• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Catgirls Kaiju Coffee

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
some where from the top of the tower the wizard's voice said, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Last edited:
Norah and the others are within eavesdropping distance, trying (perhaps not very well) to blend in with the tourists between a popcorn vendor and a copse of trees. Much as she would like to listen in, Kevin seemed extremely overstimulated the whole walk over and perhaps even more so now as they linger in this busy place. She excuses herself and gets in the queue for the popcorn stand.

She returns a few moments later with a huge bag of warm, fresh kettle corn. Humming something that sounds like "Peggy Sue", she steals a handful from the bag before offering the rest to Kevin. "Here, love, have a snack."

Licking the sugar off her fingers, she glances over at where Cathal stands to request the wizard's aide. "Not been zapped to kingdom come yet- that's a good sign, right?" she remarks to Harper and Vidar.

Harper waved at the man in his tower, before answering Norah with a smile that was just a tad too enthusiastic to be innocent, "Maybe he doesn't remember what we did?"

"Ah, Harper!" Norah's eyes go wide and she reaches out, turning Harper's wave into a high-five. "I'm certain he does remember, so maybe we don't want him to notice we're here? And that's why we sent Cathal over there by himself?" She keeps Harper's hand in hers and turns them toward the windows of the gift shop at the tower's base. "Let's be inconspicuous, okay?"

"Oh!" Harper let out a tiny squeak at the high five. She however made absolutely no protests towards being redirected. If anything, somebody might look upon Harper leaning her head against Norah as they window shopped hand in hand and assume that this had been her plan all along. It hadn't. But she was no-doubt satisfied with the results. "Can do." she hummed contently.

"I just had a question!" Cathal called back. "Haven't you ever wanted to see a very tiny T-Rex?" He gestured at Sue, who was still twining around him enthusiastically.

" I Mean-" came the voice, "Yeaaaaaaaaaah-"

the wizard kickflipped into existence not far from Cathal and then scooped up his skate board and looked up at the undead electric construct, "Where did you get it? Did you make this?"

Sue made sad little bird noises and hummed like a fluorescent light but was in fact good.

The Wizard Tom put his hands in his pockets and asked, "So you want me to shrink your new pet?" The answer was obviously yes so he didn't wait for an answer, "You're one of those coffee pawt cats right- the one that actually makes good coffee?" this was also obviously true so he went on, "If I shrink this dinosaurs whats in it for me?"

The Wizards eyes went big for a moment and pushed up his glasses like anime villain- he hadn't expected that to work. He steepled his fingers for a moment, either for drama or to think of the right spell, but he rubbed his hands together until they sparked pink and with a loud clap Sue was compressed into what was easily mistaken for a chicken- feathers and all. "Tada" said the wizard with a small bow.

"Oh!" Cathal said, dropping the lead and hurrying to scoop up the little dinosaur before she scurried away. "You're so wee! Look at your little feathers!" he held the dinosaur up ice cream cone style so Tom could behold. Sue made a tiny squawk of indignation and began preening herself. "She's so small now. Thank you."

"Sixteen ounce iced vanilla with soy!" Cathal called brightly. He turned and brandished Sue at the others victoriously. She made a small burble of discontent that he felt stronger than he heard.

Calling out a coffee order does the trick: Norah’s ears perk up and draw her attention back to Cathal. He holds Sue triumphantly aloft, now condensed down to a fat, grumpy chicken.

“Heyyyyy!” She throws her hands up in celebration, still not having let go of Harper’s hand. “Success!”

In one hand, Harper is absentmindedly texting Theo the freshest memes while checking out some of the oversized tourist teeshirts she is fairly certain no living person has actually ever purchased let alone worn. So that is why when her other hand- still holding onto Norah- is suddenly thrown up into the air, it takes a few seconds for her to catch up. She eyes the hand in near-betrayed confusion, then to Norah with slightly more confusion, then finally following over Norah's gaze to Cathal and the not so dino-sized dinosaur. Ahhh.

She sends Theo the spongebob victory screech gif, right before throwing her arm up to complete the celebration.

"HELL YEAH!!!" she yells out before tilting her head to the others, "...Now what?"

vidar had just bought a bright pink tourist t-shirt hats said SEATTLES BEST DAD with the city skyline below it. "Oh-" He said in delight at the sight of the teeny tiny t-rex, "I didn't think that was gonna work, but okay."

Back at base, the shop closed up a bit early, the team has a chance to explore the uncannily lived in space above their cafe. Vidar finds a colection of knives in a little cary case beneathteh bottom bunk with the psycaelic orchid sheets and assumes it's his. The whole space is strewn with what is undeniably signs of your own habitation. it's almost creepy but it does feel like home.

"I'm not the only one who thinks this is like. Spooky. Right?" Cathal asked. He lay on his back on the bed with blue sheets showered with constellations of yellow stars, the tiny t-rex curled up on his belly and sleeping contentedly as Cathal stroked its feathers. "I suppose I'm not complaining, but still. Spooky." There was a hair brush and several hair ties complete with long ginger hair tangled in them on the nightstand next to the bed, and red flannel pjs just his side thrown haphazardly on the end. They clashed dramatically with both his hair and his bedspread.

“Ohh yeah. Extremely, extremely… spooky,” Norah agrees. She’s frowning at a bookcase where one of the shelves is tightly packed with her favorite books (and a couple on her “to be read” list which don’t look like they’ve been touched yet), almost none of which she’d previously had the space to keep on hand.

A weird mix of excitement over just getting to have stuff but guilt over possibly inadvertently stealing this stuff from another universe’s version of her (in itself a headache-inducing concept) swims around her head. She takes a deep breath and squishes her face into her hands for a second, trying to ground herself. Focus on the good parts, she thinks. Like hey- not that she needs more crap, but life as a catgirl has until now been one of having very little personal boundaries. And with an apartment instead of just a back room, it seems like they’ll all have a bit more space to breathe.

When she looks up again she notices a little plastic bin filled with about a dozen half-used bottles of nail polish, which elicits a gasp from the blue-haired catgirl. “Oh shit, I haven’t had time to paint my nails in years!” Eagerly she digs through the colors until deciding on an iridescent turquoise that’s almost the same shade as her hair. Shaking the bottle, she turns to the others. “Guys, we should paint our nails tonight- if you want to, anyway.”

Still shaking her nail polish, Norah wanders over and leans in the doorway. “Hey, if Sue gets to live in the flat, does that mean we have to let other critters in too? ‘Cus like, there’s room for us, but idk how many other party animals will fit in this place.” She grins. “By the way, Cathal, I love the jimjams.”

There was a very long time where Kevin was a few steps to the left and behind of reality. He’d have to coexist with a giant bony thunder lizard which might try to eat any or all of the wonderful, magical creatures that lived in the back alley. Now they were asking Tom for something and actually expecting to get it without a fight or an argument. Now the dinoskeleton was a tiny chickenlike thing. At some point someone handed him a snack and he idly began munching away. It was light, crunchy-soft, and vaguely sweet with little in the way of flavor. Kevin wasn’t sure he liked it, but he didn’t dislike it, either. It was kind of an odd grounding baseline. Eventually he registered that it was some type of popcorn, and that they were going home. Kevin was good with that, and stepped close enough to reality to be himself by the time they got home.

When they did, Kevin found his area to not only have an empty spot where his clone tube clearly belonged and was promptly hauled to, but also shelves filled with the proper tools to maintain it, a proper clone tube wetsuit (which he equipped) one last half-full tank of his original brand of clone juice, and a bin containing... Tarps?

“I... I don’t know about more pets. Sue and Cathal are probably more than enough for us.” He said, the tease meant to be light, tension releasing. He kept examining the tarps, however. That’s when he noticed a few were in the midst of being sewn together. Forming rounded squarish tubes...

“... Oh. Oh! I was working on a paraglider in this timeline!... I should finish it.”

Kevin said, excited as he located the needle, checked the thread, and got into the soothing, meditative rhythm of slowly stitching together his ticket to something resembling flight...

When the others explored the newly discovered upstairs, Harper remained below to collect a few things from the shop. Firstly, Theo had neatly folded her blanket up, storing it behind the counter- a polite and courteous act that didn’t go unappreciated. She tossed the blanket over her shoulders, like she often did once they got back from missions, as she continued onto item number two. Or rather multiple items. Neatly placed on the counter were five bags each carefully labeled with a name of one of the coffee cats with a note that read “From management”. She had spotted them from one of the windows and knew that they all had to have them. Harper had snapped a quick photo of the item in question and requested the order back at the wizard tower, but had not expected to have them arrive quite this quickly. It all went to show that management operated in some seriously weird, but cool ways. She wasn’t about to complain about it though.

Grabbing the bag with her name on it she removed a pair of brand new pajama bottoms. After a quick change in the bathroom, she was delighted to not only find them a perfect fit, but also extremely soft. The remainder of her bag had been filled with a big ol' bag of goldfish and an array of other snacks perfectly tailored to her taste. Odd since she did not recall telling Theo or anybody else that she liked sprite and peanut butter cups with her cheddar treats, but there they were. She supposed the others probably had similar favs in their own bags along with the matching pants.

This was gonna be a fantastic sleepover/moving in party! Bounding upstairs with her gifties in hand she called out to the apartment, “OKAY WHO WANTS GOODIES!?”

She laid each of the bags on the coffee table that had both never been used and yet had been used a hundred or more so times before and with a flourish presented them to whomever was brave or curious enough to check it out.

(- 1 tip for pjs and snacky snacks)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back