What's new

Chapter Seven: Full House

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
(Part 2 of 2 - Great timing, Cap'n! You posted right as I began editing that last post!)

Hercules is taken aback by Toph’s statement. He glances up at Hitomi and, seeing her expression, sighs sadly and turns his attention back to the Broo.
“I am Hercules. I fight, I cook, I sing.”
The Broo, watching this monumentally-strong human address them, immediately crawl, hop, and carefully walk up to get a better look at the muscle-bound Greek giant. As they stare in a moment of awe-filled silence, Bong takes a moment to stand with importance beside Hercules. The shaman holds out one hand and presents him with two words:

"Furless Karbarran."

"OHHH!!" the Broo cry out in even more awe. Those that were hiding come out now.

"I joke. Is human." Bong says and some of the Broo stare confusedly at Bong for a long moment, some with narrowed eyes, others with rolling eyes. Bong takes this in stride and turns to Hercules. "You fight?"

"Hhhehee keeell deee monnssstaaa!" Piper raises a finger and murmurs drunkenly from the table.

"Shush, Pie-pa," Bong grins. "You mud-brain right now."

Faydra steps forward and addresses Hercules. If the Broo have any warriors, they seem to begin with her. "Hurk-yoo-leez? Pie-pa say you keel de monsta. But cook. Sing. So why sad? You home on Earth." Faydra broods a moment. "No food? Want song? Company?" She looks back toward Sam as if to be ready to give him the order to raise the music back to its former level.

Somewhere from behind Faydra, Coosi shouts out, "An hooow yooou git sooo beeeg?!" A ruckus of good-natured laughter follows from the Broo.

Meanwhile, from the balcony, Hitomi says nothing but continues typing that warm grin still upon her face. It is the look of someone who feels beautiful because of the compliments of someone else. The Japanese-Polynesian needs not say it; it is there in her smile.

Last edited:

Captain Hesperus

Harbinger of the End Times and Apostle of Ghan
Administrator
Supporter
Hercules replies to the many questions as well as he can, his head turning to each inquirer in turn.
”Yes, I kill the monsta.”
“I’m not sad, just confused because so much is happening. Yes, I like food and I like to sing.”
”My Mama fed me fish and other good things!”

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Sheesa, with her dark, tall form, climbs over one of her fellows.

"Ask!" One of her tribe mates beckons to her.

"Mmm..." she keeps her mouth closed and looks worried.

Coosi, a summery creature of daytime colors puts her hand on Sheesa's brown shoulder and encourages her. "Sheesa ask! Wild Card is true!"

Sheesa gulps, troubles a little, and says rather quietly, "We confuse too. Home far. Monsta want kill Earth. Slave human. Take 'Culture. We huntas, no warr-ee-orz. Hurk-yoo-leez warr-ee-or. Is Hurk-yoo-leez... afraid of monsta?"

* * *​

The moment Hercules mentioned to the word fish, trouble meows as loud as you can and all of you hear, "Feeesh!" in your minds.

"Earth haz best feeesh an' Herc is feeesh-god!"

"Why?" Shaman Bong asks.

"Because he share feeesh wif me! Yaaay!"

Many of the Broo cheer, hug Trouble, smile up at Hercules.

* * *​

"What you sing?" Pipes up a small, cute, and excited female voice from somewhere in the tribe. "You sing rock-roll?"

But Faydra shakes her head causing her fiery mane to toss from side to side. "Rock-roll? Him? Too gentle. Mar-ee-yo rock-roll. Herc? I say he sing something else."

"Ooooh," comes at the collective sound of many curious Beasties. They lean forward, eager to hear Herc's reply.

"What you sing?" Sheesa asks plainly, her shyness and fear momentarily conquered by her Broo curiosity.

Captain Hesperus

Administrator
Supporter
Hercules looked into Sheesa's dark, brooding eyes with a fire in his brown eyes and a confident smile on his lips, "Hercules fears nothing, no man, no monsta, no machine!"
But he quietened as he heard Faydra's words.
"No, maybe not rock and roll, but songs of my people, of Greece. Songs with souls and hearts and tears."
With that, he walked over to the stage and picked up a microphone. He found the means to silence the Captain's singing and began a song of his own, all the while looking up at the balcony where Hitomi sat typing.
Middle of the week, every night,
I think of you and I suffer
And the Friday, is a sad day,
I remember our sojourn (our ending’s eve)

Every Saturday night
I cry and i am nearly dead
Because of you
Such day we used to go out,
How should I overcome
your absence now

Wednesday morning, a little cloudy,
a touch of loneliness
And Friday (is) a rainy day,
God is crying because i am alone

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Taaag!

Hercules looked into Sheesa's dark, brooding eyes with a fire in his brown eyes and a confident smile on his lips, "Hercules fears nothing, no man, no monsta, no machine!"
Sheesa's eyes brood no more as Hercules responds with a flame she in no way predicts. With each bold expression of fearlessness, she shrinks back until by the time he has exclaimed, "no machine!" the shadowy, shy Broo has retreated back into the protective fold of her fellow tribemates until she is but a pair of glowless eyes peering at Hercules from the dark. Still, she gazes on.

* * *​

But he quietened as he heard Faydra's words.
"No, maybe not rock and roll, but songs of my people, of Greece. Songs with souls and hearts and tears."
With that, he walked over to the stage and picked up a microphone. He found the means to silence the Captain's singing and began a song of his own, all the while looking up at the balcony where Hitomi sat typing.
The former music dies down (thanks to Spaceman Sam) and the new music begins with Hercules as its sole heartfelt performer. As the song begins and Hercules begins to sing to the balcony, it becomes very quickly apparent to all there who the song is meant for. One by one, Reggie, Murphy, Captain Sharp, and Professor Stein look over to Hitomi whose eyes are getting larger by the moment as she is attempting to interpret just what Hercules is expressing. After a few clicks on her own laptop, she her full attention toward Hercules.

Those watching spot a a few kind and surprised-looking comments between Professor Stein and his assistant. Hercules's performance is nothing anyone up in the balcony expected, least of all the Japanese-Polynesian lady there. Hitomi appears bewildered and pleased at the same time. She glances down at her laptop screen and her a look of wonder encompasses the beautiful vision that is Hitomi's face.

By the time his song is halfway in, Hitomi seems to make a decision - she eagerly reaches into her hefty purse and whips a red soft something out of it. She stands and turns her back to everyone and pulls the thing over her head. It turns to be a dress, and not just any kind of dress, but a classy and attractive backless affair of scarlet fabric with straps and sequins of shining gold worn over her Broadsword uniform.

When Hitomi turns back to the music, she instantly becomes one with it, her hands, shoulders, hair, and hips all swaying in a slow, expressive dance that fits all-too-well with the Mediterranean nature of Hercules's song. Just like that, her movements match the rhythm and the mood of the song as if she has known it all of her life. Hitomi's grace and beauty are enough to make the average man wonder - is she human or is she one of Jupiter's dusky daughters whose unearthly allure is hard to draw one's eyes away from?

In moments, it becomes clear - Hitomi has chosen to accompany Hercules's performance with one of her own without any attempt at taking the spotlight from the Greek giant - hers instead compliments, perhaps as a show of gratitude for the sheer enjoyment of the moment he has unexpectedly provided.

Several Broo catch sight of her and a series of "whooaas" and "who she?" rise from them. Sometimes, they don't seem to know who to watch - Hercules or Hitomi, so each gazes as their souls require while some do their best to watch both. As Hercules's song's ending notes fade, rousing cheers and lusty howls erupt from all over Drake's from both the balcony and the Tribe of the Star Watchers. Hitomi stands up in the balcony smiling and clapping as if in a standing ovation for Hercules. One by one, Murph, Stein, and Sharp rise to stand with her while smiling Reggie simply raises his own clapping hands above his head. The few Broo who try to clap slap their hands together with stinging force.

There is another sound coming from the twenty-odd Broo in the audience - there is some sniffling, cuddling, and gazing fondly up at Hercules. Even Sheesa peeks out from behind her Broo-barricade. The Broo are touched by words they in no way understand, but touched nonetheless.

When the moment passes, Hitomi sits back down and reads the contents of her laptop's screen with more than passing interest.

Meanwhile, Hercules is bombarded by questions. "You love her?" some of the Broo ask. "What you sing? No undastand words!" "Hurk-yoo-leez sing great! He cooks great too?"

* * *​

While Hercules is, of course, free to answer as he desires, there are calls for "Next Wild Card! Come! Greet!" to present themselves, introduce themselves by name, and provide a little something most don't know - whether they choose to do so in the fabulous manner Hercules has chosen to or not... is up to them. =)

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
The calls for the next one to step up, say their piece; they mark the end of a precious break, a moment for the Swede to get her mind back up to speed. An enthusiastic bunch, these Broo, at least from what they've shown thus far. Quite overwhelming, if one is not prepared, and there's nothing that could've prepared her for this. Not just the Broo - this whole thing, really. The bar, the song, the 'ambush', even though she saw it coming. Feelings, chaos, excitement - easy to get lost there, for a moment, though that moment has to end right now. Can't disappoint these sudden allies. Not without trying, at the very least.

"Well, might as well take my turn right now. Name's Ylva Sveadotter, glad to meet you - again." The Swede's eyes search for Duskee, that handful. "Thanks for getting me here safely, I owe you two a drink once all of this is over." Didn't quite manage to get anything meaningful out before the two vanished back in the crowd, back then. What do you even say, in moments like those? Oh well, it'll be a fond memory, one day. When they share the drink, or something. Maybe not one of Bong's brews, though, that might not end too well...

For some reason, the Swede adjusts her hair as she continues to speak. "Spent more time in a cockpit than in a lab, lately, so I guess I'd count more as a Logan pilot than a scientist. So... things you don't know. Should be easy, right? Being new, and all... grew up far away, in a cold place called Stockholm. It's all the way on the other side of the ocean. Always been fond of water, myself. Spent lots of time sailing, over there. Walked on the seafloor a few times, too; in a modified Logan. Grew up with my mom, dad's too much of a soldier to ever settle down. Hates the cold, too..." A shrug. "Guess that should do it. Couldn't sing to save my life, so if I ever try, stop me." A nod in Herules' direction. "Good thing he covered that. I play the guitar every once in a while, that's about all I can manage."

Captain Hesperus

Administrator
Supporter
Hercules' face turns as red as Hitomi's dress after he realised what she'd done and was rapidly reduced to a stammering wreck, unable to answer any of the questions the Broo bombarded him with. His uniform collar seemed suddenly too tight, too restrictive. He tucked a finger in and worked it around, trying to let some air in and what felt like the heat of a small small sun out.
"Please," he begged, "I need some air."
He stumbled toward the entrance to Drake's and (unless someone in his group stop him) thumbed the door entrance to let himself out.

Last edited:

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Toph lets out a quiet sigh. It doesn't look like her hopes of finding a relationship with Hitomi is doomed. It is clear to her that Hercules has a better shot at the beautiful woman than she does. Ah, well. There are plenty of other people out there that I can find love with. Best of luck, Herc!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)