• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Completed Chapter I: The Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
S07eSDL.jpg

Chapter I: The Chosen

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

- J.R.R. Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings)​

The sky was fiery over Alicante and the sun was setting. Bathed in red light, the throne room returned a dreadful feel, especially with the demonic soldiers that lined its walls. Things had changed in the capital city, now the seat of a different power than it once was. She brought that change, sweeping through the kingdom like a plague with her armies, leaving little besides death and destruction in her wake. She had it all; the throne, the kingdom, the wealth and the influence. And she had the person who was kneeling before her, as well.

"Rise." said the Sorceress, her voice tired but determined.

The white-haired shadow elf woman clad in green, gold-trimmed armour rose to her feet as commanded. "Forgive me, but there is yet more..." she began, respectfully.

"No." the Sorceress interrupted her, standing up from the throne. She wore her usual robes, dark red with golden runes embroidered into the material. "I am not interested in more. I have had enough of this wretched kingdom's problems for today."

"As you wish." replied the other woman, obviously waiting to be dismissed.

"As I wish." she slowly repeated, for a moment lost in thoughts. She looked nothing like a tyrant, nothing like a cruel invader who had forced an entire kingdom into submission. She was just a girl, too young and beautiful to possibly be anything of the kind. The last light of day painted her blonde hair golden. She looked back at the she-elf, studying her for a few seconds, and then began walking towards her, speaking as she went. "Tell me, Niara," for that was her name, "Am I not your mistress?"

There was a glint of anxiousness in Niara's eyes as she answered. "You are the only mistress that I have. That I would ever want to have."

Even though the answer was predictable, the Sorceress felt so pleased that she couldn't hold back the wide, honest smile that appeared on her lips. She was now standing right in front of the elf maiden and had to look slightly up for the difference in height. Looking into Niara's grey eyes, she asked: "And do you not love me?"

The question left Niara bewildered. She nearly stammered as she rushed to reassure her mistress. "I love you with all my heart and soul."

"And you would do anything for me, wouldn't you?"

The she-elf's heart started beating faster. Shivers ran along her spine. "Anything." she said, realizing she'd been holding her breath. "I would do anything for you."

"Convince me." said the Sorceress as she took one final step towards her, until there was barely anything between them. "Say my name, Niara."

Trembling, she did. "Ilhirel."

Her lips still drawn into a smile, Ilhirel leaned in and kissed her. It was a slow, passionate kiss. The kind that has the power to take you to far, far off places.

Last edited:
The once proud and mighty kingdom of Asgard lay in ruins, and the world at the brink of destruction was almost out of heroes. Almost. But there was still a chance, one last hope, an attempt as desperate as it was impossible. It would take everything and much more, but there it was, a flame in the dark, the literal blue fire in the blackness of the underground dome as the Council willed its plan into action. It summoned its Chosen.

Six different beings from different parts of the world, each extraordinary in its own way, drawn together by the powers that would send them on a quest to save the world. It mattered not where they were merely moments ago, or what they were doing, for they were here now, all six of them, two Humans, two Shadow Elves, a Dwarf and a Drakkar, standing before the forces few had ever heard of and fewer still knew the truth about.

They appeared forming a circle, a few meters away from each other, on a flat rock in the middle of a dark sea just big enough to hold them. A low ring of blue fire burned around the edge of the island, and it was the only source of light, casting strange shadows on the faces of the six beings. And then the spirits came. As white balls of light leaving a fading trace they flew all around the dark underground cavern that was evidently huge, its natural stone walls visible now and then far off in the distance when a spirit would fly close to them. Then came three large spirits in the shapes of faces with gaping mouths, unattributable to any known race. They hovered up and in front of the gathered beings, and when one of them spoke, his voice was deep and ancient, and he spoke slowly. Save from hovering like a mist in place, his mouth did not move but remained gaping.

"Welcome, Chosen, before the Spectral Council."

The silence until the first of them replied was hindered only by the sounds of water around them.

Last edited:
Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen felt quite pleased with himself.

And why not be pleased? This was certainly the most extraordinary of circumstance. Why, the mere mention of it made his spine tingle with excitement. How fascinating! How intriguing! How appetizing! To be summoned in such circumstance, and brought before such...well, a businessman must not be picky with whom he deals. Was that not the saying? That had been his first thought, anyways. Now, however, the utter awe-inducing wonder of the situation brought a much larger symphony of disconnected ideas to his mind.

The pleasure is all mine, my dear...gentlemen.” Henvei was the first to speak, sweeping into a long, low bow that marked the gentry of his people. A toothy grin quickly replaced the sweeping of hair as he returned to a standing position, certainly looking the part a man pleased to find himself where he was. And why not? The cycle of adjectives repeated itself, and Henvei stood silently for a few moments as he contained the verbal revelries within the depths of his internal dictionary.

I must say, the circumstance of this meeting is more than extraordinary. I am impressed, my good....ah, men?” Henvei was careful to layer on the sophistication, holding himself as tall and poised as possible. This was all very odd. Very very odd. But a gentleman could not let that stop his show, no, no, not at all. To let this deal, the likes of which would surely never come again, be ruined by a mere case of the unsure nerve or shaky signature? Out of the question. Nevertheless, this was all very odd. Very, very odd. Was this some sort of vindication? A divine mandate, struck from the mouths of the gods themselves, to punish unknown crimes? Henvei was beginning to feel quite hot in his traditional dress robes, his apprehension about the meeting blossoming into full-fledged fear.

I must say, I am curious as to the indication of this meeting. What great puzzle piece do I...ah. We. What are your intentions for us, and my compatriots?” Well, now this changed things. More than one, me, we, us, them. What great criminals were these? All savage, barbaric folk, no doubt. Ah, the company of a gentleman. Henvei laughed quietly at his own joke. This meeting was obviously a setup. The magical showmanship, merely a distraction, until the time of vindication should come, and the ruling, delivered from the swift hammer of justice. It was all so clear!

No, no, the Chosen. Chosen! So spoke the gods, with a capital! Such marvelous emphasis could only describe the trappings of great men...and women. Ah, indeed the company of the gentleman! Henvei adjusted the neck of his robe, letting some of the metaphorical steam now building up around his person escape. Great men and women. Of course. Yes. That must have been it. Ahaha! Surely, such great...individuals would have heard of his work. True, he had not been as careful as his predecessor with the secrecy of his work. To think of the fantastic tales now sweeping the countryside! Surely these great individuals would have heard of his great works.

“Nevertheless, I am honored that you have Chosen us for your designs.” He concluded, again feeling relaxed. How silly, to think that this was some punishment. The Frigid Folk swept himself into another low bow, the grandiose theatrics making quite the show. Business as usual, and the businessman is the man for business! Better to make the first impression...than to be left in the dust.

Dina Ailsa

Chosen? Spectral council? More about which I had not known my whole life I suppose. Dina stood where she did, among the 5 others who seemed to be Chosen as well. She observed the large spirits who approached them. Never in her life she saw something like this. And 'this' included not only the Spectrals but the whole set up. Dina was grateful that none of injured rebels sought her help today. I wouldn't be able to help them now. She regarded everyone around her with a stroke of curiosity and self-consciously gazed at herself last. Her simple flax dress was at places covered with dirt for she had been working in the garden just before she found herself here. By what means, she did not know. Annoyed at her position she gave a little sigh and proceeded to hold herself as gracefully as she could. She had little time to process the death of her mother, the truth about her father and even more confusing and strange things were flowing her way. Such as this. Dina found herself torn by grief on the inside but constantly thrown at new occurrences she needed to adapt herself too. She had no time to deal with her inner state, no time for tears, no time for weakness. There were people who needed her to be calm, needed her to help them. People who sought recovery and rest. But what about me? The thought probed at her mind, but the distraction presented itself. Dina watched as one of the present spoke. He held himself straight, proud and seemed comfortable with this situation, even pleased. In his little speech Dina didn't catch his name. I bet there will be enough time for that. Yes, in her grief and confusion Dina fell prey to bitterness. She tried not to think about it and concentrate on the matter at hand. Should I say something too? she wondered but knew she had nothing to say, nothing appropriate that is, so she kept her quiet and waited to see what will come out of this.

Xenthriss

Growling in agitation as it watched the spirits, an absolutely immense figure towered over the others present. It's visible, scaly hide glistened with blood as it sheathed a sword as massive as a man across it's back. "You... I know you" It growled, spreading ripped wings to the sky. "Unless... you have... a sacrifice... of blood... I am chosen... by no... entity... regardless of... power." The behemoth continued in it's grating, constantly fluxuating voice "Unless these... here... are my... payment... I suggest... you hurry... and find it...". A gust of wind caused the entity's robes to flutter, dragging the hem along the stone and unleashing an ungodly screeching. "One does... not keep the... lord of... flesh... waiting.".

The Lord of Flesh... Anyone who had wandered the lands of the Drakkar for long would know who had gained that title from the public; Xenthriss. The entity was neigh-legendary in those parts as an unstoppable killing machine that wielded magic unseen by any race until his appearance. If he was here, then something was truly wrong.

Laurolf Fangür

Unnoticed by the others, there sat a short figure on a rock leaning against the cavern's wall. This being had sat there quietly, only the light scent of "Töllweed" from his wooden pipe, being any indication of his presence. Now, however, he lowered his hood just enough to unveil his face as he spoke- "Pardon me, ser 'Drakekind', but I've nay intention of being yer' sacrifice, hm?" He spoke with a strong Dwarven accent, that an expert could easily recognize as Knalgan, though none of the ones gathered here, seemed well-educated enough to know the difference. The Dwarf blew out smoke in the shape of a hollow ring. "Now, I cannot be speakin' for others, but I reckon none of us be desirin' to be eaten by a Drakarr, aye?" There was no sense of fear in the Dwarf's voice, even though he was addressing a creature as ghastly and terrifying as the Drakarr before him.

Dina Ailsa

Dina shivered with fear as the Drakkar demanded a sacrifice of blood. She hardly heard the dwarf who spoke, objecting. One gets a different impression about this kind when it's based on an individual wounded and pleading for refuge. For whatever might be the cause of this meeting, Dina was not willing to stay around and be sacrificed to some Lord of Flesh. She took a shaky step back, her eyes still on the Drakkar. Suddenly she remembered that she didn't know the way out of this place and that another step behind her were burning blue flames. How did this happen? Why do I have to be here? Was I chosen because of my blood? and as she thought about it the same blood seemed to burn with hidden strength and a stroke of pride. No, she won't run away. She regained her posture and shot the Drakkar with an angry look. I will not go along with this.

The three spectral entities did not seem to display emotion in any way. Utterly neutral, the second one spoke to address the Drakkar. His voice was similar to the first one's, but yet slightly different in pitch, and he spoke more quickly.

"There is no blood to be had in this ancient place, mortal, save for your own. This Council did not bring you here to revel in mindless slaughter, like you have over the long years of your life in the desert."

The spirits were apparently well informed.

"This meeting holds a purpose greater than any of you could ever hope to achieve."

"But you will have to,"

added the third specter through his gaping mouth.

"for you are the last hope of this world at the brink of destruction."

His voice was more like the first one's, but even deeper though not as slow.

"Do you know of what this Council speaks?"

Any being of Asgard, and now perhaps even beyond, could imagine only one thing that the Spectral Council could imply to. One person. However, no one knew her ulterior motives. Why would they even assume there to be any, when to most people killing and acquiring power were good enough rewards on their own?

Meric King

Meric scoffed at the Drakekind when he heard him ask for sacrifices, and with a thick, accented voice of the Shadow Elves of the King tribe, he mocked

"You must be very weak to need the blood of others to strengthen yourself. Why were you chosen when you are so weak, Drakekind? Maybe it's because they took pity on you? No matter, i'll protect you when the time comes for battle,"

Meric smiled widly, showing sharp teeth, and looked toward the Council,

"You speak of the bitch Ilhirel, do you not? I have wanted to kill her for some time now," He glanced around the room, looking over with a keen eye the other people that the council had 'chosen'. He saw a weak Drakekind, a scared human, a short dwarf, another Shadow Elf like himself, and an odd human. He wondered if they were weak like the Drakekind, but dismissed that immediately, thinking that the council would surely only make one mistake with who they picked. He sighed, then looked back at the Council, waiting for their response.

Laurolf Fangür

"Well, aren't we an eager little elf, hm?" The Dwarf said, with a faint chuckle, "So eager to be challengin' the Sorceress, and yet so eager to die at the hands of the dreadful, "Lord o' Flesh", eh?" Laurolf knew exactly who the Drakarr was, as Runemaster of Goliath, it was his job to know of such things, however based on drunken rumors of faraway travelers, they might've been. He looked at the Shadow Elf, then at the Drakarr and then the Dwarf's eyes were directed at the spirits. "But, I find meself agreein' with ser Elfkind. Ye' be no doubt speakin' of the Sorceress, Ilhirel. Feared ruler o' Asgard and a master of demons, with a whole bunch of other dramatized titles.." The Dwarf put out his pipe, wrapped it into a piece of cloth and put it into the satchel hanging on his side. Holstered on his back, was a large war axe- even ridiculously so according to some, as the axe was almost the size of the Dwarf himself. Yet, he maintained a perfect balance and it was like the axe weighed less than a feather. "Now, I'd love to splice that lass' skull open, as much as any Dwarf- But I must be askin', save for our Drakekind friend here, what are ye' be hopin' a group of mortals- as it were- could do about Ilhirel?"

Henvei could see that this was getting out of hand, and fast. To have thought that these...ah, individuals, would be proper company for a gentleman, or a scholar? Gods forbid, both! Ah, no no no, it was out of the question.

They were ruining it! All of it! No, this was unacceptable! Such a deal, such an agreement, such a company would never come into being for the rest of existence, and here they were, squabbling about blood sacrifice! To think of the payoff! To have it torn away by bad company! "I Agree!" He said, louder than necessary, "Let us turn our focus to the matters of this transaction. My...friends," And Henvei strangled the word 'friends' a bit, "I would have the gentleman's opinion on the matter." For this entire speech, he had face the spirits, but now, he turned around, and with a face somewhat like a rabid badger, hissed quietly, "Have a little tact!"

Back to the spirits. Quickly! Do not lose focus! Focus! "Gentlemen...it is easy to guess what great purpose you have called us here for. Yet, woe to the one who places his bets on a whim! Please, share with us your divine mandate, for which we are honored to be chosen." Henvei flipped a look behind him now, snapping with his pointed teeth, although the gesture was lost on the lack of other Frigid Folk in the room.

If any of the three Council specters were pleased at the given answers, they didn't show it. Or if they did, it was hard to tell. The second spirit spoke next.

"The Sorceress Ilhirel is indeed the reason why this Council has summoned you here."

The first spirit with the deep and slowest voice continued from there.

"We watched as she tore Asgard apart, defiled the land and slew its people. We watched as she took the throne and ruled these past three years with an iron fist over what survived. But we have come to learn that this was never her ultimate desire. The truth proved far worse than we ever imagined. We can no longer watch and do nothing."

"Ilhirel intends to destroy this world."

said the third spirit with the deepest voice.

"This Council intends for you to stop her."

The spirits just hovered there, their massive faces of white mist with gaping mouths silent after having delivered the truth to their Chosen.

Eltheron Delioss

Up 'till this point Eltheron had remained silent, he was taking this all in. Moments ago he had been wandering a path in the Fangir mountains, suddenly he was whisked away through the materium to stand before these, entities, these Specters of the Spectral Council. He had heard the hushed murmurs about the Spectral Council before, but he always assumed it to be superstition, tales mothers told to keep their young in check. Now he knew differently. He took measure of the others gathered before him, his supposed comrades.

He looked them over, each in turn, taking in what he saw, the most obvious to behold was the Drakkar. Massive in comparison to the rest, and blood hungry, demanding sacrifice the moment it opened it's mouth, a disgusting creature.

The others assembled were a dwarf, a fellow Shadow Elf, and a pair of Humans, one male, one female. The female seemed frail, timid, like she was both scared and unsure, but he knew better than to judge solely on appearance. The Human male seemed... off, somehow. He couldn't quite tell what it was, but there was something. As for the Dwarf and Shadow Elf, both seemed confident, perhaps a little overly confident on the Elf's behalf, but until combat came upon them, Eltheron would keep all judgments in reserve.

His attention was now returned to the Specters.

"Stop her." Eltheron echoed with a suppressed laughed. "You sit back, doing nothing as she destroys an entire nation, untold thousands slaughtered by her hordes, and only now you wish her stopped? And we - Eltheron motions to the others with his arms - are your chosen champions...? 6 mortals against a demonic horde of unknown number. What changed Specter, why do you care now?"

Dina Ailsa

The dwarf was asking just the right questions, questions that she wanted answered as well. She shifted her focus to the last two for they were sharing their words with them now.

"Surely we won't be going against her army. There is a plan, is there not?" she spoke for the first time, regarding the Spectrals. Dina grew more relaxed, accepting the whole situation, trusting her fate to the Spectrals. She was used to going along with tasks and used to be lead. It came natural to her. There will be time when she'll have to take the lead if she was anything like her father. But that time was still distant to her.

"And why are we the ones you have chosen for this?" she couldn't help asking. They were chosen for a suicide mission, Dina knew that.

Xenthriss

Hissing at the elf who had insulted him before spinning to face the dwarf, Xenthriss' fangs were bared. "Little... warm-flesh... it is rare that... I agree with one... of your kind... but brained elves... would deeply amuse... me." The Drakkar spoke in a low growl. Turning back to face the simpleton apparitions that had dared to pull him from his slaughter, Xenthriss responded "Sounds like... my kind of... woman. However... no world... means no corpses... and no... cultists. If this... woman has... soldiers... they will be... an apt substitute... for... civilians.". The monster drew it's immense sword and began wipe off the caked-on blood. "I do this for... blood... remember I am... not your ally. Once this... is over... I will return to... my culling of... the weak.". Well, at least it was kinda on your side.

"We did what we could." said the first specter in response to the elf. "We were the true power behind Asgard's might. Its line of kings has always been advised by this Council, and there has been assistance in other ways as well."

The second specter took it from there. "Evidently, it was not enough. Aside from commanding a vast demonic army, the Sorceress holds great power herself, one which is not of this world. It was sad, but not surprising, when her influence brought her support of many corrupted, misled Asgardians." The answers were being revealed slowly, but it was unlikely that these specters could be persuaded to hasten. After a brief pause he continued. "If we had dedicated ourselves completely to resist Ilhirel, our efforts would have amounted to nothing. Instead, what remained of this Council's power was preserved, as you see before you, until such a time came that there was a force strong enough to stand a chance against the enemy."

"But that did not happen." said the third specter abruptly. "In these three years there have been rebellions and resistances, but none showed promise. Still we waited. We would have waited for an eternity, had we not learned of the Sorceress' true desires. We knew that the time to act had come."

There was silence for a while, only the sound of water splashing against the rock they stood on. Spirit wisps flew around in arcs of trailing, fading white light. They seemed to fly everywhere at some point but they never got near the middle of the cavern where the Council spoke to its Chosen. The second specter broke the silence just before anyone else could, and his words were directed at the black haired human girl.

"It is odd that you are the one to ask us why you were the ones to be chosen." He spoke more quickly than the other ones, though still relatively slow. "You who are instrumental for the task at hand, lost child of Asgard." This was undoubtedly puzzling for everyone present. How could this human girl be instrumental in bringing down the most powerful force in the world? She who is the weakest of them all? After the specter's words Dina could feel all eyes on her.

Dina Ailsa

Dina blinked, confused. She somehow knew that they knew of her blood but was still surprised. How could I be the instrument in this...

"I posses no great power. I never was anything special though I have some knowledge of herbs that could help the injured or sick. I've never used a sword or any other weapon. If I am the one who is unexpendable for the task to be carried out.... I believe anyone present stands a better chance of survival than I." she continued her thought out loud. There must be someone else suited for this. Maybe some of my half-brothers or sisters are still alive. Dina hoped, this was to big for her.

"You are the only living descendant of the royal bloodline." the second spirit said as a matter of fact. "You are heir to the throne of Asgard. Every being loyal to the kingdom, you can rally to your side. They all owe you allegiance. This is why it is imperative that you do not fall into Ilhirel's hands."

"With your death," added the first specter, "The royal line that has gone unbroken since the dawn of the First Age would be ended. Even if the Sorceress was defeated and the world saved, Asgard would be torn by conflict over the throne."

The second specter continued where he had left off. "This Council sets two tasks for its Chosen. You must not only stop Ilhirel from destroying the world, but you must also defeat her. And for that you will need an army. What better way to raise an army than to have them rally under the banner of their queen? Every soul loyal to Asgard, from common bandits and rebels to survivors of the royal army will stand by your side."

Dina Ailsa

There's no other...

Dina opened and closed her mouth a few times but found no words worth sharing.

Though a queen. There is a nice ring to it. she was trying to make herself feel better. This was huge. She felt herself blush, eyes of the present were glued to her after all.

Royalty. Royalty. Power and fame. Money and riches. Work with this. Use it. Take back the discussion!

"My dear...I had no idea!" Henvei turned his singular attention to Dina, gracing her with the same low bow and sweeping gestures that had marked his first show of reverence. "Forgive me, but it is an honor to be in such a presence."

Unsure. Scared. Speechless. But what of the reward! Take no quarter!

"Gentlemen...Lady...My fellow Dwarves, Elves, Drakkar..." Began Henvei, grandly, "I think I speak for all of us, when I say, that such a task is far too honorable for the likes of mere mortals as ourselves...yet, gladly do we take this mantle, and with great humility do we go forth on this quest. Though our service may be small, our devotion is endless, and our efforts, insurmountable." Ugh. This was getting far too flashy for Henvei's likes. At least the monster knew how to get down to the point and ask for a reward.

"I think it is foolish to argue against such a plan," He continued, confidently smiling, and throwing Xenthriss a handkerchief for his sword, "And foolish still to think we command a superior strategy! I place myself at the service of our benefactors...and our lady." And here, Henvei firmly sat himself down on one knee, in reverence to the aforementioned superiors. He threw a sly glance at Dina, as if to say, 'Well? Do you like it?'​

Dina Ailsa

Dina found herself thorn from her thoughts by the sudden burst of words coming from a bowing figure. She felt a little annoyed when the man decided to speak for all of them.

"I think it is foolish to argue against such a plan" like I have any choice at all. There is no other, this is my duty.

Dina regarded that...communicative individual who was now looking at her kneeling on one knee. She had to admit that she valued quiet ones more. "Quiet water molds the stone" her mother used to say. She felt her blush deepen despite herself. With no clue how to act Dina turned her attention back to Spectrals assuming that there was more to be said for the task had been lain in front of them but there was no actual plan of action. Oh but there is a plan. You will gather everyone under your banner and lead them to death. Good thing no one sane would believe that you are of noble blood.

"This Council is aware of your concerns." said the first specter as if reading their thoughts. "But though the Chosen will face overwhelming odds, you are not without hope. We will offer assistance as much as we can. You will stand a chance. Beyond that, it will depend entirely on you."

Then the third specter spoke again. "The Sorceress needs but one thing to achieve her goal. She needs the Amaranth. Even now she is searching for it. You must find it before she does, else all will be lost. This world will be undone. The search for the Amaranth is your primary task."

No one present had ever heard of the Amaranth before, or had any idea what it could be. The group needed some answers still, and luckily it seemed that the Spectral Council held some.

Laurolf Fangür

"Hah!" The Dwarf chuckled, looking at the frigid human. "Speak for yerself, Frosthume, but I've no devotion to a human queen!" He shook his head and crossed his arms, "Me only allegiance, be to the Rune Court of Knalga and the only King or Queen that I'll be bowin' me head to, is that of the Dwarves!" He now looked at the human woman, "And ye' pardon me, "milady", but a hume cannot be becoming a Dwarven Monarch!" This.. girl, was supposed to be the heir of Asgard, and capable of leading a resistance against Ilhirel? Laurolf truly had a hard time believing what the spirits had just said, and he was somewhat offended by the assumption that a proud Dwarf such as him- Would just fall in line, and accept the commands of a human. As the spirits spoke again, Laurolf listened, and carefully- While doing so, he observed the rest of the group and other than the Drakarr, he wasn't really impressed so far. Then again, it was wrong to judge one by simply the clothes they wore.

"And what kind of "assistance", be ye' talking about?" Laurolf asked, with mistrust now in his tone. "Now, ye' be excusing me skepticism, but if yer' only secret weapon is a young hume girl, supposedly queen of yer wretched kingdom- I be seeing dim chances for any success, and frankly, unless ye' show something concrete, I'll be taking me leave right about now." The Dwarf had had enough, with them just standing there and talking. This was precious time he could've been spending, searching for Raum and instead he was wasting it here.. Wherever 'here' was, listening to the desperation and false hope filled ramblings, of three spirits.

Eltheron Delioss

Eltheron remained silent for awhile, his eyes surveying this young Human woman. She was the last heir to the Asgardian Empire? She seems so frail...

Eltheron straightened his posture, his hands casually resting on the hilts of his sheathed swords. Eltheron again eyed his supposed comrades, the ones he was now being told had to lead a resistance, raise an army, and crush the hordes of Ilhirel... Insanity...but maybe.... possibly... worth his effort...

"Im afraid dear spectres, that I am inclined to agree with out stout friend here, this all sounds a little mad." Eltheron paused for a moment, a thought coming to his mind; "And what is an Amaranth?"

The first specter let out a breath of air as if sighing. But that couldn't be, could it?

"While it is true that all Asgardians owe allegiance to its rightful ruler, it is logical that kingdoms who were forced to join Asgard will now take this opportunity to leave this crumbling alliance. Yet separated, your chances are grim. This is but another task for the queen. She must attempt to hold her kingdom together, or face Ilhirel with what little she has. Trust time to reveal all things, Chosen."

The third specter joined in again. "Your greatest weapons will be yourselves. You all have formidable skills and talents. You are each unique in a way. You were chosen for a reason. This Council believes that with our aid you stand a chance at this task." A short pause. "As for our assistance, aside from our wise counsel and guidance, we will gift you with what remains of our power. This raw power will manifest itself differently for each of you, and it will augment your existing powers or give you new ones if you had none previously."

"But that can wait until the end of this session." said the second specter. "The elf is wise to inquire of the Amaranth. Sadly, this Council knows little of it that could help locate it, but enough to understand its importance. The Amaranth is an ancient artifact of ultimate divine power, said to have been used by the Maker himself in the process of creating this world. Supposedly that power still lies within the Amaranth and that is why the Sorceress needs it. She hopes to use it for the opposite purpose, and undo all that has been done."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back