• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Catch Me If You Can

Feileks

Roleplay Type(s)
6bf63525fcfc387822af26c46abdb7ce.jpg

It was a Friday evening at Lynne's café, which was located somewhere in Wolf Trap, West Virginia. A fairly tall, petite young woman with long strawberry blonde hair stood a few feet away from the counter as she scrolled through her Microsoft Surface Duo. She wore a blue blazer, a white dress shirt beneath it, and black cara jeans. To anyone who might have been paying attention, she seemed a bit flustered and would occasionally look up to see if a barista had called her name. They had messed up her drink order and she was in a hurry to head on out. It had been a long day and there was a lot of work to get done still. A coworker, whom happened to be her biggest rival work, had been on the first cover of True Detective magazine consistently for the last three months and it made her look bad, so she was stressed out and determined to find the biggest story to crush him with. Even if it meant working all night and day, and on the weekends, she was going to make it big in that company, if that was the last thing she'd do!

hi.jpg

Last edited:
The afternoon sun shimmered against the jacket worn by Chance Richards, and so far, he was enjoying the stroll from his parked sedan and towards his mother's favorite cafe, Lynn's. He made plans to see his mother later on that day to deliver her sweets. It was fair out, if needed, he'd take the jacket off of his statuesque frame to which his sable v-neck fit snugly; below it, a pair of matching denim clad his legs, ripped fashionably, topped with a pair of pearl-white sneakers, no doubt, designer; pieces of his wood-colored locks blowing with the passing breeze.

As he neared the cafe's glass doors, he grinned at the sight of his reflection while casually chewing at his gum, tinted aviator glasses hiding the slits in his eyes. Soon to be distracted, he caught a glimpse of fiery locks--a woman, one that he felt that he'd seen somewhere before. That aside, he was indeed intrigued by the well-dressed woman, his eyes taking notice on how the blue jacket seemed to intensify the flames of her hair.

Hand gripped against the handle of the door, he let himself in to get a closer look of this mysterious beauty. She was fair, rather petite, and had a doe-like cuteness to her. "I feel like I know you," mused Chance, a tilt back of his head showing his humor as he chewed the putty-like gum for a few more seconds. This couldn't be their first time meeting one another, but he was quickly put out of his thoughts once another barista came from the back room to take his order. For a few moments, his haughty behavior softened as he perused the selections, eventually finding, paying and placing his wallet back into his pockets after giving the barista an extra 'tip' if she would treat the woman next to him with a slice of cake. "Zoey, right? I heard them call you that, just now. Why don't you get yourself something sweet? It's too late to say 'no': I already paid."

A rustling of his bagged goods weren't enough to break his gaze away from Zoey; he only gripped at the handles of the bag and lifted his order from the counter. "The name's Chance. You should let me take you out, sometime."

"Zoey?" a soft high-pitched voice called out as a barista held her drink for her at the pick-up counter, which immediately got her attention. But before she could react, an unfamiliar man spoke to her as they stood merely meters away. Zoey furrowed a brow and looked confused, but would force a friendly smile so not to be rude. "Hi there. We've met before, you say?" she replied and stepped forward to accept the long awaited drink. As she waited for him to place his order to resume the conversation, she took her anticipated sip of coffee and stepped to the side so not to hog up the queue.

Now that she had her drink, she was ready to go home and hit the books until she passed out from sleep deprivation. What an exciting Friday evening, she thought. But she was interested in learning about this interesting fellow before her. The young woman smiled when she had his attention yet again and was hesitant to take him up on his offer, even though he had paid for her treat. "Hmm. Well, I suppose I have no choice now." the young woman replied and chuckled. The barista would wait on Zoey now to help her pick out something from the bakery, and there was a large display of various baked goods. The young woman settled on a simple yet exquisite blueberry muffin and accepted it in a paper bag.

Zoey moved away from the counter and looked appalled at first when the man basically asked her out. "Uh, well, sure. I don't see why not." she said as her eyes scanned him up and down. He was relatively attractive and seemed nice, but who was he, she wondered. "How do you know me? Have you really seen me before?" she continued, and walked with him out of the store. Her were flushed a bit from all the flattery, even if she wasn't entirely sure if it was best to accept a date. First, she had to be sure that he wasn't someone she shouldn't be talking to, let alone sharing a meal with. Her job required her to meet all sorts of people and common of interest was often a thing she could run into, despite having not in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back