• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chapter One: Peter Pan

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ

One would think a prestigious house like Miss' Stoker's would be found surrounded by its own ilk, deep in the heart of London, in one of the wealthiest parts of town where one couldn't take two steps without finding themselves amidst some ladies and gentlemen having some fancy ball.
But instead the fabled literature club was located at the outskirts of the town, far away from its official registration office who had been flooded with application ever since the Queen herself was seen attending every once in a while.

Everyone wanted a piece of that prestige, to be part of something so exclusive one's peers would turn green with envy.
But Miss Bethany Mary Anne Stoker was extremely picky when it came to accepting new applications and her club remained a close-knit community of those with a passion for literature...
And keeping the stuff of these stories just that...fiction.

It was yet another sunny spring afternoon at the Stoker estate, the garden with its tall, thorny bushes blooming in healthy greens and all the colors of the rainbow as flowers sprouted from every spot of unattended soil.
And yet, instead of picnicking in the garden as so many high-born ladies would, Miss Bethany remained inside the vast interior of the mansion.

Resting on her favorite armchair, a rich crimson in color and carved of an ancient willow tree, the head of the literature club let her vermillion eyes wander over many pages dealing with unrequited love, romance and tragedy.
A favorite pastime of hers as the dark-haired woman reveled in the delicious heartache that was topic of oh so many recently published stories.

A faint smile accenting her pale cheeks as her lips parted to reveal a set of pearly fangs, allowing herself to chuckle in amusement over another oh so obvious twist leading to tragedy.

But her delight would not last for long as there were duties she had to attend as the head of the club.
Certain responsibilities that would lead her to close the novella and neatly put it into the extended hand of a decorative armor, wondering if one of the club members might possess the antiquity to try and give her a fright.

Snatching her coat off the armchair, Miss Bethany would drape it over her slender shoulders, the piece of clothing obviously not tailored to her, or any woman for that matter. And yet whenever one would ask her of the coat's, which held a lot of sentimental value, origin, the vampire would dodge the question or come up with a different tale every time someone would pry.

Making her way through the deserted halls, the blinds not allowing any sunlight to peer through, Miss Stoker would arrive at the large communal chamber, a sturdy oaken table forming the center of the room with one peculiar letter resting on top of an Iron plate.
Raising an eyebrow, the vampire would come to weigh the letter between two fingers, the familiar royal seal pressed into the cold wax.

"Oh would you look at that, seems spring is not just a time of frolicking..." Bethany Mary Anne Stoker mused with a smile as she took a seat, knowing that it was about time for the club's weekly meeting.
And it looked like they would be dealing with something far more interesting than tales of romance this time, her clawed finger edging the seal off the letter as she retrieved the document.
Crimson eyes widening at its contents, for this was certainly a peculiar matter.

As always, Sebastian found himself inside Miss Stoker's house. While the others had their own houses to get back to, he didn't. His father was not aware that he was still in the mortal plane, and apparently, Sebastian couldn't even do that because he was apparently bound to the members of this prestigious club. That didn't mean he didn't like it. In fact, he already decided to dedicate his entire life to Miss Stoker and her adventures. He had promised his mother that he would do so, as she had done it as well. It would be better to keep the folks of London unaware of what goes bump in the night. And honestly, it was one of the most thrilling occupations he could have been in.

He originally thought that being part of the Queen's Guard would have taken that title. But apparently, it just couldn't. Not to say that he was bored when he had that particular job. It was an honor, and he even got to interact with the Queen himself! But, then again, his mother had known the Queen because of this same club. It was only because of her that he was able to get into this club. It was a miracle that she managed to convince Miss Stoker to take him in, and it was because of his own combat experience.

Currently, the members weren't there yet. He was floating around the expanse of the mansion. He knew better than to disturb her while it wasn't during club hours. She wasn't a mean person, not by a long shot, but they were all entitled to their own individual down time. Heaven knows they only needed one. So, he was merely reading a book that was scattered about. It was a rather cliche book of a knight's journey to save a princess that was locked in a tower. There had been quite a number of these books lately. Though they were usually children books, to be honest, but this one was actually pretty amusing.

When he looked back at the clock, it was nearing time for the meeting. He placed the book back at its place and then began to fly through the walls and the halls in search of Miss Stoker. Of course, one of the first places he looked at was where she would often sit down when she was simply reading - at her favorite armchair. And indeed, she was there.

Upon spotting a suit of decorative armor near her, an idea crept into his head and a grin appeared on his face. It wouldn't hurt right? He let out a small breath as he began to become invisible and then dove straight into the armor. Before he could immerse himself completely into the armor, Miss Stoker already placed a hand on its extended hand. The metal creaked as it twitched to life and the fingers wrapped around the book. He let out a chuckle - but it echoed because of the empty suit but he has gotten used to hearing himself like that. "You have one of the best instincts, Miss Stoker." He praised and then began moving to put the book back in its original place. He's cleaned this place enough times to know where everything was and should be. "I do not like this armor. Quite useless really." Though he should have expected that considering that this armor was actually just for decoration, and not for battle like the ones he favors possessing which are actually suits of armor that can be worn and be protected from attacks.

He then returned the suit of armor to its original position and then released it from his possession. He then began to fly towards Miss Stoker, keeping close to her as she moved. Sebastian had become accustomed to 'living' in the darkness due to Miss Stoker's 'condition' as the blinds were always covering the window - to keep the sunlight from flowing in and damaging her.

When they reached the communal chamber, he began to float around aimlessly before settling down a chair. Of course, he was merely levitating on top of it with his arms closed. He was now completely visible to everyone who would look. Yes, he was still semi-transparent. Yes, he also glowed a little bit. But they could still make out his features. Sebastian watched as Miss Stoker read the letter with an intrigued look on her face. "Ooh, we have a job? Sweet." He said with a grin but knew that he had to wait patiently for the others to arrive before she would announce what it was. Though he honestly felt a bit excited. There was something to finally do. While peace was certainly something good, that didn't mean he liked the boring pacing of it. If he was going to be on the mortal plane for a good long while, he'd much rather have it be exciting rather than just trying to spook people. That gets rather dull after a few times.

Church
Church occupied his usual spot at Miss Stoker's feet in his canine form. He had been forbidden to assume his Hellhound form inside the mansion. Perhaps because the lady of the house did not appreciate the scorched footprints he left behind. Perhaps because the odor of sulfur was overwhelmingly strong in this monstrous form. Perhaps because it was unsettling to see him that way, burning eyes, fur of slick oil that seemed to drip from his body. Perhaps because his size was like that of a horse and his tail regularly found things to knock over as he wagged it.
He was curled up, his black head resting on his massive paws. His red eyes were closed, seemingly dozing as the vampiress read in her favorite chair. Though he wouldn't admit it, this was his favorite spot, too. It was relaxing. It was almost as though he were a pet, a lapdog instead of a creature of death and omens.
Miss Stoker chuckled, and his tall ears swiveled at the sound, betraying the fact that he was not asleep. When she stood, he uncurled himself, stretching before coming to a stand, too. She placed her book into the hand of a nearby suit of armor and its fingers wrapped around it. His intelligent red eyes watched the armor put the book in its place before returning to its own place and releasing the spirit it had contained.
Sebastian was a good fellow and Church liked him very much. He remembered the day the gentleman joined their club. However, he also remember the day the gentleman died. He saw his own failure in the man that had now become a ghost. He hadn't been able to save him. He had sensed death approach, and he couldn't do anything to stop it.
The large dog stayed at Miss Stoker's side as she left the room, walking almost in step with her like a fellow soldier. They entered the meeting room and he climbed into a chair at the table, looking much like a person as he sat there, though he remained in his dog form. He had been told very early on that changing into his human form in the presence of others was inappropriate due to the lack of clothing. How was that supposed to be his fault, though? He could change his body, not the material that covered it.
So, why hadn't he changed before accompanying Miss Stoker and Sebastian? Perhaps he really had fallen asleep and now it was too late to go retrieve clothing without risking tardiness. Though, really, who could say?

Magdalina
An elegant carriage pulled up to the front of the infamous mansion that housed the Literary Club. The driver, impeccably dressed and without a single speck of dirt, climbed down and opened the door, offering a hand to the occupant.
"Must you really leave, Miss Lupei?" came an almost begging voice from inside as a beautiful young woman accepted the hand with her own gloved one and stepped from the carriage. "Or, rather, might I accompany you inside? I'm sure that my application is to be accepted at any moment."
The woman shook her head, her loose curls bouncing at her waist. She brushed her hands across the front of her colorful dress as though brushing off the begging gentleman as well.
"Forgive me, Victor. Thank you for accompanying me this far, but I'm afraid the Literary Club is strict about only allowing its accepted members to enter," She said in a voice as beautiful as she was, laced with a Romanian accent.
The carriage driver held her bag out for her and she accepted it with a small smile.
"I promise to see you next week at Dutchess Bellow's party, Victor. The night will reunite us again. Until then, farewell," She continued, giving the gentleman inside the carriage a sly smile before slipping through the gate and making her way toward the mansion.
By the time the carriage had finally disappeared from sight, Dalina was inside, sighing in relief. She made her way to the meeting chamber, her heels clicking on the floor and announcing her arrival.
She entered and gave a curtsy to her host.
"Miss Stoker," She said in greeting. "Mr. Lowell."
The young woman took her seat next to the giant Hellhound, setting her bag on the table between them.

"I though I might find you here in that form. Worry not, I brought your clothes," She told the dog with a light laugh as Church seemed to almost sigh in relief.
---------------------------
AI10100 AI10100 Vampunk Vampunk

Last edited:
"Isn't it that time of the week again?" Said the ink black-haired body of Valerie to the sobbing form of Phoebe, who had been released temporarily from the hold the demon had on her. "What... What are you talking about?" Phoebe vaguely mumbled, wiping the tears from her face, staining the perfect makeup Lilith had put on her earlier. "Oh great, now you're not ready again." Valerie said condescendingly, glancing over from her perch on her favorite leather armchair, comfortably laid with her legs drooping over one side, head resting on the other arm, with both hands holding a book in between.

Phoebe's eyes shot up to Valerie, the clear blue welling up with tears again. "PLEASE! NO MORE! I BEG OF YOU!" She screamed, before her eyes started to quickly grow black, her irises staining red like ink in water, before her pained and frightened screams silenced, and her expression became neutral. Lilith rolled Phoebe's eyes in disgust, then wiped the tears and stained makeup from her face with a nearby handkerchief. "Always useful to have these around." She stated to nobody in particular, making the body of Valerie sit up properly in her chair, and placing a bookmark on the page she finished on. She could probably find it again, having read it one too many times, but nonetheless, it was Valerie's fifteen minutes of freedom before they went off. Slowly, the black and red retreated from Valerie's eyes, and she was simply sitting, stunned, and expressionless.

"I'm..." Her expression was almost excited, beaming even, before her eyes caught the still form of Phoebe, who quickly turned around, grinning her toothy grin. Valerie's smile turned into a frown, and she slouched back in her chair. "...still your thrall."
"Sorry."
"You really aren't."
"You're right, I'm not. It's around time to go to the literature club anyways. Do you want to come?" Lilith asked Valerie. Valerie realized her choice. Either she comes along for a little, and enjoys her own freedom and doesn't scream, or she loses her own body again.
"I'll find Henry for the cab."
"That's a good girl."
Valerie shot a menacing glare back to Lilith, who smiled and gave a curt wave, simply folding her fingers downwards at her as she left. Lilith took the time to dress, and by the time Valerie came back, she had another dress prepared for her.

"You must love this, forcing me to do things without you having to control me directly. Is this what you want?"
"That's not too far from the truth. But, you're also wrong. Come along, we've got places to be."
Valerie grunted in displeasure, then dressed, forcing Lilith to step outside while she did so, the threat of suddenly being jerked away from her own actions looming over her shoulder, ushering her to hasten her time spent alone.

"You look lovely." Valerie rolled her eyes as she stepped outside her room, following Lilith downstairs to the cab outside. The driver didn't give a second glance to the girls letting themselves in, Valerie trying her best to keep her attention away from the monster inhabiting her and her friend.

"Oh, another carriage just passed us." Lilith stated, almost as if it were nothing more than a fact, watching the passing cab empty of it's cargo. "Seems like we may not be the first there." Phoebe's body sat upright, hands on her lap, even more astute and surprisingly jovial than before. Valerie made no attempt to contact her, simply doing her best to ignore the demon.
-x-
The driver let them out onto the foyer, wordlessly, and Lilith waved him away, the carriage off to service somebody else. They both watched as it left the gates, before they both spared a glance at each other, Valerie clearly hateful, but Lilith as glee as ever.
"I hate you."
"You just need to follow my lead when we go in-"
"You'll be exorcised one day."
"because I can always take control again, and your time will be cut short like your friend here. Now do as I say."
Valerie nodded her head, following in step with Lilith as they both arrived at the meeting chamber.

Both women curtsied as they entered, silently making eye contact with the occupants of the chamber before taking their seats next to each other.

"I'm sure you have seen these folk before, but allow me to-"
"Don't. Just..."
"Just what darling?"
"I don't want to be involved in your affairs."
"As you wish~" Was the last words Valerie heard before she went under again, her eyes becoming possessed once more with demonic hexes. With her attention no longer diverted, Lilith watched as Miss Stoker peeled open the letter, a process she had seen time and time again.

"Always more work." She mumbled to herselves. Phoebe's body rested her head on Valerie's shoulder, who sat upright, scanning the room. She always hated meeting with these other individuals most of the time, and with another bout of having to solve problems for the ruler of the land, wasn't something she liked to do at all, or had a choice in the matter. She was lucky they even allowed her to keep the bodies after all this time, but the service was at least something interesting to do, rather than have been summoned into some poor beggar's body or somebody worthless like that. In short, this, was better than the nothing that she had existed in for so long, so she did everything she could to keep herself in this plane.

At least she wasn't a maid.

AI10100 AI10100 Shame Shame Vampunk Vampunk

Last edited:

As Miss Bethany Mary Anne Stoker ascended from the vast chambers that lay underneath the otherwise rather ordinary looking mansion, more and more of the club members flocked to her side like a growing swarm of ravens. For they were very much alike, the avians and those in service of the Queen, they would appear like a bad omen, though not everyone donned all black clothing. And as they finally arrived in the briefing chambers, and Miss Stoker pondered on how to present their next task to those present, more and more extraordinary individuals would come to occupy the many seats surrounding the large wooden table.

"The Queen's Round Table" as their royal benefactor would come to call the chambers, with the members just like the knights of legend. Though the only one actually looking the part would be Sebastian.
And as crimson eyes would look up from the Queen's letter, they would come to wander around the room, taking in the sight of those present.
A faint smile accented Miss Stoker's lips as she'd lean back in her armchair, balancing the document between two clawed fingertips.

"So it would seem, Sebastian." The vampire would muse, raising an arched eyebrow as she'd put the letter back into its envelope.
"Sadly for us all we can't indulge ourselves in the most recent marvels of romantic fiction. Once again we shall dabble in the more macabre stories, only this time our target seems to be less murderous than the ones we dealt with in the past. Or so it would seem." The head of the literature club would continue, leaning forward in her chair as she'd poise a finger to her lips, hiding the ivory arch of sharp fangs.

"This one seems rather obsessed with young mortals, his, or her, intentions are unknown but disappearances are becoming more frequent and only god knows what is happening to all those children that are being abducted from their homes. Only the most vile monstrosities target children, and yet there is no signs of struggle to be found. They just disappear without a trace, or rather that's what the officials report. This is where I'd rather get a professional second opinion." Miss Stoker would conclude, leaning back into her large armchair and crossing her legs, her piercing red glare coming to dart from one member to the other.

"Now then, my friends. It is time to find out what creature is stealing children away from their parents. I personally would bet on some sort of witch or crone, probably one operating under the guise of a benevolent old grandmother. This would explain the lack of struggle and why only children are being targeted. But this wouldn't be a club activity if I am the only one pondering on yet another topic of forgotten lore. What do you think is causing these disappearances? And no, I am certain this is not an Upir Lhikyi's doing, a fangbearer would know their kin's handiwork."

And just like that Miss Stoker would gaze into the room, awaiting her fellow member's weighed thoughts. For before one would go about finding any traces there was always time to narrow down the list of potential subjects.
And as the thrill of another quest slowly poured into the vampire's still heart, a smile, a hint of fangs, crept unto Miss Stoker's face. For eternity would be oh so dull if it wasn't for things like these.

Sebastian watched as Church, in his dog form, hopped onto one of the chairs. He liked hanging around Church, mostly because he's worked with the Hellhound when he was still alive. Then again, he's worked with most of them when he was still alive. But still, he's been talking to Church more and more because of how they both stick with Miss Stoker around ninety percent of the time. Sebastian has tried sticking with others, since they see more of the outside than their leader, but he's found spending time with Miss Stoker was way more relaxing.

But it has been getting more and more boring lately. It was time to spice things up. Maybe Dalina would be a more interesting subject to go with. Hmm, maybe he should ask permission next time they have free time.

Speak of the devil, and they shall come.

Dalina walked through the doors with the same dignified grace she held since the day he first saw her. Admittedly, he had found her very attractive back when he was still alive, but he soon found out that she had that effect on every other mortal that laid their eyes upon her. Once he understood that, he's managed to reign in his own thoughts about her and he's found a rather good and interesting friend in her. Ever since leaving his mortal coil - something he doesn't know whether he should be happy or sad about - he's been able to be more at ease towards her. There was no more attraction towards her that made it uncomfortable to talk.

He grinned at her and gave her a cheerful wave. "Greetings Dalina. Long day? Want me to chase someone else out for you?" He questioned in a teasing tone. Sebastian knows how many admirers Dalina has. Being a courtesan does that. But sometimes, he knows even she needs a break. But of course, he never really did anything unless ordered to do so directly. That would be a breach of privacy, and he's done enough of that since his start of being a ghost adrift in the wind. You wouldn't believe how many times he accidentally wandered into a place he shouldn't be in. Since physical walls don't stop him anymore, it's rather hard to resist the temptation of just phasing through something and taking a peek inside.

Then came the two girls - friends, he remembered they were. His grin faltered for a moment. Sebastian wasn't exactly fond of their origin stories. While most of them were from one tragic past or another - Dalina being betrayed and him dying - theirs was by far the most tragic. Two innocent girls who were much too curious for their own good. Two innocent girls who would have been better off simply playing with makeup. Two innocent girls who just so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. And now here they were. Miss Stoker took them in mostly to keep an eye on the Mind Swallower who could take over the two girls at will - a demon of sorts. Her name was Lilith; the two girls Phoebe and Valerie. They were usually docile, but sometimes they would cry out. Sebastian heard it once. It's why he never stuck with them, ever.

"Heya Lil." He said, waving at the one with the black markings in her eyes and then turning to the other. "Valerie." Sebastian still hasn't figured out how all that crap worked, so he just stopped thinking about it. It was the girls' fault for doing something they shouldn't have. Then again, before he was introduced to the supernatural by his mother, he didn't exactly believe in any of those either. Well, this was why they were here. To prevent anyone from being encumbered by the weight of making a mistake and dealing with the supernatural and letting forces they can't control, control them.

Sebastian then silenced himself when Miss Stoker started to speak. He listened with interest and then asked for their input of who or what took those children. "Sounds like the Pied Piper doesn't it?" He said jokingly, bringing up his hands to perform how the pipe is played and then brought his hands back to his side. "In all seriousness, though, I agree that it may have been a witch." He then shrugged. Sebastian wasn't renown for his actual investigative skills, less than his physical prowess for sure. "But children are much too easily amused. It certainly could've been someone who could do basic magic tricks. I know that children would be fascinated with what psychic abilities I have. They'd follow anything that amused them somehow." He continued. He spoke from personal experience, since he appeared in front of a child and to keep him silent, Sebastian just showed the kid a few tricks and left. He was pretty sure the mother thought Sebastian was a sort of imaginary friend or something.

Church
Children.
Children were being abducting from their homes.
His hackles raised and he could feel a growl in the back of his throat. Only the most despicable creatures prey on children.
His sharp red eyes were on the black eyed girls as though directing his thoughts at the one that pulled their strings. Church didn’t even try to hide his disdain of Lilith. She was a vile creature. But, it was infinitely safer to have her work for them then free to do as she pleased. And he could only assume that what pleased her was death and destruction.
Church stood from his chair and snatched the clothes from the table with his teeth. He was ready to put in his words. He disappeared from the room and reappeared shortly after in his human form, his coat still over his arm, still buttoning his shirt.
“The reports say that there is no sign of entry or exit. No eye witnesses. For a while, they thought that the thief Arsen had changed from burglary to kidnapping, and I had a grand time convincing them otherwise,” Church said as he slipped his long coat onto his shoulders and returned to his seat. “I’ve yet to take a look at the homes myself.”
The Hellhound leaned back into his seat, absent-mindedly running his fingers along the side of his tattooed collar in thought.
“The Bogeyman is always a possibility.”

Magdalina
Dalina laughed at Sebastian’s joke, shaking her head so that her golden hair spilled across her shoulders.
“That is not necessary, Mr. Lowell, though I do appreciate the thought,” She told him as she tugged off her gloves and tossed them aside as though they hadn’t cost one of her suitors a lot of money.
The woman really liked the ghost, though really, when he was alive, it had been nearly impossible to hold a conversation with him. Now that he was of the undead sort, she found that he was very sweet and funny. She enjoyed being in his company.
The woman opened the bag at her side and retrieved a piece of candy, colorfully wrapped. But, then the girls entered the room and Dalina set the treat down. Lilith’s magic and the creature herself were disgusting. While Dalina had never done anything to hurt(physically) a mortal(on purpose), Lilith seemed to revel in it. Dalina viewed her as a vile bug. It almost made ruined her appetite. Almost.
She ate the candy anyways as Miss Stoker went on to describe their new case and the boys made their guesses as to what could be cause.
“I do not know what this crone or Bogeyman is. However, in Ukraine, there lives a creature called Babay that enjoys the punishment of naughty children. It has been known to steal away a few children to eat. Perhaps there is something of the sort here?” Dalina added, working to remove the intricate necklace at her throat.

Vampunk Vampunk Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil AI10100 AI10100 Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Cinderlily Cinderlily Shadowfall Shadowfall

Lilith listened on the possibilities as to who were kidnapping the children, she hadn't really heard as to why, which somewhat surprised her. She was surprised nobody else touched upon this, especially Church, considering his offhand investigations and research on reports taken from the scene, exactly which he stated now. Valerie's head nodded, and pushed Phoebe's head off her shoulder, who retaliated by propping her legs onto her lap. A mock annoyance passed over Valerie's face, as Lilith controlled both of these girl's every action. Valerie's body then leaned in to the table a little, her hands steepled.

"While children are the type of sort that are easily coerced, tricked, and/or harvested, it's usually somewhat pointless to gather them other than to enslave them, or use their blood for a hex or what have you. This witch clearly has something very specific that she wants to do with these children, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not to the children's benefit."

She shrugged. "Just a suggestion." She had felt the disdain from the otherwise friendly people in the room, even the ghost, who was full of jest and loyalty, disliked her. She couldn't blame him, she was easily antagonized, especially for taking possession of the two fools she had under her thrall. But, no matter. Sob stories always make the crowd feel pity for the actors. The visual hexes and black eyes were just a director's choice at this point.

"But, I suppose it could be your bogeyman after all. Children's death for the sake of children's death is always a viable strategy for these creatures that go bump in the night. Like the bogeyman, if you three want to stick to that. Still, I would keep my mind open to what possibilities it could be, and I for one, wouldn't mind if it was a sacrifice this time. Usually, sacrifices involving children can become a ball."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back