• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: The Lost Oracle

Miles Akers Miles stared up at her. Unless she meant that there were dryad spirits wandering around the forest that he didn't know about, what made her think that any dryad here would listen to him, a Roman? Especially a Roman that everyone already suspected had something to do with the Oracle being taken. If none of the campers trusted him, why would nature?

He stood back up, crossing his arms. "If anyone is going to talk to a Dryad, it should be you. I've already done what I can and-" He stopped suddenly, stiffening. There were voices coming from somewhere behind him. He might not have reacted at all if he had heard them coming, or if they weren't being so suspiciously quiet, but he didn't. He temporarily forgot that Janna was standing right in front of him.

Miles pulled out his dagger, though he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it. His eyes narrowed as he tried to pick up more of whatever they were saying, but they weren't talking anymore. For whatever reason, they were completely silent. Had they... followed him? He should have probably taken a few seconds to come up with a plan. Instead he pulled at the shadows cast by the trees around him, which was a little harder than it should have been because the sun took away a lot of them, and covered himself in them to hide from whoever was watching. Then he headed towards where he last heard them.

slim slim Robin man Robin man takki takki

While Janna and the roman were talking, John was analyzing what they were saying on the spot. So far, he didn't notice anything unusual about the conversation. And then, suddenly, the boy who was talking paused. Maybe the boy realized something or just forgot to say something. John waited for the roman to talk, but he didn't. Around him, the shadows of the trees got darker as they loomed above them. That scenario made his skin crawl.

"Something's not right." John said to Travis in a confused manner. Were they being attacked? His instincts said. If it is true, he was ready to jump in a battle, though there was no water around him. He would rely on his sword to protect himself. Instead of staying low, John stood up, but still hidden behind the tree. He scanned his surroundings, but he didn't peek at where Janna and the boy was. Around them was trees. Only trees, majestically long trees. Even though he was expecting an attack, he didn't dare to hurt anyone, except the evil demigods and the monsters.

He clenched his sheathed sword using his right hand, where his sword was. "Don't make any noises, Travis." John quietly said.

Robin man Robin man S n o w S n o w slim slim

Noctis
Watching his offering of food to his father burn in the flames through the shades of his sunglasses that protected his eyes from much of the light Noctis hoped that his words reached the man he has never met outside of his childhood dreams. Everything is silent father, what is going on up there? Knowing he wasn't going to get an answer, yet hoping for one, he was slow to sit at his table and begin eating. Picking at his food more then anything.
Peaking up over his glasses he watched the others around him and sensed the tension around the camp. He wished he could give everyone the answers they desired, hell even a hint would do, but his recent visions hadn't concerned the current issue in the least. The biggest one had revealed which team was going to win at the next baseball game.
Sure, that told him that he was going to win his bet with some kids in the Hermes cabin but in the bigger scheme of things was useless.
Suddenly, not feeling very hungry he cast the rest of his food into the fire and was about to head to his cabin and rest when he noticed Travis from the Ares cabin follow two forms away in the direction of the forest. Squinting to get a better look revealed that one was one of the Roman children. What are they doing? Interrogating the boy? No, Travis obviously isn't apart of their group and the girl doesn't seem overly threatening.
Curiosity killed the cat. Following the group he settled into a tree a safe distance away in the path they came. He figured if they were planning something violent he would hear them and if not then it probably wasn't something that they would be overly secret about and he could just ask them when they came back. And if they weren't back before he got bored, well then he would follow.
Interaction: N/A (He's just being snoopy)

Miles AkersMiles spotted one of them standing behind a tree, and his eyes moved to the other figure crouching behind bushes. His eyes narrowed when the smaller one spoke. Though compared to the big guy everyone was smaller. What did they want? He didn't care if they followed him out of suspicion, but if they came out here trying to catch him off guard and ambush him...

He recognized one of them. The son of Poseidon that had been sitting by himself in the pavilion. Miles suspected that other one was an Ares kid, from looks alone. He couldn't take them both by himself, but if he snuck around behind them before they realized he was there he could-Miles shook his head. He didn't know their intentions, and if he attacked and they were harmless it probably wouldn't go over well. Miles snuck around them anyway, but he stayed out of range of the smaller ones sword. He leaned back against a tree, and crossed his arms. He let all the shadows around him fall away so that he was visible again.

"Hasn't anyone told you not to sneak up on a Roman?"

takki takki Robin man Robin man

John was forcing himself not to unsheathe his rapier. He would get recognized as an attacker. But, his right hand was gripped on the handle of the rapier, and he was ready to defend at all cost. Travis wasn't acting up. John thought that he was fantasizing bloodlust, war, weapons, bloodthirst and other violent things on the midst on a shadowy situation. He lightly kicked Travis in his knee and said, "Dude, stand up."

John moved his head on the direction of his body to maintain a straight position. That way, he wouldn't fall on his first dodge. If he did manage to fall, he'd quickly recover his wits and defend. "Enough thinking.", he muttered to himself.

The shadows subsided, and the darkness was retreating on the ground. He almost jumped by the voice behind him. He'd look startled. He faced the person behind him and sighed, "Do not sneak up on me, son of Pluto!"

Robin man Robin man S n o w S n o w slim slim

Last edited:
Travis wasn't paying attention to anything going on around him, he was keeping his eyes on the Roman. He observed the Roman blending into the shadows. "So, he's a son of Pluto then?" He thought to himself as he kept focus on where he went. He didn't notice the kicks to the knee. He didn't hear the Roman say anything, but he threw a knife at him, the knife coming close to the young man's head.

That was when Travis's hearing kicked back in. He heard the Romans comment about don't sneak up on him. "If I wanted to ambush you, you wouldn't be talking right now." He said with a grin on his face. "And I'm just here to make sure you don't do anything to Janna. And I want to hope that you can help with the Oracle situation." He explained to him.
takki takki S n o w S n o w slim slim

Miles AkersMiles took a step away from the knife, and narrowed his eyes at Travis. He thought about retaliating, but his eyes moved to John and he decided against it. It didn't seem like they wanted to fight, anyway. "Look who's talking, son of Poseidon. You followed me out here, remember?" He shook his head, turning his attention back to Travis.

"Janna, huh? So that's her name." Miles didn't sheath his dagger. He pulled the knife out of the tree and tossed it at his feet. "I'm impressed that you still managed to track me while I was covered in shadows. But no, I can't. I've done all I can. The Oracle's not dead, or dying, so I can't tell what happened." Miles shrugged.

John hopelessly watched as the knife flew out of Travis's hand, aiming at the direction of the son of Pluto's head. He sighed in relief as he dodged the knife like he knew it was going to happen. He can't blame Travis for being reckless, and romans are on the same stage like the greeks. "Both sides are doing their best to solve this unpredicted phenomenon, Travis. You can't blame anyone." He told Travis. "Exc-- Nevermind." John cut himself out.

It turns out that John knows a little about the greek history. He remembered himself reading a greek mythology book when he was still at his town living with his aunt. His theory may not make sense, so he decided not to continue what he was saying. He finally replied to Janna, "Well, we weren't sneaking and yes, Travis" he pointed at Travis, "followed you. I followed Travis." He ended that thought so it wouldn't get too complicated. "We're just... eavesdropping." John blindly told the truth.

S n o w S n o w Robin man Robin man

Miles Akers Miles raised an eyebrow at John. "And what, exactly, would you call hiding behind trees and in bushes?" He gestured towards their hiding places. "Seems like you were sneaking around to me." He looked down at his reflection on his dagger. "Since you heard everything, you know that we were planning to do next." He wondered, very suddenly, if there were others following him. If they were doing it, why wouldn't others for the same reason? Miles looked around warily. "Is it just you two? Or are there more demigods hiding out here?"

"It's just us two. No one could've followed us." John said. "And, I won't spill this to anybody." He promised. He leaned against the tree John and Travis were hiding at. He looked at the sky. The clouds were above them, the sunlight was shimmering through in the ground through the open gaps in the overlapping branches of the trees. He directly thought to the sky, Uncle, if you're hearing this, please let me talk to my dad. Or at least give me a sign that the gods care for their sons and daughters. But John knew no one in the Olympus would hear his answer.

S n o w S n o w Robin man Robin man

Last edited:
Janna had followed the Roman boy a little ways since she was confused on why he had gone all shadowy in the middle of the conversation. She wasn't on edge at camp since she knew there wasn't much to even do, but she guessed the Roman kids were on edge 24/7. She didn't know why honestly. They were like everyone else here.

She saw the group meet up and so she stayed a little ways off. One of the boys..Travis, she thought, was talking about how he was making sure she was safe. It was pretty interesting even if it was a lie or not. Everyone was so tense and it was really annoying. Why did they call each other "Son of Pluto" etc? Names existed for a reason. Was it a guy thing or big three kid thing? Janna was happy she had a regular godess for a mother or she'd apparently become an ego trip like everyone else at this damned camp.

"If you guys are done acting like your life is threatened by everyone else every single moment then we can try to discuss the bigger issue and not who you think stalks you. I don't know about you, but I want to go questing again. There's nothing like risking your life for stuff the gods are too lazy to do themselves."

Janna gave Travis a wave since he seemed to be the nicest person here and made one of the tree branches bend near the ground so she had a place to perch as she looked over the small gathering.

S n o w S n o w takki takki Robin man Robin man

John stared at the sky. He suddenly got startled because he almost forgot Janna was just behind them. He particularly didn't like the tone of her voice when she was starting to speak anything related to Big Three. John walked to an open side just beside Travis to practice his sword handling.

"There should be a quest coming up soon, given the matter of the recent situations." John replied and looked at Janna, "And, I bet this quest would be the hardest, without a prophecy from the Oracle." He gazed away and unsheathed his rapier to practice. For two years, he admitted that his best skill was sword arts. The most suitable weapon for him is a rapier, regardless of what material it was made with, as long as it is light. He unsheathed his rapier and started to slash the air continually.

slim slim Robin man Robin man S n o w S n o w

Miles Akers Miles blinked at Janna, feeling more than a little insulted. "You say that as if they weren't following me." He shook his head and turned to John when he spoke, though there wasn't much for him to say. He only knew that their Oracle gave them quests to go on, but he didn't know much about how that actually worked. How did they pick who went on a quest? Did they leave camp immediately or was there a set date? Though none of that really mattered, because of the whole lack of a quest-giver.

Miles sheathed his dagger, even as John did the opposite. "Between all the sneaking and near-death experiences," He glanced at Travis' knife. "I never got your name. What is it?" He looked at Travis. "You too. It would be easier if I didn't think of you by your godly parent all the time." He didn't think that they would be doing anything like this again, but he'd keep a better eye on his surroundings from now on, just in case.

takki takki Robin man Robin man slim slim

Travis listened to the Romans explanation of what the two were doing out here. Travis was relieved that the reason was to help with the whole Oracle situation. He walked over to the Roman and pulled out the knife from the tree, and sheathed it. He then held out his massive hand out to the stranger and said. "Names Travis, head of the Ares cabin. Over there is John, the lone child of Poseidon. And I don't think I know your name either. I much prefer to know your name, then call you Pluto junior."
S n o w S n o w takki takki slim slim

Miles AkersMiles shook his hand, and tried not to think about how small his was in comparison. "I'm Miles-" He stopped when he was about to add that he was the centurion of the fourth cohort. That either wouldn't mean anything to them or it wouldn't matter. Up close, he realized how wrong he was to think that he stood a chance against Travis if he and John were separated. If they ever sparred together, Travis would probably end up being his enemy by the end of it. Along with the entire Ares cabin.

He crossed his arms, and looked past Travis at John and Janna. "Has there ever been a quest given out without a prophecy?"

Robin man Robin man slim slim takki takki

"Nice to meet you, Miles." John replied, "And for as far as I know, there isn't." He slashed his rapier two times at the air and impaled it to the ground, making the rapier stand by itself on the ground. He faced on where the four of them was facing. "I don't know but, someone should enter Olympus. I think the gods are in a vacation in Hawaii, or something." He jokingly told them. "But I'm serious about the first part." You're not funny, me. John thought to himself

He picked his rapier up and sheathed it. He moved closer to the group so he can hear them talk more clearly.

slim slim Robin man Robin man S n o w S n o w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back