• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Sixteen: On the Road Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna will go ahead and rise, pulling her bare feet from the pool and walking over to the door with curiosity building up inside her. Not expecting any trouble here in the city, she goes ahead and opens up the door. "Yes? Can I help you?"
A small, fidgety creature peeks his head in and you immediately recognize Nitwit the Kobold. His shortbow over his shoulder and spear in hand, the red-scaled draconian takes a few timid steps in, aporoaching Luna the moment he sees her.

His squeaky unconfident voice carries through the Grand Pool instantly alerting the party of the race and identity of your new visitor.

"Hayuhhh... Miz Luna, wazn't it? Hai everybody!" Nitwit waves up to all of you!

"Heya shrimp!" Powerpaw waves back along with Mamapaw and Bria.

Nitwit begins to pantomime, his little hands and claws forming imaginary pictures.

"Hai again! I got a message froms a... Mister Oscar of Highwind? You know, uh, small, furry, sagey guy? He told me to tell you that there were a buncha armory, ugly boulderheads led by somethin' bigger? Comin' down from the north toward our village? Somethin' about 'time being of the 'incense?' Uhh, or maybe was it 'sextants?' An' I waz wonderin'-- Ooooh!"

Nitwit's tiny eyes seemed to grow in size as he gets a good look the majesty of the Grand Pool room. "Did you guys build alla this? Wooow!" The kobold gawks. "You could fit my whole tribe in here!"

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Ack! I almost forgot to tag Cap'n!)

Kaerri-by-peritwinkle-sm.png

Art by Peritwinkle
Character sheet
Hit Points: 99/99
Armor Class: 27
Touch Armor Class: 17
Shadow Illusion: 3/3
Shadow Call: 2/2
Shadow Jump distance: 80/80 feet
Defensive Roll: 1/1
Rogue Talent Resiliency: 1/1
Stinger -- uses of Slow remaining: 3/3
Charm of Bastet -- uses of Cat's Grace remaining: 1/1
Action Points: 14

Kaerri reaches for a towel, then her socks and boots. "That sounds like our cue," she noted. "Essence of time and all. We driving, or walking?" she asks Oreleth. Turning to the kobold, she adds, "How far's your village, Nitwit?"

Her eyes sparkle as she hears the kobold's comment about his whole tribe fitting in the pool room. Wouldn't that be a sight!

Oreleth lets out a small sigh. No rest for the weary, I suppose. Time to get back to work. She stands and tries to picture the maps of the area to get an idea of just how far it is from here to Nitwit's home. "We will take the wagon. With the magical automations pulling us, we will get there in no time. Let us all prepare to depart." Turning to the kobold, she says, "Do not worry, my small friend. We will do what we can to aid your people, and woe to those that stand in our way."

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Nitwit raises his spear in his skinny arms and sings. "Ohhh, hooray and hooray agaaain!" Nitwit calls out to Otiorin, half-singing as he dances in place. "You hear that, Oh great Brood-of-Charmsring? Oh hooray!"

Mamapaw rises and stretches, her tall muscular limbs straining to the high ceiling. "I will inform Stewart!" And off she goes to do just that.

Nitwit scampers up to Oreleth in perhaps a way that makes the wood elf feel very tall. Then Oreleth sees that the diminutive fellow is on his knees, praising her. "Ohhh, great woodsy elf of the woods! You won't regret thisss! Rilly, you won't! For I am a greeeaaat scout and I'll find alla them things that don't seem to... Hay! Whuzzat?"

Nitwit finally gets a good look at the easy-to-miss Kaerri now that Wave the Trident has ceased in his grand glowing. Pointing his spear at her, Nitwit approaches cautiously, apparently oblivious to Kaerri's relaxed demeanor. "Hay you! You wazn't with da Wayward Wanderers before, wuz you? You belong here? Who're you an' what're you doin' here, huh?" Next to Wave, Nitwit's spear may as well be a forgotten forest twig, but at least the end of it is sharp.

Stewart and Mamapaw return and ask Oreleth. Stewart asks, "When shall we depart, ma'am? Once we leave Highwind, I imagine we will not return for some time."

Psychie Psychie This is a Party Leader thing I do. Since Oreleth is in charge, it is completely up to you settle if the Wayward Wanderers have anything else to do in Highwind prior to departure. A point of no return - or rather, not returning anytime soon in Real Time, if you will.

Kaerri-by-peritwinkle-sm.png

Art by Peritwinkle
Character sheet
Hit Points: 99/99
Armor Class: 27
Touch Armor Class: 17
Shadow Illusion: 3/3
Shadow Call: 2/2
Shadow Jump distance: 80/80 feet
Defensive Roll: 1/1
Rogue Talent Resiliency: 1/1
Stinger -- uses of Slow remaining: 3/3
Charm of Bastet -- uses of Cat's Grace remaining: 1/1
Action Points: 14
"Well, we've done the shopping," Kaerri points out. "So unless there's something you guys need to take care of first, I'd say we're ready to go anytime. Assuming Stewart, Beatrice, and Auri are also good to go?" she adds with a glance at Stewart.

Then she returns her attention to the oncoming Nitwit. "Nope, I wasn't here before, but I saw you at the Adventurers' Guild the other night," she replies. "Yeah, I belong here -- now, at least -- since they've accepted me as one of them. As of that night, actually. Kaerri Rainshadow, Shadowdancer and follower of Poseidon. As is the trident here, so if you plan on sticking with Charmsring, leave it be." Even after she finishes putting on socks and boots, and tying her bootlaces, she stays seated, knowing she can be on her feet at a moment's notice if need be, and not wanting to loom over the kobold until he's settled down a bit. She keeps her posture and voice relaxed, but her eyes are sharp and serious as she delivers that last sentence.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag.

As only Elmer Bernstein of the Heavy Metal score can provide it! =)
"Elmer Bernstein - Complete Heavy Metal Score - 09 - Getting Bombed.wmv"

(Dungeon Master note in spoiler)
Given that most of the PCs said they were ready to adventure, I'll waste no more time here in dallying. Party Leader Oreleth gives the order and action is the result!

Bria runs to the front door and opens it wide. "Time to go! We're leaving Highwind! Who's going to fly the jade hippogriffs this time?"

Powerpaw runs in front of the door and blocks it with his big, furry body. "Oh no! NOT LUNA! Dis Kitty-face ain't chancin' eatin' another building like last time!"

"Oh, get out of my way!" Mamapaw stomps forward towards her son who does not dare bar her way, especially in Druidic matters for which the motivated Felane is well-prepared. "I'll show all of you how to handle beasts - even if they are made of jade stone and are kind of like golems really and... well, as long as they behave as trained flying creatures ought to!" With that, Mamapaw loses her fierceness and soothingly speaks to the four Figurines of Wondrous Power who pull the Wayward Wagon be it along city streets or into the clouds. It doesn't take long for the nature-loving Druidess to treat the quartet of hippogriffs as if they were creatures of flesh, bone, and beastly spirit. In but moments, she has them flapping their wings in readiness as surely as Luna could recite an Evocation spell from her own spellbook!

"Beauteous Bastet be praised! They answer me and answer well!" Mamapaw cheers from the driver's seat. Using clever movements of the reins and shouts of her voice, she urges the gifts from King Wildegard of Highwind on - and on they move! Never before has the Wayward Wagon lurched forward thus and been pulled along as if by the strength of titans! With each passing moment, the hippogriffs race down Arneson Alley and then, you see them! Gathered all along the sides of the streets are Highwindians! Humans and gnomes, wemics and hobbits, centaurs and minotaurs - most of them well-dressed and shouting praises your way as you pass them! It appears as if Stewart and Beatrice's neighbors have spread the word and the people of Highwind have waited for this very moment! The street is clear and there are cheers for good fortune, flowers for luck, and even the occasional basket of edible goodies tossed your way as the Wayward Wagon builds up speed down the street! You even see a pair of priestly fellows making holy gestures as you pass!

Then the moment comes when each and every one of you feel that feeling - your stomach and your throat both know - you have left the ground! You are no longer attached to it but are now airborne without having to look outside! This you know because the door to the Wayward Wagon is opened wide and anyone inside or out cannot help but feel the sensation of controlled flight!

"Great Saint's blessings!" Lady Beatrice cries out and grips Stewart's arm. "We are taking to the sky!"

Auri more in amazement than fear turns his turtle-head to Stewart the sage. "Well, what do we do?"

"The only thing we can do when the Wayward Wanderers go forth to adventure!" shouts Stewart the sage with great confidence in his voice. "We hang on and enjoy the ride!"

See you in Chapter Seventeen: Taking the Fight to Loviatar!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back