Chapter 1 (Rebirth of Brilliance)

Ailera, Samira, Timely, Callas, Suhiko, & Kvau

Lord Faerran looks down at his possessions slipping away. Then he looks up at the opening maw of the Wyld. "No!" he yells out. "No! No!" There's fear in his eyes. Old deep fear. Then something changes. The fear is replaced by anger. His voice solidifies in confidence. Perhaps he accepted his fate? "I will have you or no one will have you."

He reaches out for your throat, but misses as you shift out of the way of his reach. "Come here, damn you!" he yells.

While Lord Faerran stands in the face of the Wyld, the hate-filled woman ignores him and Timely. She's focused solely on everyone else.

She's lunges at you with her dagger raised, Suhiko. What are you going to do at the same time?

At the same time, General Vala bursts into the ballroom. "What is the meaning of this!?" he yells out seeing you all. Kvau, you're right behind him and see all this as well.

What are Callas and Samira doing during all this, Blackadder Blackadder and Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws ?

Initiative:
Ailera 8
Timely 5
Suhiko 4 <--------
Hate-filled woman 4 <--------
Lord Faerran 4 <--------

Last edited:
"You owe the lady an apology," Suhiko says behind a grim smile as she falls into a familiar knife-fighter's stance. Though the sword is considered the king of weapons in the Realm as it is in most places, and the Daiklave the king of swords, Suhiko has trained for close quarters combat on the decks of ships where there is nowhere near the room needed to swing a sword around.

She waits for the the other woman to move, and then rushes forward, beneath her guard, striking at her face.

Making an ordinary attack boosted by Excellent Strike, giving me an automatic success and letting me reroll 1s. If she retaliates, I'll use Dipping Swallow Defense and Hail-Shattering Practice to defend myself.

Attack: 5 (dex) + 5 (melee) + 4 (Light weapon) +2 (stunt)
Result: 8 successes, plus any from stunt rating over 1.

Damage: 5 (strength) + 7 (Light weapon), plus any surplus from my attack.

Parry: 5

Personal Essence: 13/16

Callas, keeping back, was quick to properly edify things for the General. "She," indicating Suhiko's opponent, "tried to assassinate Lady Tenebris! And this rogue is her accomplice." The rogue being a very clear Lord Faerran as Callas pointed.

Suhiko, the woman lunges at you, blade raised. But you’re ready. You easily knock her blade aside, step inside it, and thrust with your own.

Her DV is 4, her soak is 5, and you have a one-point stunt. Roll initiative damage.

Callas, the General shakes his head. "Has anyone gone for help!? Where are the guards?"

Suhiko's blade strikes true, giving the woman a flesh wound and forcing her backwards.

OOC: 6 successes. Roll = 8,7,3,6,10,1,2,6,3,6,10. That puts her at Initiative -2, meaning that she is Crashed. I in turn get 6 Initiative for damage, 1 for successfully landing a Withering attack and 5 for Crashing her, bringing me to Initiative 16.

ROUND 2 (everyone gets 5 motes back)

Suhiko, the woman takes your dagger in the shoulder and staggers backward clutching it. She’s off-balance and unable to recovery before you make your next move.

You're up, Suhiko.

Initiative:
Suhiko 16 <------------
Ailera 8
Timely 5
Lord Faerran 4
Hate-filled woman -2

Suhiko swiftly follows up on her initial success, keeping the woman close and with a deft flick of her wrist, sends the other woman's knife flying.

Making Disarm gambit. Using Excellent Strike plus the Excellency for 2 extra dice.

Attack: 5 (dex) + 5 (melee) + 2 (Excellency) +2 (stunt)
Result: 9 successes. Roll = 2,8,2,5,9,10,5,5,2,10,10,9,5,3.

Gambit: 16 (Inititative)
Result: 4 successes. Roll = 3,3,9,10,4,3,3,6,1,3,5,9,2,3,4,7.

Conclusion: Success! The woman is Disarmed (p. 200) and Suhiko loses 3 Initiative.
Parry: 5

Personal Essence: 11/16

Samira was standing nearby. She was unfazed by the battle, but knowing her two Dawns were near Lady Tenebris meant that she would be safe from most attackers. She walks slowly towards Lady Tenebris, and reaches a hand to help her stand. "You're safe here, unless this lordling tries anything, and even then, these two ladies can very likely take care of him if he tries."

Samira has 5 dice for initiative:
1 success!
2 6 7 2 1
She doesn't plan to do much in this fight, for now, but it's more so we have a flow of when she acts.

The hate-filled woman, now filled with despair and fear, watches her knife clatter to the floor out of reach.

Ailera, you're up.

Initiative:
Suhiko 16
Ailera 8 <------------
Timely 5
Lord Faerran 4
Samira 1
Hate-filled woman -2

Ailera takes her shawl and whips it out, wrapping it around the angry woman to keep her from running away. "You need to explain yourself. Why are you trying to hurt Lady Tenebris?"

Using the Charm Flurry of August Leaves to enhance my Grapple gambit.
Resplendent Sash Grapple (Grappling): Upon landing a grapple gambit with a grappling weapon, the martial artist may waive the Initiative cost of the gambit and roll (Initiative + Essence) to determine how many rounds of control she gains (if this would be a higher pool than her usual control roll). If the enemy is at short range or further from her (for example, if she is using Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Form to attack from range), he is immediately dragged to within close range of her as the weapon coils around him.

So, if I am reading this right, I roll 10d10 for my initiative pool plus Essence, plus the 2 die stunt bonus, right? Hopefully I'm doing this right.
Grapple Attempt: 12D10 = [10, 9, 5, 5, 6, 1, 9, 2, 6, 6, 3, 6] = 68

Four Successes on my effort to snag the lady

Ailera, you lash out with your shawl and wrap up the woman. You pull her in close and she's in your control. Make sure to roll Initiative + Essence to find out for how long.

Timely, you're up. Lord Faerran just tried to grab you but missed.

Initiative:
Suhiko 16
Ailera 8
Timely 5 <------------
Lord Faerran 4
Samira 1
Hate-filled woman -2

Timely

With the break in the grip that held her, Timely snapped back into the standards of creation. Her feeding maw closing with a pop akin to the collapse of a pocket of air under immense pressure.

Her assumptions return to normal, in the loose sense of the word. Fairly distracted, Timely backs off and attempts to break away like a whips of smoke through grasping palms.

Timely, Lord Faerran watches you slip away from him. He's still collecting himself: his thoughts, his feelings, his sense of reality. He simply stands, staring off into nothing, for a long moment. Then, he turns and strolls for the door out to the courtyard.

Samira, your action.

Initiative:
Suhiko — 16
Ailera — 8
Timely — 5
Lord Faerran — 4
Samira — 1 <------------
Hate-filled woman — -2

Samira has seen the strange things that the strange creature that walked with Lady Tenebris has done, though she still wasn't sure what the creature is, but still she had no desire to see Lord Faerran leave the premises before she had a chance to discover what transpired.

Taking a small step towards him, her hand outstretched towards him, she call out "The things that happened here require many explanations, and those who leave now, might never find the answers they seek, or the knowledge that lies within the questions themselves. What happened here, both between Lord Faerran and Timely Ended Thought, and between Lady Tenebris and her attacker, these matters might be linked somehow, and I am sure the Esteemed Lady would love to know more about these, and other, matters."

Since this is a battle, and we regain 5m per round, i'll go and spend mine on Respect-Commanding Attitude. Technically it's not supposed to work in battle, but Lord Faerran is leaving the scene, and the other is grappled.

END OF COMBAT (everyone gets 5 motes back)

Disarmed, the hate-filled woman falls to her knees clutching her shoulder, yielding. She says nothing. Just looks at you all, waiting for judgment — or death. Lady Tenebris wastes no time. She strides up the to the woman and backhands her. A thin line of blood oozes out of the corner of the hate-filled woman's mouth.

Lord Faerran stops in his tracks and turns. "I—" his voice cracks. He clears his throat and tries again: "I don't know that I can play your little game with that thing—" he nods toward Timely "—in the room. Be quick and speak your piece."

General Vala grits his teeth. "Someone better start talking NOW! What in Creation is going on here!?"

Samira turns to look everyone present in the eye, before directing her boring eyes at Lord Faerran. "Any of you think this is a game? What happened here is far from being a game, to me, and it needs to be settled, and questions answered. This woman has attacked the Esteemed Lady Tenebris at a public event, with only the timely intervention of my friends here to stop her. And you, Lord Faerran, seemed to have taken it upon yourself to 'toy' with the creature Lady Tenebris has brought forward, and after trying to assault her, you decide to walk away, as if this was just a game. And WE are playing a game?" She gives a dramatic pause, letting her words sink in.

"You might think that this is over, but I am sure Lady Tenebris would like some direct answers at these turns of events."

Everyone

Lady Tenebris nods, an angered look on her face. "I do—"

Lord Faerran interrupts, flaring. "THAT thing is a monster to be used!" he says, pointing at Timely. "It is to be used — toyed with — whatever you want to call it or it is to be discarded! Nothing more, nothing less. It is clear to me now that its useless. But it is not mine. It is Lady Tenebris' monstrosity to deal with. If it were mine, I'd put it down RIGHT now. Since it's not, I walk away. Now, is there anything else you need before I do so?"

Last edited:
Samira's face is composed, but her voice rises "You will address the Lady Tenebris politely, or I swear to all the gods, that you will suffer for this insolence! Now, STAY here, and do not move, or I will do to you worse that you can ever imagine Timely Ended Thought would do to you. DO NOT DARE to anger me further!"

Everyone

Lord Faerran's nostrils flare and his eyes grow wild. He points at you, Samira.

"You dare threaten me!? After all that THING did in front of you!? You can't be defending it, you'd never. You see the danger, do you not!?"

"My lord," Suhiko says softly, but with a gravity that makes her voice carry none the less, "no one here is defending it, we are merely requesting the pleasure of your company for a little longer. You have been wronged, and I am sure this will not be forgotten."

Samira's calm face breaks down, and the emotions within her rise to the surface. She takes a step forward to the man, and when she gets close to him, she calls "I AM NOT DEFENDING ANYTHING OR ANYONE, BUT YOU"RE ACTING LIKE A SPOILED BRAT! NOW STOP THIS CHILDISH ACT, AND SIT DOWN!"

Spending 2 motes on Terrifying Battle Shriek, and 3 motes on Performance excellency
Rolling Cha+Performance to intimidate him
7 successes!
2 9 2 7 8 5 3 3 3 6 5 10 3 3 3 8 7 5

A successful influence roll strikes fear into the enemy’s heart, forcing him to take a movement action on his next turn to move away from the martial artist or hide from her, if possible. Very weak or cowardly opponents may surrender or retreat entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread