• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Caffeine_Obsessed

Lost: Marbles

Monsters. We all have them. We all fear them. Whether the monsters are ourselves or living beings that exist with us, we cannot ignore them. But is it possible to overcome them?

The monsters here and now however- are very real. They destroy everything in their path, leaving only death darkness and destruction. Where they came from- we may never know. But they are here now, and you can defeat them to the best of our knowledge. So, dear heroes... Can you defeat them before they destroy us all?

' There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck... '

01DD1477-3D89-4DED-AB6E-A94FB5D8FDB6.jpeg

Rhys climbed up the barricade with all the determination he felt from himself and his peers. This was it! After this- they will finally be free to live as they want. They will rebuild the world, everything will be perfect! He hauled himself up to the top, his head just barely peeking above. He felt adrenaline pumping through him, making his nerves stand on edge and his teeth clenching with excitement. His gloved hand tensed as he lifted the rest of his upper body over the wall. A voice echoed in his head before he even could comprehend what was happening.' There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck... '

…Huh? What the fuck was that?

Just as his flaming pumpkin head looked up, a bright light filled his vision. One second he felt the pressure of holding himself up to climb the wall, the next he felt weightless. Almost like he was swimming, but he couldn’t see a damn thing. It was neither light nor dark, it was just… nothing. There was a buzzing in his ear that made his skull hurt, so he pressed his hands to his throbbing head, wishing with all hell that it would go away.

What the fuck was happening?!

Suddenly, the buzzing in his ear became a screech loud enough that he was positive it would make his brain explode. He screamed in agony, however it was short lived since he supposed it made him blank out.

After a blissful moment of silence, he groaned in pain, his head still aching from the previous screaming in his ear. He paused, suddenly aware of whatever that nonsense was that just happened to him.. He jolted up, his eyes snapping open to take in the surroundings around him. He realized he was sprawled out on a dusty dirt floor… or was it sand? He didn’t give a shit at the moment. With a huff, he rushed to get up, forcing his flames to rear out from his body. One thing was obvious- He wasn’t home anymore…​

The sky was clear today, clouds being sparse and the blue of the sky only rivalled by the colors of nature below. Though a shadow soon formed over the colorful field below. A large shape, majestic and with wide wings, moved across the landscape, it's black shadow casting far over the lands. But this was not a rare sight, as the dragon riders of Avaritia flew their patrols regularly.
Neither was it odd to see this particular dragon in the skies. The fact that the guard captain and folk hero, Gwendolyn IV. Mistra of Avaritia, was fond of flying these routine tours herself was widely known.

Sitting atop her proud companion, nobody shorter than the aspect of ice himself Pruinus, she let the fresh air breeze through her white hair. This was as much a joy as it was a duty. There were few things in life that could beat the feeling of soaring through the sunlit sky, breathing the air of freedom, feeling the wind and the world around yourself. At least, that was how Gwendolyn experienced things. Though Pruinus would surely agree.

But this day would be meant to end different than the others. High up in the sky, far from anybody and everyone, Gwen suddenly heard a voice. " There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..." It came out of nowhere and Gwen immediately looked around herself to find it's source. And judging from the sudden jolt in the dragon, he heard it too. But before she saw anything that might explain the odd occurance, the woman's vision began to blur. Her body felt heavy all of a sudden, slow, sluggish. Like she was losing control over it. She barely felt how suddenly, the dragon began to lose control in the air. Or how she slid off, not able to hold on anymore. Nor did she feel the air that she now fell through, rocketing towards the landscape like a rock dropped from a roof. Above herself, she saw the sun, the sky, a single cloud. They were moving away, getting further and further, as they got blurrier with each passing moment. Next to her, she heard Pruinus plummet with similar problems, weakly calling out her name. Was this the end? Had her time come? Gwendolyn was not scared. While her body felt like a sack of rocks, her spirit felt free. More than it had ever been. Embracing her fate, the dragon rider closed her eyes. Everything went dark, then suddenly, she saw a bright light.

She felt no impact. Did not hear her companion hit the ground with a heavy thud either. But she felt something. It was as though she was laying on the ground, a dirt floor, rough against her back. With her eyes still closed, her hand brushed against the surface beneath her. Dirt. Then, it slowly moved against her own leg, then her waist. She felt her sword at her hip. Then, it moved towards her face, feeling the cold metal of her mask. Everything was still where it was supposed to be.

The white haired knight opened her eyes, staring up into the sky. Slowly, she sat herself up, trying to take in her surroundings. But the only thing she saw was icy scales. Pruinus was laying here, almost in a circle around her. Her hand slowly moved to touch him, to which he jolted like a startled cat. His head shot around, before grimacing in what was most likely a headache. He saw who had touched him and relaxed, though immediately voicing the question she had as well. "What happened...?". His rider shook her head, she knew as much as he did. Now able to take in the area around her, she took back her earlier conclusion. Everything was not where it was supposed to be. "Pruinus... where the hell are we...?"

Duende
- Feline -
Moonwater

Duende was walking along the water banks of her planet, Moonwater. Her purple eyes looked across the water's clear, relaxing surface. It didn't even ripple. Nothing disturbed her nor the water. The metal strap was decently wrapped around her soft underbelly, just in case, if she would need it of course. "Up..." she murmured and a pair of huge, metal wings spread from her. She rose her haunches and forced herself up above the lake; wings flapping up against the wind. These wings made her look puny despite her power and authority. The wings were about the size of lions.

She was doing her usual flight patrol, making sure that there were no dragons on this side of the planet. Dragons were no good here.

All they caused was trouble for her and her friends. Duende's eyes were keen while she focused, her pupils shifting to zoom in, close to the ground, through the trees. As she flew gracefully, almost touching the ground to land, she heard a voice: "There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..." She was left bewildered, lightly flying in the air, overthinking again. That was until she found herself somewhere different. A bright light ate up her vision and swallowed her whole. She then meowed, "down." Her wings shut off and she felt terrified. Her sensitive, small ears flattened against her head tightly.

Duende thought this would never end, but it did after a few moments of unrecognized agony and confusion. She hit the ground. But... it was somewhere different, yet unknown. The black figure-cat lies on the dusty ground. Which was not like her home. She was used to sand and soft, fresh soil. Duende then had a mental debate again: should she open her eyes? Did she die? Is this heaven? What if she were surrounded by dragons?

Oh, God.

If that was the case, she might as well just stay put. She sniffed the air and lightly opened her eyes, not knowing what she was to endure.​

Last edited:
Matamalo was in the middle of the final battle of a war.

He stabbed his spear into an unknown foe, barely dodging the blade of another. He countered by conjuring a lightning bolt, and tossing it at the offending enemy.

He didn't like doing this kind of thing, but this country had been proving annoying, so he had to wipe them out. (Ok, maybe that sounds bad, but he swears he had a good reason for it) Then, he began to hear a voice. "Here is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..."

Matamalo paused, almost allowing an enemy to inflict a decent wound on him, before he felt a strange tug and began to feel weightless. It was not unlike the feeling of using a Yggdrasil tree to travel between the worlds linked to his own, however those each had their own unique, well, uniqueness, and this felt like none of them.

And
unbeknownst to his allies, Matamalo disappeared from the battlefield.

Where he reappeared, he did not know.

Zero could feel his flesh slowly knitting itself back together. It seemed like absorbing the healing factor of that King Slime was worth it after all. Around him lay the fading bodies of slain demons. Each of them hit with incredible power and withstood a lot of punishment. A lesser combatant would have been overwhelmed. Luckily Zero wasn't a lesser combatant by any means. In front of him was a demon dressed similarly to a jester, adorned in crimson regalia. The figure was missing a good chunk of its face and lacked an arm. Yet it stared at Zero with a delighted expression. Mephistopheles was a demon with few equals. Despite his relatively humble position as a crossroads demon. His powers rivaled of the Seven Demon Lords serving directly under Lucifer himself. Standing upright and gesturing at the wounded youth. Mephistopheles could only cackle as his body began began to disintegrate. Unlike Human Beings, demons would eventually reform down the line. "What fun! What fun! Here I was thinking I'd be over with this in time for tea... you not only beat me... but I'm DYING. Hoohoohoo... Lord Lucifer sure knows how to pick'em" said the demon with a wicked grin.

"I'm not here for your entertainment, Mephisto. Tell me where the Demon King is!" cried Zero as he gnashed his teeth in a rage. Mephistopheles had promised to tell the young devil hunter where his master resided if he was able to beat him. Now that their battle had concluded. Zero wanted his answers before the demon disappeared. Mepistopheles opened his mouth as if to speak the words that Zero had wanted to hear for so long. However Zero could feel his mind begin to fog up. Clutching his head as he desperately tried to fight through the feelings in his skull. His vision was nothing but white light as he felt himself fall. "There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..." murmured a voice from deep within his mind...

Hazel & Joy Jumpymuse
Tags:
First Rose First Rose Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

1610878315140-png.833565
Neverland was dying. This fact had been long, long ignored—rather purposefully in an act of denial—by Hazel and his tiny fairy companion. But as the once vibrant forest of teeming yellow and lush greenery dulled a crumbling gray, encroaching through the rest of the fantasy land like a swift plague, there was no way to avert their eyes this time. No matter how many times Hazel went to their small, empty village and sat in bed, opening and closing the door with fruitless wishes that it wasn't to be, the grayness never stopped. Not even the single illumination that was Joy Jumpymuse, the last fairy of Neverland, spat her usual snarky spiel.

The end of an eternity; who would have ever guessed?

Yet, the only exit out of the dying world still remained: a crack in the realm, blinding white. How Cedar and every other Lost Boy left years past and never returned through. Now, it stood as nothing more than a mockery to Hazel. She stared into it, having to squint; she felt it staring back, somehow. It was as though it spoke, mentioning how Cedar was certainly through the gate and into the world of reality. It practically begged her to go through, finally leaving Neverland to rot like it was now.

The crumbling edge came into peripheral vision. Standing before the portal, she stared up into the sky of nothingness, face swelling warm with tears. "Joy... I'm sorry..." she finally spoke. She could hear the fairy fluttering around her head, spewing several incoherent words. Hazel wasn't going through the portal; they both knew that. All that awaited them was the fate of Neverland itself. But through Joy's trembling ramblings, Hazel perked up at a different voice, stopping her cry to listen. By the look of it, Joy heard it, too.

There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck...

The rest of Neverland crumbled away.

But the two's minds did not.

---
1610878336275-png.833566
"Hazel! Hazel! The door! The door!"

Hazel grit her teeth at the panicked fairy fluttering over her shoulder. "Got it!" With a flick of the staff, more of the glowing fairy dust flew from Joy's proximity. Just as one plank gave way, the fairy dust formed a replacement. This certainly wasn't what Hazel had in mind for whatever would happen after Neverland's destruction: waking up in unknown lands, following a kind local, suffering an ambush from bizarre monsters of great corruption and anomaly, only to hole up in an abandoned stronghold and barely fending off the whole force. It was too much to form a singular, consistent train of thought about.

As the poundings of outside became louder, and each strike shook the stronghold further, Hazel looked up to the ceiling. One glance at Joy, and they knew what each other thought. If they could poke a hole upward, they could fly to escape most of the monsters. But as they remained in constant threat, it seemed more important to maintain the crude defenses.

Unbeknownst to Hazel, she wouldn't have been the only summon; if she had waited a little longer, she would have seen the several others pop in.

For now, all she could do was bite her tongue in deep thought, moving back and forth around the petrified fairy in the center.

VnJAmqi.jpg

Regina heavily panted. A lot of bruises and wounds could be seen across her body, but it's still fewer than the number of lifeless demons lying on the ground. With Salvatio, issues like this should never be her problem. However, even with her trusted sword currently giving out a bright golden light of its true form, the hero wasted no time healing herself or tending to her injured allies who were in no shape to continue fighting. Right now, there was a thing she need to do and she was the only one who could do it.

The large hall was filled with bright lights before the firm stone door was blown up. Regina took a deep breath and stepped into the throne room where her archenemy awaited. At that moment, she suddenly heard a voice

"There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..."

"What?"

Despite being fully prepared for an incoming ambush, that voice hardly had any hostility and seemed so out of place that it made her questioned its content. Heroes? As far as she was concerned there was no one else being called "hero" in this world. And what did it even mean by "sending you back"? Also—

Her thought was cut short by a strange sensation. The girl couldn't give a vivid explanation, but a few seconds after that was something she never experienced. After who knows long, Regina finally came to her sense and the first thing she found was her sword, which already assumed its usual dormant form and was lying peacefully on the ground next to her. While quickly attaching it to her waist, she looked around and discovered a drastic change in scenery along with the fact that her party members, all the demons they slain as well as her sworn enemy were nowhere to be found. She also noticed some unfamiliar faces nearby. Judging from the look on their faces, it seemed something strange, perhaps the exact same one as her, also happened to them.

So basically, for some unknown reason and by an unknown mean, she was... teleported here along with these people? Regina assessed her situation and concluded that the best course of action for now would be sitting still and observing those around her for more information.

(Edited nothing, just copied an image and color code and clicked Save instead of Cancel)

Last edited:
1642994410919.png

Aez stood atop the final ruin, the amulets clutched in each of his hands. He lifted them toward the sky as the winds started to change direction. All around him they swirled and picked up speed. Eventually, the pair of jewels lifted themselves into the sky, loosing the gleam they had. The shimmering colors that once held within them dulled as neon light spurted from them wave after wave. The ever changing lights pulsated causing the fighting to stop and the soldiers and warriors and mercenaries to look up at him, as if he were a flying over them. Beneath him where once there were sounds of fighting now they were clamoring trying to get to him. Both fae and human were seeking the amulets for different reasons. Some to eliminate the other side for a trivial reason. Others wanted to keep the amulets to strengthen their own power over their respective regions. Aez…he only wanted to weaken the barriers so that he could see the sides…or only one side and if only for a short while. He didn’t want to stay trapped in the same place for however long he lived.

There was a flash of light. Then he heard a voice.

"There is something I have to say to you heroes... Save this world, or die with it. The monsters will follow you, so there is no point in sending you back now... I hope you do your best. I wish you luck..."

Aez wasn’t sure what had happened. He couldn’t know whether his plan worked or not. He knew that one moment he was up on a tower, the amulets starting to sever the magic that kept the barriers in place. They were probably smashed on the stones, no telling what sort of havoc that would cause. He had so many questions. He'd no clue where he ended up or who was around. If he failed and this was some sort of cosmic punishment? If he instead of succeeding instead was displaced somewhere?

For some reason there was a sense of excitement in his core. A new thrill. Adventure in the purest form.

It seems the heroes have arrived… this chance must not be wasted.

One small group seems to have appeared before others, already running into trouble with some nearby monsters. They found themselves held up in a shack, fighting for their survival with a local of the new world they find themselves in. Hopefully they can make their way out with the local without dying first… or else their new story will end right at the beginning.

The other group arrived later. Hm.. I never intended for them to be separated. Did something go wrong with-….
They find themselves surrounded with dusty plains of a windy desert, jagged mountain tops surrounding them, enclosing them in like fish in a bowl. The bright two suns adorn the sky, setting everything in heat, the wind making it feel like hot whips against your skin. Lone shacks and torn buildings scatter the area, blurry figures and what looks like- dust devils are seen in the distance.

One building however, seems to be surrounded by these blurry figures. What could they be?

As the heat of the surroundings fought against the cold that emitted from the ice dragon, small droplets of water condensed on its scales, then immediatly vaporizing at the sudden change of temperature. It formed a fog, that was rather tough to see through, guarding the dragon and his rider from the eyes of their soon to be companions for the time being. Only the shadow of something large against the floor could be made out.

It only took seconds for Gwendoyln to understand that she was not alone with Pruinus. From within the fog, a voice could be heard speaking in a tongue that sounded too harsh, too primordial to be one invented by humans. "Pruinus... qe krathin ekess eligne.". Then, a draconic grumble could be heard, before the shadow in the fog rose up. From the movement, the smokescreen dissipated, leaving view to a massive dragon, with a figure standing atop it, a longsword drawn and in hand.

"Who are you? Why have you brought us to this place? State your name and your intentions!" The voice said, in a tone that was used to be in command very obviously. It was not arrogant, but it was firm and steadfast, as though no backtalk would be tolerated upon the matter. The figures cloak flew in the wind and their masked face made it impossible to tell what race or even gender they were.

"Pruinus... ready your defense."
Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed teluhtubby teluhtubby Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Severia Severia mysteryxio mysteryxio

Matamalo was confused.

One moment he was on a verdant field, slick with blood and rain, the next... well, he couldn't exactly see where he was due to a strange fog, but he could sense it was very different. Not to mention he was still in something of a combat mode, instincts ready to fight.

So, when the fog cleared and he was being shouted at by a person on top of a dragon, he was understandably pissed.

"You know, yelling at someone who is in the same situation as you isn't a good idea!" Matamalo shouted back, pointing his spear at them. "I don't know who those two are and I already hate them." he muttered.​

Duende
- Feline -
due.jpg

As she opened her bright, conspicuous purple orbs, she saw a fog that surrounded her small form. She felt like she wasn't really missing anything. She decided to check, just in case any of her weapons were missing. Duende felt her strap still there and the cold metal from her necklace was chilling against her skin beneath her black pelt.

But--- was that?

Yes, it was.

As soon as the strange fog disappeared, her fur prickled scarcely. A dragon. Oh, no.

She hissed a bit loudly, but mostly out of fear. She could feel the chills that ran coldly down her spine as her pupils shifted to skinny slits. First off, she had not the slightest idea of where she was. Second, her worst fear was here. Duende could somewhat pick up some confusion from them, that she also contained.

Then someone near her yelled back to them and muttered something that her highly sensitive ears heard faintly. Duende meowed then an echo of a voice came from her (her collar), "𝔥𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱." Duende confidently straightened her posture, very well hiding her fear of the dragon; though her fur was still bristling. "𝔏𝔢𝔱 𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔞𝔨 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞 𝔡𝔦𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔞𝔠𝔥," her voice lightly echoed after she meowed.​

Zero

Zero stood up and took in his surroundings. He seemed to have transported to some kind of desert. Likely this was some alternate dimension. The voice he heard before this transmigration was likely the reason he had been sent here. Although he really wanted answers as to why he'd been brought here. The fact of the matter was he wasn't alone. Numerous strangers also stood around him in this enclosed space. Not knowing who to trust. Zero decided to just begin making his way over to the figures in the distance. His feet sank deep into the sand with each step. Despite wearing a heavy set of clothes. He had long since acquired a resistance to heat from a Demon General. As he walked past rundown shacks and torn down buildings. Zero guessed that this world wasn't in any better shape than his own. With the hot desert winds blowing against his skin. Zero took note of the twin suns located in the heavens. He wondered if it was a natural thing or occurred as a result of whatever cataclysm affected this world. With the blurry figures becoming more defined as he got closer. Zero was beginning to surge with power as his expression became more and more demonic with each step taken...

Matamalo turned to see a cat, saying something about a different approach. But before he could ask what that different approach was, mental alarm bells started going off left right and center in Matamalo's head. As he turned to the source, he saw a humanoid figure approaching, who was flooding with demonic power.

Matamalo snarled, with many overlapping voices, "A̵̖͌͑ǹ̶̰̬̲̂̽̃a̶̭͖̐͗̐͜ṫ̷̞̼̾̚h̷̥̔̔̌̕ě̷̛̪̻͈̬̊́m̵̢̟͎̎̌͠a̴̙̲̎."

Matamalo dropped into a combat stance, his spear tip beginning to shine with starlight, as he waited for the demon to make the first move.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia teluhtubby teluhtubby The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Aez had to steady himself. The area was unlike any he'd seen before. His mind filled with questions. The suns above him meant that he was not on Aeon. He felt around him several different magical power levels that were varied as each beings around him. He seemed most surprised by the non human creatures speaking and unknowingly trembled at the dragon, having never seen one before. He kept an eye out on his surroundings, the realization of what being on his own without a safety net of any kind sunk in more and more. Was this what he was after? The one who stood before the group made him more nervous than any other.

Aez placed his hand on the ground but stopped himself from summoning. Unsure as to whether that magic was even still available to him...or any magic for that matter. He tried to calm his heart and slow his breathing. One thing he'd heard plenty of times from the adventurers was to never let who or whatever's in front of you know you're afraid. When he felt as though he'd hidden his fear as well as how unsteady he felt from the others magic he took a step forward, his hands half raised and opened to show no harm. He continued walking until he was in front of the figure before them. "Were you the one who summoned us?" This would either help or get him killed. "I can't speak for the others but I don't really know where we are only that this isn't my world." He tried to keep his tone even but sometimes felt his nerves show. "Please we don't have to fight each other." He swallowed hard as he waited for a response.

VnJAmqi.jpg

With the bright twin suns up in the sky, Regina had no choice but to accept that this was really not her world. Looking back at the multi-raced group, she found out that they were already at each other's throats. It couldn't be helped. As the girl kept observing and listening to their conversation, the idea that all of them just went through the same experience seemed to become more and more plausible. And if that was the case, then it's totally normal for anyone to feel unease and raise their guard. After all, a few minutes earlier Regina herself was still fighting her supposedly final battle alongside her precious companions, and now she ended up in this unfamiliar world alone. If anything, she had every right to be overwhelmed by fear, loneliness and uncertainty.

Except that's not what the hero Regina was made of.

Decided that thinking about her friends would only hinder and weaken her, the girl's mind was quick to ignore them and shift its focus to the problem at hand. From the look of it, each of them were abruptly summoned from their respective world and ended up in some desert enclosed by mountains. They hadn't fully understood their situation and yet no one was stepping up and explaining things to them, which mean "the one that summoned them" that these people were fighting over was less likely to be here. What's more, she hadn't seen any resident lifeform yet and who know how many of them were hostile? All the points lead to a conclusion that fighting among themselves here was not a good idea. And then... how to convince these guys?

Regina underwent intense courses and trainings by many experts in order to become a full-fleshed hero. As a result, her rational viewpoint and decision making were top-notched when it came to anything related to a fight or combat. That said, she never learned any mundane things such as communication skills, which was basically unnecessary when everyone and the world still moved around her. But now that she had no trusted party member who could speak her mind and act the way she want like before, it indeed became problematic. As she struggled with words, a male voice could be heard.

"Please we don't have to fight each other."

"Agreed. Let's talk first."

Regina spoke up without any delay. While she couldn't be more happy about such timely assist, her voice was even and barely showed any hint of emotion, but was still clear and loud enough to draw attention from the group in the distance. She didn't move an inch from where she first woke up. After all, if those hotheads were to do something to her or the man who talked before her, range would be the least of her concerns...

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof teluhtubby teluhtubby Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia mysteryxio mysteryxio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back