• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Carlisle Academy of Magical Arts

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Yeah, I mean look at us right now. A ballet prodigy who isn't in the proper school for fine arts. A scholarship awardee who can't pass simple math. Yourself who can't pass, so she cheats. We aren't the cream of the crop. It's like that one movie with that Bacon guy"

Jace shrugged before turning to Vanya. He tried to discretely point at the newcomer and gesture if she knew anything about him.

Vanya found the whole thing rather interesting. So many different people and none of them seemed particularly interested in keeping the peace, they just said what they were thinking and that fascinated her. She couldn't imagine revealing exactly what she thought about.

Jace, she internally thanked Piper for being there so he introduced himself again, was trying to communicate with her, which she thought was odd considering how hostile he'd been moments before, but she ran with it. She also put that losers comment to one side. She didn't know much about the newcomer personally, but she'd heard some of the boys who also played music talking about his temper. Although, she could've guessed that from the look on his face. Other than that, there were no major controversies that she knew of.

She turned around and glanced at the newcomer for just a second to see him staring off into the distance, "Hello," She called out, attempting to get his attention.

“Well i would love to look at how pathetic we look right now but.” Piper said sarcastically, gesturing to her eyesight. She huffed and listened as Vanya attempted to talk to the boy who had walked in moments ago.

Oliver's anger subsides as he thought of something else jumping from idea to idea and whatever will happen to him here. On that note, someone hollered at him. His icy blue eyes shift over to the owner of the voice greeting her. The girl in the center of her small band. Her expression similar to his almost stoic. All eyes focused on him. Clearly there is no one else sitting near him so he didn't bother to look around like some fool. Instead maintained eye contact with the black haired girl. Interacting is not one of his best qualities due to several reasons, one of them being an outcast, and solitude; yet promised his aunt to give it try. Oliver kept his blank stare on the posse acknowleding them.

Alright, she could handle silence. She couldn't tell whether he just wasn't a talkative person or if he was trying to play some silent game with her. The answer would come in how he responded, so she pushed for more, "I'm Vanya Blakely, that's Jace," She gestured to him and then Piper, "And that's Piper. And you are?"

There it is. The leader of the group talking for others, introducing them without their permission. Oliver didn't much care for popularity or have any complaint. He was used to the wandering eyes judging just as he is doing out of his own habit. His features did not shift to one of malice instead remained the same. As Vanya pointed out each character, he made sure to make mental notes for future references. Each one of them held something which kept them here. Possibly following the queen around or out of their own devices.

"Oliver." He replied, not wanting to give away his last name. A famous name to be exact no thanks to his aunt. He would give out an alias name but the truth is the tutor would provide everyone's names in due time. For now he wished to keep the conversation to a minimum and keep from talking about his aunt even if his last name were to be announced at least then they wouldn't bug him until after when he can dip.

Another less than satisfactory response, but it was nothing Vanya couldn't deal with. She just needed time. She could respect keeping information to a minimum, it was a tactic she was fond of herself, but it didn't make for very good conversation. She stopped herself. Since when did she care about the conversation? This was a purely strategic move in order to make her time here easier, a good opportunity to spread her wings as a socialite as her parents always wanted. Information was key and she'd have to wait to get it.

She smiled politely at him, "It's a pleasure. Why are you here?"

Last edited:
Piper waved in the direction of the loner boy as she was introduced. She could sense the tention around him and found it a little unnerving. Probably the one thing that unnerved her out of everything going on. Honestly she was hoping to get sent home... maybe if she didnt do the homework assigned or clean...whatever it was they were going to clean it would tick the teacher off enough to expel her...

As her mind realed with the different ways she could make their instructor miserable, she didnt realize how quiet it had gotten.

The clock struck 8 and the door to the classroom opened. Vanya wondered if there was another student joining the little group, but instead, it was a face she didn't want to see for a long time. Mrs. Warwick, the English teacher, walked into the room. She held her head high like a peacock that didn’t have feathers to show off, her hair tied in a neat bun and wearing a thick wool pencil skirt suit that was definitely too hot for spring.

Vanya used to actually concentrate in English, but then the previous teacher retired and the Devil herself took the position. For some reason she couldn’t fathom, she was on the receiving end of Mrs. Warwick’s endless anger and it probably didn’t help that she started ditching that class a week into the semester. She’d never had a teacher be so openly hostile to her, annoyed, yes, but never confrontational.

After that, Vanya had done her absolute best to avoid everything with her name attached to it. It was just typical she’d be in charge of the only thing Vanya wasn’t able to ditch. Dealing with her was like dealing with a two-headed snake, one of the heads was poisonous and the other head was harmless but only the students got to see the poisonous one. Vanya had only tried once to explain why she refused to take English class and she was shut down immediately. She didn’t try again.

Mrs. Warwick pushed her glasses up her pointed nose, “Listen up, you’re in this class because you’re all failures. The only reason I’m here is because nobody else wants to deal with you. I don’t want to waste my time on people who don’t deserve to be here either, but the headmaster thought I might be able to whip you into shape and I want a promotion.

Now, Princess Vanya,” She sneered, “There’s no running away anymore. We’re stuck with each other and I’m not going to go easy on you.” She looked at Piper, “You’re not getting away with anything anymore in my class. And you,” She gave Jace a condescending smile, “Can just quit now because you’re not getting any further in life period.” Lastly, she looked at Oliver, “As for you, you’re not cut out for this kind of life so don’t bother. I’m not answering questions and don’t even think about going to the headmaster, you all know he’ll believe me over you any day.” She stood with her hands on the desk, glaring at the children with a smirk, no doubt planning all the things she could do to make their lives a living hell and there was nothing they could do about it.

Ah yes Mrs. Warwick, the only teacher to actively search his room for contraband. The one who would go through mountains of paperwork to get him kicked out. Also the lady he was failing miserably.

"Dope well Mrs. Wardick." Standing up and slinging his bag onto his back Jace started to make his way out the door. The headmaster said he would get the boot only after midterms. Jace figured that was enough time to sell the usual stuff and make a nest egg before he headed home. He might as well start now. "I'll be gone after midterms."

He didn't mind the Ballet Queen. She was more down to earth than what he was originally told. He was expecting hell fire and brimstone, but they were able to find an understanding.

The Art Prodigy was different. Ever since she came in he swore he heard a click but figured it wasn't worth thinking about. He did appreciate that she cheated in class. It was a bold move that Jace found respectable.

The New Comer was quiet. Didn't speak much, Jace could see in another life the two of them dealing in contraband with one another.

Either way, Jace was going to try his best and dodge this punishment. Major Kelly was fine. Mrs. Wears shit was wayyy too much trouble. His mind made up Jace made his way out the door to his battle tactics class.

Oliver turned away after the conversation. Someone else was approaching. On cue, the door swings open as an angry looking teacher walks in. Her presence itself gave him a bad vibe and her characteristics reminds him of some sort of cartoon character. Mrs. Warwick is the name introduced. Her glare meanacing ready to call out on everyone in the room with her sharp tongue. His suspicions are confirmed as she spoke judgingeach face insulting them.

Her last target being Oliver. Her words seethed like venom offending him. He held intellectual, just hit an object along the way which triggers him to kewp him from his studies. She knew nothing of him giving him the opportunity to snap back when she said the headmaster would not believe any of them.

"Is that because you have him wrapped around your finger while you go down on him? If that's the case then you'll have no problem with getting your promotion which will remove that stick up your butt." He retorts.

Last edited:
Piper let out a snicker at Oliver’s comment. She didn’t like this teacher any more than the rest of them, but she didn’t remember having her as a teacher so she didn’t have as much of a history with her. However, her comment made the blind girl grit her teeth. So this was how it was going to be then.. she figured as much. Well, maybe not this intense, but close to it anyways.

Vanya said nothing. She didn’t have to. It was amusing to hear the teacher she hated being insulted, but it was bittersweet because she was right, the headmaster would take her side no matter what. As much as he cared about his students, the unwavering trust he had in his staff triumphed over that every time. Even when it was proven that a teacher did something to a student, the teacher was given a slap on the wrist and told to apologize to the student and that was it.

Mrs Warwick bristled at Oliver’s comment, “Shut your mouth you piece of garbage. Who do you think you are talking to me like that? You’re worth less than a piece of dirt on the bottom of my shoe and we’ll see who will be laughing when I get you expelled.”

Vanya commended Oliver for his creative insult but worried that further provocation would lead him to do something he would regret. Perhaps he wouldn’t regret hurting the She-Devil, but it would definitely lose him a place at the school and, knowing that half the student body wrote home about every little piece of gossip, possibly a good job in the future as well.

Oliver yawned unfazed by her insults. He could go all day taunting the teacher becoming an endless fight until met with the headmaster. He decided to hold his tongue finding it rather amusing to have her bark threats with no actual come back. He's heard plenty and would gladly silence them with a knife to the throat or simply cut off their tongue. Of course such ideas are off the table as his pormise keeps him where he is now.

A brow is raised at the mention of being expelled. "Expelled? I thought this was a support group? Isn't your job to teach? If you're so great you feel you deserve a promotion, shouldn't you be helping rather than tossing us aside? Isn't that what a good teacher does? So teach...start teaching instead of arguing with prick like me."

Jace thanked the newcomer for creating a ruckus with the teacher. Bag slung over his shoulder. Jace crept closer and closer to the door. He smiled when he reached the door and pulled it open.

There was no way in hell he was going to stay in this hell hole with the teacher with a fetish for punishing kids.

“Don’t talk back to me. I don’t have time for drop-outs like you anyway,” She spat, then noticed Jace at the door, “Don’t even think about it. If you take one more step I’ll march you right up to the headmaster and you can explain to him why you aren’t co-operating.”

She strode over and slammed the door shut so hard it sent a gust of wind through the room.

“You want me to teach you something?” She said, a sharp smile on her face, “How about I teach you a little lesson about hard work. As punishment for talking back, all of you have to garden the entire estate. Do you know how large it is? And if you don’t get it done within today, you can stay up all night and finish it. Now, that’s a lesson worth learning.” She slammed her hands on the desk.

Aaaaannnnnndddddd now Jace hated the newcomer. Jace smiled and stared at the teacher. If he left he would probably get called into the headmaster's office later especially if he went to class. Then again, Jace's mind went back to his breakfast and the man who made it. He owed Major Kelly this much. Still smiling ear to ear, Jace walked back to his original seat and plopped down.

He could feel the lactic acid from "helping" Major Kelly move his favorite pet rock "Phillip". Now he had to get on his hands and knees to trim a garden. Jace looked at his compatriots and groaned again. The hardest work they had to do were probably specialized jobs. The type of jobs that require little physical labor like this.

He still had some left over adderall. If he took one he figured he'd have the energy to pick up the slack. With all of that in mind, Jace raised his hands in defeat.

Oliver didn't mind a bit of labor. It was a better option than taking tests and learning what 'X' equals? The other students are probably angry at the brute for talking back, which is another strategy he went for? It's exactly what he wanted to keep the trio away from him and avoid talking. One way or another they would figure out how awkward he really is? Oliver shrugs Mrs. Warwick's next threat as if he were going to give her the satisfaction of pleading to make a change.

So the next step is yard work rather than actually learning. He'd be lying if he felt like second guessing himself. He had forgotten Spring's arrival meaning the outside must be humid or at least warm. Lucky for him, that wasn't enough to drain him of his personal air conditioning powers though they might not last long while working out.

Last edited:
Vanya wasn’t exactly a physical person. She could dance for four hours straight, but couldn’t lift heavy things to save her life. Unless she was lifting them with her toes, in which case she could lift something around her body weight. This punishment worried her greatly, not only because she hated laborious work, but also because she doubted she could actually help the group and would just end up slowing them down.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She stated in a completely calm voice. Mrs. Warwick focussed her glare onto her but she continued, “If it indeed takes us all day, it would be above the maximum hours a child is allowed to work, therefore it would be illegal.”

Mrs. Warwick ground her jaw, “Well, it’s a good thing you all volunteered, isn’t it?”

So much for that idea. Vanya had ballet class for six hours every single day and violin and piano practice for an hour each, not to mention four or so hours of weapons practice, she didn’t have time to waste trimming grass all day. She refused to complain though. It would probably make Mrs. Warwick extend the punishment for a good few days just to annoy her.

“Shall we take a trip outside?” A malevolent grin spread across her face, “You can start at the back end of campus and work your way up.”

Last edited:
A wide grin spread across Piper’s face despite the constant berating of the old hag. Standing up carefully, she placed her hands on her hips and announced to everyone quite loudly,

“Alright then! Let’s go get this thing done,” she said in the most cheerful voice she could muster to hide her growing hatred for this woman. Piper turned her foggy gaze in the direction of their teacher and said a bit icily, “lead the way lady. We dont have all day. Or would you like to let a blind person lead? Im probably more capable anyways...” she muttered that last part to herself.

There was nothing left to do except to get the class started. He wanted to get it all over with. Casually the boy stood up without a fuss pushing his chair in, grabbing his book bag tossing it over his shoulder awaiting the next step. It took Oliver awhile to realize Piper is blind. He walked in without truly observing the group mostly taking in their features. It was curious how a blind girl managed to enroll in such a school. Perhaps the same way his aunt forced him to. Her announcement said it all. He scoffed over her witty remark. A sneaky one at that. Hopefully the wicked teacher would not dare add any more difficult chores than they already have. He would have to agree he would much rather have Piper lead the group just to move forward. Oliver leans against the wall waiting.

Jace wished he had some super power to revive. He wanted to go out in the heat, die from dehydration or something stupid. Watch the teacher get arrested for negligence of her duty, Jace would then come back alive and give her the bird and watch her go to jail. Unfortunately, Jace settled for standing up pushing his chair in and walking out the door. He waited outside the classroom but casually reached into his bag. He felt the familiar pill and casually popped it in his mouth when he bad sure no one was looking.

Closing his eyes, Jace manipulated the pill inside his body to go ahead and deteriorate to the wanted chemical strain it needed to be and allowed the chemicals to immediately move into his brain. Jace immediately felt his focus narrow to a precise beam, his mouth went dry and everything around him was sensitive. He was going to do this work. He was going to at least do it high and with an "enhancer" to help him get the work done without feeling like it was work. he really didn't want to deal with this especially since he wasn't going to get paid and was going to get marked as absent. The other richer kids would probably have the work as their only punishment. He already expected to get hit with the book and then some.

With a sigh, Jace reached back into his bag and chugged a water and redistributed the valuable H2O throughout his body. This was going to be one of those days he would look back at and cringe.

Vanya’s heart beat so loud she was worried the others could hear it. She didn’t know why such a trivial situation made her so nervous. Maybe it was because she wasn’t sure how she would help the group in any way, or because Mrs. Warwick was there or because whether she stayed in school or not hinged on her completing something she wasn’t good at under the supervision of a teacher who hated her. It was probably the last one.

For every couple of heartbeats, she told herself it was nothing to worry about. What was the worst that could happen? So she makes a small mistake, where’s the harm there? Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has things they’re not good at. It’ll be fine. It calmed her mind down but her stomach was still doing anxious flips. She couldn’t let it show though, she had to stay perfectly calm or someone would think something was wrong.

Besides, she could always pretend to sprain her ankle or play up her nobility and act as if she didn’t know how to do anything so the others would do it for her. It was better not to do it at all than to do it badly. One thing she learned from experience is that people are a lot less harsh on you if you refuse to do something than attempt and make a mess of it, especially if they told you how to do it beforehand. However, that would mean she wouldn’t participate at all, which would make the other mad at her and that derails the whole point. It was such a contradiction.

True to her word, Mrs. Warwick walked them across the school grounds to the hut where the on-site gardener kept his tools. She laid them out in front of them and told them to figure it out on their own and she’d be back to check on them before dinner at 6pm. That left Vanya around nine to ten hours to make a mistake. That was a very long amount of time.

She also had to wonder how exactly this would help them improve their grades when it forced them to skip class.

Oliver was thankful for the silence of Mrs. Warwick. Glad they were on the same page to get going. He allowed the girls to go first before striding with the rest of the group. On the way to school's shed, he pondered about his classmates. The walking stick, from Piper, Jace's quirkiness was the oddest out of the bunch and then there was the so called, "queen", Vanya. A rare sort of girl compared to the others. Out of everyone in the school, she seemed indifferent than the rest. She took the first initiation to speak to him. In those mere seconds of two or three exchanged words, her tone was anything but snooty. Then there was Piper, the peppy type of girl. Blind as a bat yet no sound of misery in her voice. She acted like a regular person regardless of her sight. Not that he judged, he just never observed a blind person before assuming they too were somewhat repressed. Jace is still a mystery not having the slightest clue about him nor the three except that he wanted to leave the classroom without a fight leaving Oliver to deduce the lad did not want to be in the school. That or he held an ace up his sleeve. He was more like a dog obeying everyone in some sense. He was going to leave until the wicked witch said, "no" seating himself down.

In conclusion, he's placed in a group with a blind puppy, the rich queen, and a dog. 'Great,The perfect Breakfast Club.' He thought. How would he even improve when the teacher herself sought out to terminate him? She even gave them a ridiculous job out of the school's category. Surely there was another way. The last thing he wants is disappointment.

Upon entrance, the shed seemed too small to hold tools, on the inside however held plenty decieving the eye even large enough for people to fit in. Mrs.Warwick took the liberty to lay out the tools for them to choose amongst themselves a chore then leave them to their work. How aggrivating it is when he's not exactly given the specifics of what he should do. Everyone simply stood around staring at the tools debating. Oliver took the first choice of stepping forward looking over every tool. His hand looming over each one until he found a familiar one which peeked his interest. Double sheers to trim away hedges. He wouldn't mind mowing the lawn either as long as he got to work with something. He twirls the pair like weapons then giving it 'snip, snip' check if it's hard to squeeze or not. He notices the glances of his peers finding it embarassing that he approved the sheers like a pair of weapons. "Habit." He mumbled taking off to a random hedge to start with. He may not be artistic, but he could start somewhere.

Last edited:
The click click clicking of Piper’s tongue was really the only thing to be heard aside from everyone’s footfalls on the floor of the school. As they made their way outside, Piper couldnt help but wonder about her classmates. She had barely gotten to know them. The most she had talked was to Vanya, who seemed the most likely to talk out of everyone.

She seemed like a real leader. Of course, Piper wasnt one to give roles out to those around her, finding it best to just let people be people. It was simpler that way. Honestly she really liked Vanya. She was nothing like what she had heard from some of her friends. Not that she believed any of them anyways...

Once outside, Piper realized it wasnt much better than inside. In fact it was much hotter. She had always hated the heat.. finally, as the teacher left them to their own devises, the brunette stood with her classmates in a small shed with a whole bunch of tools. Instead of picking one up however, she took a deep breath and vanished.

Well, not completely. Shifting the light waves was something Piper had always been able to do, although she hadnt used her power for a couple of days.

“She cant get me in trouble if she cant even see me right? I could just walk out of here and get back home in no time without having to go through the trouble of talking with the headmaster!” She exclaimed to the others as she walked to the doorway of the shed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back