• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Nine: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.
He felt his knees buckle slightly under his mental onslaught and braced his back against the smoothly-polished wooden wall behind him. Tears rose unbidden to his eyes and he clenched his teeth. He looked into her eyes and saw she was watching him with the intensity he'd originally been watching her, only her expression was also one of deep concern. What was she thinking? Had he given her the impression that he suddenly didn't want that kind of relationship? Was she upset? Had he already screwed everything up? He straightened his back and gripped her hands, pulling them close to his chest.

"I want everything you are willing to share with me. For forever."

The last Healer on Sharseya watched her dear companion, the only silver-dragon-blooded half-elf alive, wrestle with his inner demons. She, too, was unsettled as her lifelong gift of empathy made her well aware of his intense emotions. She did not require details to see that his heart had been torn, wounded, and perhaps scarred from the darkness of his past.

"Oh, you've been hurt!" Bria moved to touch him. Her hands covered his. Her eyes looked into his as she watched his every movement, her natural gifts and learned skills combined. "Someone's hurt you," she amended with a downcast expression.

The heartfelt wounds of the past were one kind of harm that Bria knew she could not heal; only the passage of time and the willingness to come to terms could do that. But she could be here for him now. Now was the only moment she could change. Times like these, the gentle healer figured, it was best to keep things simple.

Bria looked up to Otiorin's face and smiled warmly. There was no pity in her eyes. Only warmth and gladness to have him near. And pain? The mind was the center of it. Move the mind and you move the pain, so Bria the Healer knew.

"Be careful what you ask for, mister rascal," she nuzzled his cheek. "I have quite a lot to share! See?"

As if to provide example, she stepped back and brushed her hands three times down her Ko fighting robes. Instantly they changed from their hardy white-and-browns to a silken, cream-colored dress adorned and embroidered with a few pink and red flowers. She looked soft and lovely. It was like no other dress the Averlundian half-elf had ever seen, for that style of dress did not exist in Averlund, at least not outside the monks of the Phoenix Mountain. She twirled once for him, her long brown hair and hands flew about as free as her spirit.

Bria smiled lovingly. She embraced Otiorin with all of her heart, holding him close. Otiorin felt the smoothness of her thin dress and the warmth of her own body beneath it. She whispered.

"If it were up to me, Oti, no one would ever hurt you again."

Then he felt her heavenly kiss upon his lips.

(Mood music)
"Forever Blue" by Sinatic featuring Veela on vocals. I've been waiting to post this one. Though the lyrics tell a different story than this scene, the music and singing is so very beautiful, well, it's hard not to share. =)

"In the prairie of a rose
You've got time to wonder
How your heart could never know
Just what you needed
And it's fair, I suppose
For the soul to be excluded
Feel apart and stand alone
Just like you're used to

Hunt me down and bring me closer
Drag me up and stare me down
Find the source of my defences
Lock me in as is

Finally -

Finally, the air is thicker and it lingers here for a second extra
Finally, the air is thicker when it comes
Finally, a sense of bravery escapes the lungs and it dances with me
Finally -

You've got it easy with the time you waste
Seems you're running from the system or you're saving face
Are you really moving on or are you moving away
You'd better tell us what you've always really wanted to say.
Every minute I've avoided you
I've been closer to the earth and how it heals and soothes
My triggers and my hurt are on the ocean floor
Once you get it, it won't be what you're looking for.

Something feels a little old
Just a little too familiar
Like I've done this all before, or read the story
And it's fair, I suppose,
To dismiss it, obtrusive
Feel apart and not at home
Just like I'm used to.

Finally, the air is thicker and it lingers here for a second extra
Finally, the air is thicker when it comes
Finally, a sense of bravery escapes the lungs and it dances with me"

Otiorin Taletreader
HP: 56

Spells per day(1st:2nd)/remaining(1st:2nd): 4:3

Spells available: Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sounds, Open/Close, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Gravity Bow, Shield, Summon Monster 1, Mage Armor, Ice Slick

Active effects:

Otiorin could not hope to respond to his lover's words even if his breath had not been taken away by how the dress she had changed into had simply added to the beauty of her appearance. She moved in again and wrapped her arms around him and again a woman's words cut through him like a vorpal blade, cutting him down to his very soul. But, rather than tear and rend that most fragile part of him, they instead encased it in warmth, love and a peace he had not known in all his life. Then he felt her draw nearer, gentle and warm was her breath like the breeze on a clement summer morn, the scent of her skin was a heady mix of wildflowers. The sensation of her body pulled close to his was like lightning coursing through him, the hairs on the nape of his neck stood out, even as his own arms wrapped around her slender form. He clutched her tightly, half embracing her as to a lover, half clinging to her as to a rock in a torrential flood as his emotions rushed through him. Her lips met his and his mind felt as if it had been struck by a thousand thousand hammers, his mental defenses crumbled before her loving onslaught, his every bastion wherein all the pain of his past had been pent up shattered with a single, ardent kiss. His shoulders sagged and he lost himself in the softness of Bria's lips, even as long-withheld tears rolled in fat streams down his cheeks.

It was Bonabin Meadowsweet the hobbit that made it happen. His intent was pure and innocent, to be sure, but it was his little hand that caused it all.

"A tour!" He cheered up at Luna. "What a delightful idea! You know, I could give a tour of the Adventurers' Wagon too! It doesn't take wizardly-smarts!"

With that, the little fellow zipped past Luna, Nivirea, Bren, and all - even the newly-arrived Powerpaw who had uncurled from his brief cat-nap to see what the gathering was about - and reaching up to the hallway door, he swiftly swung it wide in a proud display.

"Taa-daaaa!"

Except that the hallway to the kitchen and study was not empty...

There, against the wall were Otiorin and Bria, sharing the kind of kiss that writers dream of writing and bards across Sharseya long to tell before swooning audiences. Indeed, tear-stained Otiorin clutched glowing Bria with all of his heart while Bria, smiling, was freely in the process of giving him all of hers.

The scene of their heartwarming togetherness was nothing short of touching - a true moment of real love in a world were most things were fleeting and uncertain.

Nor did the lovers hear the door open, so lost were they in this wonderful universe they had brought to life.

Shalin, Powerpaw, and Whittle all gawked like schoolchildren. Sparkle face-palmed. From Shalin's staff came a deep, bodiless giggling.

Bonny could not guess what the whole party could be staring at and so he turned to look himself and what he saw rooted him to the spot and turned his skin pale with embarrassment.

With hobbit quickness, he grasped the door handle again and turned the knob inward so that the lock did not click and the door did not tell.

Once the door was firmly closed, he put his back to it and shakily exclaimed, "This hobbit is out of order! Uh, I mean, this door is out of order! We'll just have to start the tour at the other hallway! Oh yes!"

His head low and hands folded in apology, Bonny turned to Luna and said, "Oh, dreary me! I think I'll be leaving the future tours to those with the wizard-smarts after all!"

Bren Sarabina
Standard AC: 27
Fort save: +12
Ref save: +8
Will save: +4
Current action points: 9
Current HP: 87/87
Status effects: none
Powerpaw's tower shield +1 (-2 to attack rolls)
Spell: Speak with Animals
Speech color, for reference
Also #3399ff

Bren's words seemed to bring warmth to the motherly Felane, for Melshaef slowly and calmly blinked her eyes to Bren in the manner that cats do when they completely trust the one they are interacting with. "Were this your golden, spire-topped city of Summerset or the high, crowning mountain that Highwind sits upon, then I would not wish to go by myself. But in Shandra's Evergreen, where Mielikki has ruled since before either realm began, Melshaef of the Many Forms is swiftest alone."

She sniffed. "As for the survivors of the Three Rings... the worst has already happened to them." Melshaef revealed the ten shining orbs that held the souls of the dead whom Glider recovered. "All this druidess can do now is see them safe and provided for." Her large bag of food ready, she glanced down at Bren for his answer.

Bren smiled. "Then go, and may the Lady of the Forest watch over you and yours. We'll be here, or at least on the road, when you return." Her words did bring a reminder to him of past parties and their tendencies while left alone in certain cities, and he looked rather thoughtful as he rejoined the group.

His thoughts turned in a different direction when he saw them staring at a closed door, in front of which was Bonabin Meadowsweet with his back to it. "Is something wrong?"

Luna shakes her head, "No, there is nothing wrong, we just don't want to go down that particular hallway right now. Um, it seems that Otiorin and Bria are having . . . a moment. Together. If you know what I mean. So, we are just going to wait here for their . . . moment . . . to be done." She is a bit red in the cheeks at the sight, and feeling sad that Wolf is not there to comfort her in the way only he can.

Bren's cheeks darken a bit too, but he's smiling, happy for Bria and Otiorin. "Oh! Well. Why don't you start in the other hallway, then?"

.:|Nivirea - The Sorceress|:.

A very serious expression came over the face of the young sorceress the moment she saw beyond the open door. She couldn't help herself or pretend otherwise; she was staring. Not unlike Shalin or Powerpaw, but at the same time quite differently. Her stare was somewhere between shock and fascination, her lips slightly parted, as if she was made witness to something far more extraordinary than a simple kiss, even as uncommon as this particular one was in all its splendor. But that would have been nothing to speak of, for no one would have noticed amid their own amazement, had she not taken longer than anyone else to recover.

Indeed, it was well after the door was silently closed and well into the hobbit's apology that Nivirea suddenly became very self-conscious, registering all at once that not only was she still staring at something that could no longer be seen, but that the only one drawing attention now was she. Another girl might have blushed, but not this one, though she appeared but a step from it. Instead she turned around to face Bren and nod in agreement to his words, looking rapidly her usual collected self.

"The other hallway sounds fine," she said, eventually resting her eyes on Luna, "If a little less exciting at that."

A clever smile appeared on her face.

"Any hallway but this one, I say!" Bonny cringes and gives a red-cheeked grin. There, of course, was only one other hallway to choose from - the one that led to most everyone else's quarters.

Otiorin Taletreader

Spells available: Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sounds, Open/Close, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Gravity Bow, Shield, Summon Monster 1, Mage Armor, Ice Slick

Active effects: In Love (Lvl 20 Healer-only spell-like effect)
After what felt like an eternity in which only Bria and Otiorin existed in the entire multiverse, all encapsulated within a single kiss, Otiorin finally, reluctantly, broke free of of the embrace of his lover's lips and looked around.
"Did you hear something then?", he asked, looking around at the deserted corridor in confusion.

Bria's break from their kiss was mutually reluctant, but she did. In response to his question, she glanced around. Apparently the thought of them being anything but alone had not crossed her mind.

"Did you hear something then?"

She smiled. "Only the sound of my heart beating rapidly!"

Bren smiled. "Then go, and may the Lady of the Forest watch over you and yours. We'll be here, or at least on the road, when you return." Her words did bring a reminder to him of past parties and their tendencies while left alone in certain cities, and he looked rather thoughtful as he rejoined the group.

With a respectful bow, Melshaef of the Many Faces silently grinned. She gathered up the food she had collected in her large bag along with her shield and spear. The motherly Felane speedily made her way through the purple mists that cloaked the front door and was gone into the wilds of Shandra's Evergreen to reunite with a people that needed her as much as life itself.

*​

Though Otiorin and Bria would have stayed in that hallway preserving this first and blessed of moments forever, Fate had a different plan for them.

Bria asked. "Um, are you getting hungry?" At that very moment, her empty stomach made a gurgling sound and given the quiet in the hallway, it seemed doubly loud. She peered at her belly and said, "I wasn't asking you!" Then she grinned to Otiorin and pointed dramatically. "Oh dear! I have the tummy rumbles! There is but one place to face such a terrible monster - we must away to the kitchen!" There, hand in hand with Otiorin, they made away to that very place. Finding it empty, Bria immediately set about to sating both their hungers with fine snacks and beverages.

*​

"The other hallway sounds fine," she said, eventually resting her eyes on Luna, "If a little less exciting at that."

A clever smile appeared on her face.

The Wanderers' Wagon was an adventurer's dream.

The tour began through the hallway containing the bedrooms, each room was bedecked with such luxurious comforts as to befit a duke or even a prince. Each bedroom contained matching furniture and plush carpets alive with magnificent colors. And the beds! No creature who slept could resist such a miniature token of heaven. So comfortable were the sheets, covers, and pillows adorning them that it was hard to disengage from them every morning. The rooms, regardless of who stayed in them, were somehow very well kept. It was as if small, unobtrusive fingers had taken the time to sweep away every mess, tuck every corner, and smooth every crease.

Once Powerpaw had made certain the other hallway was clear, for Bonny had not the heart for a second try, Nivirea and Shalin discovered two doors that were, for apparently decent reasoning, barred to them - Stewart's room by way of his living there and the Study which displayed a large note written in black lettering in bold hand. It read, "Unless you are a hobbit with food, DO NOT DISTURB!" It was left unsigned.

Whittle explained. "See, Mister Stewart and Mister Glider have been in there since not long after you loves left! They be in there porin' through this manual and diggin' through that tome. Somethin' about Shamballah an' that cat goddess our lovely kitties love so much!"

"Wha?!" growled Powerpaw. "Dat's Bastet you'se talkin' abouts! What's goin' on in dere?" Curiosity grasped the Felane from the inside. He raised his furry fist to knock on the study door but Whittle intervened.

"Hold a moment, you overgrown housecat!" Powerpaw widened his eyes at Whittle's remark and bared his teeth just to show her he was anything but a housecat. The little lady did not even tremble. "Mister Stewart's words were quite clear! 'No one is to enter the study until we have gotten to the bottom of this!'"

"But my little sunblossom," Bonny tiptoed toward his wife, "the bottom of what?"

"That's scholarly business!" She planted her bare feet and crossed her arms. She stared up at Powerpaw with eyes like arrow slits.

Nonetheless, Powerpaw muttered thoughtfully and eyed the study. "Mebbe if I kick da door in real hard, dey won't blame da hobbits! Hmm!" The cat seemed to be considering this option.

(Dungeon Master here: What options do you consider and act upon now?)

Luna briefly ponders the option of letting Powerpaw kick the door in, but places a calming hand on his arm. "Be at ease, my large friend. If Glider and Stewart need their privacy, we should respect that, no matter how much we might want to go barging in there. I don't know about you, but I for one want to talk to Glider about training. I feel ready, if that makes any sense. But, we will wait, just as we should. Perhaps they will come out for a fine hobbit made meal once it is dinner time. Until then, let us go on with our tour."

Bren put a hand on the big cat's other shoulder. "You don't want to interrupt them before they've finished, Powerpaw. Wouldn't you rather hear all about whatever it is when they are ready to tell you? And besides, your mother isn't here to hear it just now. Like Luna says, let's finish the tour first, and maybe get dinner going --" he winked at the Meadowsweets "--and we'll let the scholars come out when they have a full story to tell."

The young sorceress was still far too impressed by the Adventurers Wagon itself to show particular interest in the discussion triggered by Powerpaw. She was certainly amazed ever since she took in the grand scene of the pool area, and seemed highly reluctant to leave even the first bedroom that the tour showcased. Each of the lavish sleeping chambers held her more and more captive, so it was a good thing that there weren't too many or the girl might have gotten "lost" somewhere along the way.

Now she stood in the hallway of the other wing, listening to Bren, Luna, and Whittle trying to dissuade Powerpaw from breaking and entering, but not looking eager to get into the study. "We can always come back later." she suggested, twirling a lock of black hair between her fingers. "There doesn't appear to be a shortage of rooms or hallways in this traveling wagon, as contrary as that may be to all expectations."

"You don't want to interrupt them before they've finished, Powerpaw. Wouldn't you rather hear all about whatever it is when they are ready to tell you? And besides, your mother isn't here to hear it just now. Like Luna says, let's finish the tour first, and maybe get dinner going --" he winked at the Meadowsweets "--and we'll let the scholars come out when they have a full story to tell."

"What was that?" Whittle whispered to Bonabin when Bren winked.

"That, my little dewdrop, was a hint!"

"Ooh!"

Together, they winked back to Bren. Hand in hand, the Meadowsweets scampered away toward the kitchen.

That left Powerpaw scratching his head. "Naw, Bren! I wanna hear what they wanna tell me now!" He began to impatiently and happily bounce from one foot to the other, but then Bren added his thoughts concerning Powerpaw's mother. That did it. "Uhhhhhh," he moaned in doubt. "Ya just hadda go an' bring up mom, didn'tcha?" Whiskers and tail fallen, the burly Felane turned away from the door. "Fine. Dis is why we made you leader even though you iz da new guy. On wif da tour!"

With that, Nivirea and Shalin were shown the rest of the wagon along with what was once Bilal's own opulent master bedroom and bathing area. The room had to have belonged to an extravagant showoff, for nothing else could explain how tremendously overdone the colorful luxuries were there.

Finally, the Wayward Wanderers arrived in the dining room. There, Bonny and Whittle were just putting the finishing touches on an early supper (which in the hobbit world was quite the usual thing). In moments, everyone save for Stewart and Glider were seated with either a drink or an appetizer in front of them. Bria and Otiorin were present too having been caught snacking in the kitchen when the Meadowsweets arrived.

Bria wore an unusual cream-colored robe, satin-like in its flowing beauty, and touched with embroidered pink and red flowers. It was clearly not a robe of Averlundian make. The Ko monk moved in it as easily as a person might move in a bathrobe. The peaceful healer turned to Nivirea and asked, "What do you think of our wagon, Nivirea?"

Bren Sarabina
Standard AC: 27
Fort save: +12
Ref save: +8
Will save: +4
Current action points: 9
Current HP: 87/87
Status effects: none
Powerpaw's tower shield +1 (-2 to attack rolls)
Spell: Speak with Animals
Speech color: #3399ff

Outside the library...
Bren smiled, watching the hobbits trot off. At Powerpaw's question, he shrugged sheepishly. "Because it works, I'm afraid. It also happens to be the truth. I don't want her missing out on whatever this is."

In the dining room...
Bren settled at the table with the others, drink and plateful of appetizers before him. It had been a long day, after all, and hobbits were known for their cooking! He glanced at Nivirea, interested to see how she would respond.

Last edited:

Nivirea put down her cup and nodded appreciatively to Bria. "I did expect something special from the outset, what with this being the current dwelling of a proper lord." she said, catching Bren's eyes with a subtle smile. "But the true nature of this wagon of yours by far exceeded my wildest expectations. A very fine use of sorcery if you ask me. How might you have acquired such a thing?"

Otiorin Taletreader

Active effects: In Love (Lvl 20 Healer-only spell-like effect)
Otiorin, being already sat at the table when the others arrived, gave Nivirea a crooked smile.
"We stole it, to put it simply.", he responded, "But in more detail, we were kidnapped by a pudgy merchant by the name of Bilal the Rich. He was a man known for owning a rare menagerie, but not known for being at all interested in people refusing to join said menagerie. We, with the assistance of Stewart who was Bilal's majordomo at the time, got free and managed to do away with Bilal, for the good of all the people and animals, past, present and future, that would have been pressed into his service."
He popped a sliver of honey roast pork into his mouth and chewed it appreciatively.

By the time the half-elf returned to eating Nivirea was still blinking at him with a faint measure of disbelief. She frowned and opened her mouth as if to speak, but seemed at a loss for words. Her green eyes rolled over the other Wanderers while she formulated her response. "That's not along any of the lines I expected." she finally said. "But between this and the onslaught of giants in the forest, I guess I should know better by now. You are quite an adventurous lot, aren't you? For how long has your group been around?" she asked.

Bren chuckled quietly. "A lot has been happening recently, I agree. Actually, I just joined this group a couple days ago. I'm not sure how long they were together before that." He looked questioningly at Luna and Otiorin.

The dining room was every bit the lap of luxury. A place for fine wines and finer conversations, for great feasts and simple chit-chats over desserts. The warm colors of the room deepened most people's sense of comfort while the table and chairs were of a rich splendor as to be easy to admire and enjoy. Sitting between Otiorin and Powerpaw, Bria chimed in from behind her delicious-looking bowl of vegetable soup. She drank the soup more than she used her spoon. In fact, she hardly used her spoon at all until the liquid was finished.

You are quite an adventurous lot, aren't you? For how long has your group been around?" she asked.

"
Fuzzy Goof and I haven't been part of the team for very long either."

"Yah!" In great contrast to the soft-hearted young lady, Powerpaw wildly chomped down on a pork roast. The crunching sounds of his sharp teeth cutting through the bone were easy to hear as he dug in with feline relish.

"It's really thanks to them that we were reunited!"

"Yah yah!"

"And since Bren became our leader, we have since rescued Mamapaw too!"

"Yah yah an' moar yah!" Powerpaw gulped down the meat and grinned at Bonny and Whittle. "Moar, pleeze?"

Whittle stared. "Of course! My, what an appetite! Tell me, my dear wily cat. How did you resist eating the two of us when Bilal the Rich was trying to feed us to you?"

"Dat's easy. You guyz were prisoners jus' like me. You didn't askded ta be thrown in my cage. Besides, ya hadn't done nuffin' ta make me mad." Powerpaw glanced at Nivirea. "Don't make me mad at youse. Evar. Pleeze."

"And if we had?" asked Bonny.

Powerpaw suddenly sat up straight and gulped. This was a question he was most unprepared for. "Uhhh! You haz moar honey pork moar, pleeze? Heheheh!"

Both Whittle and Bonny hopped as they realized together what Powerpaw had not said. "More honey pork coming up!" They raced off together.

"Whew!" Powerpaw put his paw against his cheek and watched them go with a relieved sigh. It was not easy to tell the truth to such innocent little creatures so undeserving of his wrath. Then he remembered that this was still a moment in history where Felane and Hobbits interacted for quite likely the first time in Sharseya. This knowledge made him unsure. He looked across the handsomely-arranged table to his fellow Wayward Wanderers and Nivirea. "Uhh, Nivi-face? You seems ta be good at knowin' when ta open yer mouth and when ta shut yer face."

He glanced back toward the kitchen to be certain his words would not be overheard by the gracious Hobbits. "Where you is from, how do dey say, 'I like youse too much to nom youse no matter how hungry I iz?'" Though his question was aimed at Nivirea, he looked around the table again searching for answers. From anyone... =)

In perhaps greater contrast to Powerpaw than even petite Bria, the girl started on her food with all the pedantries of one who had all the time in the world to commit to it. Her every move was delicate and deliberate, only her eyes moving unpredictably between the people who were speaking and those only mentioned. It wasn't until Powerpaw's question that she was given pause.

"You strike me as a most candid individual, Powerpaw. Why not simply say it like that? I'm sure they would expect nothing less." she said. "But now that you've mentioned it..." she hesitated only briefly, likely searching for the right words, "Your manner of speech is quite new to me. Is that because of your origins? Because I've noticed that it does not extend to your mother."

"Nawww..." Powerpaw waved between bites. "I haz alwayz spoken like dis. I iz just da way I iz! Moar!"

Bonny returned with another sizzling honey pork roast and a smile. Powerpaw beamed in feline delight. "Tanks, Bonny-face!"

"My pleasure, great warrior!"

Powerpaw then noticed how Nivirea was eating. A strange thought caught the cat and he looked back and forth between Luna and Nivirea, then once to Bren, then once to Shalin. The Silent Sorcerer was not eating with his hands; the utensils he was using were levitating about all by themselves. His hands were folded in rest.

But this did not distract Powerpaw. The furry warrior looked to Luna and Nivirea and asked, "Okies, so, iz it me or doez you two eat kinda... alike? Like youse went ta Nomming School or sumtin'!"

"Nomming school!" Bria piped up and looked around the table to all. "Is there really such a thing?"

Powerpaw's observation and continued glances clearly made the girl self-conscious. She seemed to relax a bit more in response, looking altogether better for it, as if she had just let go of tension that she hadn't even realized was there. Her posture and hand movements now looked less like they belonged at a royal banquet and were more suited to the present situation. She even broke a slice of bread with her fingers, but otherwise held fast to her utensils.

"Nivi-face...." she murmured, more to herself though loudly enough to be overheard. "Quite a fascinating place you come from," she said to Powerpaw, "This land of cat-folk and Bastet. I should like to hear more about it sometime, if I am fortunate enough to be allowed to travel with you for a while. You are heading for Highwind, if I understand correctly?" Her last words were directed at Bren.

"Nawww..." Powerpaw waved between bites. "I haz alwayz spoken like dis. I iz just da way I iz! Moar!"

Bonny returned with another sizzling honey pork roast and a smile. Powerpaw beamed in feline delight. "Tanks, Bonny-face!"

"My pleasure, great warrior!"

Powerpaw then noticed how Nivirea was eating. A strange thought caught the cat and he looked back and forth between Luna and Nivirea, then once to Bren, then once to Shalin. The Silent Sorcerer was not eating with his hands; the utensils he was using were levitating about all by themselves. His hands were folded in rest.

But this did not distract Powerpaw. The furry warrior looked to Luna and Nivirea and asked, "Okies, so, iz it me or doez you two eat kinda... alike? Like youse went ta Nomming School or sumtin'!"

"Nomming school!" Bria piped up and looked around the table to all. "Is there really such a thing?"
Luna gently dabs at the corner of her mouth with her napkin and smiles. "No, Nivirea and I have two very different styles of magic that we use. My old school focuses on wizardly magic, where Sorcerers such as Nivirea and Shalin tap into their powers in a very different way. I do not know as much about Sorcery as it compares to Wizardy, but I do know that a Wizard like myself must study and memorize the spells that I plan on casting for the day in the morning, while Sorcerers are more flexible, able to cast whatever spells they want so long as they have the mystic energy to do so." Then she takes a sip of her tea, and continues. "She would fit in at my old school, quite well, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back