• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Carnival of Heroes (Freezing RP)

MocaPoka

Everyone shall be friends...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
dd7uf8m-0baa4ddb-d0cc-4911-82b4-ec6f5514b8e8.png
In the year 2032, Earth was invaded by inter-dimensional beings dubbed Nova. As mysterious as they are powerful, these strange beings wrecked havoc as they destroyed cities, industrialization centers, and power plants. For five years humanity was defenseless as they watched their cities turn to rubble and their loved ones turned to ash; conventional weaponry, useless against the Nova. Then the Pandora came. Genetically altered girls, given the power to fight the Nova through the tireless efforts of the world's most brilliant and desperate scientists.

In the year 2050, the Pandora are the protectors, heroes, and guardians of every nation, city, person and child on the recovering planet. Few in number are the Pandora, as not many are compatible with the invasive genetic modifications or the intense military training that these young women must endure to become the heroes that the world needs and demands. For those that do endure the years long process; special academies house, train, and deploy these young warriors against the deadly Nova. The Military Genetic Academies. At these massive schools located in America, Britain, Russia, and Japan; eighteen year old Pandora begin their "real" schooling, compete for the ever important rankings, and attempt to survive their first deadly missions against the Nova.

Freezing.full.531479.jpg

The Genetic Academies are also where the male counter parts to the Pandora are made, trained, and assigned their Pandora. The Limiters. Young men genetically altered with the biological materiel of a Pandora. The Limiters serve in a supporting role to the Pandora. They help regulate the Pandora's extraordinary powers, deploy shields, provide medical aid, and neutralize "Freezing Fields" ; allowing a Pandora to more easily fight the Nova. Ever important to the Pandora ranks; however, often underappreciated, treated as lesser, and in some cases even abused by their stronger partners.

1446305197-757abfbcc2a635a6e10fd9ba088d5211.jpeg

Pandora and Limiter. These young men and women are all that stand in the way from humanity's destruction by the ever invading Nova. Both begin their journeys, hardships, battles, and new lives here... at the Military Academies of Genetics.

Military-Academy-West-Japan-Genetics.png
Yello and thanks for reading! So here is an RP interest check for an anime/manga series that is probably consider old now. "Freezing"

I love the ideas from the original series (even if they weren't executed the best way) and believe there is a lot of really interesting concepts that could be explored in the "Freezing Universe." What would it be like for young girls to have the literal fate of the planet on their shoulders? How would the world's cultures and governments react and deal with these new superhuman warriors? What are all the different relationships and dramas that happen between Pandora and Limiter, Pandora and Pandora, Limiter and Limiter?

Anyway, I thought I would throw this out there for anyone interested. Its a lesser known series so... well see.

I have a lot more details on how the RP would run, world details, and all that yada yada. I will be making changes from the main series and adding elements that are more realistic to the world. The simple version of how I see this running though is this taking place at West Genetics. I'll need people to write for Pandora and Limiters. Ideally one character per person (Pandora or Limiter), and the writers/characters will scout out for partners (other writer's characters) in the beginning scenes of the story (I already have a written out plot for that.)

This story will be dealing with mature themes and most likely romance. So writers must be 18 years or older, advanced in their writing skills, mature and respectful. I will also ask for a writing sample before accepting anyone.

If anyone is interested or wants to know more details feel free to PM or just post here. Also I would suggest checking out the Freezing Wiki. Thank ya for your time.

OPEN

Attachments

• Freezing-Genetics-logo.jpg
    Freezing-Genetics-logo.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Oh... I'll also add that I'm fine with people writing for OC or Canon characters. I'm also fine with AU or crossover characters. So Rem from Rezero, Goku from DBZ, Orihime from Bleach, or Violet from Violet Evergarden; being in this setting. If you haven't watched the anime for Freezing or read the manga that's fine. A lot of the world will be changing anyway and very little of the original plot will remain.

Last edited:
Havent got around to watching the series but i am interested.
Also i think you mean DBZ not DMZ

PlusUltra PlusUltra I swear I respect DMZ.... I mean DBZ... its not just all yelling and power blasts!

Honestly you would only need to watch the first episode to understand most of the main plot points I'm pulling from. The entire first season will have everything and I'm not taking anything from the second season.

(inhales)
OH TRUEEEE COLORRRRRRRR

Goshdarnit. It's been a while. Gonna have to rewatch the series again.

All I remember was toilet paper clothes that rips everytime male MC sneezes. Oh and aliens, I think.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Freezing was one of the classic "clothes battle damage" anime lol. The opening song was no chill though. "~KEEP THE FAITH!"

Im trying to understand just what the Pandoras are from the Wiki as its a bit confusing.

PlusUltra PlusUltra yeah. It's a little convoluted. All that I will be taking from regarding the Padora and their origins will be in the first episode of the anime. But basically, genetically engineered Wonder Women that can summon extra dimensional weapons and armor.

Pandora (パンドラ) are genetically modified girls who undergo intense training at special military schools in order to become soldiers and learn how to fight the Nova, creatures from another dimension that are invading the Earth. A Pandora's strength originates from Stigmata, which are implanted into their backs, giving them superhuman speed and strength that is ten times that of an average person and allows them to use special Volt Weapons and Volt Textures that respond to their bodies.

Ok so no powers that differ from each? its all fighting style and the rest?
So no one controls plants, one fire, one has a weird power etc?

No extremely overt super powers. Every Pandora has enhanced speed and strength. Some more so than others. There are special or unique weapons and skills though. Some Pandora with high compatibility have summoned weapons that are basically floating lasers. Some can heal incredibly fast.

There are also "high end skills" that any Pandora can learn with enough practice. Making "clones" or accelerating to speeds faster than the speed of sound.

So say something like an Unarmed Fighter with shapechanging or something? I guess ill try and get around to watching this thing to get a better understanding when actually making a character

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Freezing was one of the classic "clothes battle damage" anime lol. The opening song was no chill though. "~KEEP THE FAITH!"

Indeed. The plot was tolerable at least. Miss me with that Ikki Tousen.
Anime OPs before 2012 hits differently than what we get nowadays. Maybe I'm just nostalgic. I'm on the road atm. So prolly just keeping tabs on this RP for the time being!

The basic core abilities are physical enhancement, a single type of weapon summoning, armor summoning, and dimension warping.
Tt.gif

tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
Aight, you got me interested in crossover characters--are we allowed to make as many changes to the character that's gonna crossover to be more in line with Freezing lore or are you ok with the character being the way they are?

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod You can make any changes you want to the character to make them fit into the Freezing Lore. I would try to keep their core personalty at the very least. You also don't need to make any changes at all to the character if they can fit into the Pandora or limiter role. Especially for characters in slice of life anime or military themed anime; the changes should be very minor. You can also pull weapons that they had in their original anime and turn them into their volt weapon in this plot.

So a good example would be Rem and her morning star from Rezero. Someone could take almost her entire character and not need to change much besides her being a human and in modern/slight futuristic setting.

Ok so Superhuman and Speed Feats i get. But could you expand on the Dimensional Warping? Also do any of these weapons have special properties beside being durable/sharp etc?

PlusUltra PlusUltra when it comes to some of the Pandora and Limiters abilities its related to them manipulating space & time and dimensions. So some Pandora can briefly make clones of themselves. They are "real" clones that are just from a different dimension that the Pandora can briefly cause to appear and interact with things in are dimension. The Limiters can can "Freeze" space with the same manipulations. Its never really explain well how in the anime or manga. But we could make it up as the Limiters are "stacking" several dozen dimensions on top of each other making it harder for things are people to move.

The weapons are also a result of dimensional manipulation. They are created using unknown matter from another dimension. The "Volt" matter is the only thing that can effect Nova.

Ok so pretty much like an average weapon but you can summon it and special material that's anti-monster, I can think of a few ways to use those other effects as well. Just gonna look for a stream of that first episodes.

I will only be writing for NPCs, events, and settings.

Unless someone really needs a Limiter or Pandora partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back