Advice/Help Can anyone give me an advice about lgbt themes?

sparklingvelvet

I'd like to think that I am a god
Currently, i'm struggling with this theme as I am fairly knew in roleplaying lgbt themes. I have always gone with heteronormative roleplays, but have always been fascinated with homosexual themes. It's quite... intricate and exciting, however I must say that I have struggles doing this, as I really don't know where to stand.

Anyway, is there's any good soul out there to help me out? :)

Like relationships between two same genders? (I'm not really knowledgable about such terms, hence this post).

Writing Gay Characters

This might help but for me unless unless the plot is specifically around some kind of prejudice I treat romance the same regardless of sexuality.

So I go the X happens to be gay rather than X is gay and build the plot around that.

Buuuut I am also predominantly a platonic role player so I don’t focus on attraction or romance

I would say the link should help tho

geeking out wrote it best: treat it as just a normal romance. i prefer mxm but other than societal judgements and what not, it's not that different

Honestly? I think it's just like writing any heterosexual romance/relationship. Depending on who the characters are, they can struggle with environmental factors (say, homophobia and violence, not being able to get legally married, not being able to have bio children together, being scared of disclosing their sexuality/relationship status to their families, etc.) or internal factors of themselves (like acceptance and being comfortable, specially if it turns out that said relationship is the first LGBT* sprinkled relationship/interest they've had) but other than that, I don't think there's an awful lot that's that different from writing heteronormative stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back