AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Cartoon Wars
cartoon-network-90s-cartoons.jpg
"The Rules of Real Life Don't Apply." ~Jack McBrayer

Our favorite cartoon characters did not just willy-nilly learn how to be the characters they are. Kim Possible didn't always know how to be a main character, and Ron and Rufus certainly did not always know how to be her sidekicks. No, our favorite characters had to learn these trades, much as we have to learn history, math, science, and all those other sleep-inducing subjects in school.

There is a place, a school, an academy, where cartoon characters are made. Simple teenagers go in normal and average and graduate as the characters we know and love. At this school, they learn how to fit into the roles that have been made for them. The roles that were based off of them. Cartoons are mostly pulled from the imagination, yes, but they are also inspired by the students at this school.

Some students learn how to be main characters, the heroes of the story the cartoon will tell. These characters make up an almost elite group, a stock of students worth all the protection in the world. They are the true inspiration for the cartoon--after all, half of these cartoons are named after them. Others learn to be their sidekicks, loyal to the main characters and often their best friends. They are also incredibly important to the show, and they form a secondary elite class.

But then there are the Original Characters, or the OCs, characters that fit into a certain cartoon universe but are slated to never officially appear in the cartoon whose universe they were made for. They are cast aside, forgotten, treated like normal people, even if they think they are worth so much more.

Naturally, they get pissed.

The OCs declare war on the Cartoon Realm, and everyone must take sides. Some of the minor characters choose to side with the OCs, as they are also often forgotten, while others back the main characters and sidekicks aching for a fight. However, many of the main characters and sidekicks don't want war; in fact, they want peace. But with OCs and main characters alike screaming for blood, how can they ever resolve the tension at their school?

Meanwhile, those characters learning to become villains are secretly plotting to take over the cartoon universe...

"Creating a Successful Cartoon is the Hardest Work of All." ~Joseph Barbera

I am perfectly willing to allow everyone to have up to 10 characters (mostly because I will have 10 myself). But please please PLEASE don't take on that many if you cannot handle it. Face claims for this characters will be REALISTIC ONLY. They are cast into their cartoon forms after graduation, but for now, they're just like you and me. Make sense?

That being said, characters in this RP can come from any cartoon/animated show that started or ran during the early 2000s (so from 2000-2009). So the PowerPuff Girls would be okay since it ran from 1998 to 2005. Jimmy Neutron or NinjaGo would also be okay since they fall under the category of "animated show." Any cartoon from the '90s may be accepted with good reason--so give me a good one. Cartoons from 2010 and beyond are not included in this RP. Let's go back to most of our childhoods, kiddies. Ask me if you don't know if a cartoon is from this time period; I have an entire list of cartoons themselves that I can check.

Main Characters
Obviously, the main character(s) of the cartoon in question. Examples include Danny Fenton/Phantom, Kim Possible, the Teen Titans.

Sidekicks
The formal name is "deuteragonist." They are sort of main characters but act as the sidekick to the main character or are secondly important in a cartoon. Examples include Sam Manson, Numbuh 5/Abigail Lincoln, Zoey from Total Drama, etc.

Minor Characters
The characters who appear very few times or aren't terribly important to the progress of the show. Many OCs fall under this category. Or that crush character that nobody actually likes but the main character is too foolish to see that.

Villains
Self-explanatory, right? The evil character. Examples include Doctor Drakken, Azula, Slade.

NOTE:
I will need certain characters for the purposes of GM posting. So consider the following characters off limits:

TAKEN
Danny Fenton/Phantom~Danny Phantom
OC~Danny Phantom
Azula~Avatar: The Last Airbender
Nova~Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
"I Don't Think of Cartoons or Comics as Being For Kids." ~Jeff Kinney

Rules N' Such

Please respect your fellow players. Like really. Let's not insult/criticize/indirectly antagonize anyone. I've seen it all. Not fun.

If you have a problem with another player, please inform me first. Or be a badass and tell them that what they're doing isn't cool. No, but seriously. Tell me first.

Oh, yeah, follow RPN rules. That'd be great.

I'm pretty sure I'm the GM, so if anyone tries to usurp me, I'll whup your ass.
nymphadora. nymphadora. agreed to run this damn school with me, so her word is also basically law. Disrespect her and I'm pretty sure she'll whup your ass.

I'm okay with romance. But nothing that's so gushy and ew that I want to gouge my eyes out reading it. I like romance, but not the overly cheesy kind.
(Also make sure the other person is okay with it. Don't be that jerk.)

This is gonna be casual/detailed. I like seeing paragraphs. Paragraphs are fun. NO ONE-LINERS. And please be able to grammar. It kinda sucks when I have no idea what you're trying to say.

This is gonna be really chill, y'all. One post a week? Sounds good to me. (I mostly say this since I'm a busy little bee.)

TELL ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABSENT. IF SOMETHING CAME UP UNEXPECTEDLY, TELL ME WHEN YOU COME BACK. DO NOT JUST DISAPPEAR. I WILL EITHER PRETEND YOUR CHARACTER DOESN'T EXIST OR KILL THEM. (Jk, I'll just let someone else have them...or take over them myself...)

Any questions? Ask! (But make sure you read everything first. Don't be that guy.)

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Omg I hate you so much. Fine. I'm joining.

I know for sure I'm taking Starfire and Bubbles, though not sure who else yet. ^^

Oh yes, when it comes to claiming characters, I'd definitely love to claim Robin from Teen Titans, if that would be alright!

Wait can I have Scooby-Doo too? My dog is named Scooby so I want him bad lmao

If they're available, so far I'd like Aang and May from Avatar lol
Katara for me XD

HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS GONNA DO ZUKO??????

I know for sure I'm taking Starfire and Bubbles, though not sure who else yet. ^^

Sure!

Oh yes, when it comes to claiming characters, I'd definitely love to claim Robin from Teen Titans, if that would be alright!

YES ROBIN I LOVE HIM DO IT

Wait can I have Scooby-Doo too? My dog is named Scooby so I want him bad lmao

Do it

I was into this until i saw that damn rule. Why do they have to be from 2000 - 2009? What's the point in that?
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

>w< I'm sorry?
I see 2000-2009 as the prime time for cartoons. Most of the cartoons from 2010 on kinda caused a downfall in animation, in my honest opinion, in general. Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, and Wonder Over Yonder are exceptions to this, of course, but I see 2000-2009 as the primetime of "childhood television."
That's not to say the ones from the '90s aren't fantastic. If you want to do them, that's fine. But at the same time, there were A LOT of cartoons and animated shows in 2000-2009, so there are plenty to choose from.

Does that make sense?

I'm really sorry I made you mad

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork may i claim Katara (Avatar), Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls) and Daphne (from Scooby Doo)?

Last edited:
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS GONNA DO ZUKO??????

Sure!

YES ROBIN I LOVE HIM DO IT

Do it

>w< I'm sorry?
I see 2000-2009 as the prime time for cartoons. Most of the cartoons from 2010 on kinda caused a downfall in animation, in my honest opinion, in general. Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, and Wonder Over Yonder are exceptions to this, of course, but I see 2000-2009 as the primetime of "childhood television."
That's not to say the ones from the '90s aren't fantastic. If you want to do them, that's fine. But at the same time, there were A LOT of cartoons and animated shows in 2000-2009, so there are plenty to choose from.

Does that make sense?

I'm really sorry I made you mad
Wasn't really mad just a bit irritated. I was hoping i could use Star Butterfly that's why I got annoyed.

i'm in hun!

I am gonna claim Toph (Avatar), Sokka (Avatar), Velma (Scooby-Doo), and Tucker (Danny Phantom)

there will probably be more but this is all i can think of now AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

If she's not taken too, I'd like Raven from Teen Titans too. And then I'm freaking done lol.

Users who are viewing this thread