• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Earth-92562

Welcome to one universe in a vast multiverse created by the Celestials. While I am using canon data from various Marvel fandom sites, this universe is very separate from the others for reasons unknown. This Earth lacks any of the Marvel characters. This includes Celestials, Eternals, Avengers, X-Men, etc. For all intents and purposes it is an Earth-Prime, where all Capes were works of fiction.

The timeline diverges in 1935. Shortly after this the first superhero vigilantes and villains began to show up. You see, DC Comics was born in the autumn of 1934. Of course, none of these had powers of any sort. Those wouldn’t appear for a couple decades (mid 1950’s). These were of very limited abilities and skills still had far greater use than powers. Then in the mid 1970’s and 80’s. These were truly superhuman beings with powers beyond those of mortal men. Most of their powers were of the physical variety: running, durability, etc. For all intents and purposes they were supersoldiers. A few could even fly. But none of these would have been on par with something like the MCU Avengers.

Around the turn of the century, the next phase of superhuman development seemed to be the mind. (This is another two decades later - a generation!!! Yes, there is a pattern.) Powers such as telekinesis, teleportation, pyrokinesis, and such showed up. But again, such power was not in the same ballpark as anything seen in Marvel movies.

Now by the early 2020’s a pattern had clearly emerged. The superpowered individuals could trace their lineage back to the first superheroes and villains. In the early 2020’s the fifth wave of superhumans began to emerge. These begin to approach the power levels of earlier Avengers and weaker X-men. A rare few have a combination of physical and mental abilities - though not both in the new levels of power.

And then there are a very select few (your characters) who are in a tier to themselves. They will reach the sort of power levels of stronger Avengers, Asgardians (please not Odin himself), and stronger X-Men.

The Great Experiment

Blank CS

Our group will be composed of main characters who have “normal” parents. (They could be foster children raised by superpowered or talented normals.) However, genetically they have no relationships to previous heroes/villains. Where their power comes from will be a mystery. If foster children, their powers may mimic their adoptive parents.

This is VERY important. Main characters must range in age from 18-25.

Plot
Some of your characters may have a recent past working with some super team - like the world’s equivalents to Avengers, Defenders, League of this or that. Be creative about it. Maybe that will be how you developed fighting skills. For whatever reason you found your destiny lay elsewhere and you moved on. Then you all began to encounter one another. Maybe you heard about others with powers that were of the usual scale. Maybe you have always wondered why you? Maybe your powers have made you dangerous enemies or threaten to make your old friends targets.

Not everyone with your levels of powers have turned out to fit a heroic mold. Some are self serving. Some are ruthless and seek even more power.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Good content that adds to the story.

Last edited:
If this is open then count me in. Looks pretty awesome. How are you handling marvels vampires or Dhampir? Also demons? Are Demons playable because i may have an interesting character for either of these concepts.

If this is open then count me in. Looks pretty awesome. How are you handling marvels vampires or Dhampir? Also demons? Are Demons playable because i may have an interesting character for either of these concepts.

No and No. One of my favorite characters is a dhampyr, but he won't be allowed. Just doesn't fit this setting.

No and No. One of my favorite characters is a dhampyr, but he won't be allowed. Just doesn't fit this setting.
roger that. I can make a more simple mutant If thats easier. A cyborg, A mutant, and a Super soldier are my other three ideas :)

Think of this as a setting where a Celestial or something like one creates a new type of human strain (like Eternals, Deviants, etc). A dhampyr simply wouldn't fit into that. If one existed, he would be more on par with the weaker NPC's.

Think of this as a setting where a Celestial or something like one creates a new type of human strain (like Eternals, Deviants, etc). A dhampyr simply wouldn't fit into that. If one existed, he would be more on par with the weaker NPC's.
Thats fine i have moved on from the Dhampir.

I’m guessing that means aliens are out of the question as well correct?

From the sound of it im thinking the Super soldier or mutant idea seems to work the best.

Thats fine i have moved on from the Dhampir.

I’m guessing that means aliens are out of the question as well correct?

From the sound of it im thinking the Super soldier or mutant idea seems to work the best.

For the group .. yes.

This sounds interesting.

I do want to make sure I understood everything.

So this universe is one like Marvel/DC, but it is not in the canon universe. There are no canon heroes to be met or that even exist here.

Second, our characters as far as they know do not have any connection to superhumans. And they need something in their biography as to how they became trained in their abilities, both in being able to fight and using what makes them super human.

Do they need to be on line with being a "hero" or could they also be an anti hero?

So this universe is one like Marvel/DC, but it is not in the canon universe. There are no canon heroes to be met or that even exist here.
Correct.

Second, our characters as far as they know do not have any connection to superhumans. And they need something in their biography as to how they became trained in their abilities, both in being able to fight and using what makes them super human.
They may or may not be aware of their lack of a connection. In fact, if adopted and never told by another superhero, they could believe that they are related to past heroes (or villains).

Do they need to be on line with being a "hero" or could they also be an anti hero?

Hero would probably work better with a like minded group. Antihero could make for interesting friction with the world. Imagine Superman taking the law into his own hands ... Oh wait ... that's been done. That got kinda messy. If the whole group is antiheroes ... they may end up fighting everyone.

Did I make a CS thread yet? On my iPad at the moment. Starting my work day shortly.

Would it be possibly to give our character less than the allotted 21 points for the power grid?

No. Spend them. I would suggest sticking the points in something less noticeable - like durability.

This sounds cool, and I've been dying for a superhero rp for a while now. Not having all the baggage of the Marvel canon is helpful for character creation as well.

Still open?

Yep, looking for two more if we can get them. I am currently working on the intro post, but it will be such that joining in a little later will be simple enough.

First post is up.

First post is up.
What would you like for us to open with? Should we describe our own, current situation?

What would you like for us to open with? Should we describe our own, current situation?
I left that pretty open. I actually have multiple scenes for my own characters.
Some sort of scene that gives a good idea of how she uses her power on a day to day basis might be good. She strike me as a "man of the people" sort.

My own characters are very, very human, have family lives, etc. (I build my character personas without powers first, then add powers and consider how that might change them.)

I left that pretty open. I actually have multiple scenes for my own characters.
Some sort of scene that gives a good idea of how she uses her power on a day to day basis might be good. She strike me as a "man of the people" sort.

My own characters are very, very human, have family lives, etc. (I build my character personas without powers first, then add powers and consider how that might change them.)
I see

FYI, I deleted some of the earlier posts - mainly stuff with references to the old stat system. I wanted to avoid confusing people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back