• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ceylily's unholy yugioh ooc

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ceyrise

only fools fall in
I'm here to water the plants and play card games and I'm all out of plants!

I have no idea how to actually play this game though, I'm just here for the character drama and the Egyptian dark magic

Lilure Lilure

yu-gi-oh.gif

It's fine, we'll just do whatever anyways!! ^_^ I think I know enough about the rules if we wanna make some new cards that I can integrate them well, and this is all anime fun times so let's just make neat characters/decks!

Omg it's Yugi! I haven't seen that little nerd in forever, this is actually going to be so much fun! I might have to rewatch the anime for the first since I was little just for this!

I'm lucky you're here, a master game designer playing a master of the game! Please design cool witchy cards for me if I can't find any that exist already. :D

Okay so, we have your game master girlie and my dragon boi, but I was wondering what other kinds of characters we should make? I want to have a little friend group!

Master game designer? I... :specialeyes:<3

Okay, let's look at the cast list so far:

Clever-but-shy-card-gamer-protagonist
Slightly-deranged-ancient-spirit-secondary-protagonist
Super-smart-super-sexy-dragon-loving-deuteragonist

Potential additions:
Lovable-and-lucky-half-rate-duelist-friend
Too-pretty-for-you-but-sweet-bean-friend
Token-edgelord-rival-but-still-soft-friend
Gremlin-memelord-with-too-much-energy-friend

Last edited:
"Too-pretty-for-you-but-sweet-bean-friend"
I volunteer as tribute

I also realllllly want to see the meme lord but I'm not good at playing those kinds of characters.

Not the memelord :sick:

I can't make any new characters until I finish with Karina and the Pharaoh (they're not really one, but they might as well be). So no promises from me until then! >_<

Last edited:
Too pretty for you is my character arc, so of course I have to take it! No worries about rushing though, just take your time and have fun with the girlies, but I can't wait to see them!

I also kind of really want to play a villain? Like, evil Egyptain sorcerer villain. But I don't know what to do with that.

I think we should try to make use of all the Millennium items because some of them were really underutilized I feel like. Maybe your sorcerer could have one of the items? Ooh, maybe it's someone trying to collect souls for some reason unrelated to the main squad at first but then our peeps find out about this and are like, "um, no."

Last edited:
That's a good idea. Maybe she (I'm already feeling sorceress vibes xD) could be the descendant of an ancient sorcerer and the item could've been passed down through her family line? Then she found out it has magic and maybe was a nice person at first but went the corruptive-power-route and she's collecting souls to right a wrong or something.

I can think about it some more. She can be the second or third villain maybe? The first one definitely has to be, "did you know this children's card game is infused with dark magic from ancient society?" person because plot.

I just gasped! Maybe she's sort of a fringe friend to to main group but is kind of excluded just because she's not as close to them and she gets into Duel Monsters to try and be cool and make friends but something happens and then she finds out about her ancestor and feels special because she has this magic item now but then she starts using it to get revenge on people that bullied or ignored her or something this sounds random but yes!

Are we in high school or college here?

Last edited:
You want her to be Carrie? xD Of course I like your idea!

I think we decided juniors or seniors in high school to start? Because it's more interesting for someone to join a new high school after the year already started!

Oh, you're totally right! It also helps Karina's character trait of not knowing what's she wants to do yet, I remember now! Okay, high school then! ^_^ I'm gonna make Karina a junior I think, just because that'll make the plot a little more spaced out over an extra year in-game and whatnot.

Last edited:
Okay! I'll put my babes down as juniors then. I'm going to work on their sheets a little bit now.

Okay, I have finished with Karina's sheet minus details about her relations and a few miscellaneous items and the song player because it's been a while since I've worked with one!

I'll start working on her ancient counterpart now. :smilepuff:

She’s just lovely! Her history was interesting to read and I’m so excited to interact with her and make her cute friends!

Instead of the usual gardening videos for my breaks today, I have been taking crash courses on how to play this card game and I blame you entirely for it.

I am pretty excited to scream, “I set this monster in attack position!!” though.

Haha! You just activated my trap card, "Card Game Fixation!" As long as it remains active on they field, you will be forced to roleplay playing a decades old card game with me!

And Phira is done! Minus miscellany xD

Last edited:
Considering I barely know what a trap card is, looks like we'll be in this one for the long haul.

Phira is a queen. Quite literally but also metaphorically, she has scary awesome energy. Speaking of characters, I just need to write Xander's history and assemble the sheet together and he'll be posted!

Thank you for loving my girls! I am sooo excited to see what you're doing with Xander!

Also! For their first duel, I was wondering if maybe they should use different decks? That way we can save Xander's reveal and it'll also give us a chance to get a feel for writing the matches. Maybe they could use decks they've been building, since they both like the game I imagine they might have other decks besides just their main ones?

Yeah, that totally makes sense! Since Karina is knowledgeable about the game, she'd probably know that only the world champ has the blue-eyes cards, so if in their first duel Xander uses them, she'll know right away which will be awkward for their bonding on both ends, I think. You're also right about sort of "test running" our writing abilities with the matches, that sounds good so we can work out the best way to elaborate on those scenes.

Also, I've been looking through so many cards and there's some cool ones that seem awesome to me but that I don't think Xander would personally use, so I can put those in his other deck and I'll still get to use them that way!

Ooh, what kinds of cards have you been thinking about? There's some fairy cards I like, like the planet agents? But neither of my girlies would use those though, they're a little to edgy haha! Even for a secondary deck. I might make Karina's alternative deck based around beasts, I feel like she might like some of those cards.

Witch of the Black Forest is really cool, I might use her for a different character though because she's neat enough that I think she deserves more screen time. I like the Harpies, I'd probably want to use that type if I was a duelist! The art is a little bit weird, but the Different Dimension(?) series is a compelling concept? I'm curious if there's some kind of lore with some of these cards because the DD stuff definitely seems like it's telling a story.

For Xander though, I think he'd use dragon cards in all of his decks, but maybe more unusual supporting monsters? I could see him using Witch of the Black Forest and Sangan (Sanwitch is superior), or some of those Lightsworn cards like the paladin? Also, what's the deal with the red-eyes dragon, is that like the mirror of the blue-eyes? Is it as rare? Maybe making a red-eyes deck for him to use would be a good hint about his real deck?

Side Note: Armed Dragon is amazing and I'm putting that in his main deck and no one can stop me.

I KNEW you'd like Witch of the Black Forest! Maybe you could give her to the pretty girl friend? Some of the cards have lore within duel monsters world and then lore within the real world within the story? Like, it's a little implied that the duel monsters characters no the cards come from the same realm and have lore behind them like a D&D thing? But the actual lore is that lots of the monsters are based on real monsters from the shadow realm and you know what, none of this makes sense, I'm not explaining well, but some of the cards do have lil stories to them!

The red-eyes is kind of a counterpart to the blue-eyes but it isn't as strong and the person who used the card in the anime was never really shown to be on the same level as Kaiba, you know? But! I think it would be cool to have Xander toy around with a red-eyes deck, that would be a cool foreshadowing thing. It is a rare card, but nowhere near blue-eyes level of course and with Xander's resources he could definitely get some copies if he wanted in my opinion.

No, I think I follow you. You're saying it's like, the guy who made up duel monsters gave some of the characters stories, like how blue-eyes has flavor text and in the made up lore world might be some super-powered fantasy dragon but that's just made up by the creator. Blue-eyes is based on the monster from the ancient shadow games that my thief king used to fight the pharaoh with, but the duel monsters creator doesn't know that, just that it was a real monster from Egypt.

It's a story within a story within our story which is why trying to explain is convoluted, but I am 92% sure I understand what you're trying to tell me and trying to tell is back to you was hard so I get it.

Okay, that's cool about the red-eyes, I'll think about it and the decks!

Xander is done! I was going to change the aesthetic with his sheet but I ended up really liking the beach theme and thought it might actually fit him well, so I went with that. I tried to make some of the sections like other users were writing them and whatnot so that's why there's a lot of tone change up. I hope you like what I came up with!

I. AM. IN. LOVE. :hearteyes: You did such an amazing job with his character omg. I love the lil touches you added, like did Rory write the sections under red_herring because I am so soft??? You personality sections are super poetic like always, why did I get kind of emotional reading it.:smilepuff: Also you made Red-Eyes his first deck.:specialeyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back