• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Completed Chapter I: The Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dina Ailsa

"How about we get some rest first? There is a long and hard road ahead of us." Dina hoped for a positive answer. She was ready to leave this place and sleep a few hours.

Eltheron Delioss

It seemed the meeting was coming to a close, but they now had a destination; Aboran and the Great Library of his peoples. Eltheron knew the place, though not well, for it had been many years since he had ventured to that city. But once, long ago, Eltheron had been lead there by his father, Arturus. His father had always insisted that his mind be as strong as his sword arm, and as such had made sure to educate the young Eltheron as best as he could. What better font of knowledge than the Great Library?

Dina made a valid point, a little rest could do the group well, it served no one well to be rushed into travel. "I've been to the Great Library, as a young child, I believe I can still find the way if no one else can. Though I have no idea where exactly we are now, but I do agree we should take a couple hours rest, and collect ourselves before we set out."

Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

Telling Henvei to head to the library was similar to telling a small child to head for the cookies. Any good scholar, after all, would have heard of the place, and Henvei was no exception, given his particular affinity for great books. Heh. Books. "A splendid idea, I daresay." He declared, happily, the giddy glee leaking through his voice somewhat. "What better place to look....ah, but our hosts have said it already. Let us collect our wits and set off at once!" Henvei had no intention of stopping for anything; it had taken a great deal of traveling just to get here already, and Henvei did his best to travel light and fast, always ready to move again. "Of course...it might take some time for such a task to be completed..." Henvei trailed off, the excitement dimming in the prospect of waiting for these...ah, good folk, to collect themselves.

Ah well. A cup of tea and a moment of silence does the body good. No need to get too excited, especially not in front of everybody.

Meric King

"I have heard of the library, but have never been. But, I do not feel we should go right away. We do not know how these new found powers have effected us. I propose we stay and expirement with the Council's gift before we head to the Library." Meric was eager to find out what he could do with the Sword, now. It felt as though he could pick up anything and use it skillfuly, and he wanted to expirement with that. He turned towards the Council, and bowed very low, showing his respect, "The King tribe, while small, is in your debt forever, Council of Immortals. The King tribe shall not forget the kindness, and when the King's numbers grow beyond me, we shall pay you back."

Xenthriss

A sick grin spreading across it's maw, Xenthriss stepped over to Dina and ran the side of a serrated claw across her cheek. "Of course, your highness. Perhaps you'd like some flowers too?" He mocked, pulling his claw away and turning his back. A flash of color from his eyes preceded a chilling offer.

"I am the Lord of Flesh. Bones and Marrow weave to my whim, Skin is as a tapestry to me. If there are any of you who are weak of body, I can strengthen you... at a cost. The mind is a slave to the meat, alterations will cause you untold pain... and may damage your sanity. However, the price is more than enough for increased odds of survival... I believe you will find.".

Eltheron Delioss

"I know well of who and what you are fleshmancer. I have heard the tales about the fearsome Stillborn Drakkar Blood Mage." the last words uttered with an angered edge, as he eyed the creature's robe. "I've heard your tales Creature, and I'd welcome death before I'd wield your evil magicks. I suffer your presence now because apparently we need you, I suppose we shall see." Eltheron's glare was heavy set upon Xenthriss, he held no love for this creature, hardly any regard. Though he would not admit it, he knew the power the creature held, and knew they more likely than not, would need his help in this endeavour. Some Evils were greater than others.

Xenthriss

"Touching... your flattery is not lost on me. I did not offer you the power of all Flesh, only your own." The behemoth spoke, walking over to Eltheron. The claws and fangs sewn into the hem of his robe screeching as they scraped across the stone. Xenthriss' fangs were bared in a parody of a grin as he stood before Eltheron, crouching down to be at eye level. Raising an arm to display it to the elf, he spoke "I will make the same deal with you as the Dwarf. Spill blood and I will teach you...". He broke off his speech with a loud snapping noise as his arm began to move. The fingers elongated and the flesh became elastic, scales standing on end, claws curving wickedly as the bone pierce the palm in a massive spike. "To master both yourself... and others. There is no... evil in the art. If you look for evil, you have found only the user. To call my magic evil, is like calling death evil. While a dark part of existence, they see their uses for both good and for evil. Evil and Good are perspective, you will in the coming days no doubt murder hundreds. You fight for your cause, making this good in your eyes. To them, you will be monsters slaying their brethren who only fight in what they believe in.". Standing, Xenthriss returned his arm to it's original state and walked away.

"I grow tired of waiting. Place us where we can rest, your damp, dark cavern may appeal to the elves and dwarf... but I am Drakkar, a being of the sands and mountains."

"Justify your existence however you like creature, but I won't need your foul magicks to complete this journey." Eltheron turns his back to the beast, walking across to the other side of their little rock, and raiss his hood. "The creature does make a valid point though" Eltheron says to the Spectrals, "I believe it is time for us to depart this place, when do we leave?"

Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

This was entertaining.

To think that the conversation had fallen to the mere discussion of good and evil! Morals. Morals! After such an occasion, after such a blessing, the party would see fit to discuss such talk?

"Magic truly is a neutral art." Turning his own, slightly less pointy teeth at Xenthriss, Henvei blessed him with a wink and a grin. "Your skills are truly unique...something that any scholar, such as myself, would relish to study, to understand! Ignore such talk of morals...I am pleased that your abilities are in such close proximity to my own!"

Slaughter and destruction? A fair price. Henvei could seen no problems in procuring these for his latest prospective customer. Flicking his own palm upwards, Henvei brought to life a small spark of flame, just enough to light his own face and that of his comrades. "I agree with our...friend. Shall we?"

Laurolf Fangür

Laurolf glanced at the Drakkar, "Deal? We be making no deal, ser Drakekind. I've no need or wish, for yer teachings. And young master Frosthume," He then turned to Henvei, "Do ye' wish our large friend here, won't be eating ye' for snack, by so trying to appear as an equal? For trust me, if I be knowing anything, it is that none of us can compete with the power of an ancient being, even with the gifts of the specters." Laurolf shook his head, "Alrite', have all of ye' babbled on about trivial things for long enough now? Shall we finally leave this place?"

"We will now send you on your way." said the first specter. "When the fire fades you will find yourselves in a small village close to your destination. We advise you spend the night there."

And then the third specter finished it: "This Council meeting is adjourned."

At that moment the low ring of blue fire surrounding the rock they stood on in the middle of the dark sea started growing. Not just upwards, but inwards as well. Almost all at the same time, the Chosen were caught in the blue flames. It felt slightly cold as they were devoured and the fire made it impossible to see anything beyond the flames themselves. There were no specters, no dark waters, not even the darkness.

When the flames subsided, as promised, the company found themselves on a small hill overlooking a village. The Shadow Elves immediately recognized the area as their homeland, Eldshaw. It was well into the night, and they made their way to the local inn where they rented a few rooms. Somehow their purses contained more gold than any of them remembered, and the Drakkar found a dark colored cape at hand.

There were no events worthy of telling that night, but as it turned out the next day was full of surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back