• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Carapace Crush

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys! I was playing Hollow Knight and thought it would be very cool to do a sort of Redwall but with insects thing on this site. I figured everyone could describe their unique insectoid player character and we'd just do a slice of life thing. But an insects life is one of struggle and survival so it would also be cool that way. I'd have fun throwing enemies and special events at you guys while you interacted with each other and did Bugs life things. I think it would be interesting at least, let's give it a shot.

How exactly would the tactics of the insects work? Would it basically be like the Skaven? Where they just throw a bunch of disposable assholes at a problem until they can't see it anymore?

Edit: Also, would these be regular insects, or human sized insects?

How exactly would the tactics of the insects work? Would it basically be like the Skaven? Where they just throw a bunch of disposable assholes at a problem until they can't see it anymore?

Edit: Also, would these be regular insects, or human sized insects?
These are regular insects in an insect world. I might add other creatures like birds, bats, frogs, and other small critters which eat bugs but these would be something like mini boss monsters. I should also specify that none of you guys are going to be playing as Eusocial Insects that live in a hive, but you'll possibly face off against some.

These are regular insects in an insect world. I might add other creatures like birds, bats, frogs, and other small critters which eat bugs but these would be something like mini boss monsters. I should also specify that none of you guys are going to be playing as Eusocial Insects that live in a hive, but you'll possibly face off against some.
Alright, I see. So I'm guessing something like bees, then, or like wasps

Alright, I see. So I'm guessing something like bees, then, or like wasps
No, most Bees and Wasps live in a Hive and have Queens, that means they're Eusocial insects. You'll be playing Bugs that don't do that. Like Beetles, Flies, Spiders, Centipedes, and Mantises.

Eh. I think I'd rather like spider
That's cool too. I do want to specify to everyone that I'm not limiting this to just specifically insects but it's open to all sorts of creepy crawly Bug things. Final decision on what constitutes a Bug is down to me, but everyone will be encouraged to play different kinds so we have a Redwall feel. Even though Mice, Moles, Badgers, and Bunnies don't live in the same Red Walled Abbey they do in Redwall and so we're going to do something like that, makes it cooler that way. Do you have any ideas for setting so we can get that kind of feel where everyone either lives together or in close proximity?

That's cool too. I do want to specify to everyone that I'm not limiting this to just specifically insects but it's open to all sorts of creepy crawly Bug things. Final decision on what constitutes a Bug is down to me, but everyone will be encouraged to play different kinds so we have a Redwall feel. Even though Mice, Moles, Badgers, and Bunnies don't live in the same Red Walled Abbey they do in Redwall and so we're going to do something like that, makes it cooler that way. Do you have any ideas for setting so we can get that kind of feel where everyone either lives together or in close proximity?
Hmm- Lemme see- Perhaps in a forest? After all, that's where you most often encounter these guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back