• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Can't Fight What's Right

Jordan gave a small nod and smiled at Hector "She is right, I gotta make sure the horses are alright. I'll see you tomorrow though alright?" He said happily before leaving the two of them

Max heard him and frowned turning off the water and stepping out. She sighed heavily before opening the door and getting the towels wrapping one in her hair and the other around herself. She turned to look at him, her eyes lifeless for the time being "I'm not hungry." She said softly

She watched him go before turning to face her Dad again and just spent a good few hours with him, finishing the afternoon getting him under a blanket in his recliner chair, sitting on the arm of it and hugging him tight "Dad..... Did you ever regret marrying mom? Like.... Did you ever think you'd chosen the wrong woman?" She asked him quietly.

Jon just nodded "I won't make you eat tonight... Pantry is full if you want anything though." He told her "Can you think of anyone at all that would want him dead? Aside from us. I swear to you, I called off every hit when you asked me to." He muttered, not liking to admit to her still having a hold on him but at the same time, he'd rather her know that than think he'd done this to the man she loved

Hector smiled some as he sat with Carmen and shook his head a bit "Never....she is the woman who brought the two best things in my life to me. She left but I would never change anything." He said softly to her "The world is a strange place Carmen, and it gave me your mother and took her from me too. Its just how things work."

Max shook some and sat down whimpering before she burst into tears "No! He was a good man! Loving and kind! We were supposed to be going home and starting a family!" She sobbed holding her knees close to her chest

Jon just nodded and sat next to her, pulling her in tight to him and rocking her gently, "Shh, shh it's alright... it's alright... I can't bring him back but I can find out what happened to him and tear the fuckers apart piece by piece for you." He promised her

She frowned and just nodded, holding onto him tightly "Do you think Sam is alive out there?" She asked him, starting to cry silentky

Max whimpered quietly and curled into him some just needing some kind of comfort. She would have never thought in a million years that she would be seeing him again or even in his arms.

Hector frowned more and gave a heavy sigh "I think my son died a long time ago....his body may be out there living in some way, but I know he is not the same young man I raised." He said quietly before letting a few tears fall

She frowned and shook her head "I don't want you to get so bad you don't know who we are before I can find him and let you see him. Just so you know he's safe. Or know anything at all." She whimpered, shaking a little "Dad I think I fucked up." She sobbed into his shoulder, not knowing or caring whether he could fully comprehend what she was talking about right now, just needing to get it off her chest. She was so engulfed in her worries about everything she hadn't noticed jordan come back in the house to grab the jacket he'd left on the kitchen table, "I think I married the wrong person." She continued to cry.

He rocked her gently just to soothe her, ready to leave her on her own the moment she asked him to but as he held her he found himself never wanting to let go, just like he had felt all those years ago and right now he would do anything in this world to help her feel better. To stop her crying and comfort her.

Jordan frowned as he came in and frowned as he heard Carmen crying. He took in a sharp breath heaaring what she said and shook his head some before he left quietly

Hector frowned some pulling his daughter into his arms "Huh? What do you mean?" He asked softly kissing the top of her head.

Max soon passed out against him from crying so much. She was just tired now and hoped that sleep would get her through it all. She screamed though as she woke up clutching her chest a few hours later looking around not seeing Jon around at all.

She shook her head "I don't think I should have married Pedro." She mumbled, shaking a little, "I love him, really I do but... Jordan finally fessed up his feelings and I..... I wish he'd done so years ago cause I would have chosen him.... But I don't want to hurt Pedge. I din't know what to do." She whimpered.

Jon jumped up a little and rushed upstairs, going into the guest room and sighed in relief seeing she was alright, "Shit.... You scared me.... you need anything?" He asked her quietly. "Your suitcase is in here now with your clothes. I didn't wanna get you changed. I thoguht you'd probably hit me if I did that while you were passed out."

Max gave a nod and sighed heavily "Yeah I probably would have." She mumbled giving a heavy sigh "I can't sleep....I just....all I see is him." She whispered letting a few tears fall before taking a deep breath "How the fuck did my life turn like this?"

Hector frowned more but couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped his lips "So much like your mother you are.....you know thats why she left right? She found another man, one that gave her happieness I couldn't. I'm not saying you should do the same. But you are with Pedro, this is your first test in marriage. Jordan is an old flame that could easily die out, I'm sure once you've been here longer things will fall into place with Pedro."

She just smiled a little and stayed close to him. “I love you dad… you make sure you go up to bed for sleep tonight. This recliner isn’t doing your back any good at all.” She told him, kissing his cheek and got up. “I better get home. I got some work to do.” She smiled and said goodbye, leaving him to it once he was settled, getting in to find Pedro on the couch.

He frowned and shook his head, “I don’t know…. I’m gonna head up to bed. Can I get you anything before I do?” He asked her gently.

Max shook her head some and sighed heavily "No...I'll be fine." She said quietly watching him some "Why did you do it? Why did you push me away?"

Pedro looked over when she came in and gave a small nod "Hey beautiful. How is your dad?" He asked softly as he muted the TV hoping it was a good day for him

She shrugged a little "In and out today.... wasn't the worst." She mumbled, going over and curling up next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "You happy?" She asked him quietly, looking at all the papers on the coffee table he'd been marking.

Jon frowned and sighed heavily "Cause I was scared... Cause I felt so guilty and I couldn't bare to look at you. No matter how much you deny it, we both know that it was my fault he died! And I never wanted the same thing to happen to you.” He told her honestly. “My world stopped when tony came in and told me there’d been an attempted hit.” He muttered.

Max let a few tears fall and gave a small nod as she listened to him. She took a shaky breath before wiping her eyes quickly "Right..." she murmured before giving a heavy sigh "Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to us if I had stayed.."

Pedro held her close and smiled softly "Thats good." He murmured kissing the top of her head "Of course I am, why would you ask? Do I not seem happy?"

He frowned. “We’d be miserable. And you would have left me after another couple years anyway.” He muttered. “I was not a good person after that… im glad you didn’t see it.” He muttered.

She shook her head and sighed. “I’m just asking babe. Sometimes I feel like I stole you from the city.” She mumbled.

Max nodded some and sighed heavily "You're probably right....well goodnight I guess." She said quietly before she moved to lay back down trying to get some kind of sleep.

Pedro chuckled some and gave a smile "Nah this life is good for me, I've got you, thats what matters." He said softly before giving her a gentle kiss.

She nodded and smiled, kissing him back as she kept her arms around him. “Good. I love you.” She murmured truthfully. She still loved Pedro. Her predicament was that she loved him and Jordan just the same. But only one was her husband.

he just nodded and headed back to his room, falling asleep as soon as possible.

Pedro gave a small smile and nodded some "I love you too beautiful. What do you want for dinner?" He asked starting to get a little concerned about her. She was acting off and it was obvious to him.

Max woke up early the next morning and walked downstairs quietly. She went to find the kitchen and also just look around. She was still in shock over everything, but she needed to know also where she was staying

She shrugged and just leaned into him. “I dunno. Frozen pizza will work I guess.” She murmured, feeling off the rest of the evening before going to bed early and sleeping the rest of the night.

Jon was at the table going over some papers and not paying any attention until he heard her open the fridge “morning… what do you want for breakfast?” He asked her.

Max glanced over at him and nearly jumped out of her skin "Shit....I thought you were asleep still." She muttered before giving a heavy sigh "What um...what do you have to eat?" She asked before peering into the fridge

Pedro spent the rest of night worrying about her and once the morning rolled around he was up early. He made himself some coffee and toast before he grabbed his things to start his first day at the local highschool.

She woke up just after him and headed downstairs, slipping her arms around him tightly while he finished off his coffee. “Now remember if the kids are mean to you you go talk to your teacher okay?” She teased him a little, just swaying with him.

he shook his head and smiled. “Cereal. Toast. I’m sure I’ve got some eggs and bacon in the fridge.

Max gave a small nod and found some milk to make a bowl of cereal. She sat down at the island bar away from him and ate quietly. She whimpered quietly about half way through her meal though and wiped her eyes quickly "Goddamn it..." she muttered trying to pull herself together.

Pedro finished up his coffee then hugged his wife tight giving a small laugh "Yes I'll make sure to tell them." He murmured before kissing all over her face "I love you beautiful."

She smiled and kissed his cheek. “Mmm I love you too.” She murmured, heading out not long after him to go down and speak to Jordan, a little more sure of herself today. At least that was until she saw him standing in the arena lunging what looked more like a kite than a horse the amount of time it was spending off the ground, "You got a handle on that?" She called to him, sitting on the gate the way she used to when she'd watch him break in youngsters.

Jon frowned and looked over at her, passing her a box of tissues. "Did he say anything? Ever mention anyone that would want to hurt him? Did anyone else know you guys were in Malibu?" He asked her

Jordan kept himself tight to the young horse doing his best to try and get it settled. He looked over when he heard a voice and smiled some seeing Carmen there "I got him!" He yelled before tugging the reigns and finally getting the youngster to settle.

Max blew her nose and shook her head as she kept her eyes glued to the cereal "No. He never mentioned anything. I didn't know ablut your little arrangement until we got here." She muttered a bit harshly

Carmen smiled and shook her head, "Uh huh... Your mom's gonna get a call from the emergency centre from this one huh?" She mutteredm getting up and heading into the center, going to stand next to him and took the equipment out of his hands, working the horse quietly until hewas properly settled, "So... we need to talk." She told him frowning once she handed everything back over to Jordan.

Jon frowned and sighed some, "No old colleagues or anything? No one at all that he's npissed off to that point?" He questioned. He found it hard to believe that Jasper was really that well liked. The man had stepped on a lot of toes to get to the position he was in.

Max frowned as she thought about it long and hard before giving and small nod "About a year into our relationship Jasper had to let go of a business partner. He has been stealing from everyone, his name was Peter I think. I had only met him once by that point." She explained quietly "I was never fully invested in Jasper's business, that was his and I trusted he kept things running smoothly."

Jordan chuckled softly as he let her take.over for him. He frowned though as she came back and gave a heavy sigh as he started walking towards the stables "You're right, I need to apologize for my actions at your wedding. I don't remember them fully, but I do remember being a complete asshole about it all and Carmen I am truely sorry for that." He explained to her sincerly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back