• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Castaways

MrMopp

Two Thousand Club
Ohhhhhrighty, here we go. Remember folks, this is pretty much just a rough draft.

Name:

Species:

Appearance
(pictures are fine, but a written description is preferred):

Personality:

Bio (optional):

Profession:

Power (if applicable):

Ability scores

(Rate on a scale of I-5)

Strength:

Dexterity:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Charisma:

Skills

(Also rate from 1-5, but the ability scores with its initial next to it is a 4, add 1 more point).

(If that ability score is a 5, add 2).

(If there are two initials, just pick which one should apply)

(W/C) Bluff:
(S/D) Climb:
(I) Concentration:
(I) Craft (_______):
(I) Craft (_______):
(C) Diplomacy:
(C) Disguise:
(D) Escape artist:
(I) Examine Object
(I) Gather info:
(C) Handle animal:
(I) Heal:
(D/W) Hide:
(C/S) Intimidate:
(S/D) Jump:
(I) Knowladge (_______):
(I) Knowladge (_______):
(W) Listen:
(C) Perform (_______):
(C) Perform (_______):
(D) Move silently:
(W) Search:
(W) Sense motive:
(D) Slight of hand:
(W) Spot:
(D/I) Swim:
(D/I)Tumble:
(I) Use rope:

Combat/Other skills

(S) Grapple:
(D) Dodge:
(S/D) Block
(D) Ranged:
(S/D)Mealie:
(S/D) Unarmed strike
(?) Withstand Damage
(W) Willpower

Lifestyle Features

Racial Features

(If you feel like your character should have extra points in a particular area (like with Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon . I'd give his guy a 7 in strength), then you can bring it up with me and we can work it out.)

(Powers are something else entirely, and we need to discus how to handle them.)

(We also need to figure out how to modify Withstand Damage.)

Any critiques or advice?

Last edited:
Name: Harold Blazer, "Harebourg"

Appearance (pictures are fine, but a written description is preferred): Finally! A description is what I do best.
Slender male slightly above 6"1' with blond hair and green eyes. Wears black pants and a grey vest over a black dress shirt. Bowties are a thing and he wears white gloves. No hat however.

Personality: Calm and only is infuriated typically when somebody toys with his hair or appearance or possibly just somebody is making fun of him.

Bio (optional): Yay! I choose no.

Profession: Librarian.

Power (if applicable): Able to pull a quantum clone into existence, then disappears himself. Unable to do so if stressed or angry.

•••••••••••••••

Ability scores

(Rate on a scale of I-5)

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 4

Wisdom: 2

Charisma: 2

Skills

(Also rate from 1-5, but the ability scores with its initial next to it is a 4, add 1 more point).

(W/C) Bluff: 3

(S/D) Climb: 3

(I) Concentration: 6

(C) Diplomacy: 4

(C) Disguise: 2

(D) Escape artist: 4

(I) Gather info: 5

(C) Handle animal: 2

(I) Heal: 2

(D/W) Hide: 4

(C) Intimidate: 3

(S/D) Jump: 4

(W) Listen: 4

(D) Move silently: 3

(W) Search: 3

(W) Sense motive:3

(D) Slight of hand: 4

(W) Spot: 2

(D/I) Swim: 2

(D/I)Tumble: 2

(I) Use rope: 2

(I/D???)Perform: Fencing/swordfighting: 4

(I)Knowledge: Sort: 6

(Feel free to add and rate 4 special skills based on creative talent, their prior profession, or special knowledge, and use (I) to modify them)

Combat/Other skills

(S) Grapple: 2

(D) Dodge: 5

(S/D) Block: 3

(D) Ranged: 2

(S/D)Melee: 2

(?) Withstand Damage: 2

(W) Willpower : 3\

Lifestyle Features
Being a librarian, Harebourg is adept at sorting and reading, as well as having a detailed mind map of the [insert biggest library here] and knowing every single point of the dewey decimal system by heart. He can recite several fictional and nonfictional works and recognize quotes from a lot more, or at least hear a bit and remember the name or the following sentence. Any book he finds he devours and his record is reading a 256-page novel in 30 minutes. His take on e-books and audiobooks is they suck, and he'd never read out loud unless he's paraphrasing so people don't have to read it too. One significant quirk is he over-analyzes and rereads for no apparent reason, just because books are cool. Bad place to stop, but i'm done with that.

Racial Features
Harebourg was always a Xelor, and always will be a Xelor. Xelor are... Complicated, to say the least, but here's the basics.
1. Post-singularity. Half his species are at this phase and the other half are mental recluses, seeing as they don't get the other half's opinion. This is part of why ebooks, audiobooks, and also technology are generally hard for him although he can get over with it, though always following a mental breakdown of "why did i touch the infernal machine".
2. One power applied at birth. This is a reccessive gene and people who have had two powers typically die at age 14. Harebourg was given manipulation of quantum clones which allows him to virtually teleport with a delay of a few seconds.
3. Other powers. Others are telepathy, metal manipulation in temperature, and there have been cases of some Xelor getting vampiric traits instead of a useful power.

Last edited:
Name: Xuvier Jaccal

Appearance (pictures are fine, but a written description is preferred):
A 5'5 Rodent like creature with a muscular, athletic build. Xuvier has four arms which he can use with perfect unity, and two study legs to support the extra weight. His body is covered in silvery fur with the additions of his peoples dark blue tattoos lining his back, Symbols of valor or feats hes completed in his past. He has long dyed black dreads for hair, and piercing orange eyes. Most prefer to stay away from him, due to his grim appearance.

0cdd1f91af4b0d59a56420eb5cb1d238--male-alien-humanoid-alien.jpg

Personality:
Quirky and eccentric, he is an energetic person who enjoys the company of others. He often attempts to befriend those around him
and greatly enjoys sharing information whenever possible. He has an curious nature about him, since his people are generally nomadic and have few types of technology themselves. He is intrigued by any new technology he finds and simply must tinker with it. However, having zero knowledge of it, he ends up breaking it most of the time. (If you get a new toy, don't give it to the Rat...)

Bio (optional):
Exiled from his home world, Xuvier has spent his time roaming the stars in search of a new home. He was once part of a noble warrior clan of his people, given the task of protecting his land from invasion. However, when found speaking with foreign entities and studying their 'heretical' books, he was banished and castaway from his people. (See what I did there. *Wink*) Never looking back Xuvier flew his own private star vessel, which he had constructed with the help of the foreign aliens and left behind his world for the grandeur of space.

Profession:
Scavenger (It his peoples version of like a rogue, or undesirable.)
(I'm not totally sure what to call him but maybe an aspiring engineer/mechanist?)

Power (if applicable):
Nightvision- Able to see in even the darkest of spaces.

•••••••••••••••

Ability scores

(Rate on a scale of I-5)

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 5

Intelligence: 2

Wisdom: 2

Skills

Lifestyle Features

Poison Master- Being of the Noble Warrior clan, he was treated with countless poisons found on his swampy and inhospitable home world to build a resistance. He can also recognize many, and create new poisons with every discovery.

Racial Features

Inept Researcher- He has a incredible thirst for information and loves finding new technology, however is clumsy about doing it. Any piece of technology he 'studies' he has a high chance of destroying, however can also learn something new and apply it to his current skills.

W/C Bluff: 3
S/D Climb: 4+2
I Concentration: 2
I Craft _______: 3
C Diplomacy: 4
C Disguise: 0
D Escape artist: 4+2
I Examine Object: -2
I Gather info: 4
C Handle animal: 3
I Heal: 5
D/W Hide: 2+2
C/S Intimidate: 4+1
S/D Jump: 4+2
I Knowledge: 2
(W) Listen: 3
C Perform _______: -1

D Move silently: 5+2
W Search: 3
W Sense motive: 2
D Slight of hand: 4+2
W Spot: 5
D/I Swim: 3+2
D/ITumble: 0
I Use rope: 3

(Feel free to add and rate 4 special skills based on creative talent, their prior profession, or special knowledge, and use (I) to modify them)

Combat/Other skills

S Grapple: 3+1

D Dodge: 3+2

S/D Block 2+2

D Ranged: 3+2

S/DMealie: 5+2

? Withstand Damage ER

W Willpower 4+1

I do hope this is alright, please let me know.​

Last edited:
Name: Khasistana-aragal-Esel

Species: Kodarka

Appearance: Esel is clad in a body made purely of elaborate cybernetics directly, along with her body being comprised of many pieces of enhanced machinery. Her upper body is humanoid in general shape, though her bottom half consists of four mechanical legs that allow her to move quickly and precisely. She is about 6'2'' (~1.88 meters) tall, slender in the waist and wide in the hips and shoulders. She often has weapons, trinkets, and gadgets of all kind strapped to her or hidden in various pockets. Due to her appearance not being outwardly feminine to many other species, she is often mistaken for a male.

Approximate Appearance:
upload_2017-9-11_22-18-4.png

Personality: At first, Esel seems to have very little personality. She speaks in very abrupt, short, and to-the-point sentences, and seems to have little care for leisurely and intimate conversation. It almost makes her seem more machine than living creature. After a while of getting to know her, though, pieces of her character will begin to leak out (whether by accident or intentionally). She has a sense of humor, though it's comprised of a very quick wit and dry humor. She has a competitive mark in her that she tries to deny exists, and can even be pretty down-to-earth.

Bio: Esel was born on Tarsiss, the Kodarka homeworld. Very early in her life, she knew she wanted to leave the planet and go off into the galaxy. She knew this wouldn't be an easy task, though. Tarsiss is unique in that it is a very high-pressure planet with an atmosphere make-up different from many worlds. As they differ from most known sapient species in the galaxy and require specific planet conditions to colonize, which often are not claimed due to them not being habitable to many species), this has led to a very isolationist attitude and culture when it comes to most of the Kodarka, as they rarely venture from their claimed planets (and on the reverse side, very few species visit them due to the conditions of their planets). Her family group all objected greatly to this goal, doing their best to stifle any desire to leave. This only strengthened her rebellious resolve.

She moved from her home country on Tarsiss and applied to the Galactic Kodarka Representation (the representative body of the Kodarka in the galactic community). It was not an easy process for any of her people to go through. It takes many, many years of legislative processes, paperwork, tests, and other headache inducing procedures. After about a decade, she was denied. Esel refused to give up, and underwent some "shady" processes to finally get herself into space. Outfitted with a new body allowing her to survive outside her usual atmosphere, she now roamed the galaxy, eventually becoming a mercenary and occasional gun-for-hire. It's a harsh galaxy, so sometimes you gotta be a bit harsher to survive. Esel has never looked back once she left Tarsiss...no matter how much she felt the urge to.

Profession: Mercenary / Gun-for-hire

Powers:
  • Sniper: Esel is an expert at long-ranged fighting. Her best weapon is her sniper rifle, which she can use to eliminate targets from afar. She has a few other long-range weapons, such as throwing weapons and different bullets, that she can also use. However, this means that Esel isn't good at close-combat, and cornering her is a good strategy to beat her.
  • Stealth: Esel fights best not as a front fighter, but as a stealth attacker. She likes to sneak at the side-lines and ambush or pick off enemies before slipping away, hidden once more. Her exo-suit is built to be as quiet as possible and to blend in with the shadows.
  • Agility: Esel is also very fast on the battlefield, her mechanical legs helping her to run quickly and jump around on the terrain. She isn't very adept at staying close and in the same general spot, so she'll often dart around while fighting.

•••••••••••••••

Ability Scores
Strength: 2

Dexterity:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Charisma:

Skills
Bluff: 2

Climb: 5 (+ 2)

Concentration: 4 (+ 2)

Diplomacy: 0

Disguise: 2

Escape artist: 5 (+ 2)

Gather info: 4 (+ 2)

Handle animal: -1

Heal: 3 (+ 2)

Hide: 5 (+ 2)

Intimidate: 3

Jump: 5 (+ 2)

Listen: 1

Move silently: 5 (+ 2)

Search: 2

Sense motive: 2

Slight of hand: 5 (+ 2)

Spot: 2

Swim: 2 (+ 1)

Tumble: 5 (+ 2)

Use rope: 3 (+ 2)

Run: 3

Examine Item: 4 (+ 2)

Knowledge (Other races): 3 (+ 2)

Knowledge (Weapons): 4 (+ 2)

Craft (Basic Cybernetics): 2

Craft (Weapons): 3

Perform (Medical): 3

Special Skills
Combative / Ranged Support: 5 (+ 1)

Weapons Proficiency: 4 (+ 1)

Ambush: 5 (+ 1)

Infiltration: 3 (+1)

Combat/Other skills
Grapple: 2

Dodge: 5 (+ 2)

Block: 4

Ranged: 5 (+ 2)

Mealie: 3

Unarmed strike: 2

Withstand Damage: 3

Willpower: 2

Racial Skills
Cybernetics: Due to the unique conditions of the home planet and biology of the Kodarka, all Kodarka who travel outside Tarsiss are outfitted with an exo-suit. These vary from individual to individual, but they have the same general layout.

Lifestyle Skills
Well-Traveled: Esel's job has allowed her to travel throughout all kinds of places. While she hasn't seen every planet out there, she's seen quite a few.

Last edited:
Name: Qualo Sloom

Species: Sooliphone

Appearance: Like most Sooliphones, he has no set appearance, being able to change height, shape, skin color, and texture at will. However, his three small eyes are always a light blue glow. His skin it's natural color is a glossy black, with the texture being very smooth.

Personality: Qualo Sloom is a coward, more so that he is overally cautious than outright scared. He is a bit of a recluse, only opening up to those he does not feel threatened by, from which he will love to engage in intellectual talks regarding all manner of subjects. Despite his cowardness, he has what he calls "an unhealthy curiosity that will one day get me killed."

Bio: Born in the small town of Wollmos, he spent his youth on the frontier lands of his planet. However, the playful and daredevil child would soon lose his adventuring spirit when a Barsoom attacked his village, destroying his home and nearly killing him. Since then, he has always been overally cautious, no longer living on the frontier, but in one of the great walled cities of his nation. Despite this, he still harbored his curiosity of the world around him. From the walled city, Gluumon, he has led a very peaceful and tranquil life until a recent war with a neighboring nation over cultural differences and resources. The first year of the war saw massive casualties with the newly invented repeater rifle, capable of firing five shots in under 20 seconds. His biggest fear at the moment is being drafted in one of the recruitment waves that have started in response to the causalties.

Profession: Watcher Scholar; a profession that records history and discoveries into engravings so they can be printed for future generations.

Power:
Shapeshifting: he can squeeze through the smallest cracks, stretch up long distances, and recover from broken bones easily.

Mimic Object: he can mimic an object in the surrounding area nearly flawlessly, gaining a +5 buff to disguise and hide checks.

Mimic Person: when mimicking the shape of another species, his dexterity and strength will change depending on the species, though with a penalty of having half the strength if strength is gained. Becoming a big strong species would give him half the strength of the character, but the same dexterity.

•••••••••••••••

Ability scores

(Rate on a scale of I-5)

Strength: 1

Dexterity: 6

Intelligence: 4

Wisdom: 3

Skills

(W/C) Bluff:

(S/D) Climb: 5+2

(I) Concentration: 4+1

(C) Diplomacy: 2

(C) Disguise: 5+2

(D) Escape artist: 5+2

(I) Gather info: 2+1

(C) Handle animal: 1

(I) Heal: 1+1

(D/W) Hide: 5+2

(C/S) Intimidate: 1

(S/D) Jump: 2+2

(W) Listen: 4

(D) Move silently: 5+2

(W) Search: 2

(W) Sense motive: 1

(D) Slight of hand: 2+2

(W) Spot: 2

(D/I) Swim: 1+2

(D/I)Tumble: 2+2

(I) Use rope: 1+1

Combat/Other skills

(S) Grapple: 1

(D) Dodge: 5+2

(S/D) Block: 1+2

(D) Ranged: 2+2

(S/D)Melee: 1+2

(S/D) Unarmed strike: 1+2

(?) Withstand Damage: 1

(W) Willpower: 2

Last edited:
Name:
Grav, the Tower of Power

Appearance:
Louho2-632x790.png

Grav is very large, even for his own species. He stands at about 8'6", but is prone to slouch alot, making him seem shorter than he actually is. He weighs approximately 350 lbs., almost entirely of muscle. His skin is rough and gray, and his eyes glow an odd red-orange, and wears rather primitive clothing, with boots and gloves taken from his defeated enemies, as well as his belt.

Personality:
Grav comes from a very primitive culture, and is rather aggressive because of the world he was born in. Though he can speak, he knows very little of manners, and doesn't know when to stay quiet. He can be quite difficult to converse with, and if you're not established as a friend, then he's going to think of you as food.

Bio:
Grav is a member of a genetically designed super mutated race of alien and bear DNA, called the Vuxians. They were originally created to keep the peace on unruly planets, which for a time worked. Eventually though, the Vuxians rose up in revolt of their masters and stole the ships they were given, crashlanding onto a foreign planet that was filled with dangerous, maneating animals. A perfect place for them to set up shop. Grav was one of the 'tube-born'; one of the original Vuxians. For many years, he's lived on Vux just surviving, killing and eating to his hearts content. But lately, he's found himself pining for the times when he could fight and kill for a cause. So when he was abducted by unknown entities, he was just glad to have a change of pace in his life.

Profession:
Though he isn't one now, Grav used to be an Intergalactic Peacekeeper. Now he is just a Vuxian trying to survive.

Power: Power of a Vux
Bred to ignore pain and kill at all costs, once a day, Grav can ignore a killing blow dealt to him by rolling a strength saving roll.

•••••••••••••••

Ability scores

Strength: 7

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence: 1

Wisdom: 1

Charisma: 1

Skills

(W/C) Bluff: 1

(S/D) Climb: 7+2

(I) Concentration: 2

(C) Diplomacy: -3

(C) Disguise: 1

(D) Escape artist: 0

(I) Gather info: 1

(C) Handle animal: 1

(I) Heal: 1

(D/W) Hide: 1

(C/S) Intimidate: 7+2

(S/D) Jump: 7+2

(W) Listen: 1

(D) Move silently: 1

(W) Search: 1

(W) Sense motive: 1

(D) Slight of hand: 1

(W) Spot: 1

(D/I) Swim: 3

(D/I)Tumble: 2

(I) Use rope: 1

Special Skills:

Tracking: 3

Lifting/Pushing: 3

Breaking things/items: 3

Combat/Other skills

(S) Grapple: 7+2

(D) Dodge: 1

(S/W) Run: 7+2

(S/D) Block: 9

(D) Ranged: 1

(S/D) Melee: 7+2

(S/D) Unarmed strike: 7+2

(?) Withstand Damage: 5

(W) Willpower: 1​

Last edited:
WORK IN PROGRESS

Name: Porq

Species: Rikkin

Appearance: (
see picture below) Pork is a dwarfish biped who strongly resembles porcupine, quills, muzzle and all. He's got short, stocky limbs that come equipped with a set of large, wicked claws (for climbing and digging, but perfectly good for raking your face if he has to), and as you might imagine, an impressive needley hairdo which starts from his head and shoulder blades and tapers down his back to his tail. He has patches of smaller quills around his forearms, elbows, shins and ankles that lie flat beneath his course fur until he tenses up.

Personality: If there was one word to describe Porq, it would be "Disgruntled." If I had to pick two, they would be "Deadpan". Pork is a fussy, moody little guy with a relitively high IQ and a low tolerance for lunacy, which does him no favors seeing as he finds it every where he looks. He's pretty much convinced at this point that the universe is trying to drive him insane... and he's probably right. (More coming)

Bio (optional):

Profession: Mechanic

Power: NA

Ability scores

(Rate on a scale of I-5)

S: 3

D:3

I: 4

W: 5

C: 2

Skills

(W/C) Bluff:4

(S/D) Climb: 5

(I) Concentration: 4+1

(I) Craft (_______):

(I) Craft (_______):

(C) Diplomacy:

(C) Disguise: AS WHAT?

(D) Escape artist:

(I) Examine Object:

(I) Gather info:

(C) Handle animal:

(I) Heal:

(D/W) Hide:

(C/S) Intimidate:

(S/D) Jump: 1 (stubby legs)

(I) Knowladge (_______):

(I) Knowladge (_______):

(W) Listen:
(C) Perform (_______):
(C) Perform (_______):
(D) Move silently:
(W) Search:
(W) Sense motive:
(D) Slight of hand:
(W) Spot:
(D/I) Swim:
(D/I)Tumble:
(I) Use rope:

Combat/Other skills

(S) Grapple:
(D) Dodge:
(S/D) Block
(D) Ranged:
(S/D)Mealie:
(S/D) Unarmed strike
(?) Withstand Damage
(W) Willpower

Lifestyle Features

Racial Features

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    747.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
WIP
Completed (mostly):
  • Race Information
  • Skills/Attributes
To Do:
  • Personal Information
  • Racial Features

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name:
Profession:
Bio-Technical Engineer
Bio-Technical Engineers are specialists in creating and maintaining technological advancements that use biological components and visa-versa. Most well-known for their advances in cybernetic technologies, their work in biological weapons and organic-based technology are just as advanced. Because many bio-technical engineers specialize in one aspect of this field over others, they are often called by their chosen aspect rather than their degree, lending to titles of Cybernetics Engineer, Bio-Warfare Engineer, and Organics Engineer. Due to the somewhat taboo nature of organic technologies, however, many Organics Engineers are simply called mad scientists.
Personality:
Biography:
Lifestyle Features:

SPECIES INFORMATION

Species Name:
Uyzirb (correctly pronounced we-zurb but more often than not mispronounced as u-zurb)
General Info:
While inhospitable to most - with a mostly-dry, jagged landscape and no plantlife to speak of - the planet Tligrost has long been home to some very unusual creatures and a vast number of valuable resources. Not the least of these are the Tligrostoe, a race of highly-intelligent individuals of extraordinary proportions... extraordinarily small, that is. Tligrostoe are typically no more than three to four inches in height and are generally bulbous in shape. With no legs and only two very stubby arms, the Tligrostoe are nearly immobile, although some of the more talented are able to roll themselves from place to place, with record speeds nearly reaching three meters per minute.

Typically green or brown in color, the Tligrostoes' skin tones can range anywhere from the darkest of red-browns to almost the blue side of green and anywhere in between, making the Tligrostoe one of the most color-diverse races in the universe. On the flip side of this, however, all Tligrostoe have two brown eyes and one gold eye. The gold eye is generally in the center of the three and is most often kept closed. Their closed eyes blend well enough with their skin tones that most people do not know that the third eye exists.

On Tligrost, the Tligrostoe have been traditionally treated by the natives - which are mostly comprised of a variety of vicious animals - as toys, often batting them around or tossing them back and forth like balls. Though they are certainly small enough to be eaten, most larger critters long ago discovered that the Tligrostoe are deadly if consumed, their small bodies filled with an invasive, paralytic toxin. Fortunately for the Tligrostoe, however, the animals are not the planet's only inhabitants.

The Zroewrerg are tall and lithe. Reaching average heights of eight feet - the tallest reaching upwards of nine - their slender figures are perfect for dexterous combat maneuvers. Despite their bony structure, Zroewrerg have thick, grey skin akin to leather or, in some small patches, stone, giving them more durability than their spindly figures would suggest and lending a moderate natural defense to physical attacks. Unfortunately, their unusual skin texture and flat-fronted figures make them less than aerodynamic, presenting a problem for swift forward movement. The species adapted by learning how to run sideways and now holds the intergalactic record in running speed for species that run on only two legs.

Both the Tligrostoe and the Zroewrerg have physically evolved to accommodate the unusual pairing that their races have formed in the Uyzirb. Many believe that the ancient Tligrostoe were considerably more mobile than they are today, with more egg-shaped figures and a working pair of legs; however, the inhospitable nature of Tligrost has prevented any extensive archaeological study to prove the theory one way or the other. The most notable change, however, is quite obvious in the Zroewrerg. A cup- or bowl-shaped growth begins to form - as early as a Zroewrerg's second year - that perfectly molds to, and will eventually contain, the bulbous shape of the Tligrostoe. While these blum - a term that means flower in ancient Tligrostian - are most common on the top of the head, they can form on the side of the head, on one of the shoulders, or even on the upper chest or back.

This evolutionary process is also quite evident in the Uyzirb's actions. The bond between partners is such that most who are unfamiliar with the race believe them to be a singular body with two heads rather than two separate individuals. While the Tligrostoe speaks, the Zroewrerg to which he or she is partnered perfectly mimics the words with appropriate gestures. In addition, one will rarely, if ever, catch the Uyzirb speaking to themselves. Rather, by the time they enter the public arena, most are so well-bonded that they know their own thoughts well enough that talking is simply unnecessary. This strange way of acting is made only more confusing by the fact that the Uyzirb refer to themselves in the singular first person as though the two individuals who comprise them are, in fact, one being.

It is on the rare occasion that the Zroewrerg of the pair speaks that clarity is brought. This is so rare that many go years without realizing that the 'second head' of a Uyzirb can speak, and it tends to happen only on occasions where the Tligrostoe is unable to for one reason or another, typically due to illness. Often, however, if one is ill, both are, and it is irregular that one is healthy while the other is not.

Separating one from the other is not only uncommon but also deadly. While the Zroewrerg are physically capable of survival without their Tligrostoe counterparts, they lack the intelligence or the ability to apply what knowledge they have in order to move forward, making them stagnant without the incredible intellect of the Tligrostoe. The Tligrostoe, on the other hand, are incapable of worthwhile movement without the Zroewrerg, leaving them unable to fend for themselves. However, neither of those is as defined or traumatic as the mental stress associated with separation of the Uyzirb from itself, and the intense stress put on their mental state upon separation is usually enough, in itself, to cause death only a few short days after the removal of a partner. For this reason alone, circumstances that may be disorienting or inconvenient to some species when lacking their 'better half' are deadly to the Uyzirb.

The strong bond formed between Uyzirb partners often leads to romantic interests; however, the biological differences between the two species that comprise them prevent mating. As a result, it is not unusual for two Uyzirb to mate, much as any other species would, and to form strong bonds between the quartet. Deeper mating bonds can even allow for the swapping of partners, even further confusing the definition of the Uyzirb as a singular race. This quartet bonding is as much a survival mechanism for the individuals who maintain it as it is for the race as a whole. Being able to swap partners means that the loss of one will not necessarily mean the death of the other. Mated Uyzirb have a considerably longer life expectancy, for this reason, than unmated members of the race.
History:
While the Tligrostoe are primarily an intellectual species, the Zroewrerg, in contrast, are warriors. The Zroewrergian history books tell a grandiose tale of ancient nomadic, space-faring warriors coming to the rescue of the oppressed Tligrostoe; however, it has become rather common knowledge that the Zroewrerg were entirely unaware that their hunt to restock their food surplus resulted in the unintended rescue of a few Tligrostoe whose area they happened to be hunting. The Tligrostoe who were rescued, of course, expressed their thanks to a very surprised group of warriors.

Still, that unusual beginning sparked a relationship between the two races. It took almost no time for the Tligrostoe to absorb what little knowledge of technology and the universe that the Zroewrerg could impart, and it was almost immediately afterward that the Tligrostoe began implementing vast improvements on the technology available to them. While the Zroewrerg technology was far behind other galactic travelers at the time, upon leaving Tligrost only months later, the improvements that had been made on their ships put them on par with the more technologically-advanced races of the time period.

Recognizing the vast resource of information processing, analyzing, and handling available to them in the Tligrostoe, the Zroewrerg began taking their newfound companions off-world with them. Over time, working pairs developed stronger bonds, and as the racial partnership developed further, those bonds began to deepen. Tligrost became a regular stopping point for the Zroewrerg in their travels, and it soon became a custom to send unpaired members of their species to find a partner among the Tligrostoe. Eventually, the Zroewrergian customs adopted the sending of young children to Tligrost to live their early years, hone their fighting skill among the dangerous beasts on the planet's surface, and eventually find their bonded pair among the Tligrostoe.

Over the millennia, the strange pairing of these two unlikely races became so ingrained in their definitions that the two became known as one, singular race: The Uyzirb, a term that, in ancient Tligrostian, meant Pair-Bond.

Tligrost is now well-populated by the Uyzirb and their unbound counterparts. All unbound are sent to, and remain on, Tligrost until they are partnered. While most return to the nomadic ways of ancient the Zroewrerg, the Uyzirb rely on the few who have chosen to remain behind on Tligrost for the purpose of raising the young. This unusual custom makes family bonds among the Uyzirb shallow and generally meaningless, as Uyzirb parents spend little to no time with their young before sending them to Tligrost. This lack of family ties among the Uyzirb gives even more strength to the bond between working partners.
Racial Features:

ATTRIBUTES

Attribute
Rank (1-5)
Strength:
Dexterity:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

BASIC SKILLS

Skill
Related Attribute