• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Casting Shadows ( Naruto )

Lycan Queen

Fabricant Fabricant

14a2af2d4b516ca9215220772609.jpg

Suki pulled her backpack farther up her shoulders, securing it in place by hand as she made the last leg of her journey through the tree canopies from the village hidden in grass to the infamous Hidden Leaf. She had made the journey once before, accompanied by her uncle and only for a brief stay of a few days. She was introduced than to her half brother Konohamaru, another acclaimed mistake of her father's. At the time he was only about eight and like her had no parents looking out for him. The difference being that her uncle along with her grandfather, the Third Hokage to her surprise, saw that he was always cared for. She herself had no one like that growing up, the old man ditching her immediately after her mother's funeral. She maintained the house on her own, made her own meals, attended school, unfortunately picked up a smoking habit, and awoke each morning with a bitterness. Upon meeting Konohamaru however she was instantly overcome with love and protective instincts. He was young and innocent and it was surreal not feeling alone as an only child.

She didn't stay long though, as mentioned. She wished she could've stayed back then, but she had been summoned back by what she guessed was technically her family on her mother's side, the Asahi clan. They were never a very intimate family, so when her mother was alive and married to a non clan member they never really spoke. After discovering her affinity for the clan Jutsu though they deliberated and agreed to teach her their special jutsu while also allowing her to develop her own. It was years worth of training and she even paired up with some of her distant cousins and passed the chuunin exams on her first try. She was only just recently promoted to jonin and at this point Asuma had wrote her asking if she wanted top live with him in the Leaf so she could get to know the other side of her heritage. She jumped at the chance. He had even gone so far as to make the arrangements beforehand so that switching villages wouldn't be an issue, and the Fifth Hokage had already accepted the request. Needless to say, she was packed and on the move immediately after sending a return letter letting him know when to expect her.

And here she was, not even a mile out and nearing the end of her journey. She drops from the trees and lands on the main road with a thud from her heavy combat style boots. Those were the only thing she figured Asuma would recognize, with all the changes she had made to her appearance in the last few years. Her choice of ninja attire was a 180 compared to how she used to dress. She was darker in skin tone from the change as well, and her hair was a lot shorter. She almost wondered if he might not like the changes... Not that she would up and make more changes if he didn't, but still.

With her pace slowed, she tucks her hair away from her face momentarily, chocolate gaze ahead on the gate she could see in the distance now, followed by the profiles carved into the mountain face above the tallest buildings. Her uncle had said he had informed the chuunin sentries of her situation so she shouldn't have a problem getting in, but that didn't mean she knew her way around. She was supposed to see the Hokage and meet her uncle there, but it had been years since her last visit. Granted she had an idea based on the visits she made to Old Man Hiruzen when she was here. She would figure it out eventually, but it would be a pain.

Shikamaru Nara
75680ae701bead5055f3d99943f3063d.jpeg
mentions: Lycan Queen Lycan Queen
notes: unsure if mobile friendly.
Releasing a long-awaited sigh, Shikamaru eyed the retreating form of Temari as she left the Hokage's Estate. While the next chūnin exams were still a ways away, planning had to begin as soon as possible. As a proctor, meetings with Tsunade and Temari were frequent. Despite the overall importance of his position, he still thought of the workload as an inconvenience as he muttered his own verbal tic, "What a drag..."

He still clings to his lazy origins as much as he can; even if he can't spend his entire day being idle, he at least avoids having long-term goals or confessing any particular pleasure in the duties he's assigned. He'd honestly much rather be playing shōgi with Asuma-sensei; he enjoyed the time he was able to spend with his mentor, learning all he could from him.

Coming back from his moment of recollection, Shikamaru ran a hand through his hair before beginning to walk along the path ahead of him. He decided to take his much deserved break and get barbecue with Choji, a place his best friend frequented. The Leaf Village was experiencing an era of peace currently, and the streets were often crammed of ninja void of missions.
coding by cychotic

download.jpg

Approaching the gate, the former grass ninja immediately took note of the two male shinobi sitting at the ready to stop her. The one with medium brown hair covering his eye, was the first to spot her approaching. Almost immediately he turned to his comrade, sporting a much wilder hair style in the dull shade of black and adorning his face with tape. Said shinobi snapped his gaze at her not once, but twice, before the two began exchanging excited words. By the time she had reached them she was more than a bit curious, one ebony brow raised in question.

"Um, Suki Sarutobi? I've been granted permission to transfer here to the village?" In response to her greeting, the two older males share a look before the brunette exclaims with enthusiasm.

"See! I told you she looked like Asuma sensei!"

"Yeah yeah, lucky guess..."

"I'm Izumo. This is Kotetsu. Asuma told us to expect you," he says, a hand extended.

"Oh... Cool then I guess..." She takes the handshake with a more mellow expression then before repeating the action with the other guy. She wasn't sure whether to feel offended or proud being compared to Asuma in looks, but the one, Kotetsu, eased her thoughts with his next statement.

"You know you can see that you and Asuma are related but you're definitely a lot prettier, haha. It's nice to see a lady Sarutobi around for once."

She actually hadn't thought of that, but the only Sarutobi clansmen the leaf had experienced as of latest generations had been the old man, her sperm donor, Asuma, and her brother.

"Thanks..." As they're gathering her new information and confirming her arrival she looks around what part of the village she can see. "So, do you guys think you could give me a run down of the best way to the Hokage's estate? I'm suppose to meet her before I get settled in."

"Sure! Just head straight until you come upon a clothing shop that marks the end of the street then make a right. You can see the estate from there and find your way pretty easy at that point." He and Kotetsu nod once finished and move to dismiss her before she thanks them again and cracks her stiff neck in restlessness. She really wanted to relax after being on the road for so long. "Good luck!"

"And welcome to the village!" She raises a hand in farewell as she starts down the way they had described, her gaze wandering to the unfamiliar buildings. She housed it had something to do with the damage caused by that sanin that ended up killing the old man... The village had to be rebuilt in areas from what she understood.

She took the necessary turns and sure enough she could find her way at right around the place I...Izu...Izumo had specified. She was terrible with names but she needed to start memorizing her fellow ninja here. The smells of the surrounding food shops weren't helping her journey fatigue. She considered stopping but she figured she would wait until she had met with Asuma before having food.

After heading inside the office building she looked around for the room she needed to be in until a guard shinobi gestured her to her destination.

Shikamaru Nara
notes: unsure if mobile friendly.
Dining with Chōji Akimichi was always a.. taxing affair. Shikamaru often left the barbecue restaurant less than satisfied unless he added more to his bill, as his teammate would ravage their shared rations. Usually Ino would berate Chōji, Asuma would be the one to pay, and that would be that. With the two of them, he was the one to foot the bill.

"So, you got any missions today?" Chōji asked, shoveling a few more pieces of meat into his mouth with a pair of chopsticks.

It seemed like a half-assed attempt to start conversation, as he seemed more concerned about his meal, but Shikamaru dignified his friend with a response anyhow.

"No, but Lady Tsunade wants me to go back to the mansion. Says she has something else for me to do. And after we just finished the chūnin exams meeting. This is such a drag.." the boy hunched over the table as he picked at his own food.

"Maybe it won't be so bad."

With their meal concluded, they parted ways, and Shikamaru headed back the way he came to the Hokage's Estate. He made his way easily through the building and the winding hallways, nearing the Hokage's Office. Muffled voices could be heard through the walls, so he rapped the doorknob with his knuckles before opening it slowly.

"Tsunade? You requested me?" He asked as he walked further into the room, pausing momentarily to eye the newcomer.

"You want me to play chauffeur, I see."

coding by cychotic

After tapping on the door a couple times, Suki was rewarded with a firm 'come in', which ended with her exhaling heavily before stepping in. The first sight she was met with was an older blonde woman, extremely well endowed and sitting patiently at the desk before her. Her next notice was of the black haired woman standing at her side with a small pig in hand. Odd, but she want one to care about what animals others kept in their company. Her final notice however was that of the male in the room, clad in a green flak jacket and a familiar sash along with the welcoming stench of tobacco. Her eyes meet similar brown ones and a half smirk graces her features as she's greeted by who she knew to be the Hokage.

"So you're the granddaughter of my former sensei," she says. Suki blinks towards her and raises a brow. The old man's student... One of the Sanin. This was Tsunade, renowned for her strength and medical prowess. She nods. "It's nice to finally meet you Suki. Asuma has told me good things about you."

"I hope so," she quips, sending her uncle a teasing glare.

"When he told me you were a jonin at your age I was skeptical, but your chuunin exam records were reassuring. As well as the testimony of the Asahi clan and the Grass Village elders." She looks over the teen and smiles. "It's clear the Sarutobi bloodline is strong in you despite your upbringing with your mother's clan. Perhaps you could learn from your uncle while you're here."

"I'm planning on it," Asuma speaks up.

Before he can continue a light knock sounds at their backs before the door opens slowly. To Suki's wonder, another ninja, male and looking about her age, stepped in and addressed the Hokage by name. Requested him for what? His dull brown eyes move over to her. He looked tired, much like she felt. Chauffeur though?

"Ah Shikamaru." Suki takes note of the name, going to remember it well. "Actually my reasoning for calling you here isn't so much to give you a task as much as it is because I thought you might be curious to meet our newest jonin." Suki doesn't really see why he would care, he didn't look like he would. Then Asuma spoke up and placed a teasing hand on her head and ruffled her hair just a bit.

"Shikamaru, this is my niece Suki. Her father was my brother, and she's lived in the Hidden Grass up until now. Tsunade's made the necessary arrangements for her to live here now with me." He then gestures to the new guy. "Suki this is my best student Shikamaru Nara." She looks over at the brunette again, now realizing why he might care about her arrival. He and Asuma must have been close.

She nods. "Hey."

Shikamaru Nara
notes: "what a drag..."
As Tsunade spoke, Shikamaru looked over the aforementioned jonin, internally remarking how young she looked. He wondered what could've made her that strong, that special.

She may have become a jonin before Neji
, he thought with slight surprise.

Shikamaru's eyes went through a range of emotions. He was curious as to what brought.. Suki, that was her name.. here, after all these years. Despite her being related to his sensei, the skepticism was still present. He didn't ignore the natural rush of pride he felt as Asuma referred to him as "his best student". This girl must've been important to him if he requested Shikamaru here just to meet her. But why not Ino and Chōji? Through his own monologue, he tried to keep his muscles relaxed and maintain his tired expression as he addressed the kunoichi.

"Hello," he replied, with a single nod in return, "it's nice to meet you."
coding by cychotic

Shikamaru's greeting was polite enough, which was a relief. She felt that if this was someone Asuma had taught and still had present in his everyday life, that she would need to accept his presence at the very least since she would be living with him, and at the most make friends if it worked out. There was much it seemed that Asuma wanted to say judging from his expression, but the Hokage's words were of more importance as of now. They could catch up afterward. She turns as Tsunade clears her throat.

"Malady?" she asks. The busty woman turns as the girl to her side offers her a handful of things. On the bottom rested what seemed to be a file of sorts, and on top...

Tsunade sets the objects down before her on the desk nodding for her to take them as she folds her hands under her chin. "If you're going to be a shinobi of the Leaf, you'll need one of these." Suki blinks and steps forward, taking the headband with blackened fabric into her hands, gaze on the swirly symbol that resembled a bird's head to her. The Leaf village emblem. She showed a little hesitance, bit it was more from the realization that she was in fact a citizen of Konoha now... Slowly but surely she lifted the headband and positioned it in her frayed hair, seperating her bangs from the rest. Once tied, Asuma gave her a smile, one that she returned as Tsunade continued. "Contained in that folder is your new information, your registration number and the like. There is also some files that elaborate on your future as a sensei. Read them when you have the chance, but for now you're free to rest and style in. Its been a long journey and I'm sure you would like to get a feel for your new home before being thrust into work."

Suki nods. "Thank you Malady." With a smile from the blonde, Asuma gestures to Shikamaru.

"Welcome to our village Suki. You're dismissed." With a curt bow she turns and Asuma guides she and his student outside.

Shikamaru Nara
Shikamaru followed Asuma and Suki out of the office. He thought over what Tsunade had said, about this woman being a sensei. And so soon, he thought. He waited until they were out of the mansion entirely, the streets of Konoha stretched before them.

He turned slightly to address his teacher, his hands in his pockets nonchalantly, "Was that all she called me here for, Asuma-sensei? Just for a simple 'hi'?" he asked.

If Shimakaru knew his teacher, he knew that he would have some form of ulterior motive for this meeting, especially when his teammates were not present. Perhaps, he was simply overthinking it. "Anyway, so it's not a total waste," Shikamaru turned to Suki next, "I can show you around?" Tsunade usually trusted him to orientate new arrivals to The Leaf, after he had proven capable with Temari and Kankuro on numerous occasions when they would make the trip for a meeting on behalf of Kazekage Gaara.
coding by cychotic

Suki turned to her uncle's student as he spoke with hands tucked away, said other jonin between them as the headed out. She also didn't quite understand why he would've been summoned for such a reason, but attributed it to her uncle's soft spot. It wasn't hard to discover after meeting him that he tended to get attached quickly. It didn't really bother her though, it wasn't as if Shikamaru had given her a reason to dislike him at this point.

Upon him returning her look he offered to show her around the village, which prompted her to shrug. "Sure, maybe tomorrow. For now, I'm starving. Then I wanna sit, maybe catch up once Asuma shows me how to get to the new home sweet home."

At this Asuma chuckles and lifts a hand and places it on her head, which came to about his shoulder. "A lot might've changed in the past three years but your appetite and your lack of motivation hasn't."

Suki rolls her eyes, light pink tinting her cheeks. "Says the guy who still hasn't gotten married yet..." she mutters, prompting the removal of his hand and an awkward cough.

"Hehe, well uh..." He turns to Shikamaru. "Actually if I'm being honest here I only asked for Tsunade to summon you because I want to be patient about introducing my favorite niece to my students."

"Only niece," Suki elaborates with a mumble. "As far as we know..."

Asuma sighs. "Let's just say if everyone got together at once right away there might be a... clash, of personalities if not handled right. I figured out of the three of you, you and Suki would get along the quickest." He then goes back to addressing Suki. "Ideally I'd like to introduce you to Choji next, then Ino... Well, we'll figure it out."

"Whatever you say."

Shikamaru Nara
Shikamaru nodded, with an "Okay," as his only reply to that. He found his mouth forming a fond smile, chuckling at the comment Asuma made about her appetite. She would definitely have to join Chōji and Rock Lee on one of their eating challenges, or "training", as they called it. From Asuma's tone, it sounded like she had an appetite that could rival his teammate.

"A clash of personalities; that's certainly putting it mildly." He snorted, his tone sarcastic. Shikamaru had forgotten about Ino and her initial temperament towards him and his general laziness, hell, it was something that persisted to this day. Others seemed to share her sentiment. Even Temari was on his case now.

To say Ino wouldn't be thrilled at having potentially a second lazy ninja like Shikamaru-- minus his strategic genius -- around would be an understatement, especially when she didn't seem to fair too well around other kunoichi she saw as potential competition. That was probably just Sakura. He would most likely have to mediate that potential meeting, in case it got too out-of-hand.

Despite feeling honored to be included in on the welcoming of someone who seemed like an important part of his sensei's life, he couldn't help but feel somewhat out of place. It would be best if he excused himself to let them catch up. It had been a whole three years, after all.

"You two must have a lot to talk about, so I won't keep you," he gave a simple shrug to the both of them, doing just as he thought. Shikamaru would see Asuma for their game of shōgi coming up.

Suki was certainly an interesting individual, from their similar speech to her odd footwear. How she even run in those is beyond me, he thought as he spared a passing glance to her boots. He met her eyes for the first time upon meeting her, his perpetually tired expression ever-present, "I'll see you tomorrow, then."

coding by cychotic

Suki caught the slight upturn of the Nara's lips, something minor but something that looked nice compared to the tired expression he had before. Then again he still looked tired. He said the clashing was putting it lightly... Was she going to regret meeting the others who were under her uncle's tutelage? A worrisome frown takes her mouth for a moment as Asuma nods with a scratch of his neck. Damn dork must've ended up with quite a bunch...

As the reach the main street again Shikamaru lags behind and she and her uncle turn, only to hear that he was going to let them catch up. Actually she appreciated that, despite kind of liking meeting him, she did want to hang out with Asuma on her first day back. She missed the only dorky old man she really ever put any faith and trust in.

"Thanks," she states simply, a friendly enough grin being offered his way.

"Alright, I'll be expecting you for shogi real soon," Asuma says. "Maybe you could even teach this bum how to play. She likes board games, at least I think she still does." She nods in confirmation.

Upon his next statement, she actually sees Shikamaru's dull hued eyes meet hers for the first time. They looked weary, though, she was sure hers had lines under them at this point too after being on the move for the past few days. "Yeah, see you tomorrow." She gives him a half smirk. "Just don't expect me to be up at dawn bouncing in excitement for the auspicious occassion. You probably won't see me until the afternoon."

Asuma sighs but smiles. "Yeah... Just come by when you feel like it tomorrow. I guarantee there will be no hurry to be up and moving." Asuma lifts a hand in farewell as does Suki, rather more sloppily. "See you then."

"Later."

Shikamaru Nara
Shikamaru couldn't help but chuckle, "Don't expect her to win, though. You can't even beat me, Asuma-sensei." He was rather relieved that she was a late riser; maybe he could get some extra rest as well.

He nodded at their farewell, waving at their retreating forms, "See you." He decided their was nothing better to do than to go home, perhaps watch the clouds. It was something he had done in his younger years, but had been to busy to do as of late. It was relaxing.

Turning on his heels towards the residential area, he started for home. He pondered on the Hokage's words, that Suki would become a sensei herself. He wondered who she would be assigned to; perhaps she would be having limited interactions with Team 10 after all.

Shikamaru didn't make it to his home, opting to instead detour towards a hill he often frequented as a child. It was a remote place for him to cloud-watch and think. The blades of grass ticked his hands, shins, and toes as he took a sitting position, fully reclining with his hands behind his head and releasing a heavy sigh. He crossed one leg over the other and glanced through dull irises towards the sky, appearing more relaxed than he had been in recent days.
coding by cychotic

With Shikamaru having parted ways with them, Suki follows alobgside Asuma as he leads her to a barbeque joint she had passed on her way there. She was so ready to get some food in her stomach, she had only had her granola and food pills since she left the Hidden Grass.

"Meal's on me," Asuma offers as they're seated at a booth.

She smirks devilishly. "You're gonna regret that offer." As a woman comes to take their order Asuma's face drops and Suki flips through a menu quickly. "Two orders of pork ribs, a large side of udon, extra rice, and another three orders of chicken please," she states as she hands back her menu. The older woman giggles and looks to Asuma.

"My my Asuma, who's the hungry young lady you're dining with today?" she asks.

"This is my niece... Suki." Said female smiles.

"Haha, well It's nice to meet you dear. Your usual Asuma?"

"Yes please..."

"Coming right up!" The woman hustles away and Suki sets her brimming backpack into the seat beside her before pulling the long silver weapons holstered at her hips from their places and propping them up by the table.

"So... Swords huh?" Asuma starts. She nods, running a hand along the blade of one to the makeshift hilt that was carved from the metal itself with intricate designs.

"The Asahi's had less of a tolerance for laziness. They wouldn't teach me ninjutsu until I learned some type of taijutsu. I told them I could just learn some sort of evasive maneuvers but they slung wooden swords my way and I didn't much have a choice to refuse. I guess it did pay off though. Made some of my own jutsu based on how I could use them."

"It's good to see that you've made some positive changes. I never thought I'd ever see you wearing shorts like that, or such a feminine outfit in general," he teases.

"Trust me, I still have my old tastes," she assures.

"I can tell, you just upgraded your old boots. I like your hair though. What made you cut it so short? Last time I saw you it was almost at that scrawny ass of yours."

She shrugs indifferently. "It was getting in the way of my jutsu, plus I learned as I discovered more about my mom's clan traits that long hair only makes you feel like you're scorching hot all the time. On the upside they encouraged the black clothes because it absorbs heat for our jutsu."

"Fair enough." About then, their food arrived in portions and Suki's full attention directed to her food. Asuma had barely prepared his chopsticks before Suki had nearly finished her udon and had her pork ribs cooking. Through the mouthfuls though Suki pushed the conversation.

"So this skwad of yoes," she muffles. "Should I be wowied?" She gulps down the remaining noodles and starts dabbing sauce into her rice. "I mean, Shikamaru seems like a decent enough guy, but what about these other two?"

Asuma gives her a smirk. "Well I dont know about worried, but I think the biggest concern will be introducing you to my kunoichi Ino. She's a little... Bossy."

"Yeah she won't be to me if she knows what's good for her," she asserts as she starts removing ribs.

"You and Choji could probably give each other a run for your money trying to out eat one another."

"Sounds like a man who has his priorities straight," she praises, shoveling pork into her mouth.

Asuma chuckles. "Of course you and Shikamaru seemed to hit it off already."

She shrugs. "Yeah, he seems cool."

Shikamaru Nara
Shikamaru could get always get lost in his own mind watching the clouds, so much so that he'd find himself drifting off more often than not. He jerked slightly as he was awoken by seemingly nothing, stretching his limbs. Each released a quiet crack before he eventually stood to brush the stray blades of grass from his clothes. Realizing that it was starting to get close to dinner, the blues in the sky fading into a light orange, he started back on his path to the residential area; towards home.

He entered his home as quietly as always, taking off his sandals by the door and sitting on the step to brush the dirt and dust from his feet. "Welcome home, Shikamaru." It was the voice of his mother. He turned to look over his shoulder, seeing his father walking beside her from presumably another room, offering a wave and a, "Welcome home," of his own. His mother appeared to be just finishing the family's dinner preparations as she was setting the table.

"How was the meeting?" Shikaku asked, and it took Shikamaru a moment to realize he was referring to the meeting with the Hokage and Temari earlier today.

"We made some progress looking at the possible teams of genin qualified to register," he spoke as he stood to move toward the table, "Did you know Asuma had a niece? Asuma requested that I meet her after my meeting with the Hokage and I found out that she’s already a jonin.“

His father nodded as he processed the information. “That’s interesting. I had no idea he had any other relatives aside from Lord Third and Konohamaru.”

The meal went by quietly, some light small talk about their respective days. Shikamaru was carefully eating his noodles when his father spoke, “So, what’s that girl like?” It wasn’t the question that caught him so off-guard as the tone in which he used. Shikamaru found himself struggling to swallow his mouthful of noodles.

“Shikaku!” Yoshino reprimanded her husband who chuckled lightly.

“She seems nice,” he began, “Kinda reminds me of me, in a way. She also eats an absurd amount like Choji, apparently. I’m questioning whether or not she’ll get along with Ino. I don’t know how to handle that. I offered to give her the grand Hidden Leaf tour tomorrow afternoon. I could introduce her to everyone, then.”

Shikaku cracked a smile, having yet to hear Shikamaru talk so highly of a person he had only just met. Yoshino chimed in, “Everything will be fine, Shikamaru. Don’t worry.”

His father spoke again, something he often said when his son was at a loss for what to do, “Just do what you think is best, son.”
coding by cychotic

The following morning, rather afternoon... Suki awoke with a groan, her eyes forcing themselves open around one. Once she managed to blink away the haze she momentarily forgot that she wasn't in the house she was accustomed to. She squinted and surveyed the nearly bare room before it slowly sank in that this was the guest room Asuma had prepared for her to keep. She relaxes, slightly shifting so as to pull the tucked end of the sheet out from under her. In her sluggish state however she ended up rolling over the edge of the bed and into the floor with a thump. With a half assed grunt she lay splayed on her back, still adjusting eyes staring at the ceiling. It was so bright... Black-out curtains suddenly seemed very attractive. She'd need to do some remodeling if she was going to get truly comfortable here. As she thought this she gave a groan, back popping as she sat forward and slung the blanket back up onto the mattress.

"Suki?!" a worried Asuma calls from downstairs. He must've heard her intimate connection with the floor.

"I'm not dead!" she calls with a slight squeak in her voice. With a yawn she stands and steadies herself against the simple dresser Asuma had provided well ahead of time, her gaze wandering over the wooden floor decorated in her bag and swords along with her outfit from yesterday. The room was otherwise barren. Nothing on the white walls. Nothing in the dresser yet or in the closet. Despite that, a whole new feeling filled her knowing that this room was put together for her. It was the most effort anyone had ever put in for her. She was happy to think that she would be spending her life here with someone like Asuma looking after her. When they got back the night before they had sat down and Suki had some coffee while he complained about how much she added to his tab. Then they talked about her training with the Asahi's and what he had planned to teach her. They chatted about the team she would be assigned to once the academy students graduated in the next week. Tsunade assigned her the three who no one else wanted because they refused to adhere to authority. No sensei wanted to deal with them. But apparently her strict nature and often harsh ways were what they apparently thought would get through to the three delinquents with low scores in differing areas. She wasn't inclined to deny her first job so she would just have to kick them in gear.

She ruffled through her bag and removed a set of her casual clothes, black full length tights and a gray off shoulder long sleeve midriff top.

Shikamaru Nara
Nara.Shikamaru.240.1411623.jpg
[/URL]
notes: casual shikamaru is my favorite shikamaru ❤
Shikamaru awoke with a start, moving a hand across his face and over his eyes. He moved his arm to cover them, his hair spilled in all directions across his bed. It was one of his rarer days off and he had half a mind to simply remain in the comfort of his bed all day. He turned his head to his wall clock: 1:25, it read. He must've been more exhausted than he thought. After dinner, he and his father played a game of shogi, which he won by the skin of his teeth; his father was a lot better at the game than his sensei, after all. He was usually an early riser, not that he was exactly thrilled about that fact, but had the capacity to sleep late in the afternoon if he so desired. It was well-deserved too.

No Tsunade, no Temari, no paperwork, no teammates, no escorting the new girl around town like her personal handler... What was her name, Suki..? Yes, that was her name.

Funny, that last one was oddly specific, he sighed.

Glancing back at the clock, he grumbled in realization. Slowly, he pulled the sheets away from himself and slid out of bed. He decided he would wear his simple black, long-sleeve shirt with the Leaf Village symbol on the left sleeve and a pair of black pants. It was the most casual thing he was sure he owned, aside from what he never wore in public. With that in mind, he began to pull his hair back and tie it up. After he was dressed, he left the house after saying goodbye to his mother; his father seemed to have been at work.

With his hands in his pockets, he started for Asuma's house. He had to walk through the main street of Konoha in order to get to the part of town where Asuma's home was. He reflected momentarily on how much the Leaf had grown and prospered these last few years. There were definitely more residential areas than before, noting all of the families from other villages that had made the trip. He thought of Suki, wondering her reasons for being here. She had to have lived here at some point to be so close with Asuma, but what had made the girl leave?

His stomach rumbled quietly as he walked by Ichiraku Ramen, the scents wafting through the single curtain that acted as an entryway. It was a place Naruto frequented-- lived at was more of an accurate phrase -- so he had only really went whenever he was with him, not having a real interest in going otherwise. However, after realizing he had yet to eat anything, even that was appetizing.

Eventually, he arrived at his sensei's house, knocking on the door with this knuckles gently. "Asuma-sensei? I'm here." Shikamaru called, sliding his hands into his pockets again as he waited.

He wasn't sure why, but he was somewhat nervous. He assumed it was because he was showing someone new around; some citizens lacked trust in Temari and Kankuro at first, as they were citizens of the Sand Village. But Tsunade trusted her enough to be a sensei to the soon-to-be-graduating academy students, so that was enough for him. Still, he couldn't shake the awkward feeling in the pit of his stomach.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Asuma heard the knocking at the door from the kitchen but was occupied making coffee for Suki that she had mentioned wanting the night before. He figured he would be making the black elixir every morning so long as he was home with his niece. The latter had yet to come downstairs but from the commotion he heard earlier he knew she was up and probably moving slowly. "Suki!" he calls. "Come get the door!" He's rewarded with a creak of the stairs before she emerges, dressed and ready it seemed, but lacking the makeup she wore the previous day and with her hair unkempt by her headband.

She bypassed the kitchen despite wanting to taste her morning energy and opened the door with a hand on her hip. She was expecting their visitor and was surprised to see him in a change of attire as well but she guessed she wasn't the only one that liked comfort. She gave him a half smirk though.

"Well well, nice outfit," she compliments while taking a moment to accentuate her own. "Nice taste, loving the black." She steps aside and beckons him in, Asuma stepping into the living area with a tray and two mugs.

"Afternoon Shikamaru. Coffee?"

Last edited:
Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
Embarrassment was already quite apparent on Shikamaru's face at Suki's compliment even as he rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. He wasn't used to someone being so.. forward. Not even Temari was this way. He wasn't sure there was even much to compliment. The only thing different was his lack of Leaf Village uniform green vest. "Um. Thanks. You look.. relaxed?" He said, noticing almost instantly her lack of makeup and her unkempt hair. Not that he minded. He offered an awkward smile, looking over her own outfit and now realizing where her compliment was coming from. She really did love wearing black.

He moved past her and into the house, cracking a wider smile at the sight of the tray carried by Asuma. "You know me well. Thanks," he took the mug with both hands and drank appreciatively with a content sigh, already feeling the caffeine's kick. He wasn't an avid coffee drinker, but it seemed today was one of the days where his body desperately needed the added vigor. "Was it your plan to be in bed all day?" he asked Suki, remembering she seemed to be a late riser like himself.
coding by cychotic

She giggles silently as Shikamaru steps in a little awkwardly. Relaxed huh? It was weird that he saw her like that. Granted she was compared to how she was training or on a mission. So yeah, she figured she was pretty mellow at this point. She closes the door behind him as Asuma offers him some of the coffee he brewed, bringing obvious happiness to their guest. She takes her respective mug and sits down on the love seat beside Asuma, feet pulling up into the chair as she drank the liquid energy with a sigh.

She gives Shikamaru a grin. "I was up around noon at least. What time did you wake up Shikamaru?" she asks as Asuma gestures for him to sit and finish his drink. Before she can instigate further Asuma speaks up, lighting a cigarette.

"I'm sure neither of you were breaking any records waking up."

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
He gratefully sits on the other side of Asuma, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and cupping his mug with both hands. Despite Asuma coming over to play shogi every once in a while, being so casual like this was nice, to say the least.

He turned his head when Suki addressed him, "I woke up at one... fifteen," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as he often did, "It's not like I had work today."

He thought about simply downing the rest of his coffee, but Suki didn't seem to be in any particular rush to leave, at all. So, neither was he. Leaning back into the love seat, he sighed and continued nursing his drink.

coding by cychotic

Suki laughed at Asuma's jest, finding it even more amusing once Shikamaru chimed in that he had woke up not even even half an hour prior. She had actually risen before him. Granted she did lie down yesterday not long after they returned from dinner. She was surprised she got up on her own as was, let alone that she beat Shikamaru to the world of the living. Something he said reminded her of something though.

"Speaking of work, I won't be taking it too easy for much longer. My genin heathens will be here within the week." Asuma exhales a puff of smoke, eyeing her.

"Go easy on the kids alright? We don't need them living in the hospital for the rest of their lives."

She chuckles as she nears the bottom of her mug and gives a sly grin. "Now where's the fun in that? I'm getting saddled with the delinquents after all. They want to act like dumbasses I'll have to put the fear of the ultimate power in them: me. They'll respect me or they'll learn to fear me," she states simply. She hated it when kids acted too big for their breeches. She wasn't going to go easy on them because they were five years younger than her.

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
Shikamaru chuckled as well as Suki talked about her soon-to-be students. He understood where it was coming from, though. He definitely wouldn't want to be a teacher right now. That would be troublesome, and too much work. "Really? They graduate so soon?" he asked. He hadn't realized how time had truly gotten away from him, being absorbed with the chuunin exams and his other duties with Team 10.

A smirk tugged at his lips as Suki continued on about the kids, but he hid it behind his mug, "Well, you'll certainly be mom of the year, won't you?" Shikamaru mumbled to his coffee, downing what was left in the cup before standing.

"We should get going, as much as I'd love to sit here and chat all day," he said, stretching briefly. Not that he wouldn't mind it, but he did want to get in some form of physical activity today.

coding by cychotic

Suki found Shikamaru's comment on her satirical title in the eyes of her students to be worthy of a chuckle. Asuma seemed less amused though, placing a hand on his forehead as he took another drag of his cigarette.

"Hopefully she won't be known as mother of anything for a while. I'm not old enough for that yet," he muses, collecting the empty mugs of the youngsters and taking them to the kitchen on tray once again. Suki rolls her eyes and stretches before rolling up onto her feet, acknowledging Shikamaru's desire to get going.

"Yeah, we shouldn't burn daylight I guess. I'd like to be able to find my way around on my own by the end of the day." She motions for him to wait a second as she runs upstairs to grab her worn out white and black sneakers, returning with them tied to the best of the ragged laces' abilities. Also in hand was a small pack that she shook before pulling a white stick from it and holding it out to Asuma as he reappeared in the room. "Give me a quick light would you?"

"You really shouldn't be smoking at your age," he states disapprovingly.

"Okay I'll quit if you do," she says. He gives her a narrowed state before flicking his lighter under the cigarette. "That's what I thought." She places the stick between her lips and lifts a hand as she places the pack into the front of her shirt and lets them out. "See you tonight."

"Behave!" he calls after them.

Shikamaru Nara
[/URL]
The pair's exchange about smoking made Shikamaru chuckle in the background. He had always known Asuma would never quit, and Suki taking a drag didn't surprise him at all. Seemed to run in the family, he guessed.

He followed Suki out the door, pulling it closed behind them. "Since you're going to be a bonafide babysitter soon enough, you might want to know where the Academy is." He said, pointing out the general direction with a thumb before starting to walk that way.

"Where did you go with Asuma last night?" Shikamaru asked before wincing slightly. He hoped it didn't sound like an interrogation. "I wouldn't want to show you somewhere you've already been."
coding by cychotic

Suki fell into step alongside Shikamaru once he joined her, an armn crossed under her chest and the other holding the cigarette between her fingers. "Sure, the academy seems like good place to start. Might as well see where to take the runts from to hell." She was teasing, but only slightly. It was actually weird seeing the town from just a citizens perspective instead of a tourist.

She glances over at her guide at his question, smiling a bit when he tried to make himself seem less like he was prying. "Dude, relax," she soothes, elbowing him gently in the side. "I don't bite. Often." She giggles and steps off to the side while still heading in the direction he was going, familiarizing herself with the streets. She wasn't sure why he was being so nervous around her, there wasn't anything to be cautious about. He was just showing her around after all. "He took me to some barbeque joint called Yakiniku Q. He added a fortune to his tab and we went home and looked through my new files and just talked about all the stuff that's happened over the years. Then I went to bed. Not really all that exciting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back