Character Application

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is where you'll submit your characters. From there I'll read them over, suggest any revisions or say everything looks good. Once I've accepted the character I will create a thread in the Database forum for them.

What I want from you is:

Name: 

Generally those who survived were young, children and teens, with younger and older subjects being rare.

Do not make this complicated.

Appearance:

I'd very much prefer written descriptions of your characters, but if you must use an image I'd prefer anime over photograph.

Personality: 

Short and sweet, it should come out in your posts so not much need to write an essay.

Background:

I just want a short 1-paragraph summary of who they are and what their life was like before Omega's first appearance (the Shanghai Devastation), and the time since and leading up to Omega suddenly appearing in either New York or Philadelphia, depending on which incident they were involved in. 

Feel free to make any additional sections you think necessary.

Everything below I will be going through and filling out for the character's Database entry, but please enter whatever you think should be there. I will take what you've filled in into consideration filling out their official entry.

Subject _______

A name for the character based on their ability will go there.

Incident Location:

The city they were in when Omega and then Alpha appeared, where they witnessed absolute destruction and gained their power. For your characters this will by either New York or Philadelphia.

Power: 

The most succinct was to describe what the ability is.

Description:

A short entry on what the ability is.

Type: 

Powers are grouped by their effects. Examples of types include: sensory, mental, physical, energy /matter / force manipulation, etc.

Danger Level: 

A value representing the threat a power poses, either to its owner, those surrounding them, or the world. Players will typically range from 1 (non-dangerous, only affects self) to 2 (possibly dangerous, visibly affects surroundings). At level 3 their power poses a danger to self and/or others, and they would not typically be allowed to interact with the other survivors within Pandora. Beyond that are ranks 4 (too dangerous to let live), which are typically killed by the recovery agents on sight, and 5 (power is so volatile that it kills the owner). Its believed that most of the powers granted by Alpha are level 5, and that's why so many people die when it appears. 

If I change or add anything to this I will let you know.

Name: 

Antonia Hernandez Carriedo

Female

Appearance:

(Pre-incident) A small girl with short, somewhat curly brown hair, green eyes, and lightly tanned skin. (Post-incident) An invisible girl, save for her clothing. Her usual attire consists of a green, knee-length A-line dress, a brown, unbuttoned cropped vest, a brown newsboy cap, and brown flats.

Personality: 

Passionate and cheerful, Antonia is known to be a very amiable young girl with quite a few mischievous streaks to her name. She has a tendency to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, in whatever way she wants, being a very "my pace" kind of person. She does take into account the opinions of others, though, even if she never actually follows them. She cannot read the atmosphere, nor does she even try to, and although she always means well, she happens to come off as insensitive and clueless at times. Despite these facts, however, she can be rather insightful and sensible when she wants to be.

Background:

At the time of the Shanghai Devastation, Antonia and her family were living in their home at Spain. Fearful of the time when Alpha and Omega would one day come to Madrid, her family did plenty of moving around, starting off with changing cities, to eventually shifting from country to country, luckily avoiding the two beings with every relocation. It was when they left for Philadelphia when their luck finally run out. They were just unpacking their things when they had appeared, and she was, unfortunately, the only one who survived. The recovery team had a pretty difficult time locating her, due to all the rubble she was buried under along with the fact that she was now invisible, even if her clothing was unaffected, but they had eventually found her and soon after, brought her to Pandora.

Subject Veil

Incident Location:

Philadelphia

Power: 

Invisibility

Description:

The subject's body allows light to simply pass through her, granting her total invisibility from sight and cameras. However, this ability does not affect clothing. During testing, it has been confirmed that all manners of light are unable to affect her, ranging from everyday occurrences such as daylight to something more condensed like a laser. As such, the subject is required to eat Vitamin D rich foods since she can no longer absorb the nutrient through her skin by exposure to sunlight.

Type:

Light

Danger Level: 

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have so far looks good, please fill out the bottom half as well. 

Name: Jordan L. Iscariot

Appearance:

6' 6", 162lbs. (presently). He has a pale complexion and an emaciated build due to a combination of illicit drug use and his "power".

Personality: 

Jordan appears withdrawn and cagey, he speaks only to answer questions from Pandora staff and even then it's brief and provides little amplifying information. It is suspected that he may be suffering from a number of psychological traumas, though this possibility is unclear without further evaluation.

Background:

A New York City native, Jordan typified the concept of life in the slums; penniless, homeless and in the grips of heroin withdrawals he was indeed at his lowest, or so he thought. After the attacks, it was discovered that Jordan could not die, but also could not heal. The inability to heal quickly became problematic as Jordan's body could not recover from withdrawals putting him in an endless state of suffering. It was at this point Jordan had become convinced that he had in fact died and gone to hell. Eventually though things did take a turn for the better as the constant pain, discomfort and nausea had begun to dull itself on his mind. To Jordan it felt like he could finally think straight, as his suffering had slowly began to slacken its grip in him. Presently Jordan resides in the Pandora facility, isolated from others 

Subject: Purgatory 

Incident Location:

New York

Power: 

Deathless/Undying

Description:

Jordan bears the power of undying. No matter the amount of harm done to him he will continue to live, this includes life at the cellular level, meaning he essentially doesn't age either. Despite his apparent immortality, Jordan's body no longer possesses the means to heal itself, as such any damage sustained must be repaired manually, and even then it only a temporary fix, as it stands right now even being immortal, Jordan's days are numbered

Type: 

Physical (?)

Danger Level: 

Lv. 3 

His ability would have immediately appeared following Alpha's appearance in Philadelphia, and he would have to have been alive at the time of its appearance to have been granted the ability. If you want him to have died from some injury or other cause immediately after is your call. Generally immortality powers are given to survivors who were on the brink of death when Alpha appeared. As such he would not have been dead when the recovery team found him, as they would not have recovered a corpse in the first place. Exposure to Alpha only affects the living, not the dead, and there are countless corpses after Omega's swept through a place.

I also recommend you don't have your character decay, as that would make actually using him over time incredibly unpleasant for you. He'll be falling apart eventually just from accumulated wear and injury anyway, no need to accelerate the process.

well crap, i had liked the idea of him waking up as the pandora coroners were cutting on him. Also the gray hair and whatnot were purely for appearance's sake, i can rev that out if you'd like

That's fine then. Subject Medusa would have been able to identify him as a survivor in that case and have the recovery team take him. It appears you're going with the character not feeling any pain? Otherwise his ability would take a much different tone and mean he would have to be paranoid about avoiding any injury at all less it cause endless pain that would never fade, as his body would never heal so much as a small cut.

so, since were on the subject. Does he need to breathe, or eat? Also stitching him back together seems to be a good enough fix for him as you had explained earlier. Him being unable to heal would imply a complete lack of metabolic process. It seems to me the best balance for unable to heal would be becoming effectively a kind of fleshy robot...thing

He wouldn't need to eat as he couldn't die of starvation, or thirst for that matter, but he would still feel hunger and not eating would still cause him to suffer as if he was dying of starvation, simply without the dying.  He would not need to breath for about the same reason, suffocation would not kill him, but it would be incredibly uncomfortable for him to give up breathing outright, as well as the action being such an ingrained habit from being alive.

The stitching together would have to be more involved than simply sewing his arm back on. It would mean securing the bone, reattaching the muscle, and then closing the skin back together. The best analogy I can come up with would by a broken shoelace. You can tie it back together and it'll be usable again, but there will be a knot where it snapped that will never go away, and after enough breaks there would be nothing left of the lace but knots. Similarly, repairing his undying body would never be a perfect thing, and the quality would degrade.

Just need you to clarify if you want him to decay or not, and if he feels pain or not and I think that'll be enough to put together his official entry.

Name:

Walter Mudel

Male

Appearance:

Pre-incident: A short-ish boy with light brown hair, green eyes and long fingers, usually seen wearing a light grey hoodie and leather brown jeans. He used a wheelchair as he was paralyzed from the waist down.

Post-incident: The lower half of his body is a featureless blob of sticky liquid of various shades of brown, ranging through cocoa brown, mud brown and chocolate brown, among others. His skin is pasty, slimy-looking and drippy, almost as if it were falling off his body. Overall, his body posture can be described as "slack".

Personality:

A short-ish and sweet-looking kid, Walter was quite popular among his relatives. He helped out with chores, did his homework and was an all-round nice guy. However, what made him stand out the most was the fact that he was in a wheelchair. He didn’t like standing out. In fact, he regularly went out of his way to avoid people, developing a dislike of crowds as time went on. Unfortunately, he didn’t, and doesn’t, have much of a tendency to rebel against authority, so, if told to, he’d have no choice but to interact with others. He keeps to himself most of the time and follows rules obediently.

Background:

When Omega started doing its thing, Walter and his family were understandably a bit nervous. He was living in Philadelphia at the time, and his parents considered moving. Ultimately, they decided that it was pointless, as Omega’s appearances seemed random enough that any place they ran to would be as likely to be targeted as where they were now. A while later, Philadelphia was destroyed and his family killed. Walter managed to survive, but was partially liquefied as a result, sticking very tightly to the ground. The Pandora rescue team stuck him, and the chunk of earth he was sitting on, into a helicopter and transported him to their facility.

Subject Slime

Incident Location:

Philadelphia

Power:

Partially Liquified

Description:

The lower half of Subject Slime's body has been liquified and turned into a blob. He cannot move using it as it is made of an extremely sticky substance. To be moved, he must be scraped off the ground using non-stick tools, put onto a wheelchair and wheeled to the desired location.

Type:

Physical

Danger Level:

In this particular case full liquidation would kill the subject, as their body is no longer capable of supporting life. It is a danger level 5 ability that kills its owner. Another key issue is the bit about "move at his will". The owners will does not affect their ability in any way, as the powers are passive.

Name:  Logan James

Appearance:

He has grey hair, gray eyes and a really pale skin, he is a tall teen standing at 6'0 but he has a skinny complexion. He usually uses a long black robe with a hood and under it black pants and a black t-shirt

Personality:

Logan is cold almost emotionless and extremely closed to the world he rather stay inside a book that talking to people, and when mad he becomes a cruel heartless demon (aspect he'll like to improve).  He is extremely intelligent, perseptive and very analytic, he is a great leader but prefers not to take on that role because of his anger. He is very empathic and humane and despite being cold and distant he is able to understand people's feelings.

Background: Logan was born and raised in Philadelphia, he was born with a genius intellect and was the best student of his school. He seemed life as a book filled with blank pages waiting to be filled. During the attacks both of his parents died and Logan was left dvastated, he still did not unterstand how he was alive and he decided to walk the city to look for more survivors. When he was walking trough a fallen building he saw a wounded man, running Logan approached to him, a green light started to go around him and the wounded man misteriously was healed and walking. Logan started running and wondered if he cured the man. He then realized that the green light was around of him all the time, when it was not curing anybody it semed to be faint but it was there. He realized that now he had a special ability to cure. Presently Logan lives at the Pandora head quarers and he wishes to understand the origin of his powers.

Everything below I will be going through and filling out for the character's Database entry, but please enter whatever you think should be there. I will take what you've filled in into consideration filling out their official entry.

Subject  

A name for the character based on their ability will go there.

Incident Location:

Philadelphia

Power: Healing aura

Description: He heals anything that comes near him

Type:  Matter manipulation

Danger Level: 

Level 1

The ability needs to be changed. He can only have a single power, and it cannot be something he has any control over. Abilities must be passive, always-on, and do not respond to the users will at all. This means he cannot be manipulating anything as he wishes.

Try thinking smaller scale for a power , as more powerful abilities are generally quite hazardous for their owner.

@OverconfidentMagi so i've made further revisions to my character application, first: stating specifically that he undergoes no cellular death (a.k.a no decay), and second: i provides "lore" that discusses the fact that he can feel pain, but due to having felt it continuously and with significant intensity, he is beginning to loose sensitivity to it. 

As the RP begins shortly after the Philadelphia Incident he would not have had time to become accustomed to the pain yet, and he would only have the damage from how he died (assuming he was removed by Pandora agents and didn't attempt to move through the rubble himself).

there's also being stuck in permanent heroin withdrawals, which is physical as well as mental 

I didn't consider that, it looks like he'll be busy in his own personal hell for quite a while. So what is his actual cause of death going to be?

i had removed that, i figure they'd find him just wandering around dazed, with a peice of building in him, too shocked to realize it at first.

It is still too controlled, and can only do one thing. Variations of that ability that would work include: 

Healing in an area around him

Healing by touch

Repairing damage by touch

Disintegrating inorganic matter by touch

Disintegrating inorganic matter in an area around him

Sickness or weakness by touch or in an area around him

Disintegrating organic matter by touch would not work as it would make it impossible for the subject to eat and would lead to death by starvation.

@Sludgemouth Your character has been accepted and added to the database. If you see anything that you believe needs to be changed just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back