• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Can someone explain tabs to me?

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
I'm really interested in learning BBCode, but tabs aren't making any sense to me. Can someone explain (in some detail) the simplest, most basic way to create tabs? I'd really appreciate it!

Hello there!
Have you been looking at BBcode or BBcode+ ?
There's a major difference between the two! BBcode is what I'd recommend users who don't have prior knowledge to coding to start with! BBcode+ is easier to understand for those who have prior knowledge in coding already and/or have done "HTML" coding since there's classes and scripts [ div is included as well ].

The most basic and simplest way to create tabs is first, always, always turn off RTE and use the BBcode editor - this also means you should always keep RTE off because if there's a post where you're going back to edit and it's heavily tagged with BBcode, the codes will duplicate regardless! also, you must remember to always always close your bbcode tags!

Code:
[Tabs]
[Tab=Name Here] Text here[/Tab]
[/Tabs]

In the above code, you will start with the tag "Tabs" that is your overarching code, next, you will do you "Tab=namehere" , this tag is the tab title that you see - once you're done with the title, you may write in your text. Remember, once you're done with this first tab and you're going to the next one, close you tag tab with "/Tab" ! and you continue until you have however many tabs you need ! Once you're done with your tabs, please close your overarching tab code with "/Tabs"

this is what it'll look like when you're done coding:

• Text here

I hope this helps !
note: you can't change the color of the tabs, but you can do an overarching background color covering the whole entire code!

One more question - sorry. How would you change the appearance of the buttons themselves? Thank you so much ^_^

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar ; unfortunately you can't change the appearance of the button themselves unless you either use a div to cover it up or the BBcode+ ! you can, however, use "symbols" as a title, but there's no easier way to change the rectangular shape unless you do : divs or BBcode+ !

there is, however, a generator that I believe Alteras Alteras and fluticasone fluticasone made in terms of tabs, but I'd have to scourge through the area to find it

also, Lyro Lyro has posted an example tab using BBcode+ in the guide as well to help too!

Ahh, yes. My tab generator is here, however it won't teach you how to actually make tabs, only just create tabs for you.

What fluticasone fluticasone and I use when we make our tabs, at the least the underlying system for our tabs, is this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back