• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

As the screeching sounds of troublesome teens carried across the grounds, Jeb sighed and took a long drag of his cigarette. It was just him, and the rocking chair… and if he turned the corner, he would have direct line of sight to the sign-in table, and all the antics there.

But! As long as he didn’t SEE whatever Blair and Evan were up to, he could not be held legally responsible for whatever they were doing.

Which was probably indoctrinating campers into the local mountain cult. But, again, as long as all campers were returned to their parents alive and unmaimed at the end of the month, Jeb would get that sweet, sweet Commonwealth money. Combined with his grandson Toby’s pension, after this round of campers, he’d finally be able to afford a cruise to Turks and Caicos, and marry his beloved Anastasia. And they say mail-order brides are a scam!

“Toby!” he called for his grandson, too lazy to get up and see if the pathetic man had picked up the deer or not. It was a test, you see – if Toby responded, that meant he had come back empty-handed. But if he didn’t respond, that meant he was busy carving up venison in the kitchen.

Or, now that Jeb thought about it, maybe Toby knew what was up and would avoid him anyway.

OOC Have most of us posted at least once? Should we proceed onto dinner, or wait a bit longer?

Gwendolyn Trussel
Tags:
Damafaud Damafaud AFreakingBird AFreakingBird Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Gus Gus (Open)
One of the girl's eyes slowly moves towards the source of the voice that chimed in from the laughing teen "He could be Chungus the Fungus for all i care, all i know is this friend may appreciate something to make this camping trip a REAL one" chuckling to herself "Sides, not liken you asked for any names did yah short stack?...So hey until i hear them going to just assigned what seems to fits in my mind, feel me?"
[/column][/row]

"If you were any less capable of running anything other than debt, you'd learn to stop with the grating calling." Tobias replied as he walked toward Jeb.
"Well no, I can't say you're useless. You'll always serve as a bad example for every person that comes through." He added as he sat down near the old timer.

"Your elk was a lost cause. Perhaps had you called me to deal with it say, twelve damn hours ago, it would be good eating. Things more fulla maggot shit than your gut."

as with the other campers, a car pulled up a little ways off though what came out of it.. was odd? a thick black paste oozed out of the vehicle's backseat as it would slither off towards the campgrounds.. this was one of the campers Arlon to be specific finding where the counsellors were his non-existent eyes would light up at the sight of both of them... they looked great perfect additions to his collections of "outfits" he'd probably acquire. but in his mind, it was time for a little bit of fun.. who to try out first though? he quickly settled on the demon guy the slimy mass beginning to raise up reshaping after a moment into the demon counsellor guy walking but behind the two Evan and Blair wanting to see everyone's reactions while he had a huge goofy smile on his face "hiiiiiiii everyone" he'd say trying to catch people attention trying to stop himself from bursting into laughter.

FliesandSpiders FliesandSpiders

"But of course!" Salem said dramatically to Danielle before giving his hair a dramatic 'flip' and a smug smile. "What sort of girl would I be if I didn't i didn't at least try to look pretty. Though please. No dresses too short. I dont have my summer legs yet."

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha
Salems smug expression faltered slightly at the response given to him by the counselor. Oh. So she was a vet, huh? How friggin annoying. He was sure to at the very least to have gotten an eye roll.

Fine then. He'd just have to call her bluff and see how long she could handle it. Geeze... if this was two decades ago then she'd have probably had an aneurysm from the triggering. Not fair. Now he was going to have to... uhg... work at it.

Whatever. He was just going to have to pull up his pantyhose and steamroll forward.

"No worries their. If I was a boy, which I'm not, of course, then I wouldn't be able to get it up if I tried. Entirely desensitized. Too much time on the internet and all that. Dastardly effects of too much... spicy material online." His smug grin returned at his self deprecating reply. Though it was partially confirmed at his complete lack of interest at the vague prospect of her showing a bit of skin.

"As well I'm well aware of the shape of duck units. As a matter of fact I wrote the meme logbook on zoological phalluses." he said proudly. Of which he promptly used such a weapon to overload the computers of the Feds security system and main stream media networks. People were scrubbing their eyes for weeks. Now that was a fun job. Sure it was just to divert from a villains bank heist, but he liked to put it in his resume.

"Still! I guess the prospects here must be pretty low to have to resort to it. Yaoi Poster Boy here doesnt give me a lot of faith that you got a bunch of options." Salem sneered, pointing a thumb at the demon man ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )
"Cant blame you for taking what you can get."

At the question about questions. Salem raised his hand with mock enthusiasm. "I have one, yes! Is there any wi-fi, television, or land line phones in this camp?" He asked hopefully. Though well knew what the answer would be. Yet, perhaps a slip of information could be gleamed.

Then came the newcomer. Another Evan. A twin or a super power. Salem couldnt pass at the opportunity. He pursed his lips and tsked hard. "Off. That must really hurt. Muscular pretty boy twins and my counselor still chose barbaric mountain cats over you two. That... that must really sting."

Gerald Marinos
Cropped Gerald.png

Gerald found himself transfixed by the gaze of the diminutive little figure. The eyes were… were they even eyes?! The face was completely unreadable. In point of fact, it was really just the eyes that even suggested a face was there, like when your brain saw a face in a water stain on a ceiling tile at school. On closer inspection, it clearly wasn’t a face at all, just those eyes on… a mushroom? Yeah, it was a mushroom, but with eyes! The cap wasn’t a hat; he could see the gills under the rim of it. The gills connected smoothly with the flesh of the rest of the figure. A two foot tall mushroom with arms and legs! It absolutely took his breath away that there should be something like this in the world. For the very first time since he manifested, he felt… kinship.

For weeks he’d been feeling increasingly disconnected. From his family, from society, from humanity as a whole. And it hurt to feel that way. Not that he’d ever had a particularly high opinion of humans, but like it or not, they were his species. And human beings need to feel connected. His powers had set him apart, or so he’d thought. He had been feeling excluded in a way that went so far beyond his previous day to day disaffection that he hadn’t even been able to articulate it to himself, in his own head. And now, here was this mushroom, looking at him through eyes as old as the hills. Gerald could not have said how he knew the eyes were old. Maybe it was the way they gazed at him; they didn’t stare, they just... looked at him, and saw him. There was no judgement in those eyes, no flinching away, just a peaceful gaze, like that of an old old man studying something new with mild interest, a gentle curiosity worn smooth by so much experience of life. And in that gaze, Gerald felt welcome. He knew now, deep down, that he wasn’t excluded by his new powers. No. He had become part of something larger. Something far wider than mere humanity.

And then the small being’s gaze shifted back to the older girl crouched down by the deer, and the current of kinship between them broke. Shaken by the experience, he vaguely registered that the girl crouched by the deer had spoken. Some social pleasantry in acknowledgement of the heat. Released from the mushroom’s arresting regard, he sees her for the first time. Tall, lean, and pretty, she had perfect skin the color of a pot of hot chocolate. The fancy kind, not the cheap stuff, the kind you made with milk rather than hot water. Her face was framed by a waterfall of darker wavy hair, somewhere between chestnut and mahogany. Gerald’s own hair had once been lustrous, unkempt, and nearly black, but it had all gradually fallen out over the course of the week leading up to his manifestation. At the time, he’d thought perhaps he was dying of something horrible.

She looked up at him and then quickly looked away, noticeably discomfited by his appearance, but tactfully hiding it behind a smile. He smiled as well, and also tactfully looked away. Odd to think that both pretty and ugly tolerated only momentary glances under society’s arcane rules of eye contact. Were you allowed to stare at normal people? It seemed safe enough to look at the mushroom man anyway. Mushrooms, it seemed, stood outside the human social order.

Good for them.

Oh god, did the mushroom man just break off a piece of himself?! Holy shit, he did! And he was holding it out as if... numbly, Gerald took it, unsure what else to do. It was strangely lightweight and had a spongy springy texture that reminded him of lionsmane. It smelled of the forest and musty old attics.

One could almost imagine it whispering, just at the edge of hearing, of the secrets it contained.

The girl also received a piece, though she seemed to think it was just his hat. What were they supposed to do? Was it edible? Should he ask? Could the little guy even answer? He seemed to have no mouth. Would it be rude not to taste it? Would it be sacrilege to do so? Gerald felt utterly lost at sea. Being part of a wider swath of what counted as sapient life clearly involved a steep learning curve for new social norms.

Just then, they were rescued from that supreme awkwardness by opportune distraction in the form of a strangely juvenile older boy. He was tall, with an athletic build that baggy clothes do little to conceal, and an energy that Gerald found strangely infectious, if bizarre. He first shouldered between them to examine the carcass, and then, curiosity apparently satisfied, labeled each of them in turn before tilting his head back and positively howling with laughter. Then he tilted back too far, overbalanced and fell over on his back like a beetle, still laughing. Gerald chuckled along in spite of the oddity. He was reminded of his youngest brother Adam somehow. Except Adam is eight, and this fellow is sixteen if he’s a day. Perhaps his mind was altered somehow by his manifestation? The girl seemed put off by the odd behavior, but for Gerald it seemed to fit right in. Again the feeling of otherness bubbled up in his mind. It seemed he had left normal notions of society far behind the moment he stepped out of father’s car. Still chuckling along with the boy on the ground, his gaze fell on the chunk of mushroom still sitting in his hand and something shifted into place in his mind. This was wonderland! He was in wonderland! Through the looking glass, where anything might happen! He leaned over to the mushroom man and proffered up the the chunk of headflesh before those strange old eyes and asked quietly: “Is this from the side that makes me grow taller or smaller?”

Before he could get an answer, trouble blew in like a thundercloud. The girl he’d seen dropped off at the turnaround had stomped over to their little gathering in her combat boots with all the subtlety of a goth rhinoceros. Honestly, she might as well have worn a sign around her neck saying “School Bully, Beware.” She blatantly stared at him, and tried to touch his face, which made him extremely uncomfortable, almost to the point where he lost control of his disguise, but he managed to stand his ground, shifting almost unconsciously to put himself between her and the boy on the ground. He could not have explained why he did this if asked. Perhaps some odd sense of brotherly protectiveness? That made no logical sense; the boy was older and almost half again his size and easily twice as strong, but still, the resemblance to Adam, at least in spirit, ruled his reaction more than logic. Perhaps he was worried she might accidentally step on him? Regardless of his reasons, he braced himself, heart pounding in his chest for whatever might come next.

Ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓛⓔ Ⓐⓣⓦⓐⓣⓔⓡ
interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: Other campers in the area

Danielle snorted laughter at the boy's antics. Well, obviously the boy had a bit of a sense of humour. "Well, I'm sure I have one dress somewhere in all my stuff that might suit you. Nice to meet you Sally,"she replied. The fifteen year old listening to him exchange banter with Blair and then the newcomer. At least with him around the time at camp certainly wouldn't be boring. He seemed to have a come back for everything.

She rolled her eyes slightly at the internet and TV question though. It was a little bit stupid seeing as they were surrounded on all sides by mountains in the middle of nowhere.

She let her bag drop temporarily to the ground. They might be here for a little while depending on how many questions were asked, and her arm was getting tired.

Of course she did have one question of her own. See she had never been to any camp before and this one was seeming increasingly odd to her the more campers that arrived on scene. Danielle shot her hand up into the air.

"Yeah, what's the deal with this camp? Like what kind of activities do we have? Not that I have much frame of reference but....what do you do in a camp for 'special' people?"Danielle asked, blushing darkly. It embarassed her to ask that. It was like waving a big flag that said 'Noob'.

Andreas Spencer
1838755383bf86d5e768ab478bb0fbcc.jpg

People talk about how things lose their beauty given time. Every action, act, experience, and wonder loses impact the more times they're had. Andreas couldn't help but think that was a load of crap. Flying, free and unburdened through the sky, felt every bit as beautiful and wonderful now as when he was no more than a baby. Every wingbeat sent his heart to thundering, every cloud he dived through refreshing as an icy bath. He couldn't imagine this act would ever fail to bring him joy.

Grazing the forest's treetops with his back talons, he let his gaze dip from the boundless sky to the camp ahead. New smells and sounds graced his senses. The sickly scent of gasoline was a surefire sign that campers had begun to arrive. Still hundreds of feet out he began to hear their murmurs, and he felt excitement grow in his chest at all the young men and women he was about to guide towards their futures!

As he closed the gap his transformation back to human form began ever so slightly. He needed to maintain enough muscle for what he was carrying after all. He burst forth, over the clearing near the camps main building, and touched down in the adjacent unoccupied field. One, two, three lumbering steps and he came to a full stop a mere thirty feet from those assembled around the sign in desk.

With a huff of released effort no less than two bears and four (and a half) deer dropped from his front talons onto the ground between them. With that it took a total of thirty seconds, of which he was sure was mostly stunned silence from the new arrivals, for Andreas to return to his relatively diminutive six foot eight stature. Thankfully unlike his compatriot Blair, his clothes went with him. To what seemed the dismay of many he had met over the years.

So there he stood, in a simple purple sleeveless tee, jeans, and shoes that one could only describe as garish and oversized. His eyes, still semi reptilian in nature, flicked from one face to the next while his wide grin plainly stated his glee. He reached down, tearing the leg from the half-deer, and raised it in the direction of the campers. With a boisterous cheer he proclaimed, "Good evening everyone! I hope you all are as excited as I for the wondrous fun of harmonizing with nature and training unhindered!" With that said he took a big, toothy bite of the delectable leg!

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha D. Rex D. Rex welian welian Zahzi Zahzi FliesandSpiders FliesandSpiders B Bag o Fruit xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Damafaud Damafaud Gus Gus Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 PlusUltra PlusUltra AFreakingBird AFreakingBird

Cassandra's mouth falls open at the sight of a real life, actual dragon. Her visions of this place had always been hazy, little snippets of a whole. She never could have expected anything like this. She takes a step back, and her knees start to wobble at the shock. "Whoa. I... I don't feel so good. What... who is that?" Cassandra slowly sits herself down on the ground after pulling her tarot cards out of her pocket, looking ill, possibly at all the meat and dead animals that are in front of her. "Why... why bears?" Her face is as pale as a sheet, her eyes are wide, and her mouth is still slightly ajar.

Jeb chose to momentarily ignore Toby’s insubordination and blatant disrespect. Instead, he glanced up at the sky as a shadow passed over – and then one of the new employees descended from the sky with a magnificent haul of meat.

“Hallelujah! At least someone around here knows how to pull through! You could learn a thing or two from a whippersnapper like Andy.” Jeb pushed himself out of his rocking chair, and rounded the corner around the main building to greet the crowd at the sign-in table.

There was a young lass on the ground though, clearly one of the campers. Jeb tapped Cassandra with his cane. In his mind, he was being thoughtful and gentle. Objectively, he was smacking this poor shocked girl with a stick so she’d get out of his way.

“Get up girlie,” he said gruffly, again believing himself to be using a grandfatherly voice. “Bears is good eatin’. I’ll teach you how to skin ‘em. Andy! Take your haul to the kitchen. Use the big freezer.”

OOC Zahzi Zahzi Xafin Xafin AllHailDago AllHailDago

Ricky Small
Zahzi Zahzi welian welian

Ricky stumbled out of the woods, a bleary expression on his face, as if the camp had just taken him by surprise. Leaning hard on his overpoweringly decorated walking stick, he limped to the porch and up the side steps until he was a few feet from where Tobias sat.

"Hey Tobes! Man, you would not believe the morning I had, lemme tell you... I was- wait, am I late for the campers?" he interrupted, glancing around. He shut his left eye and looked to the west, holding out his arm, with his fingers together and parallel to the horizon. "I forget, is it a half-hour per finger? Or a whole hour?"

1588811437551.png
Mungus the Fungus

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm… Things were suddenly moving quite fast. Or perhaps Mungus was just moving a bit slowly. As the fungus held his arms outstretched to the two new faces, another face emerged between them full of wonder and excitement… so much so that they fell over onto their back. Mungus was unsure if that was intentional. He often had a similar problem when his cap grew too large. The small fungal body lowered his arms and balanced his gaze between the now three figures before him, eventually coming to rest his focus on Drew. With his head cocked to the side, he stared for a moment feeling the mixture of emotions in the air. Excitement. Anxiety. Curiosity. Uncertainty… Mungus sat for a moment, pondering these new faces and registering them to memory as the bits of mushroom they held wafted into their lungs. Ah the picture was much clearer now.

As he pondered, one of the figures leaned close to Mungus, holding the mushroom piece and asking if it was… well… Mungus didn’t really understand the question to be honest. He was just glad to be a part of all the excitement. Short of an actual answer, the fungal body gave a slight nod and pointed towards the head of the boy, about to channel his voice before being interrupted by yet another new voice approaching, causing the boy’s attention to slip from Mungus. Wow… so many new faces. What excitement. Chungus the Fungus? Mungus did not know who that was either, but they sounded very nice. The situation seemed to be rapidly escalating faster than Mungus was really won’t to comprehend, yet he remained simply content to be experiencing it.

With their attention distracted, the fungal avatar turned back towards the elk’s and steadily slumped towards the carcass as the avatar itself began to die, releasing a cloud of spores over the flesh as he pondered on the new faces... Individuals whom had traveled from elsewhere, carrying their experiences and nutrients with them along their way, all of them now gathered here, with Mungus. His existence was vast, stretching throughout the meadows, hills, and streams of the forests, but no further. What a blessing, that he may meet new faces and integrate their experiences into his own. A subtle reminder he echoed through the minds of Gerald and Drew, being the only two whom his mind connected with thus far.

“Hmm… Life happens everywhere, whether you make it or not.”

As Mungus’s consiousness slipped from the body, the avatar’s eyes slowly greyed over and fell slack against the corpse, from which a robust colony of various fungus had begun to grow.

Gus Gus PlusUltra PlusUltra xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Damafaud Damafaud

Last edited:

135049_fZxE5Pyt.png

Dead Man?
Interaction
: AllHailDago AllHailDago PlusUltra PlusUltra xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Gus Gus
Mention: AFreakingBird AFreakingBird
Adrian Ward
The hilarity of the whole situation only escalated when some punk barged in on the conversation. She looked like a punk. She spoke like a punk. Heck, she was even rude like a punk. The problem was, they were in a summer camp, not some rundown alley in the city.

He didn't even respond to the punk's inquiry. Her presence felt so out of place. The hell a punk doing in a summer camp?! Adrian's laugh escalated to the point tears started running down his cheeks and his stomach started getting cramps.

And then he sank.

Literally. The boy suddenly sank down, leaving behind an empty shell of a shirt and jeans on a packed backpack. After a few seconds of total silence-

"Bwah! Sorry-"
Adrian broke into a fitting cough. "-misfire."

He continued to cough for a while. Adrian resurfaced right next to his bag, coughing and gasping like someone asthmatic after an attack while his arms repeatedly exit and entered the ground like a swimmer staying afloat. He was also noticeably naked, at least from the waist upward.

Once he regained his bearing, Adrian turned to his surrounding with the intention to explain how he got down there, but something else caught his attention.

"Hey, is the mushroom guy alright?"

He didn't look fine. Someone who talked and looked like a camp counsellor started giving a speech on the distance. In any other circumstances, Adrian would thrill over the badass image of biting into a deer's leg like a chicken drum (AND being a dragon on top of that?!), but something else was happening there.

Adrian waved and shouted from his half-sunk position, "Oi, Mister Dragon! I think someone just died here!"

Cassandra flinches at the smacking of the stick, looking up at Jeb with wide, wide eyes. What the hell is actually happening. "Y-Yeah, sure..." She stutters out, before pausing, her eyebrows crinkling downwards. "Wait, I don't think bears are good eating. How do you even cook bear?" She seems to be slowly recovering from her shock, her heartbeat slowing back down from the adrenaline shock she was given. Her expression is now quizzical, her head tilting to the side as she looks up at Jeb, bracing her arms against the ground and heaving herself up to standing.

She looks around at the shouted words about someone's death. "Someone died? Already?"

Michael Wood
Tags: N/A

The car drive was spent in complete silence. Not much to say there; occasionally his mother glanced at him, but his dad looked straight ahead. Probably for the better.

The neon-green Ford shuddered to a stop. Michael looked up. His father glanced at him once. "Bye."

Michael nodded and grabbed his bags. He jumped out of the car and no sooner had he slammed the door when the truck had turned around. He sighed a little but turned his attention to the camp's road. He had been dropped off far away from the entrance. Sighing, the boy readjusted the grip on his bags and started to plod along.

There was nothing to see. Simply trees on either side, some rocks, and a single path.

After a minute of walking through the dusty path, he stopped suddenly and gently lowered his bags down to give his arms a break. Someone was yelling. Michael concentrated a bit; he could hear something about... death?

Hmm. Well, that'll be interesting to watch. I hope it's one of the campers.

Well, actually, that wouldn't be that good. But at least it would be entertaining. He started to walk a bit faster than before; hopefully, he could get there before all the action had finished.

Gerald Marinos
Cropped Gerald.png

The bully made no further overtly aggressive moves, much to Gerald’s relief. Her attention seemed to have shifted to the other girl… or at least half of her attention? Her eyes had a weird way of moving within the context of her face. There was something very odd, and more than a little disturbing about how her power manifestation interacted with her facial features. Then again, he was in no position to cast stones on that particular issue, was he?

Still wary, but no longer in apprehension of immediate violence, his thoughts shifted back to the chunk of Mr. Mushroom’s head that he was holding. It’s odor was stronger now, and it seemed to have coated his hand with a light brown patina of spores. He coughed slightly, beginning to wonder whether it was an entirely a good idea to trust that it was even safe to hold, let alone eat. Still. Mr. Mushroom seemed nice, and he wouldn’t want to cause offense by dropping it. As a compromise, he stowed the spongy thing in his sweatshirt pocket along with his earbuds. Adam continued to guffaw on the ground behind him… wait no, not Adam, just that weird older boy.

A sudden spike in air pressure popped his ears as a freakishly strong downdraft dropped the ambient temperature by several degrees, stirring up dust and various forest detritus along the edge of the road. The force of it blew back the hood of his sweatshirt, revealing the rest of his head, still its usual purple, as he had only expended the effort to cover his face with the false acne. A split second later, something positively enormous swooped into his peripheral vision. Something bordering on terrifying. Something definitively impossible.

Then again, in Wonderland you had to believe seven impossible things before breakfast, right? Only two so far, and it was almost lunchtime. He supposed he needed to step up his game! The dragon landed in the clearing just on the far side of the cluster of buildings by the turnaround at the end of the road. It was hard to make out what was happening now, as the road curved around to the left, and the trees lining the road mostly obscured even the buildings, let alone the clearing beyond, but it looked like the dragon had disappeared entirely. Sure thing, that’s three! There was a sound of distant shouting, but he couldn’t make out the words. The tone sounded friendly though so... maybe somebody was greeting the dragon as an old friend or something? Hmmm... it did seem a bit on the plausible side though. Count it as... three and a half maybe? In the quiet that follows, several moments pass before he realizes what is missing. The laughter has stopped! He spins around half expecting to see… um… not… that? On the ground there is an empty set of clothes and a backpack where the boy once was. Teleportation? Quietly disintegrated by the bully? Gerald’s head was spinning with the possibilities. Definitely brings the count to a solid four impossible beliefs though. Maybe round it up to five. I mean why not believe both were true? It couldn't be both after all.

He coughed again, harder this time. Hard enough to make his guts squirm, and for just an instant, he was hit by an absolute tidal wave of nausea. Intense though it was, it passed as quickly as it came. In its wake, he felt... blurry. Not the world. Himself. His skin rippled through a wide variety of textures and colors as he tried to puzzle out exactly where he stopped and the world began, ending up as white as his sweatshirt.

Into this strange space of self-consciousness a voice, deep and resonant, echoed down to him, as if from the very beginning of time.

“Hmm… Life happens everywhere, whether you make it or not.”

Gerald’s eyes seemed to inflate to half again their normal size and swiveled about frantically in a vain effort to determine who had spoken and how. In a tiny voice, he whispered, “Ben?”

Then the odd-in-the-head boy’s head burst up through the ground at his feet, startling him so badly that he stumbled and fell back into a solid butt plant on the roadbed. The boy was treading water. Treading earth?

“Well, that’s a solid eight anyway.”

"Bwah! Sorry-" he burst out, gasping for air, "-misfire"

As the boy continued to ‘swim’ in place, Gerald was gripped by a powerful tactile illusion that he could feel the ground rippling under him like some kind of non-newtonian fluid. At least, he was pretty sure it was an illusion?

"Hey is the mushroom guy all right?"

Gerald, far past being surprised, turned to see Mr. Mushroom has slumped over the deer carcass, visibly shriveling and decaying, even as new life ran riot, blossoming all over the body of the deer. Gerald’s skin shifted again, first to gray, then to mottled brown, writhing in sympathetic waves of faux decay and growth. The motions of the cycles all around him spiral down into one singular, devastating understanding in his brain. It all fits together, and it is so, so very beautiful! Mr. Mushroom has places to be and things to do. Tears overflow his eyes and he freely lets them fall as he begins to shake with silent laughter.

The boy pushed himself to rise up higher and shouted towards the gathering crowd between the buildings from his half-sunk position, "Oi, Mr. Dragon! I think someone just died here!"

“No, no. He’s not dead, he’s moved on. Mr. Mushroom is one with the force."

And with that, Gerald returned to weeping and laughing, his skin fading gradually back to purple.

Tobias seemed unphased by the happenings around him, a giant dragon, a possible fatality, he continued to stare blanky toward the forest for a time.
As it was common for people to not pay his 'trances' much mind. Most tended to find him detestable, after all. A quiet Toby was a less problematic Toby. He'd take advantage of that isolation, using his power in full effect. Were they paying attention, even Jeb in all his effectiveness as snake mittens could see his eyes having changed color.

Fortunately, Tobias had nothing insideous planned, instead sharing the sight with all his active subjects- those Mungus' attempts to reclaim were either too late for. His view cycled various sights; Tree tops, Mountain Cliffs. The road out of this godforsaken hellhole. There were more than a few all around the group, minding their business for now.

He would be snapped out of his power when another staff member began speaking to him. Small. Either still too new or too dense to know that Tobias was the opposite of good company.

He looked up at the man, his eyes transitioning back to normal. He blinked a few times before pointing toward all the noise.
"...They only just arrived. Not too late to leave a bad lasting impression if you wanted to rush in..."

Last edited:
Jeb blinked and stared at Ricky, and then to the west where the sun was slowly starting to droop in the sky. It being summer of course, the sunset would not be for a couple more hours.

“Ain’t you got a watch?” the old man muttered, tired already of everyone’s collective shit.

“No, girlie. Nobody died. It’s probably just the mushroom man. I already done tried to kill him with some Gold Bond and a dehumidifier. It don’t work. There’s a fairy circle past the campfire that he likes to come out of, he’ll be back by dinner. Unfortunately. I don't want my bear stew ruined by his nasty-ass spores in my nostrils.”

Goddamn midget medic and his mushroom mania.

“Ricky, take the girl and the sign-in sheet and go do a role call. I’m gonna go light the campfire. With any luck, I’ll finally kill Mungus.”

OOC For what it's worth, Jeb does like Mungus, and would be rather sad if he successfully killed him.

Zahzi Zahzi B Bag o Fruit Xafin Xafin

Last edited:
Blair

1589140279254.png
Location - Sign In/Check In Area
Interaction - FliesandSpiders FliesandSpiders D. Rex D. Rex Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 @ Anyone nearby
Current Form - Human

Blair clapped her hands in what could only be described as aggressive excitement. She knew that Salem's name had been somewhat familiar but she wasn't able to pinpoint where it had originated. Of course this scrawny looking boy was behind. ''I'm going to be completely honest, it is a joy to meet the boy behind the chaos. The laughs I had were truly top quality and quite annoying to the prudes around me. The prospects aren't too bad here, being in my early 20's really has it's perks. As you know, sexy time in the animal kingdom is completely 1-on-1 combat so I think I'll stay away from that. You would not believe how many times men and women on occasion have had a certain preference that they want me to do. Of course I turn it all down.''

She had 'lightly' jabbed her elbow into Evan's ribs, ''Oi it's not my fault that my power wanted me to show off this body that I maintain. You'll always be my personal Camp Magic Mike. Ah, hello to all the newcomers that keep popping up out of thin air, I'm counselor Blair in case you didn't know. Also known as the loveable beast of Camp Winifred.''

Blair's pupils had shifted into thin slits as she observed the Evan double that now stood before them. Any other mortal would have had a problem discerning the two devils but she wasn't as easily fooled. She took a very invasive sniff of both Evans, at least enough to cause a slight tickle across their arms and neck. ''You could have fooled anyone else kid but the nose knows. A plus for appearance though, you don't smell nearly as sleazy as the original goofball here.''

Silva

Blair clapped her hands in what could only be described as aggressive excitement. She knew that Salem's name had been somewhat familiar but she wasn't able to pinpoint where it had originated. Of course this scrawny looking boy was behind. ''I'm going to be completely honest, it is a joy to meet the boy behind the chaos. The laughs I had were truly top quality and quite annoying to the prudes around me. The prospects aren't too bad here, being in my early 20's really has it's perks. As you know, sexy time in the animal kingdom is completely 1-on-1 combat so I think I'll stay away from that. You would not believe how many times men and women on occasion have had a certain preference that they want me to do. Of course I turn it all down.''

She had 'lightly' jabbed her elbow into Evan's ribs, ''Oi it's not my fault that my power wanted me to show off this body that I maintain. You'll always be my personal Camp Magic Mike. Ah, hello to all the newcomers that keep popping up out of thin air, I'm counselor Blair in case you didn't know. Also known as the loveable beast of Camp Winifred.''

Blair's pupils had shifted into thin slits as she observed the Evan double that now stood before them. Any other mortal would have had a problem discerning the two devils but she wasn't as easily fooled. She took a very invasive sniff of both Evans, at least enough to cause a slight tickle across their arms and neck. ''You could have fooled anyone else kid but the nose knows. A plus for appearance though, you don't smell nearly as sleazy as the original goofball here.''
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Last edited:
Astrid Belland
Location | Camp Check-In

~ ☓ ~

Honestly...what had she been expecting? To begin with, Astrid did not have high hopes for this summer camp, but how her mother felt about Camp Winfred might have attributed the most to that sentiment. The worst experience in her entire life...a real hell hole that place was. This was the garbled, yet still vitriolic description her mother had given Camp Winfred, which Astrid happened to accidentally overhear while trying to tap into the old, dusty television in her room. Instead, all of the landlines seemed to become confused, transmitting the conversation between her mother and father as if she herself were the phone and on the other end of the line.

Astrid readjusts the straps of her belongings, staring straight ahead into the endless woods, seeming as if she was focusing on the whistling of the emerald green trees. In actuality, she continues to go over the conversation in her head as if turning it over and over would make this situation any better. Interestingly enough, the trees begin to part, making way for what resembles a draconic creature from her favorite video game. She perks up a bit then, eyes going wide enough to see the unique structure of her hazel green irises.

A part of her then starts to become curious, wondering if she could project a creature similar to his form. Astrid taps a finger on her soft pink lips. “How intriguing...” she says, much louder than intended—looking back and forth to see if anyone heard, but they were probably all too busy with the commotion to pay her any mind.

Current Outfit | Optional View
Mood |
Interactions |
None
Mentions |
AllHailDago AllHailDago
Nearby | Campers and Counselors

Evan would give Salem a little bit of glare before he would lightening up with a bit of a smile as he kinda caught on to what he was saying "well at least you can appreciate my looks enough that I'm a poster boy for something~" Evan would say with a little bit of a chuckle finding what was meant to be a jab at him just amusing. "buuuuut.. also~ ya not gonna get a wifi signal out where sweetie" he'd answer Evan's long tail beginning to whip around somewhat excitedly. though it did seem Blair was well preoccupied with this other boy until she'd turn around and give him a jab in the ribs Evan letting out a little huff before his long tail would coil around the woman's body a huge smile now plastered on his face "well~ honestly Blair no matter what you look fabulous soo I'm not complaining, aaaannnd ill take that as a compliment too~" Evan would say with a bit of a chuckle before seeing the copy of himself. "oooh? well? who's this handsome fellow then" he'd chuckle looking at Arlon with amusement.
Arlon looked back at Evan with a grin on his face deciding to... play along "oh well you just looking in a mirror obviously besides you do look amazing on me" he'd say with a stupid laugh the sniffing form Blair just made Arlon roll his eyes "wow wow now girly sure you might have caught me out but I'm curious, how do I smell then?" he'd ask jokingly. in Evans case the sniffing just made him chuckle even more "hey Blair sweetie no need to call me sleazy? or do you like how I smell?" he'd say once again rather jokingly turning back to Arlon "now you, there while you do look amazing mind changing to something else your obviously a shapeshifter"?
with a huff Arlon would cave to the demand instead, turning into Blair just to be spiteful.

Last edited:
Gwendolyn Trussel
Tags:
(Open)

The larger girl could only chuckle at the request she asks the name of the fungus "Eh more fun to just make something up that's fitting....so I'm going to go with Chungus" gesturing a black polished nail towards the mushroom man "Besides he seems to be giving out free samples, or is it the first time you had another boy in your mouth?" another long snicker as she squats down "Though if you don't want it, I'm not averse to trying new things" the wide smile plashing a large row of sharp teeth. Whatever she was going to do or say next was broken by the arrival by the large dragon man, she didnt turn around initially at the impact of the burst of hair but instead twisted her neck around unnaturally to look at him "And now a Bad Dragon, They really did seem to want to pile all the misfits and freaks in one spot huh?" standing back up but bringing what was left of the dear to her eye level for a moment, internally deciding if to claim the head or not, after all a dear skull hat and antlers would be a pretty metal fashion accessory once she cleaned it up, the other hand going to the Mushroom pans lifeless body "And the **** Just gets better and better! Been here 5 minutes and already found 2 dead bodies, Sure this aint Camp Crystal Lake or some **** instead?" letting out another deep laugh as she looks around at the turn of events, and best yet she didnt even have to do anything for the show! Maybe this camp wouldn't be so boring after all. She seems to be now casually walking closer to the sign in sheet to get finished off, bodies in tow for whatever purpose was anyone's guess.

Michael Wood
Tags: (Open)

Michael finally got close and put down his bags, panting lightly. He looked up and, seeing the deer, the mushroom man, the dragon, and the people, he grinned. It looked like it wouldn't be boring after all. He smiled again. "Hm. Looks like we'll all be dead in two days at this rate. That'll be fun. " He glanced around, and muttered quietly to himself, "Dibs on suicide." He may as well go out on his own terms if he went out at all.

I probably shouldn't be thinking this. Brain damage probably happened. Maybe someone I shifted into was suicidal. That's not good.

He didn't really care, though. Also not a good sign.

Ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓛⓔ Ⓐⓣⓦⓐⓣⓔⓡ
interactions: Xafin Xafin
Mentions: Other campers in the area

No one seemed to respond to her 'what you did at superpower' camp but that was alright. Danielle no longer cared about the answer anyway with the arrival of the dragon with the multiple bears and deer. Like an actual dragon. Oh, and someone died, but apparently didn't stay permanently dead? She felt a vague sense of belonging in this place, but it was also weird. Very, very weird.

"I'll bet the dragon cooks the mean, and as for what it tastes like well....I suppose it's better then eating nothing,"Danielle replied. She chose actively to ignore the dead body situation...nothing she could do there in any case.

She moved closer to the girl who had fallen over and was shakily getting back up.

"Are you okay? Are you still feeling faint?"she asked.

Danielle vaguely wondered if her powers would work on her if she was. Like she knew it worked on cuts and bruises and stuff....but faintess and all that? She hadn't yet worked out all the particulars yet of what she could do.

"O-Oh." She says in response to Jeb's gruffness, "I suppose that's alright, then. Not much that can be done, since he's dead... I'll look out for him at dinner."

Cassandra then turns to Danielle, a smile starting to appear on her face. Not every day someone cares enough to ask if she's okay, after all. She replies, after a short pause of marveling at how nice everybody seems to be, even the grumpy older man, "I think I'm okay. I was just... you know, really, really, really startled by the appearance of a dragon. I mean, all the card readings I did up to this day, and not a single mention of a dragon! Wow." She finishes with an awed tone, brushing off her backside, getting some of the dirt off her shabby clothes.

"I'm Cassandra, by the way. Please don't call me Cassie." She grins at Danielle with all of her teeth, which make her look a little bit like an excitable bunny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back