Video Games Can't remember the title of a game I played years ago.

Jaeger010

Big Ass Trees
YEARS AGO, we're talking like..2006/2007, there was this..'dungeon crawler' game I used to play on the family's computer at the time. I remember it was already on the computer and I don't think anyone actually downloaded it, so it must have come with the games file on windows? It was an isometric view, and other than running around and killing monsters in dark dungeons I have no other memories of it and I can't remember the title. It was like a medieval type setting, too.

The only things I have to go on is that it was on my PC when I was around 5 or 6 in 2006/7, and that it was an isometric medieval dungeon crawler. I also remember the graphics being good, but then again I used to think my PS2 was incredible but when I plugged it in yesterday it's like trying to play through ten pixels. Can anyone maybe remember this game from that time?

Maybe at least if you were the only character playing, or did you have a team? There are dozens of games fitting the criteria, is there anything at all you can remember to narrow it down? Even something as minor as the interface colour, or how the compass/mini-map looked.

it was just me, I don't think it was a multiplayer game. I can remember the interface being complicated and detailed, although I don't think there was a map of any kind since I distinctly remember getting lost in one of the dungeons with no way out.

Could it have been an earlier Elder Scrolls game? Because it sounds like Daggerfall might meet some of those requirements. Here are some of the titles that appear when you search "isometric video game graphics" on Google too. Maybe it is one of those?

125740-dungeon-siege-ii-windows-screenshot-spellbook-note-the-autocast.jpg
Only because it fits the description. It has followers and maps.
Dungeon_Siege_II_Screen_-_0012.jpg

Prestige_Classes_7_of_9.jpg
DnD-based game. Don't remember much about it.
Troll_PC.jpg

18544-arcanum-of-steamworks-magick-obscura-windows-screenshot-trading.jpg
It allowed for one follower, but it wasn't very obvious. Also it had a map, but only hidden in a menu, and not very well-made, so often useless.
It had a mix of Victorian tech and magic-filled fantasy, with numerous races to choose from, but no customisation beyond character portrait.
858287283.jpg

a11277ff86deecc06d0430acbe4506.jpg
Honestly cannot remember much about it, but I think it had a party to gather. Still, isometric + good graphics = Bladur's Gate.
hqdefault.jpg

V4C0MOg.png
You start alone in NwN1, but can pay to hire one follower. NwN2 lets you start with a party. Both have minimaps tho.
ss_c736f10e04b1d74e02fcb62f86a3ab84b09c3bb2.1920x1080_1522333657.jpg

590db285ae653a7ca86aae69.jpeg
Another classic. I cannot remember any maps, but I do remember a possibility to have a team, though.
diablo-2-inventory-1urnswd.jpg

f192839f39c4b374a68c899c05bfb7.jpg
I remember not playing more than ten minutes, so I'venothing to say.
ss_d03adbcc3ea6789187a2fc5102bbc2370985f607.1920x1080.jpg

67327-sacred-windows-screenshot-inventory-and-stats-trade-and-level.jpg
Cannot remember neither maps nor followers here.
0000003575.1920x1080.jpg

sacred2_2018-02-28_00-51-07-54.thumb.png.937a84bf8150fe97957bff57cabba6b8.png
I cannot remember if it's a part two of the previous game, so here's a separate entry.
sacreduw_4.jpg

No, it definitely wasn't Daggerfall. Daggerfall was first person and I don't think an elder scrolls game would have come with a windows built-in games file for free.
Oh, oops. I somehow missed that part when reading the OP. If it came installed on PCs, then I think I might have a vague recollection of it as well.

From looking at those pictures none of them look familiar, but I remember that it was more detailed graphics than Arcanum but way less 3D than Neverwinter nights.

(Better mention or quote people, so they get notifications)

From looking at those pictures none of them look familiar, but I remember that it was more detailed graphics than Arcanum but way less 3D than Neverwinter nights.
Arcanum is the 3Dest game I ever seen as the matter of fact.
But if it looks like Arcanum... hmm... I remember a game with similar anesthetics, but cannot put my finger on it... in the meantime, how about Nox?
eef3f30d-8c02-e211-a494-0025902c7e73_2_full.jpg
10932-nox-windows-screenshot-nox-quest-these-items-could-not-be-found.jpg

Also, do you mean it was a sptite game?

(Better mention or quote people, so they get notifications)

Arcanum is the 3Dest game I ever seen as the matter of fact.
But if it looks like Arcanum... hmm... I remember a game with similar anesthetics, but cannot put my finger on it... in the meantime, how about Nox?
View attachment 562602
View attachment 562604

Also, do you mean it was a sptite game?

Nah it was way different to that one too. My memory may be faulty considering that this was more than a decade ago by now. Also, I don't know what 'sptite' means.

Sprite is basically a pixel graphic. images instead models. Did it look like Warcraft 2 or Warcraft 3?
hqdefault (1).jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Also, blind shot, but maybe one of the Bard's Tale series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back