Chapter 1

Haru was behind everyone, and had a decent view as the others went through whatever he'd been through. He set his left leg on his right knee, and noticed he wasn't wearing any socks. He grimaced, slightly upset by this. He hadn't noticed at first but now that he'd noticed it bothered him. It felt...weird, yet slightly...comforting? 

"I couldn't stand wearing them. They didn't feel natural." a white lion said, coming out from behind the seat he was in and looking at his shoes, then at him. The lion came up to just above his knees. He stared at it with a blank expression, trying to think of some way to logic out what he was seeing. Failing that he went with the only reaction he could think of. 

"Uhh...Hello?" he said, much more confused than anything else. The lion laughed, or he thought it did. 

"Still don't understand boy? Don't worry, it confused me when I first found out as well." the lion told him. He thought for a moment, the situation slowly sinking in. He nodded, thinking that he'd finally figured it out. The lion nodded back to him. 

The fencing teacher addressed them all, a bit odd but this point anything goes right? He did have one question though. He stood up, addressing the principle and the teacher. 

"I understand teaching us to control our powers, that is definitely necessary. And connecting with our ancestors is also important, but tell me, why do we need to defend ourselves, and from what?" he asked. Everything else would come with time, but something like self defense was important. Why would they need it?

What was so dangerous that it threatened them when they clearly had access to power that most couldn't comprehend, at least he gathered that from the show the teachers insisted on putting on. The idea of danger bothered him, he'd never been one for fighting. He put his hands in the pockets of his labcoat. One of them wrapped around a smoke pipe, but he ignored it, waiting for a reply. 

The girl made her way down the hallways, a bit glad now that she was alone. The girl walked along, petting her dove. Oh, but wait... there was a strange shadow on the wall. Takako stared at it. Did ghosts exist? Did they cast shadows? If not, what was casting it? "Where are you going miss? Didn't you hear that all students are suppose to be in the gym? Don't you want to find out what you really are?" the shadow spoke. Takako recognized the voice, though she didn't know where. "I know who I am," the girl replied. Takako continued walking. The dove next to her was asleep. How would she get it off? 

@Dante Verren

Josho smiled as Axel gave his little introduction. The Emperor of Rome indeed."Very well then Axel. Let us show these new recruits what it means to carry firth a sole of the past." Josho's attention was pulled away as the kid from earlier now dressed as a scientist stepped up to ask a question. "Ah your a sharp one aren't you young man. I guess that is fitting considering you posses the soul of Albert Einstein. Anyway I should probably give you all an explanation now. To begin with my name is Josho Taiyo, however history knows me by another name. I posses the soul of the man known as Tokichiro Kinoshita but his more well known name is Hideyoshi Toyotomi. For a little over twenty years I have ran this school as a secret training facility for people like you. People we call awoken." 

Josho let out a small breath. He was only going to give a brief explanation for now. "Listen up, I will give a full explanation another time but for now I am going to give you the information you need to know. First off you need to know how to fight for not only yourself but for all humanity. Spirits or what you kids these days call ghost exist. They are all around us and usually arn't to bad. However if they spiral out of control or a bad one manages to break through the barrier of the spirit and human world then things get messy. That is why we exist. Only we who posses the souls of famous figures of the past can hurt these spirits. It is our duty to hunt these bad ones and kill them thus saving humanity from becoming nothing but food. Speaking of spirits it sounds like our friend is getting quiet riled up." 

As Josho finished speaking a loud squeal like the one form earlier echoed around the school. It sounded of hatred, desperation, and sent a signal through your body that made your skin crawl. It was the squeal of a mad spirit.

@Arlo Hayes @Oceo Frose @Drakerus @AaronVolcano24 @Nenma Takashi @Livson

The shadow let out an amused grunt before continuing to follow the girl. When the squeal echoed down the hallway the shadow chuckled. "You'd best prepare yourself little girl. The spirit has begun it's hunt. It searches out easy prey. One's that are alone and vulnerable. If my guess is correct and they usually are it already has a target. Right now who is walking down a empty hallway by her lonesome?" As the shadow spoke the sound of thundering hoof prints began to grow louder and louder as if it was heading in their direction. 

@Shmivian

Soyokaze stared at her hands she felt different she was different protect that word sparked something in her. She looked up at Josho and raised her hand quickly shouting to him. "Where is the spirit!?" She called out she wanted to help she just had to help something in her told her she needed to. Not to mention the very idea of getting to right hook a ghost was very well the coolest idea ever. This was now not only helping out but taking the first chance to punch a ghost. She felt a lot stronger and faster she figured she could do it. Some red hair fell over her left moving it she realized that her hair was now red and longer than normal. This whole thing was pretty weird but she stayed focused on the goal at hand....punch ghost.

A squeal echoed down the hallways. It sounded hateful... desperate... and disturbing. Takako blinked, looking over at the shadow. No, the shadow couldn't possibly hear it. At this point Takako couldn't trust what was reality and what wasn't. The girl walked on, though she went slower.

"You'd best prepare yourself, little girl. The spirit has begun its hunt. It searches out easy prey. Ones that are alone and vulnerable. If my guess is correct, and they usually are, it already has a target. Right now who is walking down a empty hallway by her lonesome?"

The sound of hoofprints grew louder and louder. Oh, so the shadow did hear it. But what if both the shadow and the sound were her imagination? The dove beside her woke up, and was rather alert. Did it hear the sound? Or was it just awake?  Takako looked at the shadow. "Who are you?" she asked, taking a few steps backwards. "What's happening? W-What do I do?" What's wrong with me? I'm talking to my own hallucinations now...

@Dante Verren

Josho smiled as Axel gave his little introduction. The Emperor of Rome indeed."Very well then Axel. Let us show these new recruits what it means to carry firth a sole of the past." Josho's attention was pulled away as the kid from earlier now dressed as a scientist stepped up to ask a question. "Ah your a sharp one aren't you young man. I guess that is fitting considering you posses the soul of Albert Einstein. Anyway I should probably give you all an explanation now. To begin with my name is Josho Taiyo, however history knows me by another name. I posses the soul of the man known as Tokichiro Kinoshita but his more well known name is Hideyoshi Toyotomi. For a little over twenty years I have ran this school as a secret training facility for people like you. People we call awoken." 

Josho let out a small breath. He was only going to give a brief explanation for now. "Listen up, I will give a full explanation another time but for now I am going to give you the information you need to know. First off you need to know how to fight for not only yourself but for all humanity. Spirits or what you kids these days call ghost exist. They are all around us and usually arn't to bad. However if they spiral out of control or a bad one manages to break through the barrier of the spirit and human world then things get messy. That is why we exist. Only we who posses the souls of famous figures of the past can hurt these spirits. It is our duty to hunt these bad ones and kill them thus saving humanity from becoming nothing but food. Speaking of spirits it sounds like our friend is getting quiet riled up." 

As Josho finished speaking a loud squeal like the one form earlier echoed around the school. It sounded of hatred, desperation, and sent a signal through your body that made your skin crawl. It was the squeal of a mad spirit.

The shadow let out an amused grunt before continuing to follow the girl. When the squeal echoed down the hallway the shadow chuckled. "You'd best prepare yourself little girl. The spirit has begun it's hunt. It searches out easy prey. One's that are alone and vulnerable. If my guess is correct and they usually are it already has a target. Right now who is walking down a empty hallway by her lonesome?" As the shadow spoke the sound of thundering hoof prints began to grow louder and louder as if it was heading in their direction. 

@Shmivian

Varen Sollus - Gymnasium

"Spirits? The souls of historical figures? But why-" Ren was interrupted when an extremely loud squeal rang out from somewhere in the building. Judging from the intensity, it wasn't too far away. The moogle hovering next to him was facing towards where the sound came from. It spoke in a serious tone that didn't match the high pitch of its voice.

"It seems the wild spirit has targeted someone, kupo. We'd best hurry before they get hurt." it said matter-of-factly.

"Huh? How do you know that...? Who even are you?" Ren questioned skeptically. The creature turned to face him and gave a small bow.

"My name is Hippocrates. And to answer your second question, as a spirit I am able to sense the presence of other spirits. Especialy those that radiate pure agitation like this one. Now, unless you want that girl's last memories of you to be getting hit in the face with your pen, I suggest you make an attempt to assist her." the spirit said sternly.

Ren gasped, the girl from this morning? But wasn't she in the gym just now? He looked around quickly and saw no sign of her. But if she wasn't here then...

!!!

Without hesitation, Ren bolted sraight out the gymnasium doors, following behind his spirit partner who was leading the way towards the angry spirit.

Jonathan-

The eagle on his shoulder began to flap its wings while clinging to his clothing, dragging him to the front. The bird seemed to be standing upright formally once it stopped "when will we begin" a sound that came from the bird?

Jonathan was in a daze about a weird bird that clung to him is now talking not just to him but to the crazies in front of him too "uhh, boss? I know you kinda said what's going on but I mean really, where did this eagle come from???" His tone started quite calm and began to grow more and more distressed as he spoke.

@Dante Verren

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey kid wai- and he's gone. Alright people explanation time will have to wait. It seems that Kira got distracted so we have a knew game plan. You all are going to kill your first spirit. Questions? Comment? None? Good lets go." Josho jumped from the stage and landed softly. His hands went to a Katana that materialized at his side and he began to chase after Ren before stopping. He realized that he hadn't told the kids amd Jonathan how to form their weapon or use their abilities. Turning around he looked at all of them and held out the katana. "This blade is nothing more than an extension of my soul. To form your wepaon and unlock your true potential you must feel the power within you. You must accept the fact that you are an awoken and you must trust that your spirit will be by your side. Once that happens you will be able tor bring forth any combat capability or special trick you have lying dormant within you." With that being said he turned around again and took off. 

Veronica sat there still very confused. All this talk of spirits and special powers was madness. She had a talking white snake on her shoulder, Madness. Now her adopted father wanted her to harness some weird power to kill ghosts, Madness! The worst part of it all was deep down she could feel that it was true. She looked over at the snake that sat quietly on her shoulder. "Your name is Abe correct?". "That is indeed one of my many names. Now young one will you sit here in a daze or will you follow after the monkey. " This caused Veronica to pause for a minute, she really didn't want to fight a ghost but she couldn't sit here doing nothing. "Fine. I guess we will have to chase after them then. " She quickly stood up and chased after Josho and Ren.

"My name is Kira Fuma, however history would remember me as the one and only Jack the RIpper." The shadow sounded amused as it continued speaking. "As for what is happening well that is simple. You have been targeted by a rampaging spirit. If you don't hurry up and accept the fact that you are indeed awoken and activate your awoken form along with your combat capabilities you will die." 

The thundering of paws grew ever closer until the spirit came into sight. The beast slid on its paws as it turned the corner from the way she had came from. It looked to be around five feet tall with the body of a boar but the legs of a white tiger. It's face was just as distorted as the body. It had a pigs snout, a fanged mouth, and two large protruding tusk. The spirit stamped its feet twice and let out another squeal. Lowering its head it got into a ready position and began its charge towards Takato.

@Shmivian

Wait... Jack the Ripper!?

"Seriously, Jack? Why do you have to ruin my fun by telling her how to live?" the dove sighed. The dove spoke. It fucking spoke. Cameron gawked at it, but not for too long. A huge... huge thing that was like... like a boar but with tiger legs and a messed up face came and squealed. The funny part was that it was shorter than Takako.  It looked like it was ready to charge... That's a rampaging spirit? "Yeah, they're cute little things," the dove said again. "Now hurry up and accept whoever the hell you are." "B-But I don't even know who I am!" Takako exclaimed, looking over at the shadow. "You made the soul of some historical figure appear as some dove, and you can use my powers. Is there anything more to it?" the dove sighed. "Look, unless you wanna die to some elephant pig thing, I suggest you just do what Jack said." To trust that she was... awoken? Takako furrowed her eyebrows. There was a part of her that knew this was true. It knew that the hallucinations had something to do with this. It knew that Takako was "awake". And eventually, the whole of Takako just decided to go along and believe that perhaps Takako really did have pig-fighting powers.

Takako took a deep breath. She was "awoken". She had some historical figure sitting on her shoulders. And she could use its powers. She closed her eyes, and suddenly felt a weight on her shoulders. "Gosh you're so heav-" Takako looked over at her dove, but it was flapping around above her. Takako looked down. She was holding a gun- those types that shoot out canon balls really fast. "Wait... seriously?" Takako looked over at the dove, who just did a bird shrug. "What do I do?" "You shoot at that thing, idiot." the bird replied. "Okay, jeez..." Takako took a closer look at her weapon. There was a trigger. She aimed it at the animal thing... and pulled the trigger, creating a small but sorta loud boom.

Delightful.

@Dante Verren

Jonathan-

"ok well umm....." He look over at the eagle on his shoulder "what's my weapon?" The eagle flared it's wings out and said "you expect to fight as a mere man among men, not a leader among heroes. The way you dress openly displays this." The eagle's beak shot into the air. "What weapon would a man as myself use?" Jonathan thought to himself a moment then extended his hand out "i mean I know this stuff is real so this should work yeah?" A few moments later a musket appeared in his hand. "although a musket you won't need to reload it quite the same as a regular one. A sword is present for your use too." He looked down, beyond the musket to see a sword lying on the ground. He promptly picked it up and it disappeared with his lack of desire to use it at the moment. He was finally pulled back to reality as a loud bang echoed out. He could tell it was quite far away but it was still distinct. A gunshot. "WAIT, WHERE ARE YOU GOING" he saw him take off and decided to chase after him. As he got to running the eagle on his shoulder lifted off of him and flew right behind him.

The spirit let loose another rage infused squeal as the bullet tore through its shoulder. However the spirit was merely slowed down and it continued its charge. The shadow leapt from the wall and into the beast's path. When the shadow hit the ground it reformed into Kira's awoken form. Kira licked his lips and flexed his hands. Three long knives lined up like claws appeared in each hand and with a joyful laugh Kira charged the spirit. He leapt over the charging spirit and spun himself around in the air, forming a minor circles of knives. The knives cut trough the spirits skin as if it was paper and the spirit came sliding to a stop.

Kira landed a little bit behind the spirit, his knives dripping with Spectral blood. The spirit looked back and forth between the man with the knives and the girl with the gun. The easier target would be the small girl but it would be dangerous to turn its back to the man. It sniffed the air and snarled, it could smell the hundreds of sleeping humans. The aroma of their dreams stirred up the spirits blood lust and it decided to go for the weaker target. Taking up a smarter position it continued its's charge, hoping back and forth in random zig zags. 

@Shmivian

Takako looked on at the spirit as the bullet went through it. She could hurt. She could hurt! Takako felt her back. Ah... there were two swords strapped to her back. And in her pockets and on a bag on her side... ah... there were a bunch of throwing knives. But guns make such a pleasant noise... Never mind that, the animal thing was charging. He was interrupted when the shadow became... that wacky teacher from earlier. So that was Kira Fuma... And he had knife claws! He leapt up and spun in circles and threw a bunch of knives, which tore into the spirit. It bled. It bled! Takako could feel a smile form on her face. The girl readied her cannon as the spirit looked back and forth between her and Kira. The beast let out a snarl after sniffing the air and ran at her in random zig zags. Takako grinned. She wanted to make it bleed. The girl ran to the sides of the hallway, so that she was hopefully facing the spirit's side. She then ran in Kira's direction (still facing the spirit), pulling her trigger multiple times to let out 5 bullets. She looked at the spirit to see its reaction to her previous attack.

@Dante Verren

Varen Sollus - Hallway

1 turn until Cura is cast

"Over there, kupo!"

"Are you sure? We've been running for-oh..." Ren cut himself off when he turned the corner to see what could only be described as a monster out of fiction. Fitting, for their current situation. As he expected, the girl he was with this morning was being attacked but she seemed to be defending herself rather well with...a gun!? There was also a man cloaked in shadow. Was he an enemy too? No, he seemed to be fighting the spirit as well. Wow, that was a lot of knives. Where did those weapons come from? Maybe it was part of being an Awoken? As soon as those thoughts crossed his mind, a cloud of light appeared in his right hand. The light grew brighter and brighter before suddenly dissipating, leaving behind a green book in his grip.

latest

Ren gasped in surprise, but that soon turned to curiosity as he went to inspect the cover. It was quite strange, he didn't recognize the architecture at all. Opening the book to the first page, Ren stared at the contents confusedly. He didn't recognize the language at all. it didn't even look like it was from their Earth! Something curious however, was that some of the text was a different color than the rest. Even stranger, Ren found he could sort of...understand what it said. Not read it really. More Like, he could feel what was on the page.

"Cu...ra" he said quietly, as if unsure of himself. As soon as he uttered the words, the book began to emit an unearthly glow and Ren could only gawk as he felt like some of his energy was being pulled right out of him. He couldn't bring himself to drop the book either. It was like an invisible force was inhibiting his movement.

Varen Sollus - Hallway

1 turn until Cura is cast

"Over there, kupo!"

"Are you sure? We've been running for-oh..." Ren cut himself off when he turned the corner to see what could only be described as a monster out of fiction. Fitting, for their current situation. As he expected, the girl he was with this morning was being attacked but she seemed to be defending herself rather well with...a gun!? There was also a man cloaked in shadow. Was he an enemy too? No, he seemed to be fighting the spirit as well. Wow, that was a lot of knives. Where did those weapons come from? Maybe it was part of being an Awoken? As soon as those thoughts crossed his mind, a cloud of light appeared in his right hand. The light grew brighter and brighter before suddenly dissipating, leaving behind a green book in his grip.

Reveal hidden contents

latest
Ren gasped in surprise, but that soon turned to curiosity as he went to inspect the cover. It was quite strange, he didn't recognize the architecture at all. Opening the book to the first page, Ren stared at the contents confusedly. He didn't recognize the language at all. it didn't even look like it was from their Earth! Something curious however, was that some of the text was a different color than the rest. Even stranger, Ren found he could sort of...understand what it said. Not read it really. More Like, he could feel what was on the page.

"Cu...ra" he said quietly, as if unsure of himself. As soon as he uttered the words, the book began to emit an unearthly glow and Ren could only gawk as he felt like some of his energy was being pulled right out of him. He couldn't bring himself to drop the book either. It was like an invisible force was inhibiting his movement.

@Dante Verren @Shmivian

The spirit roared as the on coming bullets raced towards it. The spirit dodged to the right to avoid the first bullet. It hit the side wall and pushed itself off causing another two bullets to miss. The last two bullets hit home, one piercing through its front left leg and the other piercing the beast side. With another roar of pain the beast swiveled its head detecting the scent of another human. It's eyes locked onto a young man with a green book in his hand. The scent coming from the man was one of no danger like the other two had, that meant he must be the weakest one. 

The beast took off again, ignoreing the girl and knife user. Instead it's new prey was the one holding the book. As it neared its prey movement from the corner of its eye caught its attention and the beast ducked its head. The folding fan that Josho had early raised over it's head missing the vital areas but slicing off the tips of the beast ears. realizing that the beast was cornered its slowed to a halt. Behind it was the gun wielding girl, and the knife man. In front of the beast was the kid with the book, and to his side was a man in shinning armor followed by multiple people. 

@Shmivian @AaronVolcano24 @Drakerus 

Of course Takako was disappointed that the first three bullets missed... but she grinned in delight when she noticed the wounds on his front leg and his side. It bled! It bled! The creature's roars of pain were music to her ears, and Takako soon found herself feeling giddy. Oh, but look... there was someone else... Ah, the kid who threw a pen at her head. He had a glowing green book in his hand. The beastie charged towards the boy, but it stopped when a fan came at it. Mr. Principle himself was there, and he was awakened, just like the kid who threw a pen at Takako's head. The fan that the principle threw had cut the beastie's little ears. He wore weird samurai clothing... how funny. And the boy wore strange clothing, too... a green robe. In fact it seemed that Takako was the only one wearing the clothing she was always wearing. How strange. The creature stopped. Ah, it knew that it was surrounded. Takako aimed the gun at the pig-elephant. She could blast its head off while he was trapped like this, and kill it... or she could aim for a place where it wouldn't immediately kill it, and cause the thing some pain... The girl put the gun a bit lower, aiming for an area right above the wound on piggie's front leg. With a small giggle, she pulled the trigger. 

@Dante Verren @AaronVolcano24 @Drakerus

Jonathan-

He rounded the corner to see a massive beast. "Woah holy crap BOSS THIS IS WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING". He saw Josho slice it's ears. When he saw it stopped moving, before the gunshot that followed this statement Jonathan asked "kill it yeah?"

Varen Sollus - Hallway

Now that the beast was cornered, it seemed at a loss as for what to do next. It put up a front of glaring from one person to another in a threatening manner but there was little chance it would escape this predicament unless some sort of fluke or miracle happened. Unfortunately for the Spirit Hunters, that was just the case. By the time they had surrounded the spirit, Ren's book began to glow brighter with green energy, signaling that the spell he had ended up casting was done charging. At the same time, Ren all of a sudden regained his normal movement capabilities, which cauht him by surprise since he had been trying to move the entire time. As a result of the sudden change, Ren ended up flinging the book book up into the air right before it could unleash the spell. Without any clear target, the spell would just be shot out in any direction the book was facing and since it was currently doing a multitude of random flips through the air, it appeared it would shoot in any random direction. After a slight delay, a moderately sized green orb of light emerged from the book and flew straight at the enraged spirit. The orb seemed to dissolve into its body before the spirit was enveloped in a gentle green aura. At first Ren thought he had gotten lucky and landed some sort of offensive spel but he soon realized that was not the case. Instead of beign hurt or debilitated, the spirit began to heal rather rapidly, repairing most of the moderate damage it had received.

"Oh, so that's what that does..." Ren said, more amazed that he cast magic than embarrassed that he had made their job harder. As if to punish him, the book landed right on his head with a loud thud. He yelped and ended up stumbling backward before falling and landing on his butt.

@Shmivian @Dante Verren @AaronVolcano24 

The beast roared in pain as the bullet pierced through it's already wounded leg. It wanted nothing more than to die, well die or tear one of these fools to shreds. With a desperate limp it inched closer towards the kid with the green light, luckily that kid also happened to be a major klutz. The sweet relief from the  pain was amazing. It could even feel that it's strength had returned. With a squeal that sounded like a mocking snicker the beast rushed towards Ren.

A flash of golden light was all the beast saw before it realized it stopped moving. Standing in front of it blocking it's tusk from moving was the same man who threw the annoying fan. This time he was using a sword but the blade wasn't even drawn. "Well well, looks like we have a savior in our midts. That would be great if he could learn not to heal the enemy of course." Josho flashed a smile over his shoulder at Ren to indicate he was just messing with him. Looking back at the spirit Josho smirked. "For a lowly Baku you are causing quite a problem, Guess taht means I will have to take care of you myself. Tell you what little spirit, I won't even unsheathe my sword." The beast cried out in rage and Josho hopped onto it's back. Using the Baku to get a little more height in his jump he twised in the air and brought the sheathe onto the side of the Baku's head, sending the beast flying.

Luck was no longer on the Baku's side and the beast went flying backwards right into another enemy. With the sound of tearing flesh the Baku screamed in pain. Kira hummed happily from behind the beast. He lightly kicked the Baku's back and the beast fell forwards onto the ground, bleeding from multiple stab wounds in the back. It seemed Josho had planned to send the Baku straight to Kira, and all that Kira had to do was stand still and wait for the Baku to be impaled on his knives. 

Takako laughed when she heard the beast roar in pain. That was until pen flicker threw his book up. Ah... the creature was healed... That was perfect! Takako was tempted to shoot it again, but held back since Mr. Principle took over. Dang it... She watched piggie get impaled in the back. Its screams were delightful. Mr. Taiyo and Kira seemed to have really good synergy. Takako watched the piggie. Watched the blood oozing from its wounds. Watched the thing die. The gunner girl was still giddy. She looked over the kid who had healed the.. Baku? You're going to be my friend now. she decided, looking at his fluffy brown hair and lavender eyes with a rather twisted expression. She then looked back Mr. Taiyo and Kira, assuming they'd say something. Her eyes went over to Kira. He had a screw in his head. This man was the one who was a shadow... The one who was Jack the Ripper. Takako grinned. He was powerful. He could make true art out of the Baku. 

@Dante Verren @Drakerus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back