• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Castle in the sky {closed}

Icarus's stomach dropped into oblivion at Godfrey's quiet curse. He blinked quickly, feeling the drying of his eyes and the tightness of his throat. Godfrey had turned his head away from him and Icarus knew he must've made a mistake in his judgement. He suddenly felt more lost than he had ever as a prince, and this didn't even concern matters of the kingdom.

He felt detached from his body, like he was outside staring at two boys sitting together. Icarus could see his own stark face, the face of a stranger, staring at the road moving backward and Godfrey, still turned away from the blond-headed boy. Icarus watched, in his strange outside-his-body mist, and felt Godfrey turn his head back and put his hand up to Icarus's head to guide him back to his shoulder. He watched Godfrey's mouth move, but didn't hear any of the words that were murmured to him. Icarus wanted to throw up, move away, jump out of the cart, do almost anything other than sit against the boy who had come to mean so much more than a guard. Could he even move without throwing up or crying?

Icarus felt his throat close up and clenched his jaw, a coping mechanism he figured out when he was feeling too angry or sad. It made talking difficult, but Icarus couldn't find it in him to even try to speak right now. Icarus once again realized their original predicament, the cart's lack of space, and suddenly understood that, even if he could, he wouldn't be able to move. He was stuck against Godfrey, against the realization that he had badly misjudged and now possibly ruined everything between them. Sleep wouldn't come that night.

It was an impossibly long night on the road, but eventually dawn broke and they had arrived in a small hamlet. The boys thanked the couple and paid them a small sum. Once they were alone, Godfrey sighed heavily and rubbed his face with one gloved hand. The two had not even spoken to each other yet that day. Icarus was avoiding Godfrey's eyes as much as he could. Even now the prince's eyes were downcast.

"Icarus." He said quietly. "I know we need to talk about what happened last night." The other boy stiffened visibly. "But I won't force you. Look, there's a lot we need to do to get back on track, so let's talk tonight." Icarus didn't respond, but Godfrey knew well enough that he'd heard. He sighed again. "Look, I'm going to try and gather information about our location. Hopefully I can get my hands on a good map. We'll need a room at the Inn for at least the night, and you need a good meal. Can you secure lodgings?" Icarus nodded, and Godfrey moved closer. He deposited Wren on Icarus's shoulder. "Stay safe."

Godfrey turned on his heel and headed deeper into the village. Some time apart wold help them both clear their minds.

Wren glanced at Icarus, quietly chirping at him as Icarus watched Godfrey leave. Icarus knew the bird could sense that something was off between the two boys. He could still feel his heartbeat in his fingertips, still couldn't fully breathe, and still felt the overwhelming sense of doom surround him.

Icarus was lost in a daze as he wandered into the small village they had been dropped off at. Logically, he knew he made an easy target for anyone wanting to intimidate a traveler, but he couldn't focus on anything past the sense of doom. Wren chirped again and Icarus glanced at the bird of his shoulder in concern. Wren was eyeing a small group of three people who were watching Icarus closely. Icarus straightened his shoulders and glared at the two girls and one guy. He would not be easy pickings. One of the girls, Icarus assumed her to be the leader, frowned at him and nodded her head, motioning the other two to follow her as she turned and walked away from him.

Icarus gave Wren a quick scratch on the head, a silent thank you for always having his back. Walking forward, he did his best to ignore the growing pit in his stomach and started paying closer attention to his surroundings. Luckily, he studied enough about the world below him to recognize the slightly taller building next to a small stable as a place that would likely have lodgings.

Icarus carefully made his face blank as he walked into the building and up to the counter near the back. A stout man looked at him warily, "What can I do for you?" His accent was thick.

"I need two rooms for a night." Icarus responded, his voice quiet but stern. He knew he couldn't show any hesitancy.

"We only have one," The man responded quickly and Icarus's eyes widened before he remembered to control his actions. He hoped the man didn't notice, "and you need to pay up front."

Last edited:
Godfrey spent most of the afternoon going in and out of shops. He restocked on their supplies and managed to get their map almost completely filled out. They were only about four days off their original course, so if they really pushed themselves, they could arrive at their original destination without too much delay. Godfrey was worried about Icarus, but did his best to focus on the task at hand and return to the inn as soon as possible.

Godfrey got to the Inn as Icarus was getting a room. He came to the counter and saw Icarus's expression, then asked the man to repeat himself. His heart dropped a little at the words, but he gave the worker a bright smile.

"We'll take it, no problem." Icarus gave him a quick look, but paid the man and got the key. He lead the boys up to their room, and left them. Icarus took a moment to open the door, but once he'd shuffled inside, Godfrey entered, and put down his pack on the small rickety chair in the corner. He locked the door and drew the curtains closed. "I'll sleep on the floor tonight, you can take the bed." He said "It's hardly big enough for one of us, anyway."

Well that went fast. The money had left Icarus's hand and suddenly him and Godfrey were alone in the room with one bed, the curtains closed, and a locked door. If only they were under different circumstance. Icarus blushed at the thought, but didn't shy away from it. Godfrey was looking at the floor.

"What did you say?" Icarus felt silly for asking, but he only heard Godfrey's voice, not actually what he said. Godfrey looked at him and smiled slightly; this wasn't the first time Icarus had only heard his voice and not his words.

"I'll sleep on the floor tonight and you can take the bed." He repeated, gesturing slightly between the bed and the floor.

"Uh, no," Icarus interrupted him, "that's not happening. You're injured and we had a rough night last night. You take the bed and I'll take the chair." Icarus had to work very hard at keeping a very straight and neutral face as he talked. He wasn't sure if Godfrey was ready to talk about last night and Icarus sure as hell wasn't sure if he was either. What would he even say? What would he even have the confidence to say?

Godfrey couldn't help the small grin that formed as Icarus protested. In that moment he looked so much like he had when they were young, always arguing for equal treatment. Godfrey sighed and lowered himself down into the chair defiantly, looking up at the prince.

"We may not be in the castle anymore, your highness," He said softly "But I am still your servant. You will take the bed. I've slept in worse places than this--had worse wounds too. Don't worry for me." He sat back as Icarus scoffed and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. Godfrey rested one arm over his sore abdomen and passed one hand over his face as he thought. "Icarus," He began, and could see the other stiffen at his name. "About last night.." He sighed again, trying to find the words. He felt his throat tighten, but maintained eye contact. "I am your servant." He reiterated "Even if you do not view me as such, it is what I am. No matter how much we...we may wish for a different situation...a servant cannot care for his master in that way." He gave a bitter smile, trying to push his own feelings back as he saw Icarus's expressions change, just slightly. "I am already breaking the rules by loving you as a friend, your highness. Please, ask anything else of me but this. I'm not strong enough." Godfrey finally averted his eyes, leaning back in the chair.

Icarus couldn't fight the multitude of emotions he felt at Godfrey's small speech. Indignation at Godfrey's refusal to listen to his Prince; hopelessness that flipped entirely as soon as Godfrey mentioned the word love. Is that what this was? Is that what Icarus felt when he looked at his longest and closest friend? Love felt too simple a word to describe the breathlessness Icarus always got around him. He felt so full of something that he wanted to scream to the gods. Icarus remembered the sudden bout courage he inexplicably possessed before kissing Godfrey last night. It was an abundance and an overflowing of emotions; one that felt similar to right now.

He wasn't sure how long it had been since Godfrey had stopped talking, but Icarus had a feeling it was a touch longer than what would have been a normal pause. He didn't know if Godfrey saw the internal war happening right in front of him, but he made his decision and damn the consequences.

"See, you say that but," Icarus heart pounded in his throat, but it was now or who knows when. He walked the two steps it took to reach Godfrey in that stupid chair, leaned down as his hand reached to cup Godfrey's cheek and kissed him square on the mouth. Icarus couldn't help but be a little hesitant, still wanting to make sure Godfrey wanted this as much as he did, but he didn't have to wait more than a second as Godfrey's hands reached up to hold Icarus's face to his. That was all the encouragement Icarus needed to climb on the chair and straddle Godfrey as he deepened the kiss between them. Icarus's hands moved to Godfrey's lovely hair to pull his head back and trailed his mouth down to Godfrey's neck.

Icarus could feel Godfrey's harsh breaths and his racing heartbeat and knew they matched his own. Pausing for a moment, Icarus lifted his eyes to meet Godfrey's and knew their eyes matched as well. "Would you like to share the bed with me tonight?"

Damn it. Godfrey thought. Damn it all to hell. Icarus had broken through the very last of Godfrey's resistance with one beautiful, reckless action. Now that it was gone, Godfrey would no longer hold back. They would never be able to go back to the way things were after this. And selfishly, Godfrey didn't want them to. Godfrey gripped onto Icarus' thighs with his weathered hands and stood from the chair. Icarus--caught off guard as he was, quickly wrapped his arms around Godfrey's neck. Godfrey took the few steps to cross the room to the bed, and gently dropped Icarus down on the flimsy mattress.

Godfrey caged Icarus beneath him with arms on either side of his head, looking down into his perfect face with adoration and desire. "I would warm your bed every night, should you ask it of me." Godfrey replied. "My lovely, beautiful prince... I only hope you don't regret this in the morning." Before Icarus could protest, Godfrey leaned down and kissed him. It was a rough, needy kiss full of heat. He pulled away when his lungs began to burn, and they panted in unison. "Tonight, allow me to ruin you, my lord." He whispered hoarsely. "I have worshiped you for as long as I have drawn breath." He punctuated his words with more rough kisses along Icarus' collarbone. With abandon, the boys began to undress each other, desperate to get closer still. They loved each other throughout the night and well into the next morning--years of affection pouring out all at once.

It was late afternoon when Godfrey woke again, his prince's golden curls tickling his chin as he lay sleeping on Godfrey's chest. A smile spread across Godfrey's face, and he carded his fingers through the soft hair lovingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back