Can you guess the rule?

I'm thinking of a rule that describes some kind of relationship between sets of three numbers. The goal of the game is to guess this rule - but you can't ask me about the rule directly.

• The rule is a sentence in English of 20 words or less.
• You can give me any set of three integers ( A , B , C ) from 0 to 99, and I'll tell you if that set follows the rule or not. "yes" if it does, "no" if it doesn't.
• You can test up to three sets per post.
• Once you've posted, you can post again as soon as I've given your post a cookie.
• You can test as many sets as you want.
• If you think you know the rule, you can guess at any time. One guess per post.
• If your guess at the rule is wrong, you lose a point.
• If your guess is right, you get three points, and I'll make a new rule.
• You don't have to match my exact wording. As long your guess is equivalent to my rule, it counts. "Every number has to be even" is the same as "Every number's remainder is zero when divided by two".
• Instead of replying to posts, I'll add all sets of numbers and rule guesses, and their results, to this post. That will keep clutter down, and this way everyone can see all the info at a glance.
• Try to get more points than everyone else!
• Remember, you only gain or lose points when trying to guess the rule. You can test all the numbers you want.
• Instead of writing out "the first number", "the second number", etc. you can use A, B, and C to refer to specific numbers, if you need to. For example : "The first number has to be greater than the second number" would be "A is greater than B".

Here's a set of numbers that follows my rule : ( 1 , 2 , 1 ).

0 , 0 , 0 yes
5 , 7 , 5 no
1 , 2 , 3 no
0 , 1 , 2 no

Rules guesses so far :
"You have to repeat a number that is lower than three"
"you have to have a number, than another number, than repeat the first. it is like a palindrome, like ana or bob."

Last edited:
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

you have to have a number, than another number, than repeat the first. it is like a palindrome, like ana or bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back