• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Twelve: Loviatar's Icy Laughter! (Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreleth nods. "I agree that we should be on our way sooner rather than later. We know that there are goblins down here, so we should proceed with caution. There was at least one figure that offered up a challenge to us when we were at the dragon bone bridge. I would have to lay a guess that it was another goblin, but if we are not careful, we will trigger an alarm and have an untold number of them come charging out of who knows where."

Luna looks over at the elf. "Well, with that bow of yours, you should be able to eliminate any lookouts before they can run off and warn their friends of our presence. We can then make our way across the bridge, and see where these tunnels lead us."

.:| Nivirea - The Sorceress |:.

The girl looked no happier at the prospect of moving on than she did when faced with the difficulty of solving the problem. Once again it seemed as if she might start to cry, but eventually she let out a long, exasperated breath and got herself together. Even if only temporarily.

"Luna? I... I'm sorry I threw your book on the ground. Could I have it back? It looks like I might need it for a while longer..."

The apology came out a little forced at first, but ended up sounding genuine.

Luna brushes off a bit of dust from the book as she holds it for a moment longer, then nods. "Yes. Here you go. Just remember that until you are back to being yourself, this book is your only link to magical power. It is very important, not only to you as a wizard, but to me for all the knowledge it contains. Besides, I'll be needing that book back soon enough!" She hands it over, doing her best to be optimistic despite the fact that she is dying inside, being eaten up with jealousy that the others are back to their own bodies and the two of them are not.

"Lets go, guys. The Mistress of Pain will not be thwarted by us sitting here on our laurels."

Bren shook his head in genuine regret as nothing they did seemed to have any effect. "Not happy thoughts, but very you thoughts, if that makes sense. Either we aren't doing it correctly, or that's not the key. I'm sorry, Nivirea. We'll have to keep working on it." He patted her shoulder and turned to look at the others. "Perhaps it will be best if we focus on other things for the moment. We're still trapped here, after all, and the fire isn't getting any brighter. Now that we're all of our right minds, at least, if not of our proper bodies, shall we see about this Dead Dragon Bridge and its challenge? It would seem that's the next logical step in our journey."

"I agree, Lord Bren," Healer Bria used his title as if to show her respect of his wisdom. "To stay here will be our doom. Our salvation, whatever it may be, lies ahead of us." Bria knelt down on the tunnel floor and reached for Oscar, her arms held out in silent offer. Oscar acknowledged her and approached, climbing up into her arms and around her until he was sitting on her backpack, looking over her shoulder. His little black eyes examined the corpses of the goblins.

He was about to speak, when suddenly, the wind roared outside. A wall of white snow tossed to and fro, howling all the while, as unnatural and fearsome as a dark wizard's spell. In the blink of an eye, that black wind came barrelling down the tunnel and at you! The goblin and young warg corpses fidgeted and flapped as if alive. Their weapons and belongings scattered across the stone floor, skidding this way and that. Your clothes and hair tossed about as if it had life of its own.

"Haaa ha ha haaa!!" Mad female laughter came from outside, mocking and delighted and altogether invisible and unreachable. The longer you heard it, the harder it became to concentrate, especially for Luna.

As the black wind shot through the tunnel and in that instant, the campfire went out and as its fire died, all was bathed in cold, lifestealing darkness. All, that is, except the gleaming of a single flame, a sole source of heat and light that, thought tossed and embattled, refused to ebb. It was the Sunfire Blade in Otiorin's hand. It was now the only source of radiance in a shadowy field of darkness, for the Moonlit Edge's glow seemed muffled as if a cloak had been thrown over it.

The black wind shrieked and increased, threatening to bowl you over, perhaps to reverse its course and suck each one of you outside into the wintry night!

There was only one thing to do.

"Run for it!" Oscar shouted. "The magic of the Maiden of Pain is upon us!"

(Hey Gang! This concludes Chapter Twelve: Loviatar's Icy Laughter! Follow this link to the next chapter in our story, Chapter Thirteen: Hearts and Darkness!)

Sunfire Blade Pinterest.jpg
(Image credit: Pinterest)
GAME DETAILS Location: In the Red Cave.
Mode: Exploration
Click Blue Box for Ambiance =)
"Snow Blizzard Cave Ambiance" by Ye Olde Ambiance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back