• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Champagne Resolutions [Main]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
47ef501ed775df3e696ac9d5fdffc296.png

Beginning Settings

Famous:
A huge penthouse suite New Years party. Drinks are flowing, music is playing.
Resolutions are being made.
New year, new you?
jpeg_kempinski-das-tirol_living-room_as5-2-webseite.jpg;width=982;height=401;mode=crop;anchor=middlecenter;autorotate=true;quality=90;scale=both;progressive=true;encoder=freeimage

Non famous:
House party, also New Years.
Resolutions being made.
New year, new you?
pfw1iy2nrxz5h3f8gi7c.jpg

Nessarose
"Oh, honey. Too bad that money can't buy you a brain."

mood: party, party, party

with: no one yet

tags: no one yet

"Oh, my GOD! Nessa Cleary! I can't believe you're here!"

Plastering her almost too white, award winning smile on her face, Nessarose turned around when she heard someone call her name. Though this party was filled with people she didn't know, when the invite had made its way into her inbox, she couldn't turn it down. She and her mother had just moved here a few weeks ago; they were barely completely unpacked. When she'd made mention of the party to the older woman, Nessarose had begged her mother to let her go.

"I don't want it to turn into something embarrassing for you, Nessarose." Nessa remembered clearly that Claire had paused in doing the dishes then, the lines on her forehead pronounced more clearly. She was worried for her daughter, which Nessarose could understand and appreciate. But she had no friends here. Despite all that had happened back home with her father, and getting kicked out of the band and all, not everyone had turned against her.

Just most of them.

But this, she'd told her mom, was a chance for a fresh start. New places, new faces, and a chance for Nessarose to reinvent her image. Claire had sighed, then, and turned to look fully at her daughter. After a moment, the forehead wrinkles cleared some, and a small smile grew on her mom's face. Then she'd agreed.

A party was a party, no matter where you were. Whether you were in the boonies or Las Vegas, there wasn't much difference except for location. There would be alcohol, half naked bodies, dancing... same things everywhere. So that's how Nessarose felt at home in this penthouse suite that she didn't recognize, her outfit thrown haphazardly together as she'd found it in one of her many boxes.

Greeting the girl that approached her with a smile, she was more than a little surprised when the girl leaned in for a hug. Hugging her back, Nessa straightened after a moment, switching her champagne flute to her other hand. "Hey there," Nessarose took a tiny sip from the flute. "Nice party; is it yours?"

"Oh, this?" Flipping her hair over her shoulder, the dark haired vixen shook her head. "Not quite up to par with my standards." She had her own flute, and she held it gingerly between her first two fingers as she took in the blonde in front of her. "So, is it true?" She tilted her head, regarding Nessa carefully with a sly grin appearing on her features.

"Is what true?" Nessa had started to take another sip out of her flute, though she nearly choked when she heard what the girl said next.

"That you're all washed up? Kicked out of Glitterbomb, nowhere else to go. Daddy left mommy with all the bills, so you had to downsize?" The girl pursed her lips, bringing her glass up to her lips and downing the rest of its contents.

So much for a new start.

But Nessarose was used to the mean girls. They were everywhere when you were constantly under the camera glare. Forcing a grin, Nessa sighed and met the girls gaze. "Oh, honey. Too bad that money can't buy you a brain." Shaking her head, she downed the rest of the champagne in her own glass and pushed past the dark haired girl, the grin disappearing as soon as their shoulders bumped.

codedbycrucialstar

The buzz of noise was deafening, a not-so-lovely mixture of overly loud, crappy music with the bass high enough to make his teeth hurt, the buzz of conversation from dozens of teenagers driving them to yell to speak to someone right next to them which only added to the buzz of voices and the occasional loud crack as someone did something stupid or dropped something just in the next room. Groups of teenagers were spread out the house, some mingled between the groupings while others stood against the wall doing their best to be noticed or blend, sometimes, both. What dancing there was, if any, was little more then drunk girls being talked into it just so someone could watch or grind. Many dressed in nothing more then t-shirts and jeans while a few gals did their best to stand out with low cut dresses and skirts short enough to be redundant... In the midst of the alcohol, the noise, the teens and the hormones was Andrew and he had no idea why the fuck he was there. No, that wasn't true. He knew why he was there. Claire his only best friend had talked him into it. She had been invited, Andrew hadn't even known this was a thing until a few hours ago. He had resisted as much as he was able, but eventually caved. Claire was a little too Claire to come to a party on her own safely. Really nice, pretty girl plus alcohol and dumb guys equaled a lifetime of diapers and disappointment. At the thought of alcohol, Andrew glanced down at the cup filled with something in his hands. He had no idea what it was, someone was just going on a pouring frenzy making drinks and he grabbed one to not stand out more then he usually did. Andrew debated taking a sip before settling for a huff and headed front of the living room so he could sneak out and wait for Claire to poke her head in.

"Excuse me," Andrew said as he offered a tilted smile to Aaron Noring, a guya foot taller and built like a wall who blocked his path, a brunette Andrew didn't recognize tucked in the corner he was leaning on.

"Yeah?" Aaron said, the red cup in his hand tilting just enough for a small splash of the dark liquid to splatter against the carpet.

"It means move," Andrew said on reflex. There was a pointed silence as the words hung in the air and what he said made its way through all three of their minds.

"What did you say?" Aaron asked as he leaned near, more of the liquid in the cup spilling out onto the floor.

"I said I was down to my last twenty bucks, I really didn't know what to do," Andrew said as he blinked up to the bigger man as his hands turned the red cup in his hands.

"What?" Aaron asked as confusion worked its way through his inebriated brain that Andrew figured never did much for the guy anyways.

"So I asked myself the great question, I mean, the only question really, what would Jesus do?" Andrew said as he moved his hands careful to not add to the puddle Aaron was making on the floor with his own mystery drink.

Andrew lightly smacked Aaron onto the shoulder with his free hand and loudly proclaimed, "So I went and turned it into wine!" with a few exaggerated fake laughs thrown in for good measure. Laughs that died off as Aaron continued to glare at him, the confusion never having left his face, but the brunette in the corner gave a small giggle.

"Thank you! Whelp, there is my pity for the night from the pretty girls," Andrew said, pointing to the brunette as a bead of sweat rolled down his back, his mind in full auto-pilot as it worked to get him out of the situation, "And would you look at the time!" Andrew said, pretending to check his bare wrist, "I've got to go, its been fun Aaron! You scamp you, I'll probably see you in that Freshmen Algebra class, I'ma just slide right on through here," Andrew said. The long sentence that blurred into itself as he wedged himself between Aaron and the door frame, coming flush against the large man as he pushed himself through, "Whoa there cowboy, at least buy me a drink first.. right? No? Okay then," Andrew said wincing as he fought to regain breath after finally managing to get past Aaron and into the foyer.

Freedom at last, Andrew took a celebratory drink.. which he then spat back out onto the floor, "Who would make something like that!?"

Claire had better show up soon, Andrew wasn't sure how many of those quick escapes he had left in him and he had no idea how he'd get rid of this drink.

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

||”Stay wild, moon child”||

Klarion lit a cigarette as he stumbled out of his family’s limo. Camera flashes exploded in his face and he didn’t even flinch. He was used to it by now. He threw the screaming paparazzi his trade-mark cheeky grin.
As he made he way over to the double doors of the penthouse, the Valeska boy noticed all the reporters was asking the same question. “Is it true you went to jail?” He spat his gum out on the floor and sauntered inside. Klarion took his cigarette between two fingers and gave the receptionist the party invite. There were whispers and mutters from people around him. Three girls ,who had seemingly come from the party, gasped and giggled when they saw him. He winked at them and they ran out the door, spluttering and squealing like pigs. He dropped the smile. Klarion figured that he wanted to make their day, give them a funny story to gush to friends about. He almost regretted even looking at them for the noise they made. Klarion Valeska could make girls faint with a single word and make them cry with a few well placed winks.
The elevator pinged as it arrived. He stepped in, clicking the top floor button.
It was like he always said. There was little in this world more powerful that a pretty boy.

||Interactions: N/A||
||Location: Elevator||
||Mood: ...Fuck this||
||Outfit: Troublemaker||​

xxxAurora Plantagenet's brows knitted together as she stared at the wild scene before her from the window of her car. Her heart raced against her chest, nearly pounding in her ear drums. As she observed the chaos at the extravagant hotel, something swirled in the pit of her stomach. Was it nerves? A deep sigh escaped her lips as she pondered once more on leaving the car. Aurora wasn’t exactly opposed to the idea of a New Year’s Eve party but, she was supposed to stay under the radar. If she left her car now, she could only frown at the perspective of having to plaster a smile in front of the paparazzis once more. Aurora was used to being in the public eye, but, the more days that passed when she arrived in America, the more she wondered what would happen if she completely disappeared from the world and marched to the beat of her own drum. Would she have a better chance of attaining her goal of becoming a lawyer? Another soft sigh escaped her lips as she strategised her plan of escape from outside in. With an amused shake of her head, Aurora bit her lip to keep herself from laughing too loudly.
xxxSer Thomas, on the other hand, looked in the rearview mirror in question. With a furrowed brows, Ser Thomas cleared his throat as he politely spoke, “Miss? Is everything alright?”
xxxClearing her throat, Aurora sat straighter - shoulders back, legs to the side, and head up, “Yes, Ser Thomas. I am just,” she paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, “mulling over the idea of attending the party. It would be rude to not attend when I have been so kindly invited, but-”
xxx“Miss,” Ser Thomas interjected, “I hope you forgive me for interrupting, but if I may,” he cleared his throat. “The opportunity to enjoy your youth and immerse yourself with peers of your age is at your disposal. If I was in your shoes, Miss, I wouldn’t hesitate and as Americans say just do it.”
xxxA wide smile extended across her lips as Aurora’ eyes brightened at Ser Thomas’ encouragement. Ser Thomas, on the other hand, turned around and gave the young Miss a thumbs up. Leaning forward in her seat, scooting closer, Aurora nodded, “Thank you. You don’t have to open the door for me. I want to make my way around the frenzy. I noticed there’s backdoor, I will go through there instead.”
xxxWithout further ado, Aurora carefully opened the car door, foot first as she slowly got out. Her feet planted softly against the cement of the streets as she felt a cool breeze in her hair, taking in the fresh air of the night. Although the smell was putrid, Aurora couldn’t help but feel excitement course through her vein as she slowly made her way around the crowded front of the hotel.
xxxTo the famous person that took one for the team, Aurora was thankful for them as it seemed they were too enthralled in the male to even take note of her. Thankfully, Aurora managed to get through without a hassle, showing her invitation to the guard and/or bouncer, she walked inside the hotel. With one swift movement, Aurora walked with a purpose, timing herself as she got pressed the button for the elevator.
xxxOnce the ring was heard, Aurora stepped in, back against the wall, as she took out her cellular device to update Ser Thomas that she made it safely instead. Although she insisted that he could leave for the night and she would call someone else that was on night watch, Ser Thomas refused and was waiting outside the hotel if she needed anything. Despite Aurora’s protest, she was actually grateful for his refusal to leave her alone. In a foreign city, Aurora couldn’t help but feel her nerves bubbling up one by one.
xxxBut, as Aurora attempted to press the “up” button to the penthouse suite, the elevators wouldn’t close. Furrowing her brows, Aurora tried three more times before leaving the first elevator before seeing another elevator slowly closing. However, with another jump, Aurora fling herself to the closing elevator, placing her hand between the two doors as she called out, “Wait!”
xxxAurora felt her heart banging against her chest once more as she fearfully looked at the elevator doors, hoping in that small split second, her hand wouldn’t get crushed. Holding her breath, Aurora felt as if time stopped before the elevator opened widely once more only to reveal that she wasn’t alone. He caught up.
xxxWith a nervous chuckle Aurora sighed in relief, “The first elevator decided not to work. I apologise for stopping your . . ride up.” As she realised she was holding up the elevator, Aurora stepped inside before clicking the “up” bottom to get to the penthouse.
xxxNeedless to say, Aurora was conscientious, not recognising the male that was next to her. If she knew any better, she would have kept up with pop culture and other celebrities, but, alas, she wasn’t up-to date, at all. Aurora just hoped the person next to her in the elevator didn’t take offense when she didn’t recognise him.
xxxThe ride up the elevator took longer than she’d like and she could nearly smell the aftermath of a cigarette. Scrunching up her nose she sighed, turning towards the male to make some small talk. “Do you know who’s hosting the party? I have never been to a New Year’s Eve party so I wonder what it’s going to be like. How about you?” She questioned, turning to face the male, her blue eyes gazing pointedly at him.
xxxAnd as soon as she finished her question, a moment later the elevator opened.

location: outside - elevator - penthouse suite | tags: apolla apolla , L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Last edited:
Klarion shrugged, “I just get asked to turn up to parties.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and made his way out the elevator. His boots cracked on the cold marble and it echoed through the hall. A door was lit up at the end, faint music coming from beyond it. Flashing lights painted the walls, and him once he stepped through them. He stopped dead and turned, emerald eyes slashing into her, “sorry I didn’t catch your name?” He grinned, “I’m Klarion by the way, Klarion Valeska.”

||Interactions: deer deer ||​

tumblr_n9tyuo1gPv1qhw9vxo1_500.gif
Late, Claire was running late to the party and she wouldn't mind if she late on her own since she was far from being the life of the party, but she was rather worried about Andrew, he hated that kind of environment and it was always her the one that dragged him to all the parties, she couldn't even remember one time when he invited her to a party, in fact, she always auto invite herself to every birthday of Andrew but only because that's what best friends do. She was worried that he would get in trouble for saying something, not a lot of people could understand his sense of humor except for her so for his safety Claire needed to arrive soon.

And Claire wouldn't argue with Andrew when it came to parties, it was obvious that they weren't their scene, but Claire insisted on coming because that's what the people their age did and sometimes it could be fun if someone didn't pay attention to the smoke or people getting drunk. Claire arrived at the party and knew she was in the right place due to the loud music and because Andrew was outside with a disgusted face and somehow with a relieved face too, maybe she was a little late and he already got in trouble, but somehow managed to get out of it.

Claire rushed to her best friends with a bag full of cookies that her mom made her take to the party "Sorry for coming late, my mom wouldn't let me go until the last batch of cookies were done, you know she still thinks that the craziest thing we do at parties is spin the bottle" She said with a small laugh. "So why don't we eat them and maybe try to find some soda inside and try not to caught up a lot of attention from the others" She added with a smile, knowing that even if they came to parties they would always end doing the same and just eat and talk about random things until they got bored and went back to their houses.
Interactions: Cosmo Cosmo
Outfit

m a r t yx.p e t e r s.

outfit - yeet ;; tags - ShadyAce ShadyAce (mentioned)

"I expect you to be back before the sun rises, mister."

A huge grin escaped Marty's lips, the sound of sizzling on the pan hissed to a silence as he placed the last of the toasted sandwiches on the plate. It was suppose to be a quiet night in, chilling with his mom and uncle, watching Dr Phil and munching on whatever Marty could mix together in a pan. But, just like the last few years since he'd joined the lacrosse team, Marty was expected to show up and flex with the rest of the team. The teen didn't understand why New Years was such a big deal anyway, it was just another night for all he cared. But when Marty heard about a certain princess being there, he couldn't help but leap at the opportunity.

"Of course mom, no later than nine am, I swear." Marty joked, plopping the plate in front of his mother who struggled to keep a stern look on her face. With a swift kiss on the forehead, Marty grabbed a silver flask and belongings before he rushed out the door with one last goodbye.

It was safe to assume it would've been quicker to walk to the party than to actually drive. With the bustling traffic outside his apartment, it was clear he was going to be late to party, which isn't unusual for the teen. Marty always had a tendency to be late to everything; classes, practice, even parties. It wasn't like he was purposely late, Marty just had the tendency to forget everything as soon as he's told. While the cold wind nipped at his dark skin, Marty watched with awe as the busy streets lit up with energy. He couldn't even deny how pretty they looked, that was definitely a plus about the night.

Once Marty had arrived, he heard his name cheered from multiple people and a thick body latch onto him.

"Marty, you're fucking here!"
"Hey, Rich, bud."

Marty's lanky body couldn't carry the weight of the school's thickest-- mentally and physically-- lacrosse player, Richard West. The guy easily stood over six foot and three inches, with messy blonde locks that constantly fell in front of his eyes. With one whiff, Marty could smell the overwhelming odour of sneaked in beer. Marty tried his best to keep his friendly grin on his face, cautiously pushing his friend's large arm off from around his shoulder before it broke off.

"You need a drink! It's time to relax, dude, we won the season."

A sly grin grew on Marty's lips as he pulled out his flask from his pocket, tapping the side of his nose with a wink towards his friend. "Already brought my own stuff." He mused as he took a sip from the flask, allowing the liquid to flow down his throat before pulling a dramatic face while swallowing. "It's tequila." Marty spoke, you know, like a liar.

The last thing Marty wanted to do on New Years was get drunk, maybe it was because he was haunted by the stories his uncle told him about getting totally wasted on New Years and the bad luck that came with it. Or maybe it was because Marty just didn't feel the need to have some substance fulfil his need for fun, thankfully water looked the exact same as tequila.

Marty earned a respected nod and smile from Rich who took another big gulp from his beer, frowning for a moment as he realised he had finished the bottle entirely. "Damn, I'm gonna get some more. See ya, later." Rich slurred before wandering through the crowd and disappearing out of sight. A relieved sigh escaped from Marty as he shoved the flask back into his pocket.

Next mission, to find Mia and win her heart.

[class=container] width: 450px; height: 390px; padding: 20px; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #fafafa; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class=bar] background-color: #bb87c0; height: 25px; width: 100%; padding-right: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: right; color: white; float: left; [/class] [class=scroll] width: calc(100% + 29px); height: 100%; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class=content] background-color: white; height: 230px; width: 100%; border: 1px solid #ededed; box-sizing: border-box; float: left; font-size: 12px; color: black; padding: 10px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=gap] float: left; height: 100%; width: 29.5px; [/class] [class=gap2] float: left; height: 20px; width: 100%; [/class] [class=picture] height: 80px; width: 80px; float: left; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [div class=container] [div class=bar]MIA MARTIN.[/div] [div class=content] [div class=scroll] Mia held a red solo cup, a staple of the many parties she attended, glancing down at the cheap beer within it. She was exhausted, having only finished work a couple hours ago. People wanted to go out on New Years Eve, and that meant people had to work. Mia took all the work she could get. She sat in the bathroom, door locked shut. Even with such a barrier, the flashing lights and pounding music bled through. She stood up from the ground, approaching the mirror and placing her drink on the counter top. Mia stared for a few, silent moments. The party was white noise she was overly used to.

Her dark brown eyes lingered on the liquid again. Mia threw her head back, downing the rest of the drink in one go. Mia dropped the cup on the ground, and reapplied her lipstick. She glanced at herself one last time, happy with her makeup. She was tired, but Mia was always ready to party. She turned the lock on the bathroom door and made her way back downstairs to the main party. She was ready to dance the night away. Even thought tonight was 'special', Mia saw it only as another party.

"Mia!" she heard a squeal through the pounding music. The female spun on her heels, and a wide grin plastered her face. "Alice!" she rushed over, hugging the other girl tightly. Her closet thing to a friend, and a fellow cheerleader. "Let's not delay! To the dance floor." Mia giggled with delight, pulling Alice through the tightly packed teenagers to the make-shift dance floor that would certainly be stained at the night's end. The two girls stood close together, moving and swaying to the beat of the pulsing music, her senses overwhelmed with a scent of sweat and alcohol and flashing lights.

As per usual, Mia could feel stares of admiration, which she craved.

After a couple songs, there was a distinct male barking from the front door. That usually meant a lacrosse member was here, and as though on queue, she heard the name 'marty' bleed through and rippled in the crowds. He was the star player, and he was here. And that meant Mia, being the popular girl and his 'girlfriend', had to be there, clinging onto him and smiling widely. Mia rushed away from Alice, and began wading through the many bodies and groups towards the front of the house. But with each step she took, someone smiled at her or tried to start a conversation. Mia was not the type of popular to be rude or ignore, and so she excitedly talked to everyone, finishing old conversations or starting new ones she would pick up again sometime in the coming weeks. Mia's popularity stemmed both from her status in the school, but her liveliness.

And she needed to keep it that way. So Marty and Mia had agreed to fake date, purely for the clout it would provide.

Mia finally reached the front of the house, her eyes landing on Marty. She quickly corrected her stance before calling out, "Marty!" Instantaneously, people shuffled slightly out of the way so Mia could walk up and wrap her arms around her boyfriend. "What took you so long?" A smile graced her lips, but it didn't quite meet her eyes. Instead, they were serpentine, and she knew Marty would understand her true intentions for asking the question. [/div] [/div] [div class=gap2][/div]
[div class=scroll style="width: calc(100% + 19px);"] [div class=picture style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/330215e4ac9de7702680aa214752030b/tumblr_inline_piu26h35Za1u13r5i_500.gif');"]
[div class=gap][/div] [div class=picture style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/fe1a04c07d5173db7344e5989a95dac7/tumblr_inline_piu271IkIU1u13r5i_500.gif');"][/div] [div class=gap]

[/div] [div class=picture style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/30b3e777f2eab5e26886e1d275c63b97/tumblr_inline_piu27eylev1u13r5i_500.gif');"][/div] [div class=gap][/div] [div class=picture style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/5a896696c871424baa198e39da53a476/tumblr_inline_piu27redRh1u13r5i_500.gif');"][/div]

outfit... here xxxxx location... house party xxxxx tags... nymphadora. nymphadora. [/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Chris Nevarro
_kj-apa-attends-foxs-teen-choice-awards-at-the-forum-on-august-12-2018-in-inglewood-california-photo-by-jon-kopaloff_filmmagic-square.jpg

It would surprise you when you hear that Chris Nevarro, better known under his alias Nevar, didn't like parties that much. The teenager started his career performing at several clubs, with big parties, in the cities at the East Coast. Some said that Chris was the best at hosting a party at the club, better than anyone at the East Coast. However, parties means dancing and dancing means tripping over your feet and causing a scene. For the last few months Chris had been touring around the West Coast. His parents had the idea that a choreographed dance would enhance the show. But there was one problem, Chris could not dance. He fell always. One time during a show, when he just got a grasp of the choreography, he tripped over his feet and fell on stage. The videos of it went viral. Chris bruised his ankle during the fall and his parents decided that Chris would be home during Christmas and New Year.
Chris had heard of this party at a penthouse where some famous people were attending. A night without cameras flashing or people asking for a kiss or photograph. That sounded a lot like something Chris needed. But there was still that dancing part, he could just say that he bruised his ankle. That would work.
"Mom, tonight I'm going to that party I told you about" Chris shouted from his room to the home-office of his mother. In the distance he heard a reply "What party? When? Where? Who will be there?". Chris sighed, his mother always with her many questions. Chris had vaguely mentioned the party, so his parents would not pay that much attention to the fact that he would go out. He looked around his room, he was already ready for the party. Outside it was cold, but it wasn't raining or snowing. He trew on a jacket and decided that he would walk to the party after taking a trip trough the city. "Bye mom!" He said, running down the stairs and slamming the door before his mother could reply.
After a walk trough the park, eating a pizza at a small pizzaria Chris finally arrived at the penthouse. He took the elevator to the right floor and followed the sound of the music. They probably knew he was coming, since they were playing one of his songs, remixed into a dance version. He noticed two other people at the hallway. He recognized the male, he was an actor, but Chris couldn't remember his name. He walked towards them "Hello, you two are also going to the party or having a night alone?" He grinned.

deer deer L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Nessarose
"Oh, honey. Too bad that money can't buy you a brain."

mood: party, party, party

with: no one yet

tags: no one yet

Finding a nearby table to set her empty glass on, Nessa couldn't help the scowl that appeared on her lips as she sought the edge of the room. Maybe coming here was a mistake. She'd never been the type of girl to use her fame to win people over, at least not that she thought. But people still being so rude just... irked her. Pissed her off. Sure, Nessa had her own faults but she wasn't a horrible person.

Realizing she needed a minute to cool off, she found the door and shoved it open to the hallway. Sadly, there were people out here too, and she screeched to a halt as the door swung shut behind her, muffling the sounds of the party and music inside. "Oh, I didn't realize there was a meeting going on out here." She muttered, feeling trapped.

"I'll just, uh." She paused, glancing around. She really only had two options: stay or leave. But stay in the hallway? Stay at the party? Crap, damn it. "I'll just go."

Without warning, she spun on her heel and reentered the party. Surrounded by the noise and people again, she felt slightly less on edge. At least in here she wasn't the center of attention, whereas in the hallway it'd been eyes on her for just a moment as she stumbled into the hallway.

Shivering, she snuck through the crowd again, snaking another glass of champagne on the way. She found herself out on the slightly less crowded balcony, glass in hand, watching people swim on the level below her.

---
Interactions: Aurora ( deer deer ), Klarion ( L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel ) & Chris ( Yarrow Yarrow )

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
“I just get asked to turn up to parties.”

With a small head tilt, Aurora couldn’t help but allow a small smile to display on her lips as she nodded her head in solidarity, understanding. She knew exactly what the male meant. Aurora could practically feel the many times she felt a paper cut on her fingers from opening so many invitations to appear at a charity function or event for either her publicity or another’s. Nevertheless, Aurora made her way out of the elevator, walking behind the male to head to the New Year’s Eve party. But, as if hit with a whiff of a breeze, Aurora’s heart thumped against her chest as the music from the penthouse suite blared loudly - encompassing the hallway itself as flashing lights creeped through the doors. Aurora nearly bumped behind the male’s back, distracted to say the least, as she was filled with excitement and curiosity. However, before Aurora could satiate her intrigue, the male in front of her stopped dead in his tracks as his emerald green eyes met her own ocean blue ones.

“Sorry I didn’t catch your name?” He grinned, “I’m Klarion by the way, Klarion Valeska.”

Oh, she was an absolute dunce. It absolutely slipped her mind of ever formerly introducing herself and Aurora, for the second time tonight, felt odd and out of her element. She didn’t like the bubbling emotions at all. Nevertheless, Klarion didn’t seem like to sort to mind etiquette, but rather had a more laid-back attitude. However, it didn’t go pass her notice that he seemed to be one of those “heart-throbs” females would practically fling themselves onto. But, not wanting to continue her rudeness or make him wait any longer, Aurora extended her hand for a simple hand-shake.

“The fault is mine. It is a pleasure to meet you, Klarion Valeska.” She politely responded, only to pause for a moment as she was at a lost whether to give a faux name or her real one. But, almost as if a switch had clicked in her head from the countless times she had to introduce herself in a business-like manner, she knew hiding her identity would only be revealed later. The truth always won.

“My name is - “ But before she could finish a voice from behind approached, nearly causing her to jump as her foot moved forward, slightly inching closer to Klarion unconsciously.

"Hello, you two are also going to the party or having a night alone?" The voice called out, approaching with a grin.

Turning around to see the male in question, Aurora blinked back her surprise as she knitted her brows together in confusion. Although she didn’t recognise who he was, much like Klarion, he gave off an aura that’ll demand the attention of the room. Nevertheless, a blush crept on Aurora’s cheeks at the forwardness of his words. Unconsciously, her head turned towards Klarion before back at the unknown boy.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable, though, it was not the first time, Aurora kept her mask on, a thin smile making her way towards her lips as she laughed softly, shaking her head. “Oh, no. It just happened Klarion and I bumped into each other.“ Biting her tongue, Aurora mentally chastised herself, realising she was explaining herself when she didn’t need to. But, saved once more, the door opened only to reveal a startled female that seemed to be just as stunned by the group that huddled the hallway as she was. Keeping her attention on her, Aurora was about to make her way over towards her, as an almost inaudible sigh of relief came. However, as quick as her luck came as quick as it left.

“Oh, I didn't realize there was a meeting going on out here." She muttered, "I'll just, uh - I'll just go."

“Wait!” Aurora called out, not realising she voiced it out. Another embarrassed blush crept on her face as she felt her cheeks reddening. This was just not her not. Absolutely brilliant, Aurora. She was just making a fool of herself. Aurora never knew how self-conscious she was but, here she was. Clearing her throat as she quickly tried to save the moment, Aurora took a step up, getting some air away from the two boys. Turning towards them halfway, Aurora nodded, “Wouldn’t want to be late to the party, right? Let’s head inside.” She let out a nervous chuckle before heading towards the penthouse.

However, before Aurora turned the door knob, she looked behind, signaling them to come in as well. Aurora didn’t know the end game, but, if her conversation need to go well tonight, she might as well try harder to fit in.

“I’m Aurora.”

At that, she walked inside the penthouse only to be greeted with a crowd of people. The lights streaming every which way nearly blinded her eyesight as she took in her surroundings. The music bounced around the room as she could barely hear herself think. She was definitely not in her regular socialite parties anymore. Nevertheless, her eyes went every which way, from the kitchen filled with food and people hanging about towards the living room where there were couches and other tables to immerse in. But, what caught her attention the most was the sparkles that came when a female made her way around the penthouse, two champagne in one hand as cheers and hoo-ha’s commenced.

But, after a few moments of gawking at the scene, Aurora shook her head, maneuvering herself through the crowd as she wondered if the other two she met with would come and find her. Wishful thinking, perhaps. Nevertheless, as the glasses of champagne were being poured, Aurora took one for herself, smiling as she passed others - grateful not many seemed to recognise her in her get-up: an attire she never thought she’d ever wear.

Soon, Aurora found herself on the balcony, feeling the fresh air hit her face as she sighed blissfully. This was where she wanted to go. It seemed to be less crowded outside and Aurora couldn’t help but smile into her champagne glass as she took a sip. But, as she surveyed her surroundings, she noticed the female from before. Deciding to risk it, Aurora made her way to the other side, finding herself more peaceful in the less crowded space. She was still present at the party but she didn’t need to converse so much.

As she approached, Aurora raised her glass, “Do you mind if I join you?” She asked softly before her eyes went towards the buildings ahead, ignoring those on the other floor, of the different flashing lights outside. “It’s nice out here. I never thought I would come to a party like this, much less, the States.” Aurora commented in afterthought, taking another sip of her champagne.

interactions: L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel , Yarrow Yarrow , apolla apolla | with: [ currently ] Nessarose , [ previously ] Klarion and Chris
location: [ previously ] hallway , [ currently ] outside on the balcony of the penthouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back