• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hey, you miss the good old days when RPing is about a bunch of friends in a tavern talking about killing dragons?

I wonder if anyone is interested in that? Like accompanied with a LotR-esque background?

I love a good tavern setting. Are wizards a thing in this story, or is it more of a world of melee and archery? I can see myself playing either a crusty old battlemage long past his prime or an archer mercenary, male or female, who seeks glory in the greatest hunt of his or her time.

I see it as an RP consisting of an adventurers guild centered around an Inn/Tavern... and they WORK THEIR WAY UP to killing a dragon, first dealing with lesser threats like restless dead and werewolves and a variety of progressively larger monsters (trolls, giants) and finally slaying a dragon. I could get behind organizing an RP like that. :D

I see it as an RP consisting of an adventurers guild centered around an Inn/Tavern... and they WORK THEIR WAY UP to killing a dragon, first dealing with lesser threats like restless dead and werewolves and a variety of progressively larger monsters (trolls, giants) and finally slaying a dragon. I could get behind organizing an RP like that. :D

Ooh, this I too can get behind.

Classic Beck fashion. Wouldn’t mind joining something like that

It would be forum only, with maybe a discord to discuss combats.
I'd create a "Bounty Board" of monsters in the realm which could be gone after.... starting with goblins and maybe some Dire animals... and climb the to a Naga or a big gargoyle etc etc etc.

Hey, you miss the good old days when RPing is about a bunch of friends in a tavern talking about killing dragons?

I wonder if anyone is interested in that? Like accompanied with a LotR-esque background?
I don't mean to hijack your project SimSim... I was just excited by it and wondered if you could use a GM.

I don't mean to hijack your project SimSim... I was just excited by it and wondered if you could use a GM.
Dude you're exactly what I need lol I think you made it more concrete and doable

What do you think we should start with? Like maybe a to-do list so everyone that wants to be a part of can contribute to the RP?

I'm also interested. Do you have a specific direction you're envisioning?

Dude you're exactly what I need lol I think you made it more concrete and doable

What do you think we should start with? Like maybe a to-do list so everyone that wants to be a part of can contribute to the RP?

I think we should have GMs (storytellers), and Heroes (Players) ... Give me a name of the Tavern and I'll get started with a teaser bounty board.

I think we should have GMs (storytellers), and Heroes (Players) ... Give me a name of the Tavern and I'll get started with a teaser bounty board.
Hmm maybe like The Belching Ogre?

About the heroes, do you think it's better if people just do a simple character sheet or should we also do stats for combat?

I'm also interested. Do you have a specific direction you're envisioning?
I think we're going with what Beckon suggested, like an adventurers guild slaying monsters.

Belching Ogre Works!

I say less is more for a good Monster-Hunting RP.

Instead of getting into fiddly numbers let's have every Character have a GREAT skill, A GOOD skill, And three AVERAGE skills of their choice.

Skills could be anything from Melee Combat, To Ranged combat, Healing, Fire Magic, Water Magic, Etc. To Climbing, Survival, Animal Handling, Stealth... we could make a list of skills but players pick Five that Encapsulate their character then all other skills are "Other Stuff" which they do at a regular level or regular level modified with a bonus equal to the number of successful quests they've been on. (so there is a simple element of progression)

what do you think?

Belching Ogre Works!

I say less is more for a good Monster-Hunting RP.

Instead of getting into fiddly numbers let's have every Character have a GREAT skill, A GOOD skill, And three AVERAGE skills of their choice.

Skills could be anything from Melee Combat, To Ranged combat, Healing, Fire Magic, Water Magic, Etc. To Climbing, Survival, Animal Handling, Stealth... we could make a list of skills but players pick Five that Encapsulate their character then all other skills are "Other Stuff" which they do at a regular level or regular level modified with a bonus equal to the number of successful quests they've been on. (so there is a simple element of progression)

what do you think?
Hmmm, now this gives me the idea of making a merchant esque individual out hunting for treasure and things to sell, but due to them carrying a lot of heavy things on the daily and having personally trained himself, would be rather stronk having not missed out on leg and arm day

Hmmm, now this gives me the idea of making a merchant esque individual out hunting for treasure and things to sell, but due to them carrying a lot of heavy things on the daily and having personally trained himself, would be rather stronk having not missed out on leg and arm day
Maybe your merchant makes cooler stuff out of monster parts!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back