• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Seventeen: Taking the Fight to Loviatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna's eyes widen as she both reads the book and hears Sparkle's explanation on what is happening. "Oh, my! I will need to confirm my suspicions, but I strongly suspect that what we have here is a Potion of Shapeshifting! A very rare, powerful and expensive spell to cast, and it has been distilled down to a single use potion! It is one of the highest-level spells out there, and is quite potent. I wonder if the ogres had any idea what they had in their possession."

"The good news is, if I am correct in this, the effect is only temporary, and you will not be so colorful for longer than a few hours at the top end. Give me a moment, and I will confirm my suspicions." She spends a moment to clear her mind, then begins to cast her cantrip of Detect Magic on the bottle.
Level: 13
Class: Wizard
Hit Points: 74 +1d6
Action Points: 11 / 10
Diamond of Fate: 1

Armor Class: 18 - 24 Mage Armor II. +2 from Ring of Force Shield
Touch AC: 14 Flat Footed: 22

Initiative Bonus: 2
Fortitude Save: +6
Reflex Save: +7
Will Save: +16

Base Attack: +6 / +1
Melee: +4 / -1
Ranged: +8 / +3

Mage Armor II and Protection From Arrows active; duration of 13 hours

Spells memorized:
Cantrips (4): Mage Hand, Light, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1 (7): Magic Missile x4, Shield x2, Unseen Servant
2 (7): Web x2, Protection From Arrows, Glitterdust x2, Scorching Ray
3 (6): Haste x2, Fireball x2, Slow, Lightning Bolt
4 (5): Empowered Scorching Ray x3, Ball Lightning
5 (5): Cone of Cold x3, Empowered Fireball x2
6 (4): Chain Lightning, Maximized Lightning Bolt x2
7 (2): Prismatic Spray, Mage Sword

+7 damage to all Evoker spells

Oreleth is not nearly as skilled in the ways of magic as Luna, but even she has heard of the Shapeshift spell and the wonders that can be done with it. Her eyes go wide as she lets out a low whistle. "Wow. A Shapeshift potion? If you are right, that is truly a wondrous item to have on hand. Do we have a flask or vial that we can transfer the contents to, safely and without wasting or using the potion, to keep it from breaking the rest of the way and losing the potion all together?"
Attacks per Round:
1st - Manyshot (firing two arrows). "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 2d8+12 (+6 Base damage).
2nd - Improved Vital Strike. "To Hit:" +13 (+15 Second Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 3d8+6 (Improved Vital Strike, +6 Base damage).
3rd - Normal Attack. "To Hit:" +8 (+10 Third Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6
4th - Rapid Shot Bonus Attack. "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6
+1d6 per arrow of either Cold, Fire or Electrical from Arcane Archer class.

Hit Points: 91 +d10 per level
Action Points: 11 / 11
Bonus Action Point: 1 / 1
Armor Class: 24
CMD: 26

Fort Save: +9
Reflex Save: +13
Will Save: +6 (+11 vs Fear)
Perception: +15

Spells Memorized
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost, Message
1: Shield x2, Shocking Grasp x2, Burning Hands
2: Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust x2, Web
3: Fireball x2
+3 damage to Evoker spells.

Earlier...
"They..." Bria sniffs, "...slice more deeply... when used against creatures of goodly nature... like... us." She indicates everyone in the room. (DM notes: 6 Large-sized greatswords +1/+3 vs. Good-aligned creatures. Does an additional d6 magic damage against Good-aligned creatures with every successful strike.)
"Oof. Glad we weren't hit by those." Kaerri shakes her head. "Mental note: don't get hit by that. Well, unless someone's got a better idea, I'd say take it back to Ben. He'll likely know how to melt the things down and make something Good from the slag."

"I recognize this imprint! This is one of Henrietta's Hallowed Hairpins from the market square, except this one is...
probably Oti's age?" She winks at her handsome half-elf. She reaches over and holds it up. It is a delicate and shiny Highwindian hairpin carved from white wood in an old wooden case at least 50 years in age (value 1 g.p.).
Kaerri's ears perk up. "I'd quite like it, if y'all don't mind. Do you have a system already for party loot, or just divvy as people speak up, or what?" She grins. "I'll put it to good use, promise!"

Now...
Her half-elven skin, hair, and eyes begin to slowly shift from color to color as of traveling down the cascading colors of the rainbow! Shade after shade, bright pink into sunny yellow, fireball-orange into cherry red into grape purple and so on, the colors change from moment to moment as if undecided where they will stop - if indeed they do!

Kaerri's ever-faithful trident chooses that moment to glow brightly in green and shining gold. The smell of salt water fills the air around you as a deep voice, rolling like the sea, states in a chiding tone.

"Well done, my wielder!" congratulates the weapon with no small amount of salt. His tone is like that of an old friend teasing another - full of amusement and yet lightly tinged with the relief that Kaerri is not suffering from any serious harm.
Kaerri's eyeroll and long-suffering "Thaaanks," appear to be a reflexive reaction; as if she and her trident had had moments like this before. She holds out her hands, then turns them over, shaking her head over the ever-changing colors.

"Oh dear, Kaerri! I'm not sure if we should call you 'Rainshadow' or 'Rainbow' now?", he chuckled, indicating she might wish to glance at her appearance in the mirrored surface of the pool.
That earns her fellow half-elf a "Thaanks" of his own, but with a wink instead of an eyeroll. She does indeed lean over the pool to check out her reflection. Her once-brown eyes widen in unaccustomed shock as she realizes the rainbow is in eyes and hair as well as skin. "Well," she says finally, "at least it's not boring." Oddly, her first question is not how long will this last? She stares at her reflection longer. "I wonder if I can still hide like this?"

"The good news is, if I am correct in this, the effect is only temporary, and you will not be so colorful for longer than a few hours at the top end.
"Shapeshifting, huh? Shame I can't control it. Or -- can I?" With that, she made the deliberate attempt to stop the colors at sea-blue.

Do we have a flask or vial that we can transfer the contents to, safely and without wasting or using the potion, to keep it from breaking the rest of the way and losing the potion all together?"
Still looking at her reflection, Kaerri volunteers, "I've got a couple empty oil flasks in my backpack. We'd want to rinse them out first, though."

Last edited:
(Part 1 of 2)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Tag!

Alisa gave a little involuntary shudder when she heard that tidbit, before looking at the greatswords as though they were poisonous serpents. She focused her Mielikki-gifted senses upon them, wondering what she'd find.
If you don't mind, I would like to take a small time-saving liberty with Alisa's use of Detect Evil. In tabletop games, I ask users of such abilities how long they choose to examine an item. By the time a PC is 13th level, unless something is time-sensitive, it is always a good idea to examine for all 3 Rounds. Given your situation, I would have her do so here instead of my asking you and waiting for reply and so forth.

Of course, if you do happen to have a problem with this, I can always rewrite! =)

Lady Paladin Alisa is intimately-familiar with her goddess-granted ability to Detect Evil at will, having known its blessing since the earliest days of her knighthood. As with the Detect Magic orison, Alisa knows that to get the most benefit from the spell, one must focus on the target of the orison for a number of moments (as opposed to learning all instantaneously as is often the case with true spells). It has happened more than once in her tenure as a Paladin that Evil has hidden its ugly aura under the deepest of shrouds, inside the nearly-unfindable corners of darkest shadows, but it lies there nonetheless. Waiting.

This is indeed the case as Alisa focuses herself for the duration of the ability when it is at its strongest. During the first few moments, the swords and steel are as quiet as mundane weapons of the same type. Then a few more moments pass and Alisa travels the bridge between impatience and patience to fully make use of her ability.

And there she finds it!

Alisa sees with her own eyes the faintest of milky-black tendrils inside the steel itself, cunningly buried and hidden away from only the most patient, the most powerful, and the most perceptive. Whomever took the time to forge these unusual greatswords also took the pains to prevent detection. The weapons are indeed as evil as the ogres themselves!

"Oof. Glad we weren't hit by those." Kaerri shakes her head. "Mental note: don't get hit by that. Well, unless someone's got a better idea, I'd say take it back to Ben. He'll likely know how to melt the things down and make something Good from the slag."
Alisa has known of Highwind's most celebrated smithy, Ben & Misha's Magic Shoppe, for years. Ben the Giant and his equally-large beloved Misha are a happy but cautious pair that only sell their fantastic wares to the worthy - and by that, those who would be heroes of Highwind and have acted in that direction. Kaerri "now Rain-bow-shadow" is, as far as Alisa knows, bullseye-true in that there is no better person in all of Highwind to turn these blades.

However, unlike the intrepid Rogue, Lady Paladin Alisa is 100% certain that because of the magical infection of evil - very likely added into the blades during the forging process - that these particular blades will never be useful in the hands of the forces of Good. In Mielikki's teachings, Alisa knows what Her clergy would do - they would set the steel upon Hallowed ground (meaning holy ground be it permanent or temporary via the Hallow spell) and melt it back into the Sharseyan soil.

Because Alisa is now aware of this, she is also aware that to sell, trade, or otherwise part with these evil weapons - while not specifically against her Paladin code - is no action any member of Her clergy would be proud of to say the least!

(Part 2 of 2)
She spends a moment to clear her mind, then begins to cast her cantrip of Detect Magic on the bottle.
Luna's Detect Magic cantrip comes as naturally to her as Alisa's Detect Evil ability and for like reasons - when you have practiced something enough times, you sometimes have to tell yourself not to do it. =)

Sure enough, after examining the potion to the fullest, Luna is convinced that this is indeed a potion of Shapechange! How long does it last? She has no idea. Since she is no Transmuter and does not have the spell itself, she can only guess at what it can do beyond that of the Polymorph-family of spells!

* * *​
Kaerri's ears perk up. "I'd quite like it, if y'all don't mind. Do you have a system already for party loot, or just divvy as people speak up, or what?" She grins. "I'll put it to good use, promise!"
Bria shakes her head causing her long brown hair to shimmy. "Fine by me!" The Ko monks have a reputation for not being fashion-minded with Bria being a rare exception.

Powerpaw pipes up. "Hey! Yer gonna use dat ta stab bad undead guyz, right?" Careful not to disturb Bria, Powerpaw rises and strides in his manly "Git outta my way" stride toward the front door. "Hold on a minnit!" he says as he goes outside. A few moments later, he returns. "Mom sez she don't mind either! Dat's too bad too! I wuz hopin' ta see Luna an' Bria arm-wrestle over it!" He lies back down and Bria resumes her using of him as a couch by way of lying easily against his furry self.

"Wrestle? Oh!" Bria exclaims and brings her hands to her mouth. "I wouldn't fight anyone over it!"

"Naw, naw, Bria!" Powerpaw goes into explaining the undoubtedly-male-created pastime of arm-wrestling. "See, ya git one dumb guy an' anudder dumb guy - dey ain't never too hard ta find - an' den ya...."

=)

FB_IMG_1645328162187.jpg

(Image credit: Proathlix.com)

* * *​
Kaerri's eyeroll and long-suffering "Thaaanks," appear to be a reflexive reaction; as if she and her trident had had moments like this before. She holds out her hands, then turns them over, shaking her head over the ever-changing colors.
The trident, Wave, gives off a deep unearthly chuckle at this. It is somehow unnerving. =)

* * *​
"Shapeshifting, huh? Shame I can't control it. Or -- can I?" With that, she made the deliberate attempt to stop the colors at sea-blue.
Absolutely nothing appears to happen.

Still looking at her reflection, Kaerri volunteers, "I've got a couple empty oil flasks in my backpack. We'd want to rinse them out first, though."
This gets a worried "uhh!" from Bria as she raises a finger into the air. "Uhh, Kaaaaerrri! You have to use soap of some kind! Oil floats on water! Didn't you know? Just rinsing might cause an oily residue to remain and..." she trails off and looks at the potion with a caution The Last Healer is only partially-exaggerating. =)

What do the Wayward Wanderers plus Alisa do?

"Right, right," Kaerri waves at Bria. "Question is though, like Oreleth said, is it safe to transfer or should we keep it where it is and hope it doesn't break more?"

She looks at herself in the pool again, then turns to Luna. "Well, actually, the other question is, does whoever drinks it get to choose what they shift to? Or are they stuck with this?" She draws out a strand of her once-shoulder-length hair and watches it change color.

"Right, right," Kaerri waves at Bria. "Question is though, like Oreleth said, is it safe to transfer or should we keep it where it is and hope it doesn't break more?"
"Uhh," Bria thinks a moment and as if by way of repetition, she reaches up with her fingers and pinches her nose shut while closing her mouth. "Mmm," Bria cutely muses. "If it breaks, I think whomever it spills on is in serious trouble. I mean... think about it! Isn't that some kind of Polymorph spell gone super-far or something?"

"Focus, Bria, c'mon..." Powerpaw prods with the blunt side of one claw.

"Right, right. Well... it was the smell that caught my attention so... as long as you don't breathe any of it in and get someone with super-steady hands, I think transferring the potion to a more stable container is..." she shrugs, "...just the wise thing to do, don't you?" Bria looks at all of the spellcasters in the party.

She looks at herself in the pool again, then turns to Luna. "Well, actually, the other question is, does whoever drinks it get to choose what they shift to? Or are they stuck with this?" She draws out a strand of her once-shoulder-length hair and watches it change color.
Luna does not know the answer to that question... but she does know that Kaerri's hair has seemed to stop growing at about the half-elf's lower-back (below where a bikini strap would be were she wearing one, but above her hips).

And so does everyone else in the room who is looking (including Kaerri).

"Congratulations again, my wielder!" Wave rolls in again. "You now have enough hair to keep under protection should our adventures cause you to go bald!"

Powerpaw and Bria both chuckle at that. But if Kaerri looks over at them, both Ko and Felane slap their hands over their mouths lest they have offended their half-elven friend.

Meanwhile, the kobolds all sit and watch this with great wonder. Nitwit, like a child in school, raises his tiny clawed hand. "Hey, uhh, does this sorta thing happen, y'know... all'a time? It sure makes fer good watchin'! Almost as much fun as dem toothy chests in the next room!" The seven kobolds nod and grin their thanks to Otiorin for the earlier tour.

"Alisa," Bria cups her hand and says softly to the Highwindian, "I don't know how the others will answer our kobold guests, but... this sort of thing kind of... does happen all of the time in this party of ours!"

"Alisa," Bria cups her hand and says softly to the Highwindian, "I don't know how the others will answer our kobold guests, but... this sort of thing kind of... does happen all of the time in this party of ours!"
"Well, at the very least you all seem goodhearted, and otherwise capable." Alisa replied quietly, trying her best to keep from sounding apprehensive.

Alisa has known of Highwind's most celebrated smithy, Ben & Misha's Magic Shoppe, for years. Ben the Giant and his equally-large beloved Misha are a happy but cautious pair that only sell their fantastic wares to the worthy - and by that, those who would be heroes of Highwind and have acted in that direction. Kaerri "now Rain-bow-shadow" is, as far as Alisa knows, bullseye-true in that there is no better person in all of Highwind to turn these blades.

However, unlike the intrepid Rogue, Lady Paladin Alisa is 100% certain that because of the magical infection of evil - very likely added into the blades during the forging process - that these particular blades will never be useful in the hands of the forces of Good. In Mielikki's teachings, Alisa knows what Her clergy would do - they would set the steel upon Hallowed ground (meaning holy ground be it permanent or temporary via the Hallow spell) and melt it back into the Sharseyan soil.

Because Alisa is now aware of this, she is also aware that to sell, trade, or otherwise part with these evil weapons - while not specifically against her Paladin code - is no action any member of Her clergy would be proud of to say the least!
Alisa hadn't thought to bring up the matter of the greatswords due to the drama over the improperly-sealed Potion of Shapechange. But now that that seemed to be winding down a bit, she decided to voice her thoughts.

"I'm sure that we'll be able to fix...this. Even if we have to consult a mage or alchemist in Highwind." she said to Kaerri. "That being said, while I'm sure that your friend Ben is a most adept blacksmith, I don't think he'd be able to do anything for those blades. The evil taint within them was almost certainly added to the metal when they were forged. Quite honestly, my preferred course of action would be to take them to hallowed ground and have them melted down, releasing everything back into the world, and letting the evil within dissipate."

Luna pauses in her work to switch the Shapeshift potion to a new vial so she can listen to Alisa carefully. If you wish to keep yourself in one piece, one does not ignore the thoughtful words of a paladin! Especially when talking about evil weapons that were used by ogres intent on killing those that follow the light. She speaks up with, "I think that while it would be nice to sell them and get something for them, the only ones that would be interested in purchasing such evil things are those with their own evil intent. Can you imagine Ben and Misha placing these weapons in their shop and selling them? No. I agree that these evil swords should be destroyed, if not by us, then by someone with the needed skillset to do so."

With her opinion offered up, she says, "We should have Snarfy, Barfy and Arfy know to guard the swords and keep them from getting into the wrong hands until such time as we can have the swords destroyed. Hm. Speaking of the terrible trio, Arisa, have you been introduced to them yet? I don't want you to have any problems with getting bit through some misunderstandings."

Spells memorized:

Oreleth nods in agreement. "We will have to destroy these swords, and just as important, get the word out that the ogres are being armed with such weapons. This makes what was normally a bad thing even worse. I wish we could take the time to find out where these evil swords came from and put a stop to it, but there is still the need of Nitwit and his people. It will be best all around to end the threat that these things represent."

Then Luna adds the idea of having the three Mimics help with guarding the swords, and she wonders if they have been introduced to Arisa yet. "Luna, why don't you take our new friend to see them and let them know that they are ok to be here? You seem to have found a good connection with our trio by giving them treats earlier."
Attacks per Round:
1st - Manyshot (firing two arrows). "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 2d8+12 (+6 Base damage).
2nd - Improved Vital Strike. "To Hit:" +13 (+15 Second Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 3d8+6 (Improved Vital Strike, +6 Base damage).
3rd - Normal Attack. "To Hit:" +8 (+10 Third Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6
4th - Rapid Shot Bonus Attack. "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6

Spells Memorized

"I...yes, perhaps that would be best." replied Alisa, once Luna and Oreleth were done speaking to her. "Who are they, exactly? I don't think I've seen anyone with those names since I got into this wagon."

"I...yes, perhaps that would be best." replied Alisa, once Luna and Oreleth were done speaking to her. "Who are they, exactly? I don't think I've seen anyone with those names since I got into this wagon."
Luna's eyes sparkle as she smiles. "Oh, nothing to be worried about. They are all good boys, and once they know you are not a threat to the wagon, they will not harm you. Think of them as the Wayward Wanderers' version of guard dogs. Let's go see them now so we don't forget."

She stands up and motions for Arisa to follow and goes off to find the three.

Spells memorized:

"Your 'version' of guard dogs?" Alisa asked as she stood up to follow the other woman. She'd noticed her choice of words, and had to wonder just what the Wayward Wanderers had decided to use in the place of hounds.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Tag!
"Well, at the very least you all seem goodhearted, and otherwise capable." Alisa replied quietly, trying her best to keep from sounding apprehensive.
Bria offers a small smile. "If you'll allow a monk a moment of... uhh... non-humility? We are capable. I don't know of any other adventuring parties who have members who have thwarted Loviatar as often as we. Only our dear friend, Shalin Riversbane, is higher on Loviatar's 'he needs to die' list if she has one."

Alisa has adventured long enough to have heard the tavern tales and strange rumors of the single Gray Elven Sorcerer, also called "The Silent Sorcerer." Legend has it that that years ago, he alone broke a much-beloved bridge-in-the-making belonging to Loviatar - a span that would have allowed her forces to enter from her frosty home plane of Pojhola. For this, he suffered greatly, and was dubbed "Riversbane" by the adventurers in Highwind's Adventurers' Guild.

I agree that these evil swords should be destroyed, if not by us, then by someone with the needed skillset to do so."
"What da face?" Powerpaw swears from his curled-up spot on the floor. "Luuuna! Oraleff! Whaddya mean 'we oughta' an' 'we need ta find sumbuddy!' Luna, is you a firey-Wizard or ain't'cha? Oraleff, don't you know how ta blow stuff up? If we want sumthin' frostied, dis Kitty-face would go ta Oti," he points at Otirion. "Buuuut...." Powerpaw points at the pile of swords and spits on them. Accurately. From about 15 feet away. Like he's practiced it. "...Luna, if you can't melt dese dang tings down, who can?"

Even Bria rolls over and looks up with great interest to hear how Luna replies to this challenge.

* * *​

"Your 'version' of guard dogs?" Alisa asked as she stood up to follow the other woman. She'd noticed her choice of words, and had to wonder just what the Wayward Wanderers had decided to use in the place of hounds.
She stands up and motions for Arisa to follow and goes off to find the three.
Sherwood Sherwood Where in the vast Wayward Wagon does Luna go looking first?

"What da face?" Powerpaw swears from his curled-up spot on the floor. "Luuuna! Oraleff! Whaddya mean 'we oughta' an' 'we need ta find sumbuddy!' Luna, is you a firey-Wizard or ain't'cha? Oraleff, don't you know how ta blow stuff up? If we want sumthin' frostied, dis Kitty-face would go ta Oti," he points at Otirion. "Buuuut...." Powerpaw points at the pile of swords and spits on them. Accurately. From about 15 feet away. Like he's practiced it. "...Luna, if you can't melt dese dang tings down, who can?"

Before going off to hunt for the trio of mimics, Luna pauses and thinks for a moment. After some deep thought, she replies with, "The destruction of magic items, even relatively simple ones like these swords, is no small feat to accomplish. It is possible, but it is also very dangerous. Even minor items can explode in a violent display from the magic locked up inside them, and these swords are inherently evil, making me even more hesitant to try and do some random experimentations with my spells. There are mages and blacksmiths that specialize in the art of making magic swords like these that I would be much more comfortable in going to in order to see these weapons permanently removed from this world."

She then looks over at Oreleth and adds, "However, with that being said, if you insist on me giving this a try, I am willing so long as I can place some safety measures in place first. But I would not advise it. Trust me, I don't want to see these swords being used in anyone's hand that would be willing to wield such abominations."

With that said, she looks over at Alisa. "So, let's see if we can find our good boys and get you introduced to them." Luna motions for the lady paladin to follow her, and she heads for the door that leads further into the Grand Wagon. As she opens the door, she calls out, "Snarfy! Barfy! Arfy! Where are you? I have someone I'd like you to say 'hello' to!"

Spells memorized:

Oreleth shakes her head. "Luna, you know more about magic than I do; compared to you, I just dabble in the arts. So, if you are saying that you are not confident with trying to destroy these weapons, we will wait on it until we can return to Highwind and have the experts in such things look into it. Hell, I'm even willing to pay for the cost of their destruction if I have to in order to have these evil blades eliminated, one way or another."
Attacks per Round:

Spells Memorized

As Luna is walking through the Wagon on her search for the terrible trio, an idea suddenly comes to mind. "Hey Sparkle! What about a Disintegrate spell? Do you think that it might be able to destroy these swords and simply reduce them to dust? Do you think it would work?"

"I'm sure that we'll be able to fix...this. Even if we have to consult a mage or alchemist in Highwind."
Kaerri smiles. "Thanks. Hopefully it'll just wear off, but if not, I'll just, I dunno, keep my hood up until we find someone."

Regarding the magical destruction of the swords:

Kaerri shrugs. "The last time I was present for a magical item being broken -- which, mind you, was a complete accident, and involved a really big rock and not a spell -- it just sort of shattered and the magic poured out like water. Pretty sad, really, seeing something so impressive turn into so much junk metal. But I don't know near enough about magic stuff to say whether that's normal or not." After a moment of thought, the half-elf adds, "Either way, if we don't know what'll happen and want to experiment, it's prob'ly best to do so on the ground, at least, if not outside the magical wagon that's bigger on the inside. Maybe you want to get some advice back in Highwind and then have a go? I'd suggest the St. Cuthbertians if so, they're good at getting rid of evil." Seeing as Luna was already walking away, Kaerri wasn't sure how much of that the wizardess had heard, but maybe Oreleth had.

Sherwood Sherwood

As Luna is walking through the Wagon on her search for the terrible trio, an idea suddenly comes to mind. "Hey Sparkle! What about a Disintegrate spell? Do you think that it might be able to destroy these swords and simply reduce them to dust? Do you think it would work?"

Sparkle the pseudo-dragon slowly turns to her Familiar. There is a look of real uncertainty in her eyes. "Neither myself nor your father are capable of casting such a spell. I remind you that you are currently the most-powerful Wizard of the Callen line alive - some things are beyond the rest of us, Pyri."

With that, the old dragoness on Luna's shoulder seems to fade from sight as her scales begin to blend into the colors all about herself and Luna.

Seeing as Luna was already walking away, Kaerri wasn't sure how much of that the wizardess had heard, but maybe Oreleth had.
Powerpaw looks on from his comfortable place on the floor and adds, "Uhhh, I gotta whole lotta nuffin.' Jus' tryin' ta save us anudder trip back to Highwind an' all."

Bria of the Ko offers what little she can. "Um, Saint Cuthbert's clergy are far and away the most-experienced people in the eradication of evil in Highwind I've ever met. I bet the other Evokers we know, namely Kusani the Black and Shalin, would know something about it too. Oh. And probably Leopold, the Pink Sage. No one knows offbeat matters like he does!"

Oreleth nods. "One way or another, we will have the swords destroyed, be it ourselves or by the clerics of a good and noble god like St. Cuthbert. It just worries me that these ogres had them in the first place. If we knew where they were coming from, I'd happily shove these swords so far up the asses of those responsible and teach them a lesson."
Attacks per Round:

Spells Memorized

Oreleth nods. "One way or another, we will have the swords destroyed, be it ourselves or by the clerics of a good and noble god like St. Cuthbert. It just worries me that these ogres had them in the first place. If we knew where they were coming from, I'd happily shove these swords so far up the asses of those responsible and teach them a lesson."

Powerpaw's tail lashes restlessly as he indicates the front door of the Wayward Wagon where Mamapaw guides. "Now dere's sumthin' Mom would totally be onboard wif!"

Sparkle the pseudo-dragon slowly turns to her Familiar. There is a look of real uncertainty in her eyes. "Neither myself nor your father are capable of casting such a spell. I remind you that you are currently the most-powerful Wizard of the Callen line alive - some things are beyond the rest of us, Pyri."

With that, the old dragoness on Luna's shoulder seems to fade from sight as her scales begin to blend into the colors all about herself and Luna.
Luna looks over at Alisa and says, "Hold on just a moment. I need to think." She stands there, motionless for a time, her eyes staring out into the space in front of her without actually seeing anything. After a bit of rapid calculations, she says, "It may just work. We have to let the others know. Come on! I don't want you in here without an escort until Arfy and his fellows know you."

She leads the two of them back through the Wagon to the others, and quickly says, "I have a spell that might just do the trick! It is called Disintegrate, and it is a very powerful and destructive spell that, if successful, will reduce the target item to dust." Her happy expression darkens a touch as she says, "The only problem is that I will have to take a few days of study and casting in order to be able to destroy all the swords, and is assuming that the spell works as intended on them from the first casting. It may even take multiple times to make the spell take effect.

She looks at Oreleth again, saying, "We will need to land and try this outside, though. I won't cast that kind of spell in here unless it is a total emergency."

Spells memorized:

Oreleth looks relieved. "I had hoped that there was something that we could do to eliminate the evil swords ourselves, and it sounds like you might just have the ticket there, Luna! Excellent idea! Now, how much time do you think you'll need to be able to give this a try?"

Luna grabs out her spellbook and leafs through the pages to the Disintegrate spell and looks it over. "I would have to study the spell to prepare myself for casting it. Perhaps . . . fifteen minutes?"

Spells memorized:

Last edited:
Oreleth blinks a few times, then says, "Well then. If you think it is a possibility that it can work, lets do it. What is the worst that will happen? It doesn't work. But if it does work, we have removed the threat of those swords for good."
Attacks per Round:
Deadly Aim; -3 to hit/+6 to damage

Spells Memorized