Advice/Help Can we advertise a Discord RP Server?

Wackadoodle0987

Arch-Magnate of the Beau Monde Patriciate
I need to recruit roleplayers, wondered whether or not I was allowed to put up a link / description of the server on RPNation.

You are allowed to advertise for discord-based RPs on the offsite section of RPN exclusively. That said, you shouldn't put links or your discord tag in the actual thread, and instead send it privately to those that express interest in your interest check, a rule in place for safety reasons.

I'm super new here (Like 30 minutes old) and I'm trying to put a discord RP ad in the offsite section, but it seems to show that there are no threads in there. Earlier there was some text at the top of my screen saying I needed 10 forum posts before I could advertise offsite but it seems to have disappeared, and the recruitment rules section doesn't show that rule on it (unless it's hiding somewhere else). Did I like, hallucinate that? Will I be able to see posts there once I rack up 10 posts of my own?

I'm super new here (Like 30 minutes old) and I'm trying to put a discord RP ad in the offsite section, but it seems to show that there are no threads in there. Earlier there was some text at the top of my screen saying I needed 10 forum posts before I could advertise offsite but it seems to have disappeared, and the recruitment rules section doesn't show that rule on it (unless it's hiding somewhere else). Did I like, hallucinate that? Will I be able to see posts there once I rack up 10 posts of my own?
You do need the 10 posts, as well as I believe some more time on the site (24 hours I think, but it's 3 AM so I might be misremembering). This information and more in the beginner's guide I will link to you in a bit.

You can check the FAQ that goes in more details about how and where you can advertise Off-site roleplays. :)

Thank you very much Onmyoji Onmyoji ! (Also I hope it's alright to ping like that? Please tell me if people get two notifications from that or one, I'd hate to over ping people)

(Also I hope it's alright to ping like that? Please tell me if people get two notifications from that or one, I'd hate to over ping people)
Pinging people is fine, it lets them know you're talking to them which they may not notice otherwise.

It depends on the settings the person has. Some people can choose to have them also appear on discord or as push notifications or email if that's what you mean. But that's their choice so it means they wanted to be notified and can always opt out.
But technically it's just one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back