Character Application

@Maiza Avaro Your character has been accepted and added to the database. If you see anything that you believe needs to be changed just let me know.

She and Subject Ghost are comically similar in that both have abilities that can only be used to cause maximum mischief if they're running around without clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So two characters accepted so far, @IctoraPost's character is currently rejected waiting on a different ability, and @Gale's character I have chosen to reject.

If your character is accepted please move any chat to the OOC thread unless it pertains to your or another's character.

Name: 
         Grace Montgomery

Female

Appearance:

She stands at 5'2 and has a slender build. Her hazel eyes are big and always curious, and she has strawberry blonde hair that falls in waves all the way to her waist. Her skin is pale, except for her cheeks, which are always painted a faint shade of pink. She has a small tattoo made in colored ink of a flying bird on her right ankle. 

Personality: 

Grace has a gentle voice but a loud mind. She's insightful, witty and opinionated, though she does makes sure to think before she speaks, so as to not cause any trouble. An honor student before the accident, she enjoys reading History and Biology books to pass the time. She is a perfectionist and can become obsessive over little things. She has a short temper but knows to cool down before doing things she might regret. Grace likes order and follows the rules to perfection. After the accident and seeing the effect it had on her, she has become depressed, but she's refusing medical help due to thinking she can "overcome it herself". She does not like loud noises.  

Background:

Born and raised in New York, Grace watched the aftermath of the Shanghai Devastation on television and was as shocked as everybody else. Her family, consisting of her parents and her little brother, Matt, quickly realized that Omega (and, later, Alpha) was not going away soon, so they decided to flee. That proved to be a smart decision, seeing as, a year later, the same tragedy struck New York. Philadelphia was their destination, and they lived in peace for twelve months, before Omega made another appearance, this time hurting the Montgomery family. Grace is almost completely sure her parents died in the initial destruction, but Matt was alive to see Alpha change his body into a human torch. She could only watch as he screamed and begged. He didn't survive. She was eventually rescued, but the ordeal proved to be quite difficult due to her power. The Pandora Team then transported her to the facility, where she has been ever since.  

Subject Zero

Incident Location:

Philadelphia

Power: 

Gravity Negation

Description:

Gravity suffers a gradual decrease near Grace, where her standing point, Point Zero, experiences no g-force acceleration, causing objects and people to be "weightless", floating in the air. The radius of her ability has yet to be tested, but effects seem to start at around five meters away from the subject. She is not affected by it, and does not control it. She can, however, push and move things away until they're not longer troubled by it. She has started to carry a rope around, so as to tie people who are too close to her and keep them down. She has been asked to be careful and move very slowly, seeing as objects and people fall quickly to the ground once they're out of her range. 

Type: 

Matter Manipulation

Danger Level: 

Subject Zero is already taken, do you have another name in mind?

I'm currently imagining some of the younger wards treating the area around her as their personal play area to jump and fly around in.

Oh no, really? :( I spent so much time thinking about it, seeing as I'm really awful with names. Do you have any suggestions?

Haha, that sounds amazing. I bet Grace would just throw them out after a while. 

Name:  Alexander De Leon

Male

Appearance:

He is  a tall teen standing at 6'2, he has a skiny complexion, blue eyes, white hair and his usual attire is a black hoddie with black pants and black sneakers.

He has pale skin and his hair falls below his shoulders, but he always keeps it in a ponytail with a piece of hair falling on his face and covering his right eye.

Personality: 

Alexander is a serious, cold and direct person that prefers to stick his face in a book than talking to etrangers, he is almost emotioless and all he lived for before the accident was studying.  With the people he knows well he is a bit different, he is a happy human being that enjoyes the company of others and even though he becomes less emotionless he keeps his direct and cold traits. H eis extremely sarcarstic and when mad or annoyed can take this trait to God-like levels.

Background:

Alexander was born and raised in Panamá his father worked as the CEO of a multinational and his mother was a teacher at the local University. He was the top kid in his class and always studyied after school. His father went to Beijing 2 days before the Shanghai devastation and when he saw what it happened he went running home, he and Alexander's mother decided to send him to boarding school in  Philadelphia in order to protect him from this threat, as they considered the U.S as a safe country. When the same thing happened in new York both his parents went running to the city just to find a devastated city, what they did'nt knew was that Alexander was alive, 

Subject:

Incident Location: Philadelphia

Power:  Life touch

Description:

Anything he touches purifyies, gets  healed and if inorganic restored.

Type: 

Physical

Danger Level: 

@OverconfidentMagi

@Galen Ardila This is what I told the last one who asked for help finding a power, so it'll help you as well.

The Database section of the RP is a good source for inspiration, at least to see what other kinds of abilities are out there.

So I don't just spit out random powers, how about you tell me some parameters to narrow things down.

How dangerous do you want the ability to be to others?

To its owner?

Do you want it to be something that only affects the character?

Only affect others?

Both?

Have a trigger? (such as touch)

Would you want to be more offensive?

Defensive?

Neither?

What kind of ability would appeal to you? (physical, mental, force, energy, etc.)

The better idea I can get the more likely I can find something you might like.

Oh no, really? :( I spent so much time thinking about it, seeing as I'm really awful with names. Do you have any suggestions?

Haha, that sounds amazing. I bet Grace would just throw them out after a while. 

Zero is a pretty key codename to give something, so it's been taken by an existing NPC survivor in the RP. As for thinking of something that would work... for some reason I'm pulled towards boxing, specifically weight classes. Subject Lightweight? Flyweight? Featherweight? Then again those all sound like something more fitting to Dust, the girl with the inverse power as your character (weightlessness). Hmm, what about Subject Alleviant?

Good luck getting them to leave when they're swimming around in circles above her head. 

Either healing touch or reconstruction, not both. Actually, the ability works as-is. Do you have anything in mind for the Subject code or should I just come up with something for it? Also can you change him to have been from the Philidelphia Incident, I'm simply too lazy to want to backplan all of the repercussions of such a powerful ability having been under Pandora's control for so long before the start of the RP.

The ability does raise another point of conflict though, as it would be able to fully restore Subject Purgatory's physical condition to near-perfect. Hmm...

@Sludgemouth Would you be willing to have your character been from the New York Incident instead of the Philadelphia one? In that case he would have been isolated in the box for a full year before this survivor was recovered with the possibility or healing your dead guy's body.

y'know I was just thinking it was mega convenient that someone with healing powers showed up. I can do that but could you give me an estimate on the time difference between when Purgatory and whom i'm going to refer as "the good doctor" showed up to the new york facility, also how long before (assuming they'd even consider it) Pandora staff decided that it would be a way to repair Purgatory. I want to have a good working grasp on how long things have been/are going to be real bad for Purgatory as I'd like to set him up for kind of a "journey of perdition"

The time between the New York and Philadelphia incidents was 11 months. When or if Pandora would use this new subject's ability on Subject Purgatory would come about after the start of the RP, but it would not be right away I will say.

@Galen Ardila This is what I told the last one who asked for help finding a power, so it'll help you as well.

Zero is a pretty key codename to give something, so it's been taken by an existing NPC survivor in the RP. As for thinking of something that would work... for some reason I'm pulled towards boxing, specifically weight classes. Subject Lightweight? Flyweight? Featherweight? Then again those all sound like something more fitting to Dust, the girl with the inverse power as your character (weightlessness). Hmm, what about Subject Alleviant?

Good luck getting them to leave when they're swimming around in circles above her head. 

what about Icarus? i mean sure he's a male figure but he flew zero G is kind if like flying. also sorry for the double post 

Name: Shelby Powell

Female

Appearance:

She is 5'3" with an average body size; it's not small, has little curves to it, but isn't overweight due to the stress she puts herself under and her eating habits. Shelby has hazel eyes with red hair that lays an inch or two past her shoulders and that's when she doesn't have it up in a bun. Her skin is fair, showing freckles on her cheekbones and other numerous parts of her body and has a piercing on her bottom lip.

Personality: 

Shelby is known for trying to stay optimistic. She is also persistent, self-conscious and quite gullible at times. In the past she had no understanding of personal space but since being in Pandora, it's a necessity in her mind to keep her hands to herself. The redhead has a temper when she gets upset or put under a great deal of stress, and says sorry way too much afterwards.

Background:

Shelby was born and raised in Massachusetts, moved to New York during her high school years for her older sister to have a chance at lower tuition to Juilliard after graduation. Shelby watched the devastation of Shanghai happen while in class and was assured by her father that it wouldn't happen to them, they would be safe. The matter at hand really was is her family couldn't afford to move again anyway, so life went on for them as much as possible. She had just turned 17 a few days before and was going out to meet her friends to have a birthday lunch when it happened. She was trapped near the entrance to a subway station, yelling for help hoping someone would hear her. Pandora eventually was able to get to her, but as soon as she grabbed onto one of them to steady herself, her power showed. For the few seconds they held contact, she started healing herself and the person she touched pulled away with a slice on their arm forming like the one she just had before. She's been isolated with only contact with staff at Pandora since.

Everything below I will be going through and filling out for the character's Database entry, but please enter whatever you think should be there. I will take what you've filled in into consideration filling out their official entry.

Subject Elixir

Incident Location:

New York

Power: 

Healing via touch

Description:

Can heal others or herself via physical contact but in return, the other person receives the injury. After some trials at Pandora with injuries varying from papercuts on others, even Shelby herself, to a non-fatal stab wound of someone they rescued, all results show that Shelby heals the person injured most and the latter takes it until she breaks contact. They haven't tested a near fatal wound with her due to the likelihood of death.

Type: Physical

Danger Level: 

@Liquorice

The ability would need to follow one single rule. If you're using some sort of life force transfer ability it needs to follow a set rule in how it behaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back