• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Completed Chapter II: Blades in Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
ApkkJdZ.jpg

Chapter II: Blades in Motion

"There is nothing as promising as the opening of a book.
There is nothing as final as its shutting."

- Keeper Scribe Lessons, Part 4 (Thief: Deadly Shadows)​

The Sorceress' expression was indifferent, with a profound lack of pity for the shadow elf being dragged across the throne room towards her. Tortured to the point where he was barely able to stand, he was simply tossed before Ilhirel's feet. Niara followed closely behind, clad in her signature green armour with gold trims. As she came to a halt next to her kneeling compatriot, she heard him speak to her.

"Niara..." His voice was weak, the look in his eyes desperate. "Why? Why are you doing this?"

"I already told you." she replied, her tone neutral in contrast, if a bit annoyed. "I serve Ilhirel now. Have for quite some time now. You waste your breath."

Ilhirel, on the other hand, smiled. "Your life as well. Perhaps you should have followed Niara's example. She did well for herself."

The elf frowned, his eyes containing nothing but hatred. "And sided with a fallen sorceress as a traitor to my own people? Never." He looked back to the she-elf. "Niara, how could you? Don't you see? She will destroy us all!" he shouted, springing forth with what little strength he had left, but his outburst was promptly punished by one of the guards behind him. A blow to the head and a yank on the chains that bound him, and he was back in his original position.

Guessing her mistress' thoughts, Niara delivered her report. "I succeeded, despite his initial lack of cooperation."

"And?"

"The Great Library of my people in Aboran. We missed something on our first inspection. Apparently there is a hidden section underground."

"Do we still need him?"

"No." she answered, full of determination. "I learned all that we needed to know."

A devilish smile appeared on Ilhirel's face. Oddly, it did nothing to make her any less beautiful. Just more deadly. "Did you hear that, elf? According to Niara here, you've just expended your use."

Defeat dominated the elf's grey eyes. "Then kill me. You can both go to hell. My only regret is not being able to send you there myself."

"You have no idea what true hell is." said Ilhirel, her face serious all of a sudden, an odd cautious look in her eyes. "And lucky for you, you never will. Take him out and execute him." she ordered.

The elf didn't say another word after that, nor did he resist while the guards dragged him towards the exit. He shot one last look at Niara, a look of disappointment and sadness more than contempt, and then he was gone.

"Aboran it is, then. Make the preparations, and well done Niara."

The general readily bowed her head. "Yes, Mistress. Thank you."

Last edited:
A small village near Aboran, September 23rd, year 3321.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was morning, and light crept into the rooms of the inn where the fellowship had stayed for the night, in a small village close to their ultimate destination. They couldn't see much of it last night even if they wanted to. The place was empty and silent, but had begun awakening since dawn. It was now somewhere around seven o'clock and it had gotten pretty lively. Sounds of birds singing and the people outside reached even through the closed windows.

Just another day in the kingdom. Or was it?

Xenthriss

Looming over the Dwarf of the party and drooling, Xenthriss was the first to awaken. The dwarf did look absolutely delicious, perhaps with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti...

"No, not food. Must find food." The Flesh Magus grumbled to himself before wrapping himself in his cloak and making tracks with great haste for the nearby forest. The death rattle of a bear signaled that he had found his breakfast. He returned several hours later, still licking blood from his claws. By then, it seemed that the bedroom was much more lively. "Welcome to the world of the dying.".

Dina Ailsa

Dina awoke slowly, still mistaking her dim reality for a dream. What a crazy dream. She shook her head a bit and rubbed her eyes. As her motion came to a halt she realized one thing: It was real...all of it. She stumbled out of bed clumsily almost falling to the ground when her feet got in contact with the rug that covered the floor. She looked around, they were all here, elves, the dwarf, another human...wait, not all of them, that...off-putting Drakkar was missing. Dina was grateful that he wasn't here. Had he been here he would most definitely make some jokes about her clumsy steps. I really have to find something else to wear. I'll ask our host if there is a place where I can buy something decent to wear near by. She thought as she regarded herself. Dina was more than pleased with the fact that she had some gold with her. The gold seemed to had appeared out of nowhere, not that she minded. This is crazy. But there is no choice for me, this is personal. I never knew him, but She did kill my father and this is his kingdom she is planing to destroy. And I'm the only one left of the bloodline. And there are people, people I need to protect. She looked out of the window, her eyes held fear and anger, a mix rarely seen. And worst of all is that I have no idea how I should do this. Everyone will look for guidance and a leader suited to give it to them. I'm just a simple girl. She bowed her head heavily. I don't know how to serve my people as a king should.

Eltheron Delioss

Eltheron had only slept a couple hours, and had been up well before dawn, he had washed and then ensured his blades were sharpened and cleaned, he knew that too soon he would be having need for them. When Eltheron had left the confines of his room it had appeared that his fellows were still sleeping, but the Inn was just coming to life. His stomach growled as he walked down the hall towards the stairs, Food, i need food... He made his way down to the main room of the Inn and took a seat at a table, waving over one of the serving girls.

The serving girl approached and Elteron said to her, "Miss, food please, whatever you have thats hot, and tankard" Then placed a couple coins in her hand with a wink and a slight smile. Positioning another chair, Eltheron put his feet up, his back to the wall, and observed the Inn as he waited.

Laurolf Fangür

Actually, if one wished to get technical- Laurolf had been the first of the bunch to awaken, every hour or so after falling asleep all the way through the night. It was no wonder then, that out of all the Chosen, he was the grumpiest as he got out of bed, not paying attention to the others. "These bloody hume beds, are so damn uncomfortable! Too bloody soft they are!" He mumbled rather angrily, as he stood up and quickly pulled his cloak over his shoulders. "A few bloody wise words to the innkeeper, aye! They damn well should be havin' Dwarf-friendly accommodations by bloody now!" The Dwarf grumbled, as he picked up his satchel and walked out of the room- Slamming the door behind him.

Eltheron could soon hear as the Dwarf stomped downstairs, "A bloody racist ye' be bein' innkeep!" He shouted, charging to the counter behind which a rather confused looking man stood, "Where's ye' Dwarf-friendly rooms, hm!? One night I be spendin' in yer bloody bed, and now me back be aching, and me beard be itching! Do ye' have bloody fleas in these beds!? The cave of a goblin, be comfier than yer blasted inn!" Hastily, the innkeep started hushing the Dwarf, trying to calm him down and keeping him from giving the inn a bad reputation, and, after a bit of bickering- The Dwarf finally nodded, "Alrite', alrite'! Maybe if ye' be givin' me a nice meal for free, I won't be telling everyone that this be a flea-infested inn, built out of muck and orc bones, hm?" The Innkeeper nodded several times and signaled someone to bring the Dwarf food and drink, while Laurolf walked over to Eltheron's table- Sitting on the opposite side of him. "See young master elfkind, that's how ye' be gettin' breakfast, aye?" He said, winking. "These humes are so bloody worried 'bout their appearances, that ye' can occasionally put 'em to good use, hah!" Laurolf smiled as a waitress brought a plate before him, with all sorts of delicious things on it, and a full tankard too.

Eltheron Delioss

As the waitress left the table, Eltheron leaned back in his chair and tilted his head watching her go. "Aye, appearances" Eltehron replied with a grin, giving the dwarf a wink. "But Master Dwarf, mayhaps a slight bit of discretion, low key, you know?"

Eltheron leaned back towards the table, siting his elbows upon it, and his chin upon his clasped hands. "It's been years since I've been here, but i spent a lot of time in the library when I was a boy. It'll be strange to think where supposed fate has lead me, and where else it may take me." Eltheron gave a slight shrug, "If you're the type to believing in fate that is."

Dina Ailsa

As a few of her companions took off Dina decided that it's exactly what she should do as well. Her hair an angry muddle of black, eyelids still heavy but her back was straight and her face determined. She got to the main room of the Inn, the Dwarf and an elf were getting something to eat and she decided that she would get more information from the waitress than the innkeeper.

"Excuse me, do you happen to know where I can buy something nice to wear and not to expensive?" she asked after approaching the girl as she was moving back from the table where she had left food for her customers. Dina signaled at her clothes energetically. She couldn't go around saving the world in that filthy, worn out dress now could she? Dina had to become more princess-like if she was going to prove the presence of royal blood in her to anyone. "And some new shoes would be nice as well." she added, more to herself than to the waitress, but an answer to that inquiry would be nice too.

Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

Any and all philosophical rendering was rudely cut short as Henvei finally made his appearance.

"Good day, to any and to all!" Came his unnecessarily loud voice, echoing from the top of the stairs and interrupting most of anybody's thoughts. The sharp smile of the icy young man soon followed, what a show!

"I trust you have all slept well?" He asked the entire room, regardless of anybody he knew in or not. But it hardly mattered anyway; at this point, the entire room was quite familiar with him, or at least, quite familiar with the idea that he was there. Henvei was not one for subtlety, after all, and even his recent rise from a sound sleep could not, and would not, ruin his thunder. With the majestic flourish of an Asgardian noble, he arrived at the bottom of the stairs, swishing about and around the banister, and out into the main area, demanding all eyes upon himself. His demands, certainly, were not disappointed!

The finale came around, and the curtain lowered, as Henvei flopped backwards onto a table, managing somehow to land right where his companions had managed to sit themselves. "You two certainly seem like you have a plan!" He quipped, happily, turning his shark like gaze at Eltheron and Laurolf in turn.

Having apologized to the dwarf and fixed him up with a complimentary breakfast, the innkeeper passed by again with a plate full of drinks meant for another table, taking only a few moments to respectfully explain how their village was very small and his the only inn, and that after all Eldshaw was homeland to the elves and very few dwarves passed through this area in general, let alone this village or inn. He murmured another apology and went about his business.

Meanwhile, Dina was having a conversation with the waitress nearby. "Sorry, miss." she replied already turning around to pick up some drinks from the counter. "Not in our small village. The town of Aboran is just across the forest to the south, though. I'm sure you'd find everything you'd possibly need there. We do."

Henvei's performance was indeed more than noted. All eyes were on him, much like the night before when he had put up a similar show upon the group's arrival. The looks he got were ones of puzzlement and pleasant surprise. He barely got seated when the same waitress that Dina talked to came over and asked him: "What will you have, good sir?" Her tone was cheerful.

The inn's doors kept opening every now and then when customers entered or left, most coming for breakfast or a drink before they start the day's labors. The building was square shaped, with a rectangle wing for the rooms. The floor in the main room was stone, but the walls were made of wood. There were a dozen or so tables, currently half occupied, a counter with several high chairs and four windows - two facing north and two west where the entrance was. The air carried an overall pleasant smell of cooking and baking coming from the kitchen accessible through a door behind the counter. The other guests were either humans or elves, most likely locals. The place was rather nice.

Dina Ailsa

Dina thanked the waitress and moved to sit with the rest of her group. She didn't pay much attention to the chatty human who was now sitting next to her. The food looked and smelled nice. Dina never had much for breakfast if she had any at all. Not that there was never enough food to go around, she simply had no appetite for it. I should eat something, who knows when will I be able to again. She decided to order whatever her compatriot will have. She'll need her strength, she was sure of it.

Eltheron Delioss

When Henvei decided to make his great entrance atop the stairs, it was nothing overly surprising the Eltheron, he kept his himself leaned slightly over the table's edge, eating his breakfast, and sipping his ale. With a slight shake of his head Eltheron thought to himself, And to think I was suggesting subtly to this group... Between the Dwarf's outburst and the Human's vain desire for attention, Eltheron had no doubt that the whole town would be able to describe them all with ease to any who inquired.

When the Human took his seat at the table, Eltheron looked over to him, chewing, then swallowing the mouthful of food before speaking, "Relkor, was it? As it is, I have no more of a plan than what has already been laid ahead of us." Eltehron took another swig of his tankard, "I was just saying to master Fangür here, that I've spent time in this Library when I was younger, I knew my way around well at one time, we shall see how my memory serves me this time."

At that moment Dina had come to the table and taken her seat, she remained silent, either over thinking the situation or too tired to form coherent thought Eltheron assumed; some beings just weren't the morning types. Eltheron gave her a slight nod, "Sleep at all?" He asked her. If nothing else at least she wasn't drawing overt attention to herself or the group.

Dina Ailsa

"Did. I can't say it was a good night sleep though." she answered the elf, thinking of her night filled with dreams of swords, screams and blood. I have to begin memorizing their names. Dina always took her time with names, characters and their hopes, dreams.

Laurolf Fangür

Runemaster of Goliath

Fate, destiny, some diving being of omnipotent power, guiding all living beings- Laurolf wasn't much of a believer in such nonsense, though he often had said, "If we all be having a destiny, then it be nothing but a goal- The means to get there, be our's to decide" - But, he didn't really want to get into such a discussion this early in the morning, besides, with the Frosthume's flashy appearance, there really wasn't a chance for a conversation.

When Eltheron spoke of "master Fangür", Laurolf shook his head, "Please, ser Elfkind- Ye' can be calling me Laurolf. Master Fangür was me father, and I ain't much for fancy titles. The same goes fer ye' as well, ser Frosthume, milady." He said, at the end glancing towards Henvei and Dina. Laurolf then turned to Eltheron, "Say, Eltheron- How far be this library, we be heading to? If it's a long trek, I reckon we ought' to stock up on supplies, before we be leaving, hm?"

Xenthriss

Noticing that one of the serving wenches had leather straps holding her clothing in place, Xenthriss decided to amuse himself. With a snap of his fingers, the leather broke. Not waiting to see the aftermath, the Drakkar spun around and lifted a gnarled claw to order a drink. "Got any Darran Stout? A drink would go nicely with the show.".

Perhaps not all beings mature with age.

Eltheron Delioss

"Well if memory serves me, we would be just crossing through the forest forest south of this village, though, to be perfectly honest with you Laurolf... I couldn't tell you the exact distance that is, I don't suspect too far. Truth of it is, I haven't been home to Eldshaw in a long while, short maybe, by elfkind standards, but a long time none the less. Training and educating me as a boy lead to me and my father travelling to all sorts of places, and lining me up for the guild of assassins meant we spent much time in Asgard. After the empire fell, and my family was gone, I took off. Been on the move ever since." Eltheron replied to Laurolf, then finished the last of his drink. Upon slamming the tankard back down on the table, and releasing a satisfied breath, he raised an arm, and signalled over the waitress again.

He asked her politely to remove his plate, and for a refill on his beverage. Eltheron again leaned back slightly, watching the rather attractive waitress walk away from their table, and began speaking once more to Laurolf and the gathered Chosen without looking directly back to them, "Though I do agree, long distance or not, we should stock up on essential supplies before we head off from this town." Eltheron had turned back to his gathered fellows, and was sitting with his arms crossed leaning on the table's edge, "I was going to take a hike through the forest's edge a little later, see if I can't give this new power of mine some practise."

Meric King

Meric, just having woken up, walks down the stairs and joins the other chosen. "Hello, all." He then sat down and quietly listend when he heard Eltheron saying, "...we should stock up on essential supplies before we head off from this town." Meric responded, "If supplies are too much of a problem, I can hunt and gather for us all. If we need medicine, I know the herbs for most ailments and as the son of the clan leader, I know a bit of medicine as well. Though I do think we already have a healer," he says, gesturing towards Dina.

Dina Ailsa

Dina looked at the newcomer with interest. "Oh, maybe I can learn something from you. If you decide to go ahead and collect some herbs for remedies do take me with you. Given the fact that my power is connected to nature I might be of greater use that I usually am." she said and smiled. Now that the elf mentioned it, Dina also wanted to give her powers a go. I wonder how do I activate it. Maybe I can do something from here. And with that thought she closed her eyes. She concentrated on the walls of the building and beyond, she tried to call out to nature surrounding this creation of men. She pictured grass, and trees, and weeds in her mind, trying to reach them mentally. In the end she concentrated on one specific plant. Acorn.

Eltheron Delioss

Eltheron was once more leaning back in his chair as the waitress brought him his drink, he thanked her politely and gave her a wink. He then plopped back down in his chair, taking a sip of his drink then setting it upon the table. "Well, personally, I think we should make our entry into Aboran during the night, less prying eyes at night time, it shouldnt be too far from here, so if we head out from here after nightfall we could make Aboran well before morning, and find this Library. If we're going to be skulking around a library for a secret section, it may be best to do so on a more private visit." Eltheron took another drink, "as for this lovely day thats just dawned, I'd say a little exercise could do me well, Dina, Meric, if you two are going to go flower picking, I'll tag along, like I said, would like to test out this power I've received."

During her focus Dina could feel nature around her, a strange feeling that grew in intensity until she concentrated specifically on an acorn. It was like being able to sense a crowd of people, but feel individuals in the mass. Blurred pictures of oak trees wavered in her mind, drawing her southwards, though she never stopped being aware of all the other plant life at the same time. It proved difficult to hold on to the symbol of the acorn, but if she tried harder it was possible. It felt good. It felt right. Her eyes closed like that, it was like being surrounded in the familiar safe darkness of her own mind, surrounded with well-known thoughts and some she didn't even know were there before.

Xenthriss

Xenthriss sipped at his liquor when it arrived, enjoying the burn and the distraction from things not being actively torched or killed. With a sigh at the other adventurer's lack of will to simply pillage this village, the Drakkar took a table-knife in hand and idly began to play five-finger fillet. The sound of the knife's tip thudding against the table repetitively echoed throughout the bar accompanied by the sound of Xenthriss' voice. "One-Two-One-Three-One-Four-One-Five-One-Six-Two-Six-Three-Six...".

Dina Ailsa

This is in fact quite simple. And relaxing. Dina smiled unconsciously before opening her eyes. "I think that a daytime visit would invoke less suspicion. A group as interesting as our is visiting a local Library and lurking around must be quite uncommon. Also, there must be guards or scholars keeping an eye on it during the night. As I understood it, this Library contains almost ancient books, scrolls, etc. Some are sure to be valuable and worth stealing." she said ignoring the Drakkar.

Eltheron Delioss

Eltheron leaned back in his chair once more, sipping his drink, "Aye, I'm sure there would be. But there'd be far fewer roaming eyes at night, fewer eyes on the streets too. But if your highness insists, then i suppose a day light visit it is." Eltheron tipped back his tankard, his eyes searching the Inn for that pretty little waitress again.

Dina Ailsa

Your highness will poison you. I was merely suggesting. She didn't like being called that or "milady". To Dina's ears that words sounded like mockery, which they really were most of the time. "Dina." she corrected him and turned to face the rest of the group. "Any thoughts concerning the matter at hand?"

Xenthriss

"I think," Xenthriss began, slamming the knife down through his claw and the table "that I just want to get the information we need, then torch the place.". He grinned before continuing "As for the matter at hand; I believe that it is metal. Silver, to be precise. Hasn't been sharpened for about a month, Heir to the Slave Empire.". His words were a sword edged in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back