• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Can anyone tell me what an OOC is?

The Green Knight

The one and only
I just want to know what an OOC is, and any other slang/acronyms that are used on this site, so I don't use them incorrectly, thanks!

Hello there!
Welcome to RPN!

OOC usually means out-of-character! For group roleplays, OOC threads are made so that players can discuss the roleplay with each other. This can include asking questions for clarification, chatting in general about the characters or the story line, etc.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the opening post of the thread I attached below, there’s some glossary terms that could be useful! I don’t believe it’s every single term used, but it’s the more common ones seen around the site!
- Info - Introduction to RpNation, Forums, and Roleplaying

Don’t be afraid to ask what a specific slang, acronym , or abbreviation means! A lot of writers come from different sites with varying terminology too. Or sometime the terminologies are used interchangeably. So it’s very understandable to be confused.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back