• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Can't Fight What's Right

Pedro nodded some and gave a small chuckle "Right right, I remember you warning me about that. Well don't be gone too long okay? I'll see you soon and you can tell me about your day." He said sweetly before giving her an 'I love you' and hanging up

Max shook her head some as she got into the car with him "No I'm not hungry at the moment. You can stop to get yourself something though."

She nodded to herself and said her goodbyes before turning to face Jordan again. “I better get going home.” She sighed quietly, slipping her arms around his neck one more time. “Jordan if this… if this doesn’t work for you. You gotta tell me. I don’t want anyone to suffer for my sake.” She muttered.

he nodded some and headed straight home so he could order something in instead, going straight to sit in his study for the next meeting.

Jordan let her have the conversation making sure to stay quiet the entire time. He pulled her close to him once she was done and shook his head softly "If I have you in any way then I'm okay." He said softly

Max watched him go off to the study giving a small sigh. She decided then to stroll around the house and see the place fully.

She nodded and frowned still feeling weird about the whole thing. “Alright. I better get going okay? I’ll see you later.” She murmured to him, pecking his lips and getting up to head home.

Jon had left the door to his nice living room open and the fireplace had photos all across the top. All of them of him and their son and max from just before he had been killed.

Max walked in and glanced around frowning softly when she got to the fireplace mantle. She looked through the photos having not seen them in years and let a few tears fall. That had been the happiest she had ever beem when they had their little family, and she had been chasing to find that same happieness ever since.

Jordan gave a small nod before he got up and let her to the door "See you tomorrow." He murmured before letting her go off

-6 months-
Jon rolled out of bed and stretched some, going to get sorted out in the hotel bathroom before going to check on max in the next room. They’d rented out a suite while they were in Finland. He’d promised her that he would help sort out jaspers things with her after it was revealed he’d left everything to her but he was struggling more these days simply because he knew he was falling hard for her again and he figured she would never be interested.

Carmen groaned happily as Jordan rolled off of her and she curled in closer to his side. “I spoke to an attorney last week.” She murmured to him. They’d been so careful the past six months and it had only solidified to her that she wanted Jordan in her life and not Pedro. “He’s drafting up divorce papers for me.” She murmured, kissing him happily and slipping her arms around his neck. They were both away at a national competition that Jordan was riding in and she’d gone to be his groom, a little shocked that Pedro hadn’t questioned the decision but it had been nice to get away one on one with him but also to not have to check in on her dad all the time. She’d organised a couple months ago for him to have a nurse come check on him three times a day and help him out with things now that he was getting worse.

Max sighed softly as she stood on the balcony of their suite sipping her hot coffee. She looked over as she heard the sliding door and gave him a soft smile "Hey...I gotta get the last of my things from our apartment today. Then we have to meet with the attorney." She said moving over to him "Thank you so much for coming with me Jon." She murmured giving him a quick peck on the cheek. These past 6 months had been hell for her having to settle all of Jasper's old affairs. Though Jon being their with her had made things a bit easier. He was acting like the Jon she had fallen in love with all those years ago and she was starting to fall for him again.

Jordan groaned and rolled off of her panting some. As he caught his breath he kissed the top of her head frowning some "Mmm sounds good, you let me know if you need anything okay?" He murmured to her. Things had been as close to pure bliss as they could be with their situation. He was happy to have this time with her now and just hoped that when she told Pedro about the divorce things wouldn't get too messy for them.

She smiled tiredly and watched him. “You be careful tomorrow alright? Don’t take any stupid risks… your sister would Jill me if I didn’t warn you.” She muttered, reaching to turn her light out.

Jon nodded silently and frowned. “You doing okay? I know he would have been 13 today.” He mumbled frowning.

Jordan chuckled some and gave a small nod "I promise." He murmured before he drifted to sleep next to her. He woke up early that next morning when he heard his alarm going off groaning some as he started to wake up and get ready for the event.

Max frowned and took a deep breath trying to keep herself together. This day had always been hard but it being the year he would have been a teen was harder. She had tried her best to keep her mind off of it though but now it was out in the open "Yeah....god..13...we probably would be warding off little girls and telling him he couldn't dye his hair funky colors." She said giving a heart breaking laugh before she broke down staring at the ground.

He frowned and just piled her into his arms tightly, rocking her gently as he swallowed back tears as well. It never got easier

carmen groaned a little and got up, getting herself dressed and ready to go, chucking her hair up and one of his hoodies then stood waiting by the door for him to be ready.

Max put her coffee down before being pulled into his arms. She clung to him and sobbed into his chest "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect him...that I couldn't be enough for you both." She said muffled by his chest and barely understandable.

Jordan yawned before he slid on his lucky riding boots giving her a small nod "We still got time to get some mcdonalds breakfast if you want." He murmured as he walked her to the door.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Not before you compete. You remember what happened last time? You puked down the side of Ranger. I’m not cleaning that up again.” She pointed out, closing the door behind them and headed down to the car to take them to the show grounds where they were keeping his newer competition horse while they were there.

Jon shook his head and held her tighter. “Shh, you didn’t do anything wrong. There was nothing that you could have done that would have prevented what happened. It was the wrong place wrong time and the Irish decided to make it fucking personal.” He muttered.

Max nodded softly slowly starting to calm in his embrace taking deep breaths. She looked up at him after she had calmed more and took a shaky breath "Lets get going....I want to handle this as quickly as possible."

Jordan chuckled some at the memory and nodded "I also didn't have my lucky boots that day." He pointed out before driving them down to the area stables.

She shook her head some, getting out once they arrived and sent him to get them some coffee from the stand while she started getting the horse ready.

he frowned and just nodded, watching her carefully to make sure she was okay first then left with her.

Max sighed heavily as she got the last of her things about an hour later from in the closet. She opened the small box and frowned seeing an old photo of Jon right before she had left "You haven't aged a day." She murmured before handing him the picture

Jordan frowned some as he came back with the coffee "Stay close to me....fucking pricks on the other team have taken a liking to you.." he muttered as he handed her the coffee

She rolled her eyes a little and took the coffee, glancing over and seeing them. “Oh please, I’m almost old enough to be their mother.” She muttered, shaking her head. “Plus I know how to handle myself.” She muttered, pecking his cheek then sat down in the fold out chair they’d brought, watching him finish getting the horse ready.

He chuckled quietly. “I dunno, the grey hair and crows feet and my back would beg to differ.” He teased her, just watching her and wanting so badly to have her in his arms again

Jordan chuckled softly before sipping the last of his coffee"Right." He murmured before he got his horse completely ready for their run.

Max gave a sad laugh before looking back at the photo frowning a bit "I took this right before I left....I kept it as a reminder...that I could never handle that look again." She said quietly still staring at the photo.

He frowned and watched her. “You know what that look was about? Nothing would have happened if I had a proper job. If I wasn’t involved with the mob. We would still have our son with us and I couldn’t bear for it to happen to you too. The more publicly I pushed you away the less in danger you were.” He muttered. “And I didn’t realise til it was too late that I’d actually pushed you away in private too.” He mumbled.

Carmen watched him, “Plus, I’m no buckle bunny, if anything you used to be the buckle bunny.” She teased him. “You remember the fling you had with Cassie?” She smiled. “She had you wound round her little finger.” She reminded him.

Max frowned softly and gave a small nod before she looked through a couple more and smiled sadly finding the photo of the first time Jon help their son "Here...you should have this." She murmured before handing him the photo "You know when I first saw you again i expected to meet the coldhearted man from that first photo...not the man that I loved."

Jordan visibly cringed at the mention of her "Ugh don't remind me of that woman." He muttered shaking his head some "Nearly made me bankrupt."

He frowned and shook his head. “All I wanted was for you to be safe. Once I was sure you were and no one would hurt you to get to me… I was still broken but I was able to relax at least. I never stopped loving you.” He told her honestly, staring at the photo of him and their little boy, smiling some. “He was the spitting image of you huh?”

She laughed some and shook her head, getting up when they started calling the first set of numbers, helping him get finished up. “Be safe.” She told him, kissing him quickly before he got on.

Max nodded softly before giving a small laugh "Yeah but he got your dumbo ears." She teased before moving to sit a bit closer to him "In all honesty I don't think I ever stopped loving you. I just buried my feelings and did my best to move on with life."

Jordan smiled softly and kissed her back quickly before he went off. He ended up with second place at the end of it all and was rather proud of himself for it all.

He frowned some. “We had him moved to the family plot a couple years ago by the way. I tried to get ahold of you but I couldn’t.” He frowned.

Carmen was stood with him at the end of it all and got him back on for the medal ceremony, going to get a good spot to take photos from, smiling wide as she watched him.

Max frowned a bit and placed her head on his shoulder "Not like I particularly liked where we had him in the first place." She mumbled before giving a heavy sigh "Why haven't you had kids yet? Or a solid relationship?"

Jordan went through the medal ceremony smiling proud at Carmen when he noticed her with the camera. He sighed happily as he got back and spun her around once she was in his arms "Ya know I think you're my new lucky charm."

She giggled some and shook her head. “I dunno, you’ve been winning competitions long as I can remember.” She pointed out. “Dad used to send me the photos from after I left…. I’m gonna look for my own again now. I want a horse again. One that’s mine.” She told him quietly.

Jon snorted a little and shook his head. “Cause you left. And that was it. I was done. I only loved you Max. I still do. As much as I wanted you safe, I was still broken when you left.”

Max looked up at him and took a shaky breath before she closed the gap between them by pressing her lips to his. She cupped his face keeping him in place as she continued kissing him making up for all the lost time between them.

Jordan chuckled softly but smiled some "Well I can definitely help you find one." He murmured kissing her cheek gently "You got any preferences?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back