Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Both are awful and I hate them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

poison goth

spoingus
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Me personally, I like both, but I do tend to like cats better whenever it comes to just them in general...
Dogs are close to my favorite, but cats are my favorite. I mean, how could you not love something so funny and fluffy...
I do like dogs though....

mmm i do love both, but cats would have to be my absolute favorite

I love watching puppies and kitties, but dogs IRL scare the bejeezus out of me sometimes. Not a fan of the jumping. My cousin's dog jumped on me when I was really little and that scarred me for life ;-; she was twice my size

So I usually answer with cats
The purring, man
THE PURRING

Cats definitely....I did own a couple of awesome dogs when I was little but they are so high maintenance....the dog my dad has now hates to be alone at all! He barks like crazy and if you are in another room.with the door closed he goes crazy.

I just don't have the stamina to take a dog for walks every day and play fetch. The dog dad has is exhausting enough....

He barks sometimes late at night too. X.x..

Glad I have my kitty Midnight to balance out his craziness.

The cats are clearly superior as we have seen from the poll glory to the cats!

I've had bad experiences with cats, plus I'm allergic to them, so...
I used to loathe cats (now I'm more okay with them) but I prefer dogs any day, lol. I've never had a bad dog experience

THEY ARE A HERETIC! CRUSH THEM IN THE NAME OF CATS EVERYWHERE! PRAISE THE GREAT LION!

(long post, beware)​
Alright peeps, time to settle this. ONCE AND FOR ALL.
You might be thinking, "Holy crap. Why are cats winning?" Well, simple answer.
Cats are better. Now, this poll shouldn't mean anything (anything) to you, since you know, science isn't involved? Well, here are some reasons cats in my opinion are better.
1. Aww, that doggy loves everyone! That's not a bad thing!
Whelp.
You're wrong. You know how cats are so feisty at first? Well, cats love mean much more than dogs. Dogs love everyone. Cats are pretty critical for who they love. Technically, that dog hates you the same as everyone else in the world.
Who knows, they could hate everyone else? Will we ever know? Nah.
2. MICE BE GONE!
Cats love killing rodents. They'll just stand there lazy, rodent or bug pops up, well, goodbye bug or rodent.
Dogs?
Sure, they do sniff out cancer, but they can't do a simple thing such as kill a freaking bug or mouse.
Yup. Pathetic, right?
3. They don't make your house a swimming pool when needing to drink some water.
Cats are very tidy when eating or drinking. They don't shove their faces in the bowl such as let us say, an example, DOGS.
4. Cat people vs Dog people intelligence wise.
We all know dogs get us more exercise. Well, cats prove to make their owner smarter, (yeah, dogs, we can exercise without picking up your crap). Cat lovers tend to score higher than dog lovers. So I'm not saying that dog lovers are stupid, just saying "cats" might be the smarter option.

Heh heh.

5. WOAH, they don't take up half of your house!
Cats. Well, they tend to be pretty small. Dogs? Tend to not. Dogs pester you to go outside, they need more food, bigger beds, etc etc. Cats will literally poop and sleep in a box. Or even better, with you without farting!
6. They smell much better.
Have you ever smelled a dog fart?
If not, bless your heart, you will die inside when you smell it. Cats don't fart (as often) as dogs, and when they do... It's fine.
Dogs... I wish I could say the same.
7. They live longer!
Sure, cats run into mirrors, and doors, and glass, but that's not mentally, they're not stupid (probably the opposite), that's just how they're made. Cats live anywhere from 13 to 17 years (on average) and dogs only live 10 to 13 years (on average). Still a pretty long time for dogs though.
8. Your cat doesn't bark.
A cat meows, duh. But not as loud as a dog! Dogs wake you up. And your neighbors. Cats? Probably just you sometimes.
9. They let you sleep!
Cats don't bug you to wake up, sometimes for food. Dogs wake you up for each of the following several times each week:
a. They need to go outside to just stand there for 15 minutes and come back.
b. Go outside to go to the bathroom.
c. Just cause.
Cats? No, they don't wake you up because they desperately need you to live, but they respect you and let you sleep.
10. Some of them actually use the toilet!
Cats are smart enough to be able to use a human toilet!
And flush! Dogs cannot use it (as they are too big and probably would be very uncomfortable on them in which I would feel bad for them).
11. Cats go to the bathroom. INSIDE. IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Dogs. They go to the bathroom in the strangest places. On the patio. On the steps. Behind your car. IN YOUR CAR! Cats? Litter box. Litter box, litter box. Dogs? Yeah. Cats for sure win this one.
12. The memes man, the memes!
Dog memes can be pretty funny. However, cats star in the best and most well known ones. Nyan cat? Grumpy cat? Business cat?
13. Clean.
They don't need to be groomed a lot! They just clean themselves, and keep themselves that way! Dogs need to be groomed a lot!

Wow, that was... WOW. Now dog people, tell me a great one I haven't heard before.

I prefer dogs. They are loyal, friendly and willing to learn. I may also be a little biased cause I got scratched by a cat on my arm when I was young and half my family is allergic...

they are time bombs!

1. Aww, that doggy loves everyone! That's not a bad thing!
Whelp.
You're wrong. You know how cats are so feisty at first? Well, cats love mean much more than dogs. Dogs love everyone. Cats are pretty critical for who they love. Technically, that dog hates you the same as everyone else in the world.
Who knows, they could hate everyone else? Will we ever know? Nah.
That's a leap in logic if I've seen one. There's no connection between the premises and the conclusion.

2. MICE BE GONE!
Cats love killing rodents. They'll just stand there lazy, rodent or bug pops up, well, goodbye bug or rodent.
Mom, my class hamster is dead. Bring out the confetti!

3. They don't make your house a swimming pool when needing to drink some water.
Cats are very tidy when eating or drinking. They don't shove their faces in the bowl such as let us say, an example, DOGS.
Nope, they do it just as much. You don't notice it because of a little thing called evaporation.

4. Cat people vs Dog people intelligence wise.
We all know dogs get us more exercise. Well, cats prove to make their owner smarter, (yeah, dogs, we can exercise without picking up your crap). Cat lovers tend to score higher than dog lovers. So I'm not saying that dog lovers are stupid, just saying "cats" might be the smarter option.

Heh heh.
Oh, yeah. I once read a similar study. About how coffee gives you cancer. And another about cofee curing cancer. I mean, since we're just throwing meaningless statistics around :P

5. WOAH, they don't take up half of your house!
Cats. Well, they tend to be pretty small. Dogs? Tend to not. Dogs pester you to go outside, they need more food, bigger beds, etc etc. Cats will literally poop and sleep in a box. Or even better, with you without farting!
Dogs also come in small sizes. And big sizes. Cats only come in small. Even if the mini-sized version may be healthier, some people just prefer the larger one cause it's tastier. Even if that wasn't the case having the choice is better than a moderately, circumstanscialy better option as the only option.

6. They smell much better.
Have you ever smelled a dog fart?
If not, bless your heart, you will die inside when you smell it. Cats don't fart (as often) as dogs, and when they do... It's fine.
Dogs... I wish I could say the same.
So after you shower, do you stand there waiting until you fart to see whether it smells, and if it smells bad then you consider yourself to be smelling bad?

Not even disagreeing with this point, just... perplexed by your criteria for how someone smells.

7. They live longer!
Sure, cats run into mirrors, and doors, and glass, but that's not mentally, they're not stupid (probably the opposite), that's just how they're made. Cats live anywhere from 13 to 17 years (on average) and dogs only live 10 to 13 years (on average). Still a pretty long time for dogs though.
Well, yeah. Cats tend to live longer because dogs are often exposed to a lot more dangers for one thing. An animal you actually have to take outside is going to have a bigger chance of getting run over or catching a sickness (and this is not even counting how much more likely a wild dog is to be killed than a wild cat given the size difference). On the other hand though, cats tend to be more independent, so in those 10 to 13 years you probably get to spend more time with your dog than in the 13 to 17 years with the cat.

8. Your cat doesn't bark.
A cat meows, duh. But not as loud as a dog! Dogs wake you up. And your neighbors. Cats? Probably just you sometimes.
Most dogs don't randomly bark except when playing (which is often a delight to hear). If they do bark, you'll probably find that there is a stranger very close to your door. In fact barking has historically been one of the reasons people keep dogs around in the first place. So this is only a soft minus if not a plus for dogs.

9. They let you sleep!
Cats don't bug you to wake up, sometimes for food. Dogs wake you up for each of the following several times each week:
a. They need to go outside to just stand there for 15 minutes and come back.
b. Go outside to go to the bathroom.
c. Just cause.
If your dog is untrained and you just leave every door open for them to cross, then they will go into your room. If you leave a pot of cookies in the ground your toddler is probably gonna go there too. Not because there is anything wrong with them, but because you didn't take the proper caution. If I leave the window open with a bit of catnip on the edge, the cat might actually falll. Not because there is a problem with a cat, but because someone left catnip on the window.

In addition to this, did you know some people actually sleep BETTER with their pet around?

10. Some of them actually use the toilet!
Cats are smart enough to be able to use a human toilet!
And flush! Dogs cannot use it (as they are too big and probably would be very uncomfortable on them in which I would feel bad for them).
First I hear of this. I must say I am a bit skeptical of a cat actually doing so of its own accord. Kudos to them if they do of course.

Then again, you don't buy pets for them to do human things. If you want a small animal that learns to do human things, you adopt a baby (or make one if you have that option).

11. Cats go to the bathroom. INSIDE. IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Dogs. They go to the bathroom in the strangest places. On the patio. On the steps. Behind your car. IN YOUR CAR! Cats? Litter box. Litter box, litter box. Dogs? Yeah. Cats for sure win this one.
Not particularly. Cats are just as bad as dogs starting out, and dogs only poop outside because we teach them so. Now you, who was bothered by farts, imagine what it would be like if a dog just up and regularly left little "presents" in an exposed sandbox in the middle of your kitchen. Imagine that you are out for a bit of a day, the sheer stench.

Plus, remember that extra exercise you mentioned earlier? When do you think that happens?

12. The memes man, the memes!
Dog memes can be pretty funny. However, cats star in the best and most well known ones. Nyan cat? Grumpy cat? Business cat?
I suppose. Though that is not by any merit cats have. People who stay inside tend to prefer less physical activity, hence getting a cat over a dog. Guess who are the epople making all the memes?

Come to think of it, this probably also explains any bit of truth about that statistic earlier. Obviously people who spend less time exercising will also tend to have more time to study and such, so they would score better on a test. On the other hand though, emotional intelligence and social skills may be made more lacking for the same reason.

13. Clean.
They don't need to be groomed a lot! They just clean themselves, and keep themselves that way! Dogs need to be groomed a lot!
I got a dog 7 years ago. I didn't groom her once. She's gorgeous even today.

Cats need less grooming in the same way people with short hair need to brush their hair less, it's less noticeable because there is less to notice.

Now obviously, this is all in good fun. In a more serious tone, the whole discussion boils down to preference obviously, and personal experience with certain kinds of pets.

Plus, how can pets compete with kemonomimis? :P

559816_534277816617362_929584622_n.jpg
Izayoi.Sakuya.full.1298591.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it's cats. Calm, gallant creatures.
Dogs on the other hand... noisy, clumsy, constantly nagging.

Calm- lazy
Gallant- pompous, high and mighty

Clumsy- cute
Constantly nagging- friendly and present in your life

My, by not being a weeb, of course. ;)
We are all weebs deep inside. Give in to the Nyah. Give in to the wan. You know you want to!

How can everybody be so heartless? DOGS of course!!
Without my dog I wouldn't be able to cope.
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 13.34.32.png
This is when we first got her.

But, the thing is, I love, both to be honest.

I just... ARGH hate it when people hate cats for scratching or being allergic to them.
Every time I see a dog person and they say that they hate cats, that's their response. Sure, you cannot help it to be allergic to cats, but it's just not a valid reason.
Plus, all of the people I have seen who hate cats, well... They don't have a cat. I have a dog, it's an opinion. I just... Dogs hurt when they bite or scratch you. Cats are typically declawed after you get them (who on earth would do that to a dog?) and they don't bite hard.

Eh, just my opinion. Half of the cat haters out there just don't have one and don't know the joys of having one ^33^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back