• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Can't Fight What's Right

She just nodded and swayed with him for a minute. “Alright, I’ll see you later.” She murmured heading out to ride, feeling like things might be about to settle finally.

Jon got out with her, reaching to her with his food arm, still having a support system on his bad shoulder, kissing her head. “You wanna run a bath and some champagne and relax?” He asked her, walking in with her.

Max leaned into him ever so slightly as he wrapped his arm around her "Mmm I like that idea a lot." She murmured before kissing the underside of his chin "You start back tomorrow right?"

Jordan gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Alright babe." He murmured before letting her go off.

For the next two months carmen had herself spread so thin between work and the ranch and her dad and Jordan plus the horse she had bought and was bringing on that it was no surprise when she woke up one morning sick as a dog, managing to make it downstairs to see Jordan in the kitchen and she shuffled over to the breakfast bar. “Morning.” She hoarsed out.

Jon nodded and smiled. “Nothing crazy though. I was thinking we could go up to New York for New Years though. See the family?” He suggested. “If you don’t want to THATS fine”

Jordan frowned a bit as he heard her voice giving a small sigh "Hey beautiful, you feeling okay?" He asked while he finished up cooking.

Max frowned softly but gave a small nod "I haven't been there in 13 years...but I think its time for me to go." She explained to him quietly. Two months went by quick and New Years was now upon them. She took a shaky breath as they stepped out of the terminal and went to look for their car keeping extra close to Jon.

She shook her head. “You know how you keep telling me to not overdo it…. I’ve overdone it.” She mumbled, looking up at him when he rolled his eyes. “Don’t say it… I know you warned me but I didn’t have time to stop… I need to get Atlas schooled and visit dad then I got three appointments at the salon and then I’m getting my nails done.” She told him, frowning when he simply pushed her back to the stairs. “What are you doing?”

He smiled and kissed her head. “Breathe, dad is excited to see you, everybody is.” He told her and helped her get her scarf wrapped around her more. “Luca is on his way to get us okay?”

Jordan frowned and sighed heavily. He shook his head as he listened to her ramble and put the food to the side before pushing her towarss the stairs "You're not doing any of it. You're calling in sick today. I'll handle your dad and Atlas okay? You need to rest Carmen or you'll get worse." He said seriously to her.

Max held her jacket close to her and gave a small nod "I'm glad they're excited to see me. I just...I'm nervous for some reason." She admits before looking up at him.

He smiled and kissed her head. “When we get there we’re gonna go straight to my room and then we can come back down so if you need to you can disappear up there.” He assured her, glancing down at his phone when it rang. “Hold on, I gotta take this.” He murmured. “Joshua…. I hope you’re calling me to give me good news and you came up with the money?”

she frowned and sniffled. “I’m fine. It’s just a little cold.” She grumbled until he picked her up and she gave up. “Fine. One day in bed.” She mumbled and rest her head back, “you wanna skive today and just cuddle me all day?” She pouted at him.

Max gave a small nod and glanced around taking in the sights around her. This was a lot for her. The last time she had been at this airport she had been running from the man she was now with. It was a lot for her to take in as those memories started to flood her brain.

Jordan shook his head and carried her up to bed "I wish I could beautiful, but I gotta take care of things." He murmured keeping her close to him for a moment before putting her in bed.

Josh frowned as he heard Jon's voice on the other Iine taking a deep breath "Yeah I got most of it. About a grand short but I'll have it by the timr you're back in town." He explained

She frowned and sighed heavily "So when are we gonna get time with each other then?" She snapped a little. On top of being overworked she had been highly strung for days and being poorly seemed to have made her snap. "If you're so concerned about me then you'll stay home and maybe I can have someone be there for me for once!" she snapped.

Jon frowned some, "I fucking hope so. I'll be back in a week." He muttered, hanging up and looked over to see his friend pulling up "Here's our ride." He murmured to Max, stepping over with their luggage, "You get in babe I'll sort this."

Jordan frowned deeply at her and shook his head a bit "I've been here for you this entire time Carmen. And I'll continue to be here, but right now I need to take care of these few things and I will be back." He said seriously before he left without another word.

Max gave a small nod to him and got in the car sitting quietly while she waited. She gave a small smile as he got in kissing his cheek gently "I'd like to visit my parents...and our son." She said softly while looking out the window. Her parents had been dead for nearly 25 years now but she still wanted to visit them.

“Fuck sakes Jordan!” She yelled after him, shaking her head and just lay back, fuming with him no matter how childish she knew she was being.

Jon nodded as he listened, kissing her head. “That sounds okay…. I uh… I can’t.” He mumbled frowning. He’d tried to go see their son several times over the years and every time he found he couldn’t make it through the gates.

Jordan went out and sighed heavily as he got to the ranch just wanting to get Atlas done so he could see her dad and go home. He was beyond stressed and wearing thin as well when it came to Carmen. He was hurting to see her this bad off.

Max frowned giving his hand a squeeze nodding some "Will you go with me? I'm not sure I can do it either, but we could try together." She said softly giving him an almost pleading look.

Connor headed out to go check on his boss when he hadn’t seen him in a couple hours and everything was done. “Jordan?!” He called, frowning some until he looked up at the sound of thundering hooves, seeing he was being flung around in the saddle until he watched him get thrown clear across the arena and straight into a collection of jump wings. “Shit.” He muttered to himself, jumping the fence and racing to get to him, all ready to call an ambulance, pressing dial when he got there and found him passed out.

Jon tensed and shook his head until she kept pressing it “I said no!” He snapped at her “I can’t do it!” He yelled at her, letting go and turning aaay from her. He missed him terribly but over the years it had gotten harder to keep most of his feelings under control with it so he blocked it from his memory so that it couldn’t hurt him again.

Max frowned when he finally snapped at her and shook her head a bit. She knew the pain he felt, but she also knew how to somewhat heal from it and move on with her life. She knew she couldn't stay in the past or else she would have died years ago from it.

Jordan got on Atlas after he made sure everything was taken care of and gave a heavy sigh. He was so in his head about everything that he started to half ass his training until he was soon being flung around and now into the jumping wings. He came to almost 30.minutes later to paramedics checking him over and placing him on a gurney "Wha? What happened?" He slurred out.

Connor frowned watching him some and stepped away to call Carmen.
“Jordan we need you to stay real still okay? We’re gonna get you to the hospital and get you patched up but we need you to stay calm and still for us alright.” One of the medics coaxed. They didn’t really want him to start freaking out over the fact he’d sliced his back open.

Jon was quiet the rest of the car ride and got out with her to go inside, grabbing their luggage and watched her walk in, just shaking his head. She had no idea how hard he’d tried to go see him every time and at this point he just wasn’t willin to put himself through it again.

Jordan groaned some but nodded slowly to the paramedic "My back is killing me....my girlfriend...can you tell Connor to pick her up? She isn't feeling well, I don't want her driving." He murmured before he soon passed out again.

Max got out of the car as they arrived and gave a heavy sigh. She glanced back at Jon before walking into the house and getting overwhelmed immediately by his family once they realized it was them that pulled up. She smiled and politely said hello to his aunts and uncles but soon stood up straight and at attention when she saw his father come into the room out of habit from when they were younger.

Carmen grumbled a little when her phone started ringing, rubbing at her face and reaching for it. “Connor? Is he really giving me the silent treatment like this?” She mumbled, rubbing her face as she sat up.

Jon folllowed inside and greeted everyone, nodding to his dad before taking their bags up to their room, leaving max alone with him

Connor frowned as she answered already hearing how bad she sounded "Jordan got hurt. Got flung off of Atlas and into the jumping wings. Got a big slash on his back. He is going to the hospital now, I'll be over in 10 minutes be ready." He told her seriously

Max took in a deep breath as she made her way over giving a small smile "Hey Frank....its been a while. I um...I heard about Marie, I'm so.sorry, you have my condolences." She said with a shaky voice. Max wasn't fully one to scare easily but Frank terrified her.

She frowned and got out of bed quick as she could. “Alright. Shit.” She muttered hanging up and chucking better clothes on then went to wait with her wallet and keys by the front door, worried sick about him now

Frank frowned some and pulled her in tight “Welcome home Maxine.” He told her quietly. “Don’t be a stranger again please. I beg you.” He told her gently before letting go

Connor rolled up to their place at exactly 10 minutes later making sure to keep the car unlocked while he honked for her to get out there. Once she was in the car he sped off towards the hospital giving a heavy sigh "Paramedics said he should be okay, just gotta make sure that wound doesn't get infected."

Max hugged him tightly and gave a small nod "I'm here to stay I promise." She said quietly before pulling back from him. She looked over at Jon as he came back in giving a small smile as she watched them hug before she retreated to the room they would be staying in.

She frowned and nodded, chewing on her nails the whole way out there, worrying about him until they arrived and they let her go straight through to see him, walking in and sighing in relief seeing him awake at least. “Shit. What happened?” She asked him quietly, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking his hands, their argument forgotten.

Jon sighed quietly as he watched her go and he sat down, leaning back on the couch and sighing heavily. “We might not be here the whole two weeks. We’ll see how we go.” He warned his father

Jordan smiled softly at her and gave a small groan as he shifted a bit "Lost in my thoughts, got thrown off of Atlas. I'm all good, stitches in my back but I should be okay."

Frank sat down across from his son and raised an eyebrow "Is that so? Why do you say that?" He asked

She frowned and just nodded, cupping his cheek gently. “You can’t be scaring me like that.” She whispered, leaning down and kissing his forehead. “That’s against the rules okay?”

He frowned and watched him for a second raising an eyebrow. “Are you being that fucking blind?” He questioned him. “Why would we wanna be back here for long?”

Jordan smiled some and gave a small laugh nodding some "I'm sorry babe, I'll try not to do it again." He said softly before kissing her gently

Frank frowned some and gave a small shrug "Maybe it'll be good for the two of you to stop running from your demons that live here." He murmured before getting up "Atleast try to see your mother." He said before leaving the room to tend to other things.

Carmen frowned and watched him some. “They wanna keep you overnight, just in case. I’m gonna stay here alright? I’m not walking home and I’m not taking a taxi on my own.” She told him as Connor had gone home.

Jon rolled his eyes and went to get a drink, wandering to sit out back and light a cigarette, running a hand over his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back