• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter One: The Road of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna knows sleep magic well-enough to know this is not it. Her friends do not have the peaceful rise-and-fall comfort that comes with sleep; they have been knocked out just as surely as if an ogre's club had hit them in the head.

Time, however, is not on her side. She cannot both pull on her items and drag her friends to safety outside the bedroom, and she is smart enough to realize it.

Use your head, Luna! You have magic that will protect you! She grabs her scroll case, and pulls out the Protection From Energy spell. Setting the effect to ward against poison should protect her from the effects for the entire time the spell is up!

Then again, perhaps not. She seems to remember that coming up in a class, and her best bet is to get out with her things before she is knocked out by the gas, too. Feeling herself starting to fade out, she bolts from the room.

Luna is able to place her magical items upon her before getting out of the room. She pulls the door handle only to find it will not turn. As the door shudders from Luna's attempts to open it, she can hear a familiar man's muffled laughter on the other side.

"Ha ha ha! 'My lady,' your towels are ready! Won't you come out and get them? Don't keep the good master waiting! Ahahaha!!"

"You want me out? Well, here I come!" Pointing her finger at the lock, she focuses her will. "Force Missile!"

[dice]462[/dice]

She then throws her weight against the damaged door, hoping that she is strong enough to force it open.

Current memorized spells:

Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Detect Magic

Level 1: Shield x2, Gravity Bow, Burning Hands

Level 2: Mirror Image, Scorching Ray x3

Level 3: Fireball x2, Displacement

Force Missiles x7

Last edited by a moderator:
Magical power focused from Luna's will strikes the the sturdy wooden door. It bucks and cracks violently where it was hit, but remains. It is clear it will take another, slightly stronger hit, to remove it as a barricade. In the meantime, the lotus flowers perform their work on Luna's senses.

In the other bedroom, Bilal the Rich gestures with his dragon-headed rod while Sarissa leans lazily on his shoulder. They watch Otiorin with a mixture of amusement and curiosity, then Bilal beckons to the quickly-fading Otiorin.

"Oh, come now! Is that it? No heroic pull-through? What will I tell my clients about you?"

The room wobbles and turns in odd ways as blackness descends upon Otiorin. As he collapses, Bilal says, "Well, at least I didn't have to waste another charge of my precious rod, don't you think? I'm not certain how many are left. One thing is for certain - it sure took down that brown-haired girl with them, didn't it? Did you hear her shriek? You would think she has never been betrayed in all her li-"

All becomes dark and heavy, as if you have been swallowed by some great pit deep in the earth.

Feeling woozy, Luna marshals her endurance for one more spell. I have got to stay awake! Great Maker, let this work!

Current memorized spells:

Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Detect Magic

Level 1: Shield x2, Gravity Bow, Burning Hands

Level 2: Mirror Image, Scorching Ray x3

Level 3: Fireball x2, Displacement

Force Missiles x6
[dice]465[/dice]

The heavily-battered door rocks and one of the three hinges comes loose. Thanks to Luna's magical assault, there is now a hole large enough for her to exit through, if she is able to squeeze through in time.

On the other side of the door, the taunts come to a stop. "Uh..." you hear the muffled voice say. "I could use some help here!! She is breaking through!"

And then... all is silent as Luna's valiant attempts to get out slowly cease, the fire in her finally dimming where others would have gone out long before. Darkness envelops her as she slowly falls to her knees.

"Hey!" The voice continues. "Is someone going to come and help me? The door isn't holding!"

"Master Bilal?"

"Anyone?"

"Heyyy-"

Luna is unconscious before she reaches the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back