• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Castaway World Building Discussion

Who boarders whom? Just because then we can get an Idea of which races would have more problems/relations with whom.
? What allows the non-humans to effectivley stay in power or even hold a sizable kingdom? Or are they the smallest kingdom hold up in some impenetrable mountian range? Si

Granted I have a question about magic, what are it's limitation? Any battle or war defining magic
nce with them being non-magical there has to be a reason why their magical counterparts or the other races haven't been able to just conquer them.

Maybe population size? But that leads back to magic size and power.

Granted to fall back on an earlier comment by another folk, how many human kingdoms are there? Is there a united front against the other races or is it more scattered? I also think it would be interesting to see a HRE type human empire where the position is elected by powerful nobles, could give an interesting dynamic amongst various lords and lieges since they would need to secure their vote in the event the emperor dies, also would explain the reason why the humans, if they have a vastly larger population would have not conquered the other races since the HRE was prone to constant infighting amongst lords and even rebellions against the Emperor.

Also I guess I'm gonna throw a name for a kingdom here "The Kingdom of Aurum" basically the Golden Kingdom or Kingdom of Gold, maybe the richest or known for its vast farmlands or golden wheat?

What also helps to make names or grab ideas for how a certian race works is to look at what culture you would equate or want them to be like, for instance you can base the Demons off of how the Islamic Caliphates opperated or maybe like the Byzantine empire, maybe other races are more like the Italian city states like Venice, Pisa, Genoa, Florence ect. Always helped me make names for them.

Sorry for the block of ideas and shit, just spent some time pondering.

Not necessarily. Some may be exiles or criminals, but the sea goddess never gives up on any of her previous followers. Some found it easier and with less burden and responsibility to live on land. Not every mermaid must help the sea. Each tribe helps a part of the sea and can do it with as little as three members.

Ahh - that makes sense. Would some of the mermaids that decide to not help the sea end up becoming in a sense 'traitors' to their tribe? Would they have trouble being accepted or not necessarily?

- How many tribes of mermaids and sirens were you thinking? 3 -4 of each? How many seas are in this world? Maybe we go from there?

Who boarders whom? Just because then we can get an Idea of which races would have more problems/relations with whom.
? What allows the non-humans to effectivley stay in power or even hold a sizable kingdom? Or are they the smallest kingdom hold up in some impenetrable mountian range? Si

Granted I have a question about magic, what are it's limitation? Any battle or war defining magic
nce with them being non-magical there has to be a reason why their magical counterparts or the other races haven't been able to just conquer them.

Maybe population size? But that leads back to magic size and power.

Granted to fall back on an earlier comment by another folk, how many human kingdoms are there? Is there a united front against the other races or is it more scattered? I also think it would be interesting to see a HRE type human empire where the position is elected by powerful nobles, could give an interesting dynamic amongst various lords and lieges since they would need to secure their vote in the event the emperor dies, also would explain the reason why the humans, if they have a vastly larger population would have not conquered the other races since the HRE was prone to constant infighting amongst lords and even rebellions against the Emperor.

Also I guess I'm gonna throw a name for a kingdom here "The Kingdom of Aurum" basically the Golden Kingdom or Kingdom of Gold, maybe the richest or known for its vast farmlands or golden wheat?

What also helps to make names or grab ideas for how a certian race works is to look at what culture you would equate or want them to be like, for instance you can base the Demons off of how the Islamic Caliphates opperated or maybe like the Byzantine empire, maybe other races are more like the Italian city states like Venice, Pisa, Genoa, Florence ect. Always helped me make names for them.

Sorry for the block of ideas and shit, just spent some time pondering.
- I think every magic has it's own limitation/weakness but magic/power wouldn't determine population.
- The borders are a really good question. I mainly focus on which races may have more tensions to others focusing on magics and weaknesses.
~ An example would be Ochresile may not get along with fae or mermaids really while Mermaids & Sirens have some tension possibly.

Ahh - that makes sense. Would some of the mermaids that decide to not help the sea end up becoming in a sense 'traitors' to their tribe? Would they have trouble being accepted or not necessarily?

- How many tribes of mermaids and sirens were you thinking? 3 -4 of each? How many seas are in this world? Maybe we go from there?

- I think every magic has it's own limitation/weakness but magic/power wouldn't determine population.
- The borders are a really good question. I mainly focus on which races may have more tensions to others focusing on magics and weaknesses.
~ An example would be Ochresile may not get along with fae or mermaids really while Mermaids & Sirens have some tension possibly.
My point on the magic wasn't determining population size, it was how did the non magical humans continue to have a kingdom despite being the only ones without magic. I assumed either they had a vastly larger population or they have some kind of advantage that the other races and their magical counterparts don't have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back