• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Cancel Post Button Confirmation OR Autosave?

InTheSea

sʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ ♠ ᴀᴅᴠ ʟɪᴛ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟʟᴀ
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Is it possible to make a confirmation popup when you hit the cancel button?

0455d081879704768df2e1447b249fc9.png

I spent a good half hour creating content today (yes yes, I know, save regularly, but sometimes you just get caught up with what your doing), and lost everything when my cat hit some sort of magic hotkey on my keyboard that canceled my entire post (I don't think she moved my mouse over the button and clicked it, if she did she's a genius). If there was a "Are you sure you want to cancel" popup, or something to simply prevent the unintentional clicking of the button, I think this would save us writers a lot of headache, and heartache.

OR, have some sort of autosave feature, perhaps similar to Google Docs, that automatically saves your content? I don't think this will work as well as my first suggestion, but I figure it can't hurt just to bring it up 😢

We do have an auto-save, but it only works when creating new posts. I'm guessing you were trying to edit an existing post, because that's the only place either Throw Dice or Cancel show, and the auto-save doesn't come into effect there.

I've no idea what your cat might have pressed, but I would think it had more to do with your browser, keyboard, or OS settings than our website, since we don't have any hotkeys tied to our software that I'm aware of.

Because the edit and cancel features are part of the basic site software, I'm not sure how much we can do, but we'll look into it.

We do have an auto-save, but it only works when creating new posts. I'm guessing you were trying to edit an existing post, because that's the only place either Throw Dice or Cancel show, and the auto-save doesn't come into effect there.

I've no idea what your cat might have pressed, but I would think it had more to do with your browser, keyboard, or OS settings than our website, since we don't have any hotkeys tied to our software that I'm aware of.

Because the edit and cancel features are part of the basic site software, I'm not sure how much we can do, but we'll look into it.

It was a premade post that I have been editing on and off in my private workshop, so that totally makes sense!

Thanks for all the information, I will be more careful because I literally have no idea what she did.

And thank you for looking into it! I really do appreciate it <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back