• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Catgirls Kaiju Coffee

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The impact and the heat punches through the force field and shatters the pavement, sending long molten cracks through the pavement like a broken mirror. The raptor-girl-gangers scream and scatter, Harper finds herself in no small of trouble. The Earth begins to rumble, just as how the wizard's shovel summoned the tremors before- but now it rolled and grew until the trees lining the side walk, and the buildings and even the monorail pillars began to shake and sway.

A light peirced up out of the wreckage that Cessy had made, then up came two larger than life hands, it placed both hands around her like, a person might hold a baby bird. A voice in her mind said persuasively;"Excelent job, kitten...Haven't you ever just wanted to go ape shit? We could go apeshit."

- Czeslaw Russo -

"I've always wanted to do that." breathed Czeslaw, eyes desperate for relief. And she immediately grabbed a giant thumb, fire roaring high and ready to unleash.

TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

Power flowed into Czeslaw. Raw Unfiltered Powered. White hot unlimited power. And as the white energy enveloped her, the two giant hands braced themselves on the steaming pavement and hauled itself up and out of the ground- humanoid shaped and roiling with shadowing runes, four armed and with a head like a hatchet. The thing opened its maws and let out a victorious scream before the bright light of its being bloomed with fire.

Cessy had given herself willingly to the beast bound beneath the city pavement , held captive for who knew how long by the power of the five point intersecting leyline- and it was ready to go apeshit.

"Oh fuck," Nancy said with wide eyes. the white were visible all the way around like a distressed horse, which was something to see on her dinosaurian features. The other Dino-gangers had taken cover where they could and their bikes were destroyed, the wizard missing- left where they had bonked him.

Vidar staggered back, you could tell he was scared shitless because his face was completely devoid of emotion. He held out his right hand to the side, a sheath sword arrived- as if coming with great force and suddenly more than appearing. The Sheath was lavender and when he drew the blade- as if the sheath were immobile the blade was vorpal black, and shimmered like gasoline. He took up a stance as the kaiju-like light being smached through a section of the light rail and laughed, while the buildings around them caught fire and the pavement continued to go molten.

Last edited:
- Czeslaw Russo -
"I am free"

This was the best high she's felt from her flames yet. There was no inhibition, as her vision burned and blurred in hot blues and chilling reds. Czeslaw was happy. The terrible thing laughed as she laughed at the freedom to make all the things she didn't like stop.

BOOM

CRASH

She never liked that crowded light rail. The people that don't care and just bully their way. The blazing giant hatchet head crouched. Where were they? She'll make them stop once and for all --- and then she heard it among the fleeing commuters. A familiar metal ring tone.

A tall businessman, probably in his forties, the type with an upturned nose, eyes too important to care that he's talking to loudly in public on the phone type who stared paralyzed between answering a call. He had a small barking chihuahua in his arms defiantly yapping up at the giant flaming conflagration.

"YOU!" thundered blazing hatchet head. And the wind howled as four flaming giant arms pulled back into fists that blocked the skyline.

Last edited:
When Czeslaw landed, several things happened all at once: That big ol' fire boom, the earth gave way to some huge gozilla hands, and lots of screaming and running. It was loud and a lot to process. But boy was it enough to bring Harper back into the fight! Her ears flattened as her brain scrambled to catch up. She realized, perhaps being right at ground zero was not the safest spot anymore. With the dinoladies gone, the bikes trashed, and the wizard nowhere in sight, there was not much for her to hide behind anymore. Time to go! Go now! She scrambled. Two steps in, her sneaker got caught on something. Yelping, she tripped, nearly falling flat, but caught herself. Hell yeah, cat like reflexes! Looking down she saw Mr. Wizard's shovel.

She grumbled, Stupid wizard and his stupid circles. This could have been a fun evening if he had just been cool about all of this. Suddenly, she felt rather annoyed with him and his stupid shovel. Harper grabbed it. Yup. This was hers now. No take backsies. She was not sure if it was a key, or some magic doohickey, or just some hardware, however she knew it sure as heck was a shovel and if need be, it was gonna be a weapon. And it certainly felt like right now, was a need be kinda situation.

Avoiding the fire and molten asphalt, she rejoined the others and called out, "HEY GUYS, I THINK I KNOW WHAT MR. WIZARD WAS LOOKING FOR!"

Norah is used to people not laughing at her bad jokes, but she expected some kind of response from Nancy. This isn't the case however, as the dinosaur woman continues beating down on her former (?) boss.

"Uh, Nancy? Hey, Nancy, I think you can lay off now, he's down-"

She doesn't get more time to figure out how to get into the circle to stop the bikers' lieutenant, as from somewhere above a ball of fire hits the other side of the pavement runes. For a second she's relieved to see Czeslaw, but several bad things happen very quickly.

It sucks to admit, given that she's supposed to be a badass powerful catgirl (which she still is), but... for Norah at least, every time she encounters kaiju is just like the first: terrifying. And this time, the nightmare scenario: the monster grabs her friend.

"CZESLAW! CZESLAW!!" she screams, her throat going dry, voice cracking in the sudden heat.

She shakes her head. Now is not the time to panic. Taking stock of the disaster before her, Norah figures that blasted wizard has to be around here someplace. She spots him through a heat wave, slumped on the ground and looking pretty bad. "Not as bad as he will be if he won't help me get Cessy back," she growls under her breath. She tightens her backpack's straps, rolls up her long sleeves. Taking several long steps back, Norah then runs and jumps into the fire...

Literally. Swearing (and sweating) profusely, she very narrowly escapes landing directly in a puddle of the now molten pavement. Norah jumps around a bit more, trying desperately to reach the wizard, but comes to dead end after dead end: obstacles she has to admit are just too dangerous to pass. And it's so damn hot. It's so hot the rubber of her sneakers actually start melting.

"This is ridiculous," she finally gasps. Parched, certain she's been burnt in a few places, she retreats to her team to catch her breath. Have it your way, wizard. Time for Plan B.

...As soon as she figures out what Plan B even is, of course.

Last edited:
Kevin had lots of plans for monster fights. He knew the Catgirl V Kaiju matchup like a pro, and although he wasn’t anywhere near an S+ tier catgirl, their group composition was incredible. Kevin even had plans for the situation at hand. These plans didn’t account for being surprised by a kaiju (reasonable, given how unsubtle they were) the emotional shock of seeing it EAT CZESLAW (reasonable given that they were friends) or the Kaiju USING CZESLAW’S FLAMES AGAINST THEM. (A little hard to justify, given that many Kaiju breathe fire naturally.)

Kevin did follow his usual game plan, but the emotional turmoil behind it wasn’t great for him. The Windy Thing worked best with slow, measured breaths. He was practically hyperventilating as he shouted.

“YOU. ATE. CZESLAW! ARS MAGNA VENTUS, YOU MONSTER!”

The first step in any Kaiju battle was to do one’s best to get the fight away from civilians and buildings. Kevin’s harsh gale, even accompanied by glowing eyes and luminescent markings appearing on his skin, didn’t quite throw the flaming monstrosity out to the bay, where the freezing salt water might mitigate the heat. But at LEAST he sent it flying downhill. That was a start. The next thing would be to try retrieving Czeslaw. And Kevin only knew the one way.

“Vidar, I NEED you to cut Cessy out of that thing. Save her. Your swords can cut deep enough, right?”

Vidar was just wondering to himself; Can he cut a energy kaiju? When Kevin made his demand.

He had already hesitated.

"Right," He said and griped his sword so it made that little anime chink noise.

- Blazing Hatchet Head -

CRASH

The flaming four fist missed the terrified businessman, demolishing the side of the station, as a roaring wind knocked the giant downhill.

The chaos was deafeningly catastrophic, as the earth rose like an upturned table from the landing of the monster. Buildings and cars were catapulted into the air, raining flaming debris the size of garden sheds upon the city. The earth shook and a great plume of dust came roaring from the bay, enveloping the night in a hazy grey, as the fire dimmed for a moment.

The monster rose from the dust cloud, shadow runes broiling, cloaked in dark smoke, and simmering embers. It was looking at Kevin as though it had been betrayed.

"WHY DID YOU ATTACK ME?" Czeslaw snarled in a deadly whisper, throat alight with fire. "I AM NOT THE BAD GUY, HE IS!" Its chest brightened like bursting daylight. "WHY ARE YOU PROTECTING HIM?!" And a great raging pillar of flames blasted forth from its maw, barreling through buildings and upturned earth straight for them.

Attending to her burns doesn't feel like it should be a priority given how fast this had become a real clustercuss, but Norah was hurting pretty bad. She slings her bag to the ground, hissing when the metal zipper is hot to the touch. But she retrieves her water bottle and drinks from it deeply before pulling out the first aid kit at least long enough to get some ointment and a bandage on her poor, singed tail.

Kevin puts it together before she does and, upset as she can see he is, still summons a wind to be proud of. Norah's stomach plummets farther, if that's even possible, as Kevin issues an unexpected order to Vidar. Snap out of it, she commands herself. No mourning 'til it's over. She downs a few painkillers and- what the hell- sloshes about half the remaining water onto her head before getting back to her feet and joining her friends.

Her eyes widen at the trail of destruction visible after the dust cloud clears, but that's nothing compared to when the kaiju clambers to its feet. There's something more aware in its look than the usual beast-

It speaks.

It speaks, directly to Kevin, sounding almost like…

But it can't be.

"Cessy?" Norah croaks, tearing up unexpectedly. What the hell is happ- oh shit.

She lunges forward, grabs Kevin by the scarf around his neck, and tackle-drags him behind the nearest overturned car just in time for the blast of fire- Czeslaw's fire- to torch the street where they'd just been standing.

Meanwhile, at the Arcade
a collab with TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

The thing about trying to date as a catboy was that you were a powerful magical creature, and most people were a little wary about that, for obvious reasons. But Julie was also a strange and powerful creature (though Cathal wasn’t sure what kind, and he thought it would be rude to ask), and so that was alright, as they walked arm in arm under Julie’s umbrella to the arcade a few blocks down from the Coffee Pawt.

“So,” he said, as they separated to circle a large puddle and then rejoined on the other side of it, “What’s the best game to win to show off for a cute girl? Asking for a friend. The friend is me.”

“Hmmm,” She said devilishly, “Ski ball.”

“Oh, thank god,” he said. “That’s the only one I can play.”

“~how convenient!”

When they stepped into the arcade it was full of happy bink and ding sounds, the cheery tune of anime intro themes and the screeching of a toddler in the wild.

Cathal shook in a rather doglike fashion and then bought them several handfuls of tokens before they headed back to the skee ball machines in the back, several of which were playing an enticing little tune out of sync with each other. Cathal picked one near the middle and stuck a token into the slot, making it chime in excitement.

“Now watch me miss every shot, since I said I was good at this,” he predicted brightly.

Julie clapped in excitement as she said, “I would allow it.”

“How kind of you,” Cathal said. He immediately bounced the first ball off of the center ring and then fell into the oubliette at the base.

“Ah,” he said. “Just like that.”

“So talented,” She teased, “Are you an oracle?”

“I’m the worst oracle. Delphi fired me, and now I make coffee,” he said solemnly. His second ball thunked solidly into the big 10 point ring.

“It’s a tough economy,” She said in serius commiseration, taking his words as truth and not sarcasm, as if they resonated with her personally on shared experience.

“Truly,” Cathal said in earnest agreement. His third underhand swing finally hit the mark, right in the center 50 point ring.

“That was extremely sexy,” She said.

“Thank you. It takes me three tries at anything to be competent. Solid number, three.”

“So...you’re agreeing to two more dates?”

“Oh, brave of you. If you insist,” Cathal said gallantly, and immediately beefed his fourth ball into the oubiette.

“C’mon, win me the big rabbit, I believe in you,” She said- and that's when the first tremor hit the arcade.

“Uh-oh,” Cathal said, but sent his fifth ball back into the 50 point ring rather than make any attempt to go investigate the tremor.

“Oh- Getting started early tonight,” Julie agreed as the second tremor hit.

“Thank you for rescuing me from fighting kaiju,” Cathal said. “I’m not great at it.” He lobbed the sixth ball into one of the corner 100 point rings. “Oh hell yeah.”

“Yeah. but you make the best coffee in town~” She said affectionately as the world shook and a bad viber rippled across the city. Distant sounds of chaos erupted and the guy meaning hte prize counter scurried to the windows and cursed loudly before getting the fuck out of dodge.

“OHO-HO HOOO!” Julie said in delight like she’d just won a jackpot, looking around as the arcade goers evacuated. She shoved her tokens into the skee ball machine, grabbed up as many of the balls as she could hold and crawled up the ramp and started shoving them in to the 500 tubes like a criminal. “I want the rabbit!”

Cathal cackled and stuck a fresh token into his machine and followed suit.

As the property damaged increased and the tremors got worse, Harper curled up trying to avoid getting hit. Why was there so much fire?!?! The only one she knew who was that good at fires was- Then it clicked. The shouting. The panic. The big ass flipping fire monster. She must have missed it. The moment it happened. How could she have missed seeing what it had done to dear Cessy? She had just destroyed the circle. And then-

She covered her ears as more fire and yelling was spat their way. That voice. It sounded both alien and yet so, so familiar. It made her feel sick.

Harper winced- her hair stood on its ends- as the air suddenly became hotter. It felt like standing in a furnace. Despite all that, it was the burnt smell hit her the hardest. How did it smell exactly like the oven? Her fingers squeezed the shovel so hard it hurt. This mission wasn't fun anymore. She wanted to be back at the cafe.

Part of Vidar was hopping that Kevin's windy thing would blow it all the way into the bay and extinguish it's flames. No luck it seemed. He took a step back, positioned his sword to the ready and then slowly behind him- then flash stepped away.

Which was always sort of disconcerting trick he could pull, considering he went about the coffee shop and his life in sort of a methodical low stakes sort of pace.

He darted up over cars and ruble, jumped onto the awning of one of the shops, kicked jump between two of the smaller buildings and then leaped up onto another taller brick building and launched himself at the fiery ley line entity. He brought his sword down diagonally across a huge swath of the beast, from neck to hip, the slice exploding outwards with energy like water balloon being unzipped. The ley line creature topples, four arms pinwheeling uselessly as its legs go in another direction entirely.

Vidar lands heavily on his feet in the street, close to the intial dig-zone intersection where it had all started. His next move would have been to rush over to the chest portion of the kaiju and pulled Cessy out. But aparently it only needed to arms to continue to smash things.

He looks over at Norah, Kevin and karper and then back at the not defeated monster with a Do-you-fucking-see-this gesture of blank faced outrage.

Now I know how those poor zucchini breads felt, Norah thinks hysterically. The blast of fire rocks the car at her back but miraculously doesn't push it over onto her and Kevin. After a long minute the heat wave fades and the vehicle settles.

Feeling like the target in an oversized game of whack-a-mole, Norah peers around the car. To her relief, the kaiju's attention isn't on them: Vidar has neatly gutted the thing with a cut from shoulder to hip, and it's flailing on its back like an overturned beetle. While this has still taken out a decent chunk of the waterfront, at least it's sort of down. Vidar himself is coming in for a landing after doing his super special awesome sword attack. Seeing that it hardly disabled the monster, much less killed it, he looks back to the remaining catgirls with an expression of frustration and disbelief.

She sighs. "You okay, Kev?" Over her shoulder, she thinks she sees Kevin twitching beneath all his layers. "I'm gonna try and go... do… something. Um. Awesome wind, by the way!" With a tired smile and a thumbs-up, she runs off (Vidar gets a thumbs-up and a "nice cut!" too, as she passes him).

Norah isn't stealthy or quick like some of the others. She jogs downhill toward the kaiju, hoping it doesn't get up before she can get down there. In the meantime, she thinks. This thing is using Czeslaw's flames, her voice. How exactly she couldn't say, but it almost seems like Cessy is controlling the beast; piloting it, in a rather ironic twist of tropes, like a mech suit.

At first she thinks she'll try to knock the kaiju the rest of the way into the lake, so even if she can't get her friend out, hopefully Czeslaw will be too wet to cause more damage. But then Norah remembers the kaiju's hurt and angry voice: "Why did you attack me? I am not the bad guy, he is!"

Kevin couldn't have known what was happening, but using his wind against her had hurt Cessy's feelings. While Norah didn't know who "he" was for certain, she thought back to this morning and the man Cessy said bullied her on the train. No punching, she promises. Only if all else fails.

The beast from the ley line radiates heat as Norah approaches it. Fortunately the nearby rubble gives her a clear shot to get on top of it. She climbs on top of a slightly squished car, from there scrambles onto the roof of a sheltered bus stop. Pulling her water bottle out of her bag, she takes another long drink, dumps the remainder over her head again, and stows it back in her backpack. Taking a deep breath she shouts her friend's name before jumping down onto the kaiju's chest.

Standing atop the ley line creature is disorienting at best. "Czeslaw!" she calls again. "Kevin didn't mean to hit you, he didn't know it was you!" She wanders across the broad chest, not sure what she's looking for, but heading for the heart. "I'm sorry you've been bullied, and I'm sorry I didn't know! But please, this isn't how to serve justice. It's just going to put more pain into the world."

Coming to a stop roughly above its heart, Norah kneels down. "This has to stop. I'm getting you out of here, okay?" Wincing, she reaches down into the being of light, her hands searching until she brushes something different. "Come on, Cessy," she breathes, grabbing her friend and pulling with all her might. "Let's go home, okay?"

- Czeslaw Russo -

Czeslaw had been shocked, staring at Vidar, friendship severed.

Now the monster was cursing into the night, even more lost in bitterness and hate, until it heard Norah's voice.

"Who cares about the world?! World doesn't care about me!"

And then she was pulled out of the fire, cool reds and hot blues blurred into the real ember night. The real touch of a friend. Not the voice that promised to make everything okay if she just let go. And she came to herself, blinking as though from a dream, remorse creeping up her face, as she weakly clutched on to Norah, and what she had done dawned on her.

All she could see was destruction.

"Norah . . . " she burried her face in her shoulder. "I am so sorry. I am so sorry. Is am so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry . . . "

The flames died down. Pit . . . pat . . . pitter, patter, rain fell on the city and the night sky marred by great billowing pillars of dark smoke and the sound of sirens in the distance, as Czeslaw ugly cried into Norah's shirt on top of the smoldering kaiju corpse.

"Is Kevin okay, Norah? Is Harper? Did I hurt them? I saw Vidar, but the others are they . . . ?"

What was left of the ley line entity began to melt and hiss then evaporate in the rain, disappearing like smoke along with the rest of the dying fires. how ever its presence clung to Norah obnoxiously but silently for now.

"I need a raise," Nancy said to no one as the rain started to fall.

In the rubble of the intersection the madness had started in Tom the wizard was sprawled pathetically out cold.

She's never been happier to get caught in the rain. It begins slowly but grows steady as Norah cradles the sobbing Czeslaw, rubbing her back and making gentle shushing noises. They're soon drenched, but it feels wonderful.

"Shh, it's okay, Cessy. You're okay," she murmurs. "Yeah, everyone's fine. Maybe a bit singed around the edges. Probably gonna have words with the wizard when he wakes up. But they're fine." She's thinking through what to say next. It's important to her that she acknowledges the monster's last words.

"The world does care about you, Cessy, I promise it does. Everyone at the Coffee Pawt, all your critters, even total strangers you'll never meet! This world is full of love. Are there a few individual assholes out there who don't give a shit about anything? Yes, but we don't care what they think! Because fuck 'em, nobody likes them anyway right?" She gives her friend a squeeze.

"Oh, kitten. You don't really believe that, do you?"

The voice is so near it takes everything in her not to flinch. Still holding Czeslaw, she glances around for its source, but sees nothing.

"The world is a big, bad, mean place, and there are a lot more than 'a few' individual assholes. If it really cared, why would terrible things like this happen?"

Norah doesn't acknowledge the voice; she realizes what she's sitting on top of, and she isn't gonna let this thing traumatize Czeslaw any more than it already has. "Shhh, you're all right. You don't need to be sorry, love, it's okay…"

"It's 'okay'? You're really telling her it's okay?" the disembodied voice goes on. "Look at the city! Feel your burns! Your friends could've died; you almost did. And you say she doesn't need to be sorry?"

Now Norah's starting to get annoyed.

"That's right, kitten. This all could've been avoided if they'd just listened to you: especially that fool wizard. Why don't you go give him a piece of your mind?"

She freezes. That's what she'd just been thinking of doing.

"Exactly! Show him how you feel; show them all how you feel. The world doesn't care now, but you could make it care. Haven't you ever just wanted to go apeshit? We could go apeshit."

Norah coaxes Cessy to her feet. The voice waits eagerly, like it's holding its breath.

I would love to go apeshit, actually, she replies. On something chocolatey, I think.

"Come on, Czeslaw," she says out loud. "Let's make Vidar buy us ice cream on the way home." She leads her friend to the edge of the kaiju's body and helps her slide down the side.

The presence of the ley line creature seems to frown, going silent. They walk away from its corpse, but Norah can still sense it. She beat it today, that's true. It can wait, though. It's used to waiting.

- Czeslaw Russo -

"Right." blubbered Czeslaw, looking away and breathing fire through her nose to disintegrate her snot. "Okay . . . Okay, I'd like ice cream." She wiped her tears and looked at how singed Norah was and how willing she was to help her. "Thank you, Norah, for saving me again. This is twice you did that today." she gave her a watery smile, then sniffed and looked away blowing more nose fires.

She was distracted as they climbed their way around all the rubble towards the others, and didn't speak for a while, deep in thought, though she did look up every now and then when she thought she may have heard someone needing help.

"Norah, can I tell you something?" she said suddenly. "I'm afraid . . . of myself . . . That thing, it talked to me, it offered me the chance to just let go, and I said yes . . . and . . . I liked it." she buried her face in her hands. Deep inhale. "It felt really good . . ." she looked very troubled and wondering what to do.

When the others came into view, Czeslaw waved at them hesitantly. "H-hey, guys."

Last edited:
Seeing Cessy's sniffles Norah starts to slide her backpack down her shoulder to grab a packet of tissues, but her friend has her own way of handling a runny nose. It's a serious moment, but she giggles anyway, returning Czeslaw's little smile with a broad grin. "Of course! That's what friends are for, right?"

They walk quietly for a ways, huffing back up the city's steep hills. If it weren't for the mess and smoke, she could almost pretend they just got caught in the rain on their way home from an afternoon at the waterfront.

Then Czeslaw speaks up. Norah becomes aware of the thing in question watching them again, seeming to look suggestively at her from just over her shoulder. She shudders, trying to shake it off so she can focus on comforting Cessy, but it lingers. Norah can feel it silently judging the words she tries to put together.

She wraps an arm around Czeslaw's shoulder and gives her an affectionate squeeze. "I think… Being self-aware enough to understand that…" Internally, she groans, struggling to explain what she means. God, words are hard. The presense smirks at her and mentally she flips it off before continuing.

"Maybe letting go felt good, but the consequences of doing so were bad," Norah reasons out loud. "To me, realizing that is proof that you're a good person with a good heart. And that maybe you don't have to be afraid of yourself. That thing took advantage of you." She glares at it in her mind. "I don't think there's anything wrong with how you feel. What's wrong is that it preyed on a person who was hurting and used that to hurt others. So please be gentle with yourself, okay?"

They crest another hill, their friends coming into sight. Norah raises the hand not around Cessy's shoulder in a triumphant thumbs-up. "We lived!" she laughs. "I think we deserve ice cream now, yes or yes?"

Kevin needed a lot of time to process everything that just happened. Firstly, the reveal that the Monster somehow merged with Czeslaw, and she was the one behind the controls. Secondly, Vidar’s big slice. Thirdly, Norah running up and talking her down... Kevin suddenly felt guilty, useless, and filled with regrets. He felt like he should be apologizing or comforting cessy or... something! But instead he decided to focus on fixing everything else. So he started by searching the wizard for any kind of magic books, scrolls, or... anything that might tell him what the fool did. Instead he found a lot of squarters, cigarettes, receipts for PUPPERCHINO of all places, a bunch of empty lighters, a best of queen cassette (with no player?) and a few bits of pocket lint. Next, Kevin removed his very obviously magic (and very cigarette smoke scented) jacket, and collected the glowing skateboard. Nothing to do with the current ritual there either, but now he was definitely disarmed. Kevin had hoped he wouldn’t have to resort to it, but he only had one option left: Waking up Tom. So Kevin gave Tom a few light smacks to his cheek and spoke.

“Hey. Mr. wizard. Wake up. You need to fix your mess.”

There was a strange silence that set in once the rain began. Slowly, and ever so carefully, Harper dared to peak a glance at the outcome. Her heart fluttered as she was filled with a cautious hope. Turning to see what was left of the monster, she saw one hell of a mess. But more importantly, she saw Norah holding what appeared to be Cessy! Relief and delight immediately set in. It was dangerously thrilling. It's over isn't it? Isn't it? Is it really over? The cut up monster sure seemed to indicate so. Although the cleanup would be a whole other issue... But that was a job for another group of folks. Harper thought it was safe to assume that their part in all of this was officially over!

Shovel still in hand, she ran over to Norah and Cessy and leapt knowing full well that her coworker would catch her when she did so.

"Did someone say ice cream?" she asked.

The wizard groaned awake and sat up. Without out his jacket he looked a lot smaller and even more pathetic in his cut up Dr. Doom shirt now that left lens of his glasses was busted out.

"what the fuck did you catgirls do?" He asked looking around, "NANCY! You hit me!"

"You were a racoon!" Nancy called from a great distance. She was helping one of her comrades right their motorcycle and was too busy to comment further. Tom went through six or micro expressions rangingfrom what are you talking about to anger to I guess I can't argue with that. He sighed bigly and patted down his chest like he's looking for something in his non existent pockets until he stopped short and gave keven a wild wide eyed and angry.

"HEY!" he said pointing at Kevin, "That's my jacket!"

Meanwhile, Vidar appearifies his scabbard and sheathed his sword, and it vanished with a sense of great motion just the way it came.

"I could go for Ice cream," He chimed in

Last edited:
“It is. And your skateboard. And if you want either one back you’re going to fix all the stuff your awful Kaiju busted up. You’re gonna tell us why you summoned it, too.”

Said Kevin, speaking with an oddly authoritative tone and kneading the jacket menacingly... As though at any second he was ready to rip it in half.

“Your squarters are forfeit, though. Emotional damages. Our Ice cream’s on you.”

"My what- what are you talking about. I was here to reinforce the warding. it has to be replaced every hundred years....Oh man- it got out- aw shit- aw hell-" He said getting to his feet not realizing the situation had already been handled. His concern eclipsed his need for his jacket, but upon seeing that things were calming and that folks were sticking their heads out of their hiding places and the rain was putting out the fires he slumped- the thing locked beneath the ley line had already been defeated.

He took a step back, squared his shoulders, cracked his neck and summoning up all the power of a punk rock wizard clapped his hands- magical energy surged and swirled around him, whisping first around his feet and then rippling outward like an explosion- an explosion that fixed things. items righted themselves, pavement uncobbled itself, fires unburned, cars unflipped like he'd press the rewind button.

and then they were standing in the rain on a perfectly normal street. The wizard looked pale and wobbled after the feat but held out his hand for his jacket expectantly.

Harper's face lights up as they approach. She's acquired a shovel from somewhere (wasn't the wizard holding one earlier?) and doesn't let it go when she makes a running jump for Norah. Stepping away from Czeslaw she braces for impact. "Oh look, you can do this when my hands aren't full of coffee," Norah teases, easily catching Harper in a bridal carry.

To her surprise, it's Kevin who's playing tough guy with the wizard, holding his magic items hostage. Maybe she shouldn't be proud of that, given how much smaller and more ordinary the man looks without them. But she is, although now she feels bad enough for him she wonders if they should invite him to go get ice cream, too.

"I thought you didn't like him," the monster pipes up.

Are you really still here? Norah retorts.

The wizard seems confused by Kev's accusations, though, and genuinely concerned when he sees the damage the kaiju did. With a move she must admit is truly impressive, his magic blasts past them all, putting everything back to rights. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, Norah sasses back at it. The presence in her mind quiets. She gives a low whistle of respect in response to the spell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back