages are the norm – and when Samale is engaged to a rival family known for their mind reading talents, she learns from her brother it will spell the end. He will find out.
This could take place either on their home, and dealing with handling this matter – or it could be years later, Samale having fled and made a life elsewhere, but the problems of home returning. Perhaps someone has called for a seer and Onni has answered it, or perhaps the jilted fiancé and Samale have an unexpected run-in.
In either case, this is a good story for a fantasy world, or a modern-fantasy world (not Earth), though I’ve never tried it in that sort of environment. I’ve done a story with these two that involved dragon-riders before and the telepathy between dragons and riders, that made things a bit interesting since the dragon was able to figure out Samale wasn’t a seer, so I am open to a multiplicity of options!
I'll be calling them Semira and Ishara for now, but names may change. Semira is the vampire and Ishara is the vampire. Long story short, Ishara had been attached to the sire of Semira, but saw that was going nowhere, so she linked up with Semira. Ishara doesn't have a body, and that's her desire - a body. She tries to forge bonds with immortals, like vampires, in order to obtain a body by being able to possess them.
Semira isn't into this idea, but she's offered to look into a way to give Ishara a body. Best in Modern-Fantasy settings, and I'd love to have an RP with them involving other vampires or an angel.
This is a bit inspired by the idea of the En Bloodline from Vampire the Requiem.
So, this character is not fleshed out yet. I’ve been reading Lost Stars by Claudia Gray and seeing Nash Windrider has made me crave playing an Imperial from Alderaan. This would be a heavily OC plot. I’m willing to double and do OCxCanon on my partner’s side, so long as it’s Luke you’re looking for – I’m sorry, not sorry, I’m not playing Han across anyone but Leia.
I’m also totally good with playing this as OCxOC across the board, but you have to understand I do expect doubling, so don’t come at me with one idea for a character. Bring me two, and bring me what you’re looking for, and we’ll plot from there.
I’m looking at this either for FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, or an OC Final Fantasy world where summoners are notable (in FFVIII, it would be more of a sorceress who creates a summon for their knight at some point in the story). I have an infatuation with the summons in the series and they deserve all the attention.
I have a plot for FFVIII that would involve Hyne.
If we do FFX, it would just be the story plot.
I have no plot for FFIX; perhaps we’d tell the story of Alexander’s creation and why/how it was sealed across four objects, making Alexander the Big Bad? Or something else?
I do have an original FF idea. I’m also open to FF ideas involving themes of Zodiacs or Tarot Cards, since Zodiac in particular is used throughout the series and I’m a slut for messing with things like that.
I’m familiar with FF1, 2, Tactics, 4, 7-10, 12-13. I do not like 13. I do not know the MMOs. I have not played 15 and will not be playing it.
The names have differed, so I won’t indicate those. In general, there is the “Father” figure who turned the sister first, back from the Roman era, and then later the brother, from the Victorian era. The brother is unaware of the kinds of chaos and shenanigans they got up to, since they’ve relaxed and chilled as time went on, but the sister tends to have quite a few enemies among her own kind, and so by default, does the brother.
I like to play them in the Modern era, as brought in to deal with either a hunter problem, or an unusual supernatural problem.
The names have differed, but in general, this is similar in some respects to the first idea, but different. In this case, the “father” figure has not chilled out at all, and the brother comes from the Medieval era, while the sister is from the 1950s or so, and more or less adopted into the family.
This plays with the idea that cannibalism/drinking the last drop of blood from a vampire causes the drinker to inherit those powers of the other vampire. Most vampires only have one unusual talent, if that (like all vampires have super agility, super strength, and things like that – but some vampires may be able to manipulate shadows, or use telekinesis, shapeshift, etc.).
This is inspired by a Vampire: the Requiem plot I did once upon a time.
Best in Vampire Hunter D world, but it could be adapted. This is from a world where vampires have ruled, and vampires have fallen. Some vampires remain alive, and rule their lands, but the majority have fallen to human reclamation. Doll – usually under another name – is one such vampire that remains, a “made” vampire rather than a “born” vampire from the Ancient Greek era.
The Werewolf is her first creation, a bodyguard and unholy abomination of mixing and splicing. Doll has a host of these sorts of things guarding her lands, from harpies to sirens, cat-people, and dragons – well she’s still working on a dragon.
The protection of the land is not against other humans, not really – it’s against her old Sire, who is waking to this world where vampires have lost their power, to learn his childe still has land and power.
One of my first characters, a half-siren in a world where sirens were winged rather than finned. She ate a strictly carnivorous diet due to the siren aspect, but had a fascination with plants and healing them. She was very much a healer in this fantasy world, though through her voice she could manipulate elements if she could get the vibrations just right.
She was part of a powerful group so I can likely tone down her powers if necessary, but I’d rather keep it to a high-powered group off to save the world.