• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Cannot message me

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I have it set so people can't go on my profile but for messages, I have it set that any members of the site can message me. Things have been fine up until now and it seems that people can't message me. Maybe they didn't have enough posts when they tried?

Can someone check if they're able to message me?

I have it set so people can't go on my profile but for messages, I have it set that any members of the site can message me. Things have been fine up until now and it seems that people can't message me. Maybe they didn't have enough posts when they tried?

Can someone check if they're able to message me?

It is quite possible that the person messaging you is banned. There was a bug previously that let banned users continue to reply to PMs.

It is quite possible that the person messaging you is banned. There was a bug previously that let banned users continue to reply to PMs.
Hi! Don't mean to butt in but I was the one trying to message them. I am new and not banned. When I go to their profile it says "

Oops! We ran into some problems.

This member limits who may view their full profile. "

Hi! Don't mean to butt in but I was the one trying to message them. I am new and not banned. When I go to their profile it says "

Oops! We ran into some problems.

This member limits who may view their full profile. "

That is the profile. Afte reviewing Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles 's settings, I see the following.

firefox_2018-07-20_06-41-33.png

Actually, go to your inbox and try to create a message from here with them: https://www.rpnation.com/conversations/add

So...am I all good? Are people able to message me like usual? Is there something I should do? I don't want people to have to use the more complicated route to message me

So...am I all good? Are people able to message me like usual? Is there something I should do? I don't want people to have to use the more complicated route to message me

It’s normally easier to message you from your profile but people can’t visit it because you locked it down.

Any one who wants to message you can do so by clicking their inbox box and hitting “start a new conversation”.

Can't people just hover over my icon and then when the little popup box appears they can click to send a message? On a phone they'd click my icon and so the same thing.

Can't people just hover over my icon and then when the little popup box appears they can click to send a message? On a phone they'd click my icon and so the same thing.
Yes, they can do that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back