• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Seventeen: Taking the Fight to Loviatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Tag!)

Twice more Luna reaches into the heights of her Wizardly skill and training. Years of practice and sacrifice and encouragement from her family, especially her father, combine into one of Sharseya's most-deadliest and ancient of magics - the transformation of something into virtually nothing all in a single instant! These are the kinds of sorceries that created tales that make the imaginations of children - perhaps one young Luna among them - dance as masterful storytellers whisk them away on enchanting adventures often with some magic-user that everyone respected, and even held in awe, for these were not the acts of normal mortals but instead, fairy-tale beings who could shape the very fabric of history!

Twice more, the newly-forged steel cannot stand against Luna's magical might. How her fellow wizards, sorcerers, and bards in Boccob's "Knowledge College" would gasp and gossip if they could see this!

After the second disintegration, Powerpaw is doing his "Kitty-face happy dance," bouncing from one foot to the other causing his mail to jingle and his gear to sway back and forth under his savage, smiling face. "Aw, dat wuz great, Luna-face! You kin blast anyting outta our way! Do it agin!" And when she does, Powerpaw raises his arms and lets out a whoop into the forested night sky. "Mom! Didya see dat?!"

Mamapaw's red leather armor creaks slightly as she leans over the burning ash. "How could I have missed it?" To Luna, she adds, "This seems to me the very pinnacle of Pyromancy, is it not? There is nothing left to burn!" But Luna knows that there are even greater plateaus and greater magical mountains to climb.

Bria sits smiling softly at the display. "It is really nice to return to these levels of ability." The peaceful healer remarks with a happy sigh and looks wistfully out into Shandra's Evergreen, the cool wind blowing through her hair and yours.

Just then, the door to the Wayward Wagon creaks open and there you see a tall, silver-haired man wearing a fine doublet of silver and black with matching trousers. From the light of the Grand Pool illuminating him, Alisa can see a Knight of Highwind medallion clasped proudly around his neck - a clear cousin of Kaerri's. From the doorway, the man beckons and bellows in a friendly manner befitting more an uncle than a butler, "Are you going to stay out here all night and catch cold? Beatrice, Auri, and I would retire soon to the warmth of our rooms! At least come back in and sup before bed, you young... adventurers!"

This time, Mamapaw is the one to inform the newcomer. "Lady Paladin," she towers over Alisa without trying to loom over her, "Alisa, isn't it? That is Stewart and he serves as the Steward of the Wayward Wagon. Auri is a old and wise fellow from the land where the Ko monks came from before they reached Averlund and..." she scratches her head with a claw, "Lady Beatrice is... Stewart's wife?" Mamapaw looks to Stewart but he has vanished and closed the front door to the wagon before he invites a cold. Mamapaw looks around at her fellow Wayward Wanderers. "Stewart and Beatrice are married, aren't they?"

From her sitting position, Bria reaches a hand up to Otiorin. "Aren't they?" she answers. "Well, if they're not, they still seem life-bonded to me!"

Mamapaw looks to Oreleth and then to the front door. "If they aren't, they should be!" she openly frets. "You only have so much time to spend in the world, you know!"

In a sudden twist of emotion, Powerpaw stomps his foot. "Iz we goin' inside or not?" Then just as swiftly, he becomes enamored with the three piles of burning dust being slowly carried aloft by the chilly breeze. In a much softer tone, the warrior purrs to no one in particular. "Oooh! Be nice ta Loviatar turned inta one'a dese, wouldn't it? Hehehehe!"

"Nice work, Luna!" Kaerri cheers from her observation post atop the wagon. "There's some evil that won't be bothering anyone again. Er, it won't, will it?" she asks, turning towards Alisa. "It's not evil dust or anything, right?"

When everyone starts heading for the door, the shadowdancer slides down from the roof and follows, but then smacks her forehead. "Hang on, I forgot!" She dashes to a certain corner of the pool room, snatches up a certain bagful of squirmy things, and takes it outside, dumping the contents more or less gently under a bush. She shakes the empty bag several times and peers inside to make sure all the worms and as much dirt (or whatever) as possible are all out, then returns inside the wagon.

At the question regarding Stewart and Beatrice's precise legal relationship, Kaerri just shrugs. "They're together, and gonna stay that way, is how I read it," she contributes. "Call her his lady, I guess? I think that's how he introduced her to us. Also 'love of his life' but that's a little cumbersome for casual conversational reference."

Otiorin Taletreader

Oti watched Luna's activities with genuine respect. To be able to remove such dangerous weapons permanently from the hands of those who would use them for evil purposes was nothing short of exceptional. And the apparent ease with which she achieved it? Simply incredible. He thought about his own magical powers, a gift of his dragon-descended lineage, and wondered what great feats he would be capable of one day.

WIth the first three swords destroyed, he turned to listen to the earnest conversation regarding his dear friend Stewart's and his lady-love Beatrice's marital status. Bria's question rose to his ears and he could not help but gently caress the side of her face.
"Life-bonded, married, living an enduring love together. It's all the same thing. Only one of them is sanctified by a cleric of the gods and is legally binding. I don't think it really matters."

This time, Mamapaw is the one to inform the newcomer. "Lady Paladin," she towers over Alisa without trying to loom over her, "Alisa, isn't it? That is Stewart and he serves as the Steward of the Wayward Wagon. Auri is a old and wise fellow from the land where the Ko monks came from before they reached Averlund and..." she scratches her head with a claw, "Lady Beatrice is... Stewart's wife?" Mamapaw looks to Stewart but he has vanished and closed the front door to the wagon before he invites a cold. Mamapaw looks around at her fellow Wayward Wanderers. "Stewart and Beatrice are married, aren't they?"
"It is Alisa." replied the paladin, before she turned to Stewart and Beatrice. "Nice to meet you both."

"Nice work, Luna!" Kaerri cheers from her observation post atop the wagon. "There's some evil that won't be bothering anyone again. Er, it won't, will it?" she asks, turning towards Alisa. "It's not evil dust or anything, right?"

"I should hope not. But I can certainly check." answered Alisa, moving to inspect the piles of metal sand that had once been greatswords.
Remind me again what the rules are for using Detect Evil here, please?

EDIT: It only took me two whole days to notice I had posted this in IC instead of OOC! Moving this to Post #304 in Adventurers' Table!

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Tag!

Alisa reaches inside of herself and calls upon her supernatural ability to sense the presence of the diabolical (perhaps to ask Mielikki herself to see things as they are, perhaps going about it some other way - only her Player knows for sure!). With her fullest focus, substantial training, and patience, she takes the necessary time to sense not what should be or what ought to be, but most importantly - what is.

The dust is merely dust now. Where once was an enormous steely two-handed blade made to destroy Goodness, there is now not the slightest hint of evil there now. The dust is merely dust - Luna's Wizardly power is proof enough to have blasted not only the steel but that which made it so unholy. Alisa can bet her bow on this.

All this while, Bria of the Ko silently watches Alisa performing her duty for Mielikki. Her admiration is visible both in her soft voice and her smile for Alisa. "Wow. If there is one thing I like about Paladins, it's your power to to find evil - especially when it doesn't want to be found!"

Alisa turned and smiled at Bria.

"Mielikki blessed me with the power to do her works, what more can I say?" she replied. "And don't worry. There's no evil there, not anymore, anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back