• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Channel 16 | Mystery | Wilderness Exploration |Open

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
G0QfblkKEeEhiGxEspAwemsXvZmqE1Yn71nDLv2wGCozhMsc2cYil1gU9cRMtpyFpXvvnDAxIG4m8j_K8QDXLaeCMoU_dtDMssF3q-Ce2DPgXc_hIPJiETqh1lj8Y8790UW3WtwR

“If I am mad, it is mercy! May the gods pity the man who in his callousness can remain sane to the hideous end!” ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Temple

Introduction
Arborly National Park is one of the biggest parks in the United States. Established early on, it has managed to avoid having any of its land taken and developed, allowing it to remain mostly untouched, other than a hiker here and there. Due to its size, however, it’s prone to fires that spread rapidly during the summer. Most of the time, the rangers let these run their course, but there are points where action needs to be taken and park goers need to be warned. This led to the placement of firewatch towers throughout the park, and every summer, a group of employees are brought in to live in them and keep an eye on the area.

Two people are assigned to each tower, but other than through radio, their towermate is the only person that they talk to over the entire course of the 3 months. This sort of isolation lets imaginations run wild, and sometimes, participants claim to see things in the woods, and experience strange phenomenon. However, this is just a trick of the mind; there’s nothing in the woods but them and their thoughts, as well as the occasional visitor.

Right?

Premise
Welcome to Channel 16, a group created by Jewel Jewel and I. The premise goes like this: the fire lookouts of Arborly National Park have all taken up the position over the summer. However, over the course of their stay, things begin to happen that are out of the ordinary. Is there something actually going on, or is it just the isolation getting to them? With only their towermate and a radio to talk to the other lookouts, it might be difficult to find out.

What to Expect
This is a modern semi-realistic roleplay, with the ‘semi’ coming from the weird happenings, and the ‘realistic’ coming from the fact that no characters have powers, and that they’re just normal people in a normal world. There’ll be exploration and events, as well as riddles & puzzles provided by the GMs. Mystery! Wilderness! Isolation! Radios! Puzzles! Your characters, if you choose to join! This group doesn’t have it all, but what it does have? Potential.

We will also be using a posting order to keep things easy. It’ll help people keep track of what’s happening.

Possible Character Types
You’d be playing as a fire lookout. The reason you chose to be there, however, is up to you. Do you like nature? Are you running from something? Backstory is big with this, and there’s a lot you can do.

Sign-up Thread
We will be accepting 6 other people, each in a tower. Below are the spots available.

NORTHHAZY LAKE FIRE TOWER
FILLED

ROSEWOOD PEAKS FIRE TOWER
FILLED

MEADOW FIRE TOWER
1 spots reserved

FALCON ROCK FIRE TOWER
1 spot open

Signups are here: Realistic or Modern - Channel 16 | Signups | Open . Please also look at the lore when making a character.

Last edited:
Interested! This sounds like a game I heard of once. Can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called. It was mysterious, eerie, and peppered with humor and human moments. Am I reading the vibe of this idea correctly? If so, I definitely want to see more!

Would you mind sharing your posting expectations? Before I get too excited, it would be wise to see whether I can keep up. Please and thank you!

tenor (1).gif
u know i'm interested, babes. very interested. going to play a more serious character if i get in bc.. hm.

Interested! This sounds like a game I heard of once. Can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called. It was mysterious, eerie, and peppered with humor and human moments. Am I reading the vibe of this idea correctly? If so, I definitely want to see more!

Would you mind sharing your posting expectations? Before I get too excited, it would be wise to see whether I can keep up. Please and thank you!
Hi! That's totally the vibe we're going for! Also, if you're maybe thinking of the game 'Firewatch', then that would be because I was listening to the soundtrack on repeat as we were writing up our plans, haha.

Anyway, posting expectations, length wise, would be 2 paragraph minimum. Just to keep some level of detail while still allowing for shorter posts if nothing truly is going on! For time given, it would be the amount of time you have until the posting order reaches your spot, + 2 days. After 2 days, we would move onto the next person, just to keep things running, but when the cycle reaches your spot again the next time around you can post, if I'm making any sense right now. If you meant something else, let me know & I'll elaborate further.

View attachment 611809
u know i'm interested, babes. very interested. going to play a more serious character if i get in bc.. hm.
Ohhh hell yea, man

Hi! That's totally the vibe we're going for! Also, if you're maybe thinking of the game 'Firewatch', then that would be because I was listening to the soundtrack on repeat as we were writing up our plans, haha.

Anyway, posting expectations, length wise, would be 2 paragraph minimum. Just to keep some level of detail while still allowing for shorter posts if nothing truly is going on! For time given, it would be the amount of time you have until the posting order reaches your spot, + 2 days. After 2 days, we would move onto the next person, just to keep things running, but when the cycle reaches your spot again the next time around you can post, if I'm making any sense right now. If you meant something else, let me know & I'll elaborate further.
THAT’S IT! Firewatch—what a pretty and kind of weird game. Nice! Totally down for a text-based RP with the same feel.

You answered my question exactly. Thank you for specifying! Just to make sure I understood correctly: there will be a posting order with a two paragraph minimum and a two-day window to post when it’s your turn. How does the posting order work when the characters are all in separate towers and potentially not speaking to certain people at certain times? Sorry if I’m jumping ahead. I just like to get a solid grasp of logistics we’ll up front. Thanks!

THAT’S IT! Firewatch—what a pretty and kind of weird game. Nice! Totally down for a text-based RP with the same feel.

You answered my question exactly. Thank you for specifying! Just to make sure I understood correctly: there will be a posting order with a two paragraph minimum and a two-day window to post when it’s your turn. How does the posting order work when the characters are all in separate towers and potentially not speaking to certain people at certain times? Sorry if I’m jumping ahead. I just like to get a solid grasp of logistics we’ll up front. Thanks!
You understood correctly, no worries!

So, there's 2 characters per tower, so you do have the other person to interact with. Other than that, there's the radio in which you can speak through, and depending on the situation, it's possible for characters to meet up in different areas. At first, interaction will probably be mostly between the people sharing towers and through the radio, but as time goes on and the first event comes around, there'll be reason for characters to meet up/work together/run into one another. However, if there comes a time where interaction and things to write about slows, we'll keep things flexible and allow for time skips or the moving forward of events, and if people respond at a good pace- not too fast, not too slow -and it makes more sense to demolish the posting order, we'll do that. The worry is just that people will get left behind, and that it'll turn into a 1x1 for two people rather than a group.

It'll really depend on how driven characters are to talk with others, as well as how driven they are to travel around. If that makes sense? We'll be working out more of the logistics in signups, once we get a good idea of who's interested. We're going to be open to player suggestion on how to make things run more smoothly and in a way that everyone approves of.

elytra elytra That’s super helpful. I’m a-okay with a posting order. Getting left behind just because you post just a tad slower than one or two other people is not fun at all. But also appreciate the flexibility. Thanks again!

elytra elytra That’s super helpful. I’m a-okay with a posting order. Getting left behind just because you post just a tad slower than one or two other people is not fun at all. But also appreciate the flexibility. Thanks again!
No problem! Happy to answer.

Hi! I’m brand new to the site and looking to start playing; This sounds like something I’d be interested in.
Hey there! Welcome to the site! We're so glad that you're interested and we look forward to playing with you :-) !

Writing up lore & sign up now, and I'll post them here when they're done! Still taking questions as well as shows of interest here in the meantime

So in if there's spots
Looking at the interest we have right now, we will still have one or two spots open even if everyone who commented joins, so yep! There are going to be spots available!

As a person who wants to work in National Forests as a career and a huge fan of Firewatch, this is so exciting. This gives me vibes from Firewatch and Do you Copy. I love. My excitement is 110%

As a person who wants to work in National Forests as a career and a huge fan of Firewatch, this is so exciting. This gives me vibes from Firewatch and Do you Copy. I love. My excitement is 110%
Haha, same here actually! Firewatch was a HUGE inspiration for it, and Do You Copy was personally on my mind. Plus, I'm aiming to work in the National Parks system, so there's also that. Glad we're catering to more peoples interests than just our own!

I'm working on getting up lore soon, which will have a map (drawn by Jewel Jewel , it looks AMAZING) and the different radio frequency, amongst other things. We'll tag everyone when it's up!

Haha, same here actually! Firewatch was a HUGE inspiration for it, and Do You Copy was personally on my mind. Plus, I'm aiming to work in the National Parks system, so there's also that. Glad we're catering to more peoples interests than just our own!

I'm working on getting up lore soon, which will have a map (drawn by Jewel Jewel , it looks AMAZING) and the different radio frequency, amongst other things. We'll tag everyone when it's up!
That's so amazing. Just knowing that this could be somewhat inspired by those works makes this so much more interesting. The moment the CS goes up I will be destroying my keyboard XD

That's so amazing. Just knowing that this could be somewhat inspired by those works makes this so much more interesting. The moment the CS goes up I will be destroying my keyboard XD
I'm so glad, you have no idea :') It'll DEFINITELY be up today, maybe in the next one or two hours.

Almost done; I'm just adding a section or two more, and then I'll be posting lore, along with signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back