• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Casting Shadows ( Naruto )

Shikamaru Nara
Nara.Shikamaru.240.1411623.jpg
[/URL]
mentions: Lycan Queen Lycan Queen
notes: casual shikamaru is my favorite shikamaru ❤
"It sounds like you and Choji would get along well," Shikamaru began with a chuckle, "He eats as if his life depended on it." He shook his head, reminiscing about his time as a genin, when Asuma would take them out to eat after a successful mission or a rather difficult day of training. They would still do this, however, it wasn't as often as when they were younger. He and Choji often got lunch together, though he would only pay for himself. He wondered just how much his sensei had spent on their meals over the years.

Shikamaru slowed his pace to a stop when the Ninja Academy came into view, gesturing to the building. "This is the place." He walked to look out towards the yard, where students trained in basic combat maneuvers and shuriken-throwing. They were a ways away and separated by a rather large fence, but everything was still visible. A few students were with their classroom teachers, trying to throw shuriken at targets. Some hit their mark, others missed. He found himself smiling slightly as he reflected on his own work ethic at that time. "Who knows, maybe your new students are out there."
coding by cychotic

Upon hearing that this other male member of Asuma's team seemed to hold eating on a pedestal, now from a second source, she smiled a bit. "Asuma said something similar. I can appreciate a man who takes his meals seriously," she muses. She never really had friends in the Grass Village, she was mostly concerned with her school work and then returning home to figure out her meal for the day. Each one always felt like a blessing to have and when she visited Asuma she had never ate as good since her mother passed. The Asahi's had provided well for her as well and so birthed her new appetite. She was surprised to find however that the reasoning behind her mannerisms were that the Asahi's, including her mother, burned calories almost at 5 times the rate of a normal person. So they ate more out of necessity. It was strange, but she had grown to respect those with big appetites by instinct it seemed. It was nice to think that she could make her uncle's squad her first friends.

When Shikamaru pointed out the academy she seemed a bit taken aback aur how similar it was to the Grass' academy, despite having seen it a ways back from on down the street ahead of time. The children were all about the school grounds, training, preparing for their final exams, or even taking then she supposed. She had already been given the files of her future students, so she knew them by appearance. "They aren't out there from what I can see," she says. "They're probably in detention or being punished. Ugh, I had to be saddled with the rebellious ones..."

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
Though she most likely meant it in jest, the almost flirtatious comment had Shikamaru hiding a small wince. Choji was his friend, his best friend, but he didn't quite see the gluttonous boy as date material. The thought made him bark out a laugh that he hid with a small cough.

The apathy that Suki displayed as Shikamaru listened to Suki speak of her potential students was not lost on Shikamaru. It was one of the reasons why he dreaded the possibility of having to become a sensei. It would all be too much work, to say the least; he also didn't want to get stuck with a bratty bunch. "Are your students really that bad? You've got your work cut out for you," he smirked slightly.

After absently observing the students as they practiced-- some looked quite exceptional, if he said so himself-- he took a few steps back from the fence separating the training yard from the rest of the outside. "Anything else you're dying to see?" he asked.
coding by cychotic

She was a bit surprised to hear Shikamaru actually bark laughter of all things. Even if he decided to try and conceal it discreetly with a cough, it wasn't too hard for her to see that it was in fact an attempt at disguising some sort of amusement. What it was that he found funny however was an entirely different mystery she found herself unable to crack.

Upon his inquiry to her students however she drifted back to topic. "Well, I would say it's just an exaggeration but apparently they're the troubled ones. Their strengths balanced out though, by grace of some divine being I can only imagine. Or a malevolent one. Anyway it got them teamed up. Apparently one has an anger management issue, one refuses to cooperate with others and even resorts to verbal abuse, and the other has a knack for doing the opposite of what they're told no matter how small the request. I guess Lady Tsunade figured that gentle scolding had done nothing to them up until this point so she wanted more... Drachonian discipline to mold them..." she explains, taking a step back with him. "On that note, I guess I should know where the training ground are. Then I guess I just wanna see the main clan compounds for curiosity sake. End it all with a run through the shops and restaurants and I should be good for the most part." She offers him a shrug, unsure of really anything else of importance she would need to find.

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
"Draconian methods, huh?" Shikamaru repressed a shudder at what the though, though he let out a small chuckle anyway. These kids sounded like real pieces of work; no doubt she would have her hands full whipping them into shape. As they began walking, he thought for a moment before replying, "The training grounds are a little ways outside the gates, so it'd be better to do that last. I can show you to the clan compounds, it's not far." Truth be told he had only seen it a couple of times, as he never cared about much more than kicking back and watching the clouds as a genin. That and what he was taught about his own Nara clan.

Shikamaru stuffed his hands in his pockets as they walked, glancing over at Suki. "Speaking of, I don't know much about you. You just show up and you're already a jonin and you're going to be an instructor to boot," he added, "Seems a little convenient."
coding by cychotic

She smirked to herself as she saw Shikamaru's obvious discomfort at her not so subtle hint at how she planned to discipline her students, as per usual it seemed she would be the girl with more balls than the guys around her. Maybe not in the battle sense but where taking a stand was concerned. She didn't like stepping into the leadership role but somehow she often found herself in it. With her students she understood it was required of jonin, but usually she was made to take charge in smaller situations and even missions. She hated the responsibility of it, which may have been why she was so quick to push the kids, she wanted to use the most effective means and not take a chance on failure.

Shikamaru grabbed her attention once more with stating they would see the training grounds last, leading her on a tour of the compounds first. "Sounds fine to me. Doesn't really matter the order I guess," she says, laying her hands behind her head and reclining her head to the sky to soak in the sun. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Shikamaru place his hands in his pockets about the same time, followed by a statement. She had to admit, she hadn't really shared about herself much since she arrived if it wasn't with Asuma. She smiles over at him, still angled to the sun and what remained of her cigarette still in her lips. "You could say convenient. But mostly it's just three or four years of constant training and study. I did what I was told and I didn't stop until I grasped new concepts. I wasn't allowed to go home until I passed a test set for me each day. I had my cigarettes taken until I mastered a jutsu." She pauses to pull the butt of the white stick from her lips and toss it down to stomp out, before exhaling the plume of smoke and continuing. "If you've got questions for me though, I'm not one to hide stuff. What do you wanna know?"

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
notes: we gotta revive this, yo.
"Well, for starter's where you came from, I guess." He said, he shrugged. He knew she wasn't from the Leaf at least. That was a start. He wasn't quite sure what made him request she spill her life story in the first place. He just wanted to have some conversation while they walked, to make it less awkward. "I would tell you about myself as well, but there's not much to say."

As the compounds came into view, Shikamaru's hands left his pockets long enough for him to gesture. "Well, there you go." It reminded him of The Hyuuga clan compounds, in a way, despite him only seeing it from a distance. The building was set up in a way that looked more like a fortress than an estate. With Asuma and his nephew being the only living Sarutobi to live in the Leaf-- before Suki, of course-- it hadn't been of much use. It had certainly seen better days. "I'm not entirely sure what you expected to see here, but.." he trailed off with a shrug.
coding by cychotic

Suki shrugged. Where she came from? "I guess is safe to say that my old man was Asuma's younger brother. He wasn't exactly a model son," she starts, looking over the rather barren Sarutobi estate. It was almost... underwhelming. She had imagined it to be more lively. Like it had happier memories than she saw indexed in it now. It was almost sad.

"The old drunk wandered into the Hidden Grass and met my mom at a ramen shop that sold saké. Needless to say my mom got knocked up and didn't want me to go fatherless so she married him against the wishes of her clan. Things weren't too horrible until she died when I was 6. Without her the old man couldn't give a shit so he packed up and came back here, leaving me in an empty house." She places a hand on the frame of the front gate. "I went to the academy every day and made what I could when I reached genin. By the time the bastard came back I was graduated, smoked, and apparently I had a half brother here in the village. He sulked around the house for a few days and one morning I came into the living room to find him cold in the chair. Asuma came to collect his body for the funeral and found out I existed. He brought me here for the first time to meet the family, and I've been training with the Asahi's ever since."

She looked to Shikamaru as if to ask if that was an okay explanation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back