• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Can't Invite Someone to Conversation?

Gevvems

Hello! I've recently had a problem when trying to invite someone to a conversation, where every time I do it shows a crossed out line through their name and says they've left the conversation even though they never joined. I'm not sure what this means exactly but it's stopping me from being able to contact them, is it because they have me on ignore or something? That's the only reason I can think of but I find it odd because we had been talking just fine a day ago. This is really confusing and stressing me out so if you have any idea what it is please let me know! Thank you.

The only situation I can think of where that happens would be if someone's ignoring you, yeah... That's pretty weird. Unless there's some obscure option I don't know about, I have no idea O.o

Hello Gevvems,

You may consider adding different (and willing) participants to a test conversation to see if the feature works properly for you. The other person might have set some privacy settings on their account where other people might not be able to start or add them to PMs. 🙂

Hello Gevvems,

You may consider adding different (and willing) participants to a test conversation to see if the feature works properly for you. The other person might have set some privacy settings on their account where other people might not be able to start or add them to PMs. 🙂
I did not know that was a thing. Guess I need to brush up on account options then XD

Hello Gevvems,

I see! Thank you! If someone has these settings on does that mean contacting them is now possible unless they come to me?

I see! Thank you! If someone has these settings on does that mean contacting them is now possible unless they come to me?
yes, pretty much. You can tag them in a post or ask on their profile.

There is also a setting on the PM itself like " Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" and when it's set to off and you're not the starter of the PM it can also be the reason why you can't invite someone. In that case ask the PM starter to try doing so.

yes, pretty much. You can tag them in a post or ask on their profile.

There is also a setting on the PM itself like " Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" and when it's set to off and you're not the starter of the PM it can also be the reason why you can't invite someone. In that case ask the PM starter to try doing so.
Thank you this was helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back